test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MOF CW stuck / master expedition and relog issue

picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
MOF CW get stucked and cant move anymore. I think it happens when using an at-will power.
Seems the old problem from mod9,10,11,12,13,14,15 isnt fixed. If you use an at-will that must be targeted or loaded, and some other guy kills your target, then you are stuck.
This is a very old bug. till mod15 you can use any other encounter power to release, but this workaround isnt functioning anymore. Only solution is to relog.

When you are in a master expedition and have this issue and you do a relog, then you are outside to YP.
Seems that is the same bug of old stories where you are in PE after relog.

Comments

• misstaken#0561 misstaken Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Only noticed it happening in last few weeks, but has happened multiple times where if I attack and there's no longer an enemy to target, it freezes me in place and I can't move. I look like I'm still in attack stance. Defeating myself works most of the time, but just had a problem where that didn't work, and I could only move by teleporting around. Couldn't get on mount, and defeated myself multiple times and couldn't get out of the animation. Was in a Tiamat instance, and once I teleported to the door and left, it unstuck me. Seems to be an issue mostly in dungeons/raids/skirmishes where multiple people are attacking the same targets. I have video of it but am not sure how to link it. Has happened about 10 times to me.
  • neverburnaclown#3112 neverburnaclown Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    Ran into this too with the storm pillar charge at will. Usually left stick does the trick
  • misstaken#0561 misstaken Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Please fix, this is still happening. Takes long enough to solo queue as dps as it is, but to have to quit out because you can only use dodge to move around is annoying af. I'm stuck, and defeat myself don't work.
  • malignantmind#3340 malignantmind Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    I hit this same bug the other day on my wizard while doing a master expedition. Unable to move or jump, but could still teleport. Killing myself didn't fix the problem. I was forced to abandon the quest. And currently if you leave a master expedition for any reason, like being forced to abandon the quest because of a bug you have no control over, or being disconnected from the server (another thing you have no control over), it still counts that as one of your expeditions for the day. You get nothing for it, but that one is wasted. Which is extremely frustrating.
  • dexymandexyman Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue. It happens while farming resonance aswell.
  • phoeniraphoenira Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    This bug happened to me as well during last modules and during master expedition yesterday. Relog and out of the area -> quest failed. Tha's not very encouraging to do current content. For now I swapped the at-will that I suspect triggered the bug with another one - which is not so good, but less dps for less bugs seems better to me :/
  • serpeer#6400 serpeer Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    the same here, I opened a ticket 3 days ago, no one cares. online support tell me they can't do nothing and don't know nothing about it. so, old bug and no support, like always
  • barbaraburnsbarbaraburns Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    With my CW, I am having it happen in the campaign expeditions after a fight .. the w key is disabled completely but I can still dodge/teleport ... BUT .. I cannot teleport down off the rocks to continue searching for relics .. so when I travel gated from the Vanrakdoom Expedition to Moonstone Mask - the stuck command did not let me either, my w key let me walk again .. so I went back to Yawning Portal and went to the Vanrakdoom Expedition .. first fight .. again my w key was disabled and I had to leave the instance yet again. I created a ticket.

Then I went to Portal of Tuern weekly and did that. Then I went to Dread Ring to do the Red Wizards weekly and after the first fight in Dread Ring, my w key was disabled again .. I logged out of game after creating another ticket.

It seems to be filling up a container of ..something .. that is tied to how many times I can use my w key before, during & after a fight.

IF it will not let me continue the Vanrakdoom Expedition, I cannot complete the Undermountain Campaign. I will try again but this is beyond frustrating and irritating since I am not doing anything except killing monsters in the instance as I search for relics.

------------------------------Edited to Add--------------------------------

Still on my wizard:

I managed to finally get the last Vanrakdoom campaign questing done last nite ... BUT in order to finish it .. I had to teleport thru the entire last quest including killing the dragon to free Glyster.

This morning .. in Arcane Reservoir weekly .. after the first fight .. it is now back to I have to teleport - the WALK is disabled - I can double click the W for teleport so it is not my keyboard key acting up.

AND THERE IS NO ABANDON INSTANCE .. so I just exited the game .. THIS IS FAST BECOMING A GAME BREAKER FOR ME. I love Neverwinter and the new mod is lots of fun .. but having to teleport thru all the quests --IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO DO SO--is NOT fun at all :( and many places will not allow teleporting in places where we need to jump up or down.

----------------Edited AGAIN to Add---------------------
    nic1985 said:

Once I was able to fix this by reset my keys bind via Esc/options/reset to default.

Sometime my CW/OP seem to be stuck using at-wills and to stop it is to reset keybinds to default.

I tried this - it did NOT fix anything for me :( I got about half way thru Arcane Reservoir then walk was again disabled so I had to teleport in order to move around the room and with No Abandon Instance I just exited the game.

This is beyond old to me .. guess I will try playing my Cleric later in the new Undermountain campaign and see if it happens to her too or not :(

IF this continues on more or even worse, on all of my toons .. I will have to find another game to play and spend my money on if no one is going to fix this.

----------------Edited YET AGAIN to Add---------------------

I am in my mid 60's with elder age issues. The new mod hurts my hands very FAST .. so it took me a week to get to level 80 when several ppl I know can do it in about 3-4 hours. Then this happens and I cannot go do anything fun .. currently aka Master Expeditions .. with friends.

Yes I have several other toons that I could play .. BUT .. it is disheartening to consider that I could spend another week getting to the Master Expedition part of the new Mod and suddenly .. yet again .. NOT be able to do them. I have no guarantee that this bug will not trigger on any or all my other toons too.

I have played this game more than 5 years and I love it but it angers me to work so hard to be able to go do something that I can now never do because of Cryptic's unaddressed coding bugs from whenever this bug was first reported years ago. I feel lucky I had not triggered it before now .. but I cannot explore game content if I cannot kill monsters in it. If I cannot explore - my money stays in my bank account - not in theirs.

THUS I have decided to leave the game .. totally due to this issue.
    Post edited by barbaraburns on
    Hope you have a great day!
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Once I was able to fix this by reset my keys bind via Esc/options/reset to default.

Sometime my CW/OP seem to be stuck using at-wills and to stop it is to reset keybinds to default.
  • k272t#1665 k272t Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    The same is happening with my Thaum CW in Master Expeditions, unable to move around although combat is still possible andyes having to abort quest and having it fail is not acceptable . Currently doing a verify fails and support have suggested i reset my keybinds so will also try that and see if it fixes whatever is causing this
  • k272t#1665 k272t Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Ok so did a force verify files, logged in and onto my Wizard, reset keybinds, clicked apply and ok'd it , went to run another master Expedition and unfortunately for me issue still there after just one magic relic find :/ . I have included this thread in my update ticket to support and have also stated that it doesn't seem to have been looked at by a dev yet , so here's hoping it will
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the update @k272t#1665!