test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

critical severity in mod 16

is critical severity capped at 100%?
i remember reading this on the early notes for preview module 16.....that critical severity and combat advantage damage bonus both would be capped at 100%......

if it is capped at 100% i have a base severity 97%......so what is the additional 50% from rank 14 vorpal going to actually do for me damagewise? 3% more critical severity, taking into account any diminishing returns that may be working? or am i going to get 137% more damage from my criticals?
Parwen Valerian DC
Rekk Talent OP

Comments

• tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited April 2019

is critical severity capped at 100%?
    i remember reading this on the early notes for preview module 16.....that critical severity and combat advantage damage bonus both would be capped at 100%......

if it is capped at 100% i have a base severity 97%......so what is the additional 50% from rank 14 vorpal going to actually do for me damagewise? 3% more critical severity, taking into account any diminishing returns that may be working? or am i going to get 137% more damage from my criticals?

No it's not because ranger can get 30% more severity from boon which make them get 105%. I was wondering if there was a cap at 125% because adding crit sev companions didn't add more crit sev, but it's only a bug with those companions.

Any way vorpal crit sev never been added to crit sev stat in character sheet.

I will post a screen shot of the max crit sev I can have listed when I will be able to play.
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

Here you go, game is in French, but I Think "sévérité critique" and "crit severity" is still understable
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Haven't seen on Janne's site, or the wiki, but saw in PE people throwing around the total of 194% it starts to diminish. Not sure where that total comes from. With potions/elixirs I can hit 143.5%(1 epic splinter comp on def) on gwf, plus the vorpal %. Could get the new set and +2 dex and reroll for another 2 more. Can't really see it going higher than 146.5 unless you use another crit sev comp or get the scale 6% and eat summer feast or squash soup, so 205%ish max with vorpal 14 or around and getting the scale 6% I figure. I'll be checking to see if Janne updates with a crit sev tab.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    @stark760 There is no cap (except the maximum that can be achieved in the game, ofc).

It doesn't have diminishing returns on any specific point. It does have relative increase (some may call it diminished returns, it's ok, but again, it will start from 0 and not from some arbitrary number)

It behaves like m15, except two differences, one is that the critical chance is capped at 50% vs old assumption of 100%, meaning that on average Critical Severity is half effective.
    Second difference, is the added CA, we used to count various stuff in on CA, now it depends strictly on the stat, and capped at 100%. Though for actual practical figure people should consider that they do not have CA all the time.

• stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    In the old formula, crit sev/combat avd combined, and slide down as you went higher. On janne's formula now, there is no drop in 1% crit sev no matter how much you put in. Power does take more to get 1% however. At 150k power it takes 2500 to get 1%. At 175k, 2750 is needed for 1%. 1% crit sev is equaling 1% power damage(divided by the 50% crit cap) on the damage formula. As of now, there is no info on it, except people claiming totals they heard, or saying use Janne's old formula. As of now, if it holds true, at high ends crit severity 1% would equal 2750 power at 175k, or 3k power at 200k. Also makes the guild boons change. If you reach 200k, then the guild boon of 15% crit sev would mean 45k power worth of damage, only at half the time. 22.5 avg is better than 8k power all the time.