test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I posted here because this HAS to be a mistake.

devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
I went back on track with the Bruenor "Defending the Sword Coast" quest line and am appalled with what happened. I am to rescue sky pirates from air cultists but as soon as I enter the area it drops me to level 60 but all the mobs are fighting at lvl 73! I am doing no damage at all. This has to be some kind of mistake.

Cheers,
Ulfrik Dragonsyre
Hero of Neverwinter
Retribution Paladin of the realm
Siring quality Dragons for mounts and pets

Comments

• devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Let me be clear. This is only with my main character and Oath-bound Pally. Both my other characters, a SW and DC, fight at lvl 60 as well as the mobs.

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
    So sorry, scratch that I spoke too soon. The general mobs fight at the correct lvl but the ones holding the captives still fight at lvl 73.

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
    Update. I've tried a few things. I went back to Bruenor and abandoned the quests but after re-accepting them I keep getting the same pirate rescue quest. I was hoping it was random so I could try another. This is a quest stopper. Without being able to complete these quests I cannot get the Tales of Adventure towards the campaign. Please look into this.

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    This has been reported a few times, and is clearly a bug.

You might not be capable of proceeding in this campaign until it's fixed, and that might not be until next week. Work towards a different campaign, or do Undermountain, until then?
    Ok Cryptic throw us a bone and quell this one fast. It is a gem changer. I will monitor this post if anyone has any news.

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
    It's annoying, but "I am unable to proceed through one specific very old campaign" is not a game-killing bug.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    lowjohn said:

It's annoying, but "I am unable to proceed through one specific very old campaign" is not a game-killing bug.

For the brand new players, it can be.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    It seems the random mobs in the Rescue the Captives Pirate quest are on level, 60-63, but the mobs holding the captives are lvl 73. This means those of us who get dropped to lvl 60 upon entering cannot finish the quest. I can't wait to see this fixed. I was so enjoying this campaign.

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
  • teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    i have toons from mod15 that have different quest from him and if i try to go in that they still cant be touched where i agree that isn't normal
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    what is irritating about this is that it was reported over 6 weeks ago...and is still not fixed.
    Hoping for improvements...
    I rang in myself and reported it as a bug as well. Someone said they are aware of it. I hope this gets resolved soon.

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
    kreatyve said:

lowjohn said:

For the brand new players, it can be.
    I don't think so: Anyone doing The Maze Engine today has also received prompts to begin several other similar of-level campaigns. One of them getting an "impossible to proceed" bug less than a week after a level cap upgrade is annoying, and definitely needs to be fixed, but it's not a game-killer when there's tons of other of-level content.

It's a game killer in the sense that I am waiting to play the new end content and find it hard to level with only these old little quests to tie up and exp points cut in half. The maze Engine is the highest campaign I have to catch up on. Not fun.

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Team is aware of this issue but I have no updated ETA on a fix timeline.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    we have been wwaiting 6 weeks for a fix...we can wait a bit longer. It is just really annoying right now, as it blocks people from doing one of the 3 challenge cmpaign quests this week (and it is also annoyng that earlier bug reports were ignore...someone owes us an apology)
    Hoping for improvements...
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    adinosii said:

someone owes us an apology)

You can have my apology, I do prefer a cold wheat beer B)
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    @nitocris83 by the way, if the game crashes in an instantiated zone mission where you are downscaled, when you reconnect to the game, all monsters that were "invoked" in the map are at their original level so they are unkillable.

PS: could you just remove the exponential damage debuff against players based on the level difference with the mob? If I do have enough stats and equipment, why should I not be able to kill those higher level mobs?
  • kalimoucho44kalimoucho44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    adinosii said:

we have been wwaiting 6 weeks for a fix...we can wait a bit longer. It is just really annoying right now, as it blocks people from doing one of the 3 challenge cmpaign quests this week (and it is also annoyng that earlier bug reports were ignore...someone owes us an apology)

Agree for the time to fix this bug.

about the challenge campaing, suppose you are talking about Maze Engine ? If yes, the solution is to talk to Bruenor and select replay the quests of the campaign.

Sword coast defender don't valid the challenge campaign, but Baphomet yes.
    Tr BlackbombA
    French guild : L'Ordre Du Dragon Noir

Thank you!

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter

Thank you! At least for the update. Felt crazy not knowing.

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
  • teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    was able to get my TR level 80 where i still could not finish this quest from the maze engine where i wish they would fix the scaling and fix the bug to this annoying quest cause i know there a lot of things i don't like about this game where i hope they can resolve it for how i just want to play my Ranger and CW
  • lordwinoslordwinos Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    you think that is bad try this : LV 80 tr gear score 16900 goes to the lowest level leveling dungeon dies 4 times ( master of the hunt)
    goes to the next level leveling dungeon dies 12 times (the bank heist)
    so started a new character (archer) now level 11 and dying every 5 to 10 minutes trying to gather orbs and get to the point of running the clocktower if this is the way neverwinter is going I don't think we we get many new players as even a level 11 character with the best equipment that you can buy at that level from the auction house still "CAN'T KICK EVILS BUTT"
    and "DIES TIME AFTER TIME" (note) injury kits cost money ---- NO FUN ANYMORE
  • malekith#8724 malekith Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Impossible to solo this BUT you can group up and finish this with OP/ DC/ 2 DPS provided that atleast 1 person in party has the Trex mount power available for use. The Rex can help you kill the higher level mobs.
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    Just be aware that some of the major issues with Elemental Evil Mod 6 took two further modules to fix.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............

Impossible to solo this BUT you can group up and finish this with OP/ DC/ 2 DPS provided that atleast 1 person in party has the Trex mount power available for use. The Rex can help you kill the higher level mobs.

Tries a 3 man party and no luck. Can't solo and would need 5+ party I would guess and it would take hours. Can't they see this should be a priority? Blocking lots of people on a crucial quest line. Do you know how hard it is to find anyone else who wants to party this? NULL. Getting tedious doing old Acquisition and moving ice quests when EXP is down 50%, avg 5900. Took me a days to level to 79 and I play all day, very slow. Are there any replays in the underdark?

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
  • h3llbentwisph3llbentwisp Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    If you have only the Expeditions to x3 a day and the weekly from the seerer, there really is no other content to do. Not only is this area bugged, but countless other areas as well that takes away from the fun of the game. Tiamat, LoLM, Throne, Bank Heist, those are just four of the instances I have personally seen the muff ups in. Not to mention some of the chest that takes keys from campaign not accepting the right key for it. (Chest at the end of Master of the Hunt takes mystic or legendary dragon keys not the bramble and you receive dragon rewards from it.

• bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    There had better be an ETA real soon on some of these fixes. No one is gonna be paying for VIP or Wards for a month(or more) if these problems are gonna take longer than that to iron out. Does not matter how good the sales on zen are, if the game is not fun to play because of bugs and improper adjustments. Better to not give cryptic money, play a different game for awhile and circle back later to see if the job is done. Saves money and frustration, not to mention gives a chance for other games to take up the slack.
  • eversummer#1666 eversummer Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Copying my post here, regarding similar issues (playing with lvl 80 toons) :

In Bryn Shander, some Barbarian groups lvl 79 and 80. I've also seen 2 lvl 80 bears on the "Greedy Merchants" minor heroic encounter (they not always appear).

https://prnt.sc/nil2e3
    https://prnt.sc/nil4j5
    https://prnt.sc/nil4xp

In Pirates Skyhold - Cultist Attack (Maze Engine - Defending The Swordcoast), all Skirmishers of the area are lvl 81. Air Archons are lvl 81 too.
    https://prnt.sc/nilm2l
    https://prnt.sc/nilqac

In Fiery Pit - Cultist Assault (Maze Engine - Chapter 2), the first group of Elementals is lvl 81.
    https://prnt.sc/ninitk

In Chandler Farm (Chapter 1: Attack at Dusk - Dwarven King Quest Arc), all drows (except the group top left of map) are level 80.
    https://prnt.sc/njd4ml

On the Stronghold Map, all Thayans groups are elite mobs, same for Foreigner Mercenaries on Lake Supplies Woes minor heroic encounter. Beasts, Spiders and Devils are ok.

Regular mobs : https://prnt.sc/nimmm1
    Docks Supplies Woes : https://prnt.sc/nimryw
    Lake Supplies Woes : https://prnt.sc/nimpz7
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User

There had better be an ETA real soon on some of these fixes. No one is gonna be paying for VIP or Wards for a month(or more) if these problems are gonna take longer than that to iron out. Does not matter how good the sales on zen are, if the game is not fun to play because of bugs and improper adjustments. Better to not give cryptic money, play a different game for awhile and circle back later to see if the job is done. Saves money and frustration, not to mention gives a chance for other games to take up the slack.

You know, I've been seeing these kinds of posts since Mod 6 - and players are still giving money whilst bluffing to quit.
    Bluffing? Well if the amount of people who threatened to stop paying/playing actually did, then the game would either get fixed or close.

But it's never going to happen while people continue to hand over continuous payments for a game with more bugs than Starship Troopers.

You get what you deserve. Too harsh? Well if you are prepared to financially support this bug riddled game then it's exactly what you'll get.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............