test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Dungeon Scaling

Comments

• nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    We did Alliance CODGs today.

Four attempts and best we could manage only to get boss down to 35%.

There seem to be much more aoes attacks, it was constant and back to back.

Not sure if the scaling is correct but a lot of time players are getting one shot or close to it.

[Combat (Self)] Atropal deals 301860 Hit Points to you with Massive Damage.
    [Combat (Self)] Acererak deals 274395 (527006) Unavoidable Damage to you with Eldritch Blast.

*Also Pull/Push mechanics is not respecting Block mechanics of tank like it did last module.
    *The stuns from mobs was also very annoying, with no “cleanse” from healers, it is instant death if you are stuns/hand grab and there are aoes.
  • mimicking#6533 mimicking Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 83 Cryptic Developer

after this morning patch Castle Never is unplayable. The 1st portal phase the damage seems reasonable now, but 1 of the enemies is missing from each portal or the system isn't filling the meter correctly because they only get to 80% and then nothing happens. my entire team used the ingame help kill me function and tried to re-enter them and still nothing...so we abandoned the dungeon.

For the expedition to Wyllowood my paladin was level 75, and i invited a few level 80 players to help. we were scaled to level 74 which made it a bit difficult, but not unbeatable, but at one point before the boss a random gigantic UNDEAD BONE GOLEM with a boss hp meter spawned in the expedition and my entire group was hitting it for 1-30 dmg......it was one shotting me and another tank with full shield while blocking. after 25-35 mins and at least 50 deaths each...we defeated it, mostly due to the master boon furious retribution or w/e the name is (it mirrors all dmg to the attacker for 15 seconds). the actual 3 bosses were not to0 hard though.

This did not happen when i soloed it on my cleric.

Can you tell me, was the Undead bone golem a wandering monster, or in an arena (end section) of the expedition? This sounds more like a team scaling issue than level scaling- and I've got it on the list. Thanks
    M.K.

Oh, Soloing, did you encounter the Bone Golem as well?

Go ahead, click on the chest...
  • driesy1driesy1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    god damn listen to what raven has posted.
    everything wrong is what he has said
    agro doesn't work as it should tanks don't have enough skills to pull agro the tab use to assist to pull single targets from dps now we have a massive cooldown on enforced threat.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    @mimicking#6533 in 3 Rune Expeditions there are "wandering" bosses, the bug @iamsmokingone#2455 one reports sounds like one of these 'wandering" bosses from a 3 Rune Expedition appeared. At level 80 with a party of 4 or 5, they are not a problem, but in the described situation they would be.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
    @asterdahl @mimicking#6533

So I have a fresh level 70 (1 green artifact from Blackdagger Crypt, 2 rank 7 bondings, a rank 7 arcane runestone, enough pets to fill all the slots and about 400 iL in mount bonuses (Equip Power and Insignia), no Boons, no Guild).

This character in the gear that Neverwinter gives you at the start of the Undermountain campaign is 11.5k

But the lowest scaled dungeons are 2k iL below this!

This is pretty much the problem with scaling. Everything is 2k too low for the content as it exists in Mod 16. (Specific bugs aside.)

Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

So I have a fresh level 70 (1 green artifact from Blackdagger Crypt, 2 rank 7 bondings, a rank 7 arcane runestone, enough pets to fill all the slots and about 400 iL in mount bonuses (Equip Power and Insignia), no Boons, no Guild).

This character in the gear that Neverwinter gives you at the start of the Undermountain campaign is 11.5k

This is pretty much the problem with scaling. Everything is 2k too low for the content as it exists in Mod 16. (Specific bugs aside.)

That gear is same IL we got for Ravenloft. Didn't get you into the dungeons with Ravenloft either. I think its only intended for you to begin undermountain if you aren't already geared up.

• ojangurenlealojangurenleal Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    OK, seriously, even the lower level Dungeon is undo-able. How are we supposed to do Randoms to get our AD? Two tries on Tiamat at Intermediate and one try at the lower one. Everyone just dropped Instance. Is this going to be fixed? Soon???
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    -redacted-
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    30 minutes in to Malabog's Castle, was just past the 1st boss, and kept getting one shot by the fomorian warlords. Whole group (experienced) went down. I am not interested in spending 90 minutes to run a 30 minute dungeon. Nor am I going to waste 50 scrolls. This is mod 6 all over again. Are you sure the scaling is proper? Are the monsters scaled at level 70 to 14000 or 28000 now that it's 1:1000? I feel underpowered. At level 80 I have no issues. The monsters seem to follow a much different scaling system.
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
    empalas said:

That gear is same IL we got for Ravenloft. Didn't get you into the dungeons with Ravenloft either. I think its only intended for you to begin undermountain if you aren't already geared up.

That would kind of be the point...

Setting dungeons 2k I’ll below gear that wasn’t adequate to get into dungeons in 6-15 is bad.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User

TONG: Souls clearly have too much HP in Ras Nsi fight
    KR: was fine
    ecc: was fine
    etos: was fine
    ndemo: was fine
    egwd: was fine
    MC: i find the formorian giants hitting harder than the bosses themselves. The dragon himself at the end hit me for like 25k only. But those formorian dudes, omg?

MSP: Kabal bugged, he's still immune after we break the ball on him.
    FBI: quite enjoyable
    CR: never passed the sisters, either the tank was one shot for billions or the red cristal has too much HP anyway just like souls in tong
    throne: unplayable

• cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User

Bank heist pretty much needs a tank and heal every lane, so the normal queue allocation doesn't really work at all in there.

I feel like they just need to lower the damage of the mobs in there and it would be better. There are some attacks that do too much damage to players who may or may not have tanking stats to take the hits you get in there. Lowering the damage or capping the damage the mobs can do to players would be the way to go for many coin. When you have 5 dps class characters in there you have the damage to kill everything fine but die over time due to not being able to tank 3 seperate sets of mobs. With 3 tanks you can tank the lanes but can't kill anything fast enough before the tanks temp hp will run out and the tank dies anyway. With 3 healers and 2 dps the dungeon goes better but your shooting at best for bronze because you don't do enough damage to kill all lanes fast enough. If you have 1 person stop playing in any of the skirmishes you more than likely just failed the content. If you just have all 5 players kill in a group setting you kill the lane fast enough to keep them off the bank vault in that lane but the other lanes just kill the vault or make you get bronze. The best I have done in there with all level 80 20k to 22k higher skill level players is silver. By putting normal players in there most of whom haven't setup their stats to be favorable for themselves means you have a lot of players running content without defensive stats needed to take some hits as well as mobs that are setup to punish non tanks for taking hits. This just leads to a bad time especially when you have minimum item level players doing some of this content.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    vordayn said:

You should be able to cleanse stun, otherwise Withers at the Tomb of the Nine Gods becomes impossible as the red AoEs one-shot while you are stunned every second because the Tank cannot block while stunned, the Healer cannot heal when stunned, and the DPS cannot dodge/move when stunned.

It is stupid.

Not just in ToNG Ras Nisi Fight, but all healers needs some type of cleansing of ALL bad effects on some ability. This makes CoDG very hard as well since the stun locking of characters in the elevator fight causes a lot of deaths. This is actually a problem since players now hit their cap of getting brought back to life and get places outside of the event due to this.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • grimzsabergrimzsaber Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    not sure if this is a bug, but definitely needs to be looked at. way too may mobs are knocking me down! when i que as a tank i spend 90% of the time on my HAMSTER because every 2nd mob has a knockdown, and he takes FOREVER to get back up.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    vordayn said:

You should be able to cleanse stun, otherwise Withers at the Tomb of the Nine Gods becomes impossible as the red AoEs one-shot while you are stunned every second because the Tank cannot block while stunned, the Healer cannot heal when stunned, and the DPS cannot dodge/move when stunned.

It is stupid.

I do agree there is an all-over need for reviewing control effect usage now hat we cannot use cleanse/aa to stop the control effects.

However, specifically for Withers:
    Maybe it is time to start playing him by the script and not just brute-force him?
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

after this morning patch Castle Never is unplayable. The 1st portal phase the damage seems reasonable now, but 1 of the enemies is missing from each portal or the system isn't filling the meter correctly because they only get to 80% and then nothing happens. my entire team used the ingame help kill me function and tried to re-enter them and still nothing...so we abandoned the dungeon.

For the expedition to Wyllowood my paladin was level 75, and i invited a few level 80 players to help. we were scaled to level 74 which made it a bit difficult, but not unbeatable, but at one point before the boss a random gigantic UNDEAD BONE GOLEM with a boss hp meter spawned in the expedition and my entire group was hitting it for 1-30 dmg......it was one shotting me and another tank with full shield while blocking. after 25-35 mins and at least 50 deaths each...we defeated it, mostly due to the master boon furious retribution or w/e the name is (it mirrors all dmg to the attacker for 15 seconds). the actual 3 bosses were not to0 hard though.

This did not happen when i soloed it on my cleric.

Can you tell me, was the Undead bone golem a wandering monster, or in an arena (end section) of the expedition? This sounds more like a team scaling issue than level scaling- and I've got it on the list. Thanks
    M.K.

Oh, Soloing, did you encounter the Bone Golem as well?

yesterday we were killing normal groups of mobs and one giant ogre boss hp spawned middle of the fight, same happened on other run it spawned bone golem, 4 player team and second run 5 player group, we were running 3 crystals runes, the normal thing was spawning red spirits. also mid fight it displayed scale down messages for a short period of time
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Castle Never
    Scaling greatly improved. Thanks.
    Portals still bugged as others have said.

ToNG
    Wither's... consider reducing the frequency of the Bigsby's and other traps.
    Even when strictly following the mechanics (turn off the traps) the new class powers prevent us from withstanding all that CC.
    Tank spends half the fight stunned, cannot protect the party at all.
    Ran it 3 times with >20k experienced teams, only got past withers once.
    It wasn't challenging. It was frustrating and not fun.

Etos
    Better scaling. Thanks.

JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • davidmokidavidmoki Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    In this vid it was proven that our stats are lower than it needs to be, that includes crit chance, my build is all about crit damage, could you guys make sure we always have 50% crit chance even with downscale? Because otherwise it's just sad "/
  • zyronaxzyronax Member Posts: 153 Arc User

Bank heist pretty much needs a tank and heal every lane, so the normal queue allocation doesn't really work at all in there.

I feel like they just need to lower the damage of the mobs in there and it would be better. There are some attacks that do too much damage to players who may or may not have tanking stats to take the hits you get in there. Lowering the damage or capping the damage the mobs can do to players would be the way to go for many coin. When you have 5 dps class characters in there you have the damage to kill everything fine but die over time due to not being able to tank 3 seperate sets of mobs. With 3 tanks you can tank the lanes but can't kill anything fast enough before the tanks temp hp will run out and the tank dies anyway. With 3 healers and 2 dps the dungeon goes better but your shooting at best for bronze because you don't do enough damage to kill all lanes fast enough. If you have 1 person stop playing in any of the skirmishes you more than likely just failed the content. If you just have all 5 players kill in a group setting you kill the lane fast enough to keep them off the bank vault in that lane but the other lanes just kill the vault or make you get bronze. The best I have done in there with all level 80 20k to 22k higher skill level players is silver. By putting normal players in there most of whom haven't setup their stats to be favorable for themselves means you have a lot of players running content without defensive stats needed to take some hits as well as mobs that are setup to punish non tanks for taking hits. This just leads to a bad time especially when you have minimum item level players doing some of this content.
    And that right there is a perfect summation of just how borked the so-called 'new and improved' Neverwinter 2.0 is. The older combat system worked; it really worked! It was fast, effective, and fun - everything the new combat system isn't. Fast-paced action combat was the one indisputable ace-in-the-hole Neverwinter had, and now Cryptic has gone and ruined that too for "balancing" purposes which they haven't managed to achieve either. It's a total loss.

They've failed miserably, and in the process have managed to destroy the good that still existed in an already old game. Incredible but for all the wrong reasons.
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User

not sure if this is a bug, but definitely needs to be looked at. way too may mobs are knocking me down! when i que as a tank i spend 90% of the time on my HAMSTER because every 2nd mob has a knockdown, and he takes FOREVER to get back up.

it has always been like that, developers instead of making CC resistance work or lowering ammout/duration of CC and making it delayed. gave DC CC immunity daily. now that its gone enjoy being perma CC in some fights.
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    SouIs at vaIindra boss, during her necrotic Iasers phase are fast and furious, they are moving too quick; vaIindra's hp is aIso a bit excessive
  • sorengrabow2sorengrabow2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    In a sick and twisted way I want Tiamat to stay unchanged. Tiamat in mod 15 was a joke, 20 out of the 25 ppl had no clue what so ever the mechanic in that Epic Trial were. Now for players in mod 16 to go in, still with no clue how to do the trial, and expect to make it through is quite ambitious. Imagine if someone made a 25 man party, split it up so that everyone knew the mechanic. Tanks would learn how to bounce aggro, dps and healers would not carelessly stand in 3 red zones and expect to take 0 damage. Just maybe would Tiamat be doable.

If Tiamat stays unchanged and the response from the developers are 'this is how the trial is meant to be player'. Players would know how HAMSTER they actually are, no more can you run as a one-man-army and expect to complete an Epic Trial of such difficulty. It would be a wake up call to the entire Neverwinter community, that in the past 1 and a half year. We have not been playing Neverwinter, but rather Steamroll-Dungeon-Runners, perhaps it's time to play Neverwinter again? Play as a team, communicate with the team, learn the mechanics?
    Thoughts? Opinions?