test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 16 tips to save your game play

demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
edited April 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
Always play with friends!
Create a channel called mod 16 to play with strangers!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
Post edited by demonmonger on

Comments

• majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Only have two of the teneberous, switching between vorpal and Holy avenger, Radiants in both offensive and defensive slots except for one savage enchant on a ring. Darks in most of my utility slots. Dont have any of the comps except for the deva. Using an augment. Being a healer pally helps with the heals. I'm managing Mod 16 alright so far. :/
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    > @majorcharvenak said:
    > Only have two of the teneberous, switching between vorpal and Holy avenger, Radiants in both offensive and defensive slots except for one savage enchant on a ring. Darks in most of my utility slots. Dont have any of the comps except for the deva. Using an augment. Being a healer pally helps with the heals. I'm managing Mod 16 alright so far. :/

With your self heals you are more than ok in mod 16.
    Post edited by demonmonger on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Great! Those are next on my list to upgrade. :)
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
    No problem. Glad to help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    Ahhh, it's going to take me more than 24 hours to get all that stuff... I'm doomed. :p
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    Hmm, does anybody know how long that exchange dealer is going to stay for? Going away without (gaming) internet access shortly and won't be able to do anything for about a week. Gonna take me longer than 24 hours too ... Also dooomed :)
    With the Armour, is Barkshield not good anymore? I'd have thought with the emphasis on upping your HP, a barkshield armor enchant would be perfect.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    edited April 2019

Hello everyone,

This is for people suffering due to mod 16 changes. Do the following regardless of class and you will be more than ok in mod 16.

Post your results here.

This build works with all classes... all paragons... enjoy

This post will self destruct in 24 hours

Assuming the above recommendations are accurate - what does this say about the state of the game, that the exact same options will make any class/paragon path work effectively?

Hello everyone,

This is for people suffering due to mod 16 changes. Do the following regardless of class and you will be more than ok in mod 16.

Post your results here.

Assuming the above recommendations are accurate - what does this say about the state of the game, that the exact same options will make any class/paragon path work effectively?
    Gimme a break. These are just suggestions. And does not include the other 16 companions you can get on your companion roster for a start. And if you look at the 2nd post somebody else is already using a variant. Just like I will. This was a simple, HELPFUL post. Not the 10 commandments cut in stone.

And as the recommendation of EVERY defensive slot in pre mod 16 was radiant - for the HP bonus, for the OP AoC, don't start implying that the previous state of the game was somehow better .....
  • lucadamingolucadamingo Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Yes but I don't care about just surviving,I won't bother doing something for 10 minutes that used to take me two.

Yes but I don't care about just surviving,I won't bother doing something for 10 minutes that used to take me two.

Huh? whats that got do do with what you were talking about before? Did I miss something?
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    @demonmonger is Redemption bug? a friend posted some details math on his combat log:

Your Redemption gives 61 (58) Hit Points to you...(327,575 hp X .04[4%]) / 15[seconds] is 873.5..not 58..it would seem they are double dividing by 15.. 873.5 / 15 = 58.23 So essentially it is .27% of max hp over 15 seconds instead of 4%.

Not sure if you are aware or tested it.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    havlocke said:

Hello everyone,

Post your results here.

Gimme a break. These are just suggestions. And does not include the other 16 companions you can get on your companion roster for a start. And if you look at the 2nd post somebody else is already using a variant. Just like I will. This was a simple, HELPFUL post. Not the 10 commandments cut in stone.

And as the recommendation of EVERY defensive slot in pre mod 16 was radiant - for the HP bonus, for the OP AoC, don't start implying that the previous state of the game was somehow better .....
    My point was that the very fact that a base template like the one OP suggests (from which variations can be built) could feasibly apply to ALL classes is an indicator of how much the game has changed with Mod 16. It supports the argument that many of the supposed 'choices' players were supposed to have with Mod 16 in are moot, or irrelevant.

havlocke said:

Hello everyone,

Post your results here.

My point was that the very fact that a base template like the one OP suggests (from which variations can be built) could feasibly apply to ALL classes is an indicator of how much the game has changed with Mod 16. It supports the argument that many of the supposed 'choices' players were supposed to have with Mod 16 in are moot, or irrelevant.
    And my counterpoint to that was that this was even worse pre Mod 16. For example. There was only one pet. The Chultan Tiger. One of the most common sights seen was 10 people in a raid and more than half of them with the exact same Tiger. We DO have more choices in Mod 16. But because gamers are gamers, we will always gravitate to what we think is best. The OP has given us a good baseline. Having a baseline does not invalidate choice or limit it.

BTW, using what the OP has suggested, we have 5 different choices of Weapon Ench. As opposed to 1 - Feytouched. Which was only changed to Prom because it came out later. And even then, the 2nd poster here has already pointed out he's using a different Weap Ench. I'm using a different weapon Ench. I'm still using Holy Avenger for instance.
    The enchants are listed in order of how many dots they add... because that also has a chance to proc your tenes...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    And if something turns out to be overpowered it likely will receive a nerf. So some caution is advised.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    my initial log checks on Tenebrous are showing a chance to proc only on the primary target of a skill. It does not appear (for me) to be proccing on dread, conduit of ice, smolder, or any other secondary damage sources. Also, some skills appear to not proc it... like scorching burst at-will. I think its still a valuable enchantment if you are capped in all the essential stats already. It will give at least as much bang for the buck as adding power, but users should test it and see what its proccing on for them.