test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No more initial roll of Ability Scores ?

When you create a new character... now you have to accept a default arrangement of the Ability Scores..
And if you want to spend a Re-roll Race Token... just to riarrange your initial Ability Scores... now YOU CAN NOT !!
That's the way, if you want or not...
For your pleasure...
P.S. Hoping this is just a bug... I'd love to
Laksmi ---> splendid DC
Purple Knight ---> scoundrel TR
Surya Namaskar ---> strong GWF
Golia ---> fair GF
Nausicaa ---> dark SW
Pallyda ---> growing up OP

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    It is not a bug.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • vendoodvendood Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Currently as I understand, each class has a fixed set of ability scores that you cannot change. Then (if creating a new character) you get to assign your Racial bonuses - at least, any that are not pre-defined.

After that the only changes you can make are the levelling up ability scores at level 20, 30 etc.

As I mentioned in another thread, maxing out ability scores currently only change some base stats by 3-4% anyway (one half of one percent or less, per point), so they aren't really a big enough factor to worry about. Just stick everything into whatever two scores you like the most (or 3 in a few cases) and enjoy the 3% extra whatever you get from it.
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    In Russia, game plays YOU! LOL
  • aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    Welcome to the new NWO. Where there is no customization, the one thing that had been a staple of all D&D games since Gygax first came up with the idea is gone, and its now Baby's First MMO, just like every other one out there.