test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scaling in Random Queues is not in a "Good Place"

hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
I just did two random queues for the first time since this mod hit.

1. Random Leveling Queue ( Master of the Hunt )
As a level 80 barbarian, I was taking way too much damage, even from regular mobs. I spent much of the time jumping between 20% and 80% health. Considering leveling queues are not guaranteed a healer in the group, the scaling needs to be relaxed, a lot.

2. Random Intermediate Queue (Prophecy of Madness)
Round 1 went ok, with little damage taken, but our DPS levels were abysmal. Nothing short of a pre-made group will ever get above bronze level. We weren't even close to getting silver.

Round 2, I started taking quite a bit of damage. Our OP died once. Again, another bronze.

Round 3 was awful. Most of us died at least once. At least it gives you the option of reentering after death. Final score - bronze.

I haven't tried an advanced queue, and probably won't ever again. You've bunched dungeons such as CR and Cradle with lesser difficulty dungeons. It NEEDS to be split back out into an expert queue again.

Comments

• asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    I did one RIQ. ToDK. It took ages. My teammates died like flies. Final score silver. I did 5-15x the dmg of my teammates and took away two things.

1. No RQs anymore.
    2. IMO qesting drags on forever. I feel sorry for the guys with 1/10 of my dps and wonder, if they really spent 20 or 30 rotations, to kill one group of mobs (as it is, it takes me, depending on the mobs strength, 2-3 rotations).
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • delta2119delta2119 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Where is "scaling in a good place"? It's either too easy or way too hard (as in you have to run away or quit), very few mobs are a fun challenge. Current implementation of scaling is so broken at moment, even if in theory is a good idea (to make it bit challenging BUT doable), that would be better to just remove it entirely and start over, just doing good job this time: one map or instance at a time, test everything -- or just don't even bother, because this certainly will lead to losing many players.

I will wait and look around a bit, but if things stay as they are, will just have a laugh, wish good luck and move on to something fun.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    This mod and game at it´s current state is a complete waste of time!
    I did RLQ , RLQ took 20min +, I mean 3 times then before.
    There was no point going on in REQ, teammates where dead on first mob wave in ToDG. Healer got that much aggro, he could not stand those 30 mobs hunting him, that took ages to kill at the current scaling-level desaster. Group wiped in short, me wearing endgame gear.
    If it was not so sad, I could laugh an hour or two about this poor and redicules job they did there. I never experienced anything like that, new palyer will leave in few days aknowledging that there is no chance to even do smallest dungeonruns. Veterans will leave in short, recognizing they get downscaled to zero and rewarded with poor loot on top after spending 60min in one ToDG teamed up with 1-2 bots at IL 9k, popping my Wheel of element 20 times for any selfheal, simply lol, nothing more to say.
    Anyway targetting from hulks does not work either and gates stay closed.... soo bugged and broken, omfg
    BYBY NWO, same as byby to the devs who ignored all concerns and input from playerbase :s
    Actually this mod 16 overestimates the capablilties of >80% of the actual playerbase by a large margin, those palyer will not enjoy the game I bet.
    Whoever was responsible for that "scaling-job", go get someone else, who is capable to handle it. And hurry up, time is cash.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • blackurn1blackurn1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    Just attempted Tiamat in a random queue (Intermediate) - we never got the clerics up past 50% so we never got to try Tiamat. The Legion demons and Erineyes were one-shoting people all over the place. People gave up and waited out the timer or quit.

This wasn't well thought out, or at least the math was poorly executed. I'll try the game again in a couple weeks, after the Devs have had a chance to revisit this Mod and make some changes.
  • But someone of game master, admin etc read this posts? After the last update "Undermountains" there are a lot of problems. 1) Dungeons and similar are becamed impossible to finish. Some dungeon have monster to not accuse any damage and so you can't win in other they accuse damage but in 5 ater 145 minutes you take to thye enemy only 25 or 50% of damage and you leave cause you can't finish. You need to use too much health rock or potion and healer companion do nothing during fight, it make recover only when you are not fighting. The game is BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING.BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING.BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING.BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING.BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING.BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING.BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING.BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING.BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING.BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING.BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING.BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING.BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING.BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING.BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING.
  • wes#6196 wes Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Just did Malabogs castle for the first time since the second patch. It's very unplayable as of now, the party got to the second boss and everyone kept getting killed. It got to the point everyone just bailed on the dungeon. Very bad scaling job fellas.
  • cohnnorcohnnor Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    scaling was good in theory, horribly implemented. I have not been able to complete a RAQ since mod 16. I get Temple of Tiamat 99% of the time. It is unbeatable in its current state. Normal mobs killing any player with one hit is broken. Please PWE, do something. The game is becoming unplayable.
  • aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    cohnnor said:

scaling was good in theory, horribly implemented. I have not been able to complete a RAQ since mod 16. I get Temple of Tiamat 99% of the time. It is unbeatable in its current state. Normal mobs killing any player with one hit is broken. Please PWE, do something. The game is becoming unplayable.

The irony is, they claimed these changes to the game were "necessary" since "oh, you're either at full health or you're dead." Module 16 was implemented on the grounds they wanted to get away from all the one-shot boogaloo. And yet it still seems to be as prevalent as ever...only now you have no countermeasures such as reactive healing boons, lifesteal, and apparently healing companions aren't functioning properly.
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    From what I'm seeing, healing companions can maybe mitigate 5-10% of the damage you're taking - at best. The intent may have been to eliminate 1 hit deaths, but the end result is much more common death through a thousand cuts.
    Poorly thought out and even more poorly implemented.

• zyronaxzyronax Member Posts: 153 Arc User

From what I'm seeing, healing companions can maybe mitigate 5-10% of the damage you're taking - at best. The intent may have been to eliminate 1 hit deaths, but the end result is much more common death through a thousand cuts.
    Poorly thought out and even more poorly implemented.

Seems like business-as-usual at Cryptic HQ, then. You could hardly make this stuff up. :/
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Drowned Shore -Attack on Blackdagger Keep a Level 62 Quest

My character is a level 70 Fighter (says scaled to 64) equipped with Undermountain gear, my IL-11,264) with the level 8 Enchantments issued with that gear…

I used an Invocation Blessing and tried five times to kill the last boss before successfully doing so...

I died each time because after attacking the boss hordes of mobs pop so quickly my character can't move in any direction and can't fight my way out of being surrounded so because of getting surrounded and or stunned or sometimes both, mobs are surrounding my character so closely he can’t move he can't fight my way out because the mobs pop so quickly. Even if I happen to kill one-two or three members of a mob, I still can't move because another mob of four or five baddies pops in to close up the circle.

Maybe scaling isn't actually the problem, maybe it's whoever decided to program four or five mobs to popping within seconds of each other so one player is confronting a dozen or more opponents.
    DD~
  • zyronaxzyronax Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    dionchi said:

Drowned Shore -Attack on Blackdagger Keep a Level 62 Quest

My character is a level 70 Fighter (says scaled to 64) equipped with Undermountain gear, my IL-11,264) with the level 8 Enchantments issued with that gear…

I used an Invocation Blessing and tried five times to kill the last boss before successfully doing so...

I died each time because after attacking the boss hordes of mobs pop so quickly my character can't move in any direction and can't fight my way out of being surrounded so because of getting surrounded and or stunned or sometimes both, mobs are surrounding my character so closely he can’t move he can't fight my way out because the mobs pop so quickly. Even if I happen to kill one-two or three members of a mob, I still can't move because another mob of four or five baddies pops in to close up the circle.

Maybe scaling isn't actually the problem, maybe it's whoever decided to program four or five mobs to popping within seconds of each other so one player is confronting a dozen or more opponents.

"WAI" :p;)
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    Made another thread on this because I don't think they get it. They really messed up with this scaling system. I think it was their attempts to control how much ad people get but yeah this isn't going to cut it. Cyptic made to many changes nerfed so many things. This scaling is the worst thing they have done and I hope they undo the mistake of this.
  • raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Throne, POM, MOHunt, Folly okayish, FBI love it, MSP bugged, TONG and Bank bad scaling.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Please leave your feedback regarding scaling in this thread. Making multiple threads on a subject where there is already a live thread is considered spamming. Thank you.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.