test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

adx why did we get cap raised?

13»

Comments

• kopros666kopros666 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Some simple solutions to save economy:
    -Move coals and p. wards from the zen store to the wondrous bazaar --> huge ad sink for anyone, just like it is now with high ranks of mark of potency.
    -Introduce new exotic zen items, like a new race (jeez, people have been asking this for centuries!), legendary mounts, new vip benefits (for example 1 extra daily master expedition etc).
    -All companions in the zen store should have epic quality and become bta on purchase.
  • littledanger#4115 littledanger Member Posts: 71 Arc User

@noworries#8859 is correct that XBox was heading to near the cap max. It has taken XBox longer than PS4 or PC to reach the max ZAX exchange but it was going to happen.

The CAP raise is great for Cryptic as the increase in AD for Zen encourages players to buy Zen and sell it for AD. However, there are speculators within this game that have been hoarding zen for this very day to sell for AD.

The bigger issues is that these same speculators have gained their Zen by using the formula of trading AD for Zen, buy items from the Zen Market Place on sales, sell item on AH for a 20+% profit, convert AD back zen and rinse and repeat.

I personally know a player that in less than a year made an average of 20M AD each month using this method on PS4. He was small compared to others he talked on the method he used to generate his in game wealth.

Now this is the kicker. He sell about half of the additional AD of what he generates each month from flipping for real world cash and uses the other half to help with mastercrafting. He sells a majority of his MC items for real world cash.

I proposed more than once to make any zen item purchased bound to account. This would remove the flipping that occurs. It would lower the ZAX as less player would be buying zen to flip for AD gains.

As for where you are at, yeah welcome to the new norm.

Stop, go back to your own platform.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    If anyone else is going to use the logic "Well, the ADX on X Box would have eventually hit 500... so it's been pre-emptively raised to 750, so that it doesn't cap out"...

(Essentially allowing people to game the system and raise the price by about 100 AD....)

...I would like to invite them to go slam their head in a car door... based on the pre-emptive notion that sooner or later they might trap their hand in one. So best it out of the way now. And make it worse...
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    jobu808 said:

So when you edit a post does it just disappear? Now my post from today disappeared! Or am I being moderated for speaking facts?

Apologies, spam queue had ate it. It's been restored, and your account has been verified so it shouldn't continue to happen to you.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited April 2019

If anyone else is going to use the logic "Well, the ADX on X Box would have eventually hit 500... so it's been pre-emptively raised to 750, so that it doesn't cap out"...

(Essentially allowing people to game the system and raise the price by about 100 AD....)

...I would like to invite them to go slam their head in a car door... based on the pre-emptive notion that sooner or later they might trap their hand in one. So best it out of the way now. And make it worse...

Why is it people always assume the worst? That the only reason the zax has gone up is because it is being manipulated? Mod 16 will be at xbox in 6 weeks. There is always a higher zen demand around new mods. Seems to me the most likely reason zax has gone up is because people see the cap lifted and they are thinking they should get their zen now while it is below 500 rather than later when it will surely be over 500 when mod 16 lands.
    70 pts from 500 is about 85% of the max. Lifting the cap is hard to do, so devs might as well do it here also. For one thing, having different cap across the platforms would be more risky. People may start choosing the platform they play on based on the cap. Paying customers gravitating more towards PS4/PC to get more AD for their money and FTP customers towards xbox to get more zen for their efforts. Then xbox would end up having the huge backlog problem.

Why is it people always assume the worst? That the only reason the zax has gone up is because it is being manipulated? Mod 16 will be at xbox in 6 weeks. There is always a higher zen demand around new mods. Seems to me the most likely reason zax has gone up is because people see the cap lifted and they are thinking they should get their zen now while it is below 500 rather than later when it will surely be over 500 when mod 16 lands.
    First, I'm not assuming it's the "only" reason.
    Second, if you don't understand that the method of gaming the system that has caused the price to rise relies on people doing exactly what you said, then you need to go away and think a bit more about it.

The people doing the gaming simply need to get the ball rolling, and the numpties take care of ripping themselves off, while others jump on the bandwagon and it escalates. And it's not only allowed, it's practically encouraged to take advantage of people who don't know better.

If people were rushing to buy Zen at 550 because they wanted to stock up before it went above 500, then they are HAMSTER idiots, and deserve no better than being utterly fleeced.

It's good to see that enough people are now showing common sense and restraint and the price has gone back down to around and below 500, but if the cap hadn't been introduced it would have stayed at around and below 450 for long after Mod 16 has come and gone.

Second, if you don't understand that the method of gaming the system that has caused the price to rise relies on people doing exactly what you said, then you need to go away and think a bit more about it.

The people doing the gaming simply need to get the ball rolling, and the numpties take care of ripping themselves off, while others jump on the bandwagon and it escalates. And it's not only allowed, it's practically encouraged to take advantage of people who don't know better.

If people were rushing to buy Zen at 550 because they wanted to stock up before it went above 500, then they are HAMSTER idiots, and deserve no better than being utterly fleeced.

It's good to see that enough people are now showing common sense and restraint and the price has gone back down to around and below 500, but if the cap hadn't been introduced it would have stayed at around and below 450 for long after Mod 16 has come and gone.
    Sure anything is possible. What I do know is when people tell others to go away, they can't handle what the other have to say.

Sure anything is possible. What I do know is when people tell others to go away, they can't handle what the other have to say.
    Yeah, that's right.
    You knocked me out with your well thought through logic...
    I couldn't handle all that smart, intelligent reasoning that people were buying above 500 to stock up in case it went above 500. Cos' now I think about it, yeah... you're right. It's brilliant... we should all do it. Next time ADX goes above 500 I'll stock up to beat that cap before it gets to 500...

You are of course perfectly correct... I just couldn't handle your smarts, I just thought, "Wow... the only way to defeat such insightful genius is to make it go away, before it blows my mind..."

Well done you.
    You're the smartest.
    bobo#5090 said:

Like I said in the other threads if no one buys zen with ad at over 500 we can keep it under control ourselves. It dropped back to about 498-500 for a bit yesterday morning, and again this morning. See how the day goes, but as long as it keeps dropping below 500, and it can stay there we should be ok.

Of course the devs won't reduce our cap if we stay below 500, or even get back down to sub 400 where it belongs...

Only a small percentage of players visit this forum. You are telling them to hold the line when a stampede is coming. Whatever you think the "right" exchange rate should be, forget it, If you do see it again, it will be well after mod 16 AND the anniversary event. It won't do you any good getting zen for 400 at that time. Don't be stubborn. At least hedge yourself by buying some on the dips.

Well done you.
    You're the smartest.

I never claimed to be the smartest. I try to be more realist and adapting than dogmatic. But you know what? This may be a good opportunity to prove my smartness. I will bookmark this page so I can come back to it every time the zax hits a new milestone!

Well done you.
    You're the smartest.

I never claimed to be the smartest. I try to be more realist and adapting than dogmatic. But you know what? This may be a good opportunity to prove my smartness. I will bookmark this page so I can come back to it every time the zax hits a new milestone!
    And people buying at 550 to stock up before the price rose above 500 is the epitome of realism?

You don't need to be smart to realise that with an increased cap, and people pushing the price up that.... drum roll... the price will go up and hit new "milestones" as you put it.

But if that's what you need to make you feel smarter, a slim grasp of the blatantly obvious, you go for it.