test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.110.20190411b.12

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for today's additional maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11148883

Comments

• lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    Whoops. That's some good patch note, tho. TY for fixing that before the weekend.
  • txfox99txfox99 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    ToNG going to be doable again!!!
    Elowen (CW) Teagan (DC) Aednat (GWF)

Guild Leader of The Sword Coast Knights

• jayfloyd1979jayfloyd1979 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Are you going to fix the issue with the number 2 daily power not working too?
  • browncoat1701dbrowncoat1701d Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Great that you are patching... but WOW !!! REALLY!!!! PRIME TIME on a FRIDAY NIGHT?!?!?!?! Have to wonder about the line of thinking there LOL ;)
  • champs1981champs1981 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Im seeing alot of Shard maint....three times in one week. I know tues was Mod16 dropping..but this bodes ill..
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    Oh my... I must admit, this is the first time since beta that we had so many fixes after a mod launch. Normally we would wait until weekly maintenance to get anything fixed. You guys are doing a good job!
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User

Im seeing alot of Shard maint....three times in one week. I know tues was Mod16 dropping..but this bodes ill..

I'd rather they fix it now than wait till next Thursday. I only wish there was a way they could 'hot patch' these issues while we kept playing.

• b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User

Great that you are patching... but WOW !!! REALLY!!!! PRIME TIME on a FRIDAY NIGHT?!?!?!?! Have to wonder about the line of thinking there LOL ;)

my thoughts exactly.. cause fixing two dungeons that no one is running because they're trying to get new stuff is an Emergency
  • dogtown#8293 dogtown Member Posts: 2 Arc User

I'd rather they fix it now than wait till next Thursday. I only wish there was a way they could 'hot patch' these issues while we kept playing.
    Definitely agree. I'm sure they don't want to be working on the weekend, but they want to get it done as soon as possible and I appreciate that.
  • narg#2991 narg Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    When does the running backwards/running sideways glitch get fixed?

My new fighter will start to run sideways and rotate to backwards, both of which slow travel time down with a gradual decrease in speed to backwards. It can happen on foot or on mounts (any one I have). Other than the #2 Daily not woing when used, this is probably the most annoying glitch
  • xfishboneabcdxfishboneabcd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    1.Please fix Kabal in master spell plague. After hitting him with the fireball he keeps staying immun to damage.
    2. Please fix Castle Ravenloft. 1. 1shots from the sister even if holding the shield up. 2. Killing these red shadows is undoable in time between the sisters. Group wipe.

The playerbase will thank you!!!
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User

Just keep swi.. aHEM.. patching Cryptic!! :)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • kinamara#3934 kinamara Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    aratech said:

Since it tried to eat my post, let me repost....and be very brutally honest and blunt.

Devs: Define "manageable." Fifty words or less if you can.

Definitely agree. I'm sure they don't want to be working on the weekend, but they want to get it done as soon as possible and I appreciate that.
    No. You should not appreciate that. You should not appreciate it any more than you should appreciate Sean Murray and Hello Games working hard to fix No Man's Sky after 2 years. No more than you should appreciate Bethesda Working night and day to allegedly try to fix Fallout 76. No more than you should appreciate Bioware manically working to try to un-fark the absolute hamster excrement trainwreck that is Anthem.

You should not reward or praise these individuals for releasing a broken, shoddy, alpha build, early access *mess*, using you as an unpaid beta tester, and the promising to fix the problems they themselves created. You should thank them when they take the time necessary to release a *functioning, premium product* that we would be proud to support and give money to. And if that meant, in this case, delaying the module a month, two months, balefire and brimstone, if it meant delaying it *another year* in order to get it right, then that is what should have been done.

Remember the lesson Shigeru Miyamoto taught us, what all Devs (and all the ones in charge of them) should have learned long ago: A delayed game (or module), will eventually be good. A rushed game is forever bad.

Neverwinter will forever be tainted by this. Just as it was forever tainted by Module 6, which saw a full 1/3rd of its player base depart and never come back. It won't necessarily kill the game...but people will not forget this...
    Completely agree. I have basically decided the most I will do until the new dungeon is in is the 3 daily master expeditions because hey I know those will work unlike wasting time trying to do the daily random queues because several dungeons are just unplayable. and all the praise for them patching daily and now twice today because they are "fixing" things is baffling.
    This is a live game not a steam early access game which is what it is starting to resemble and honestly I have played early access games that were in a far better state than this train wreck. And if they take long to put that promised dungeon in that the mod never should have gone live without to begin with pry just move on

They had a preview server where people volunteered to test for them and I kept on on much of the feed back and major issues that were brought up were flat out ignored or just replied to with nah we think it is working well.....Why did they even bother with the preview server if the negative feedback was going to be ignored? Honestly this game needs a notification when you log in now that says so you are a tester now because we did not feel like properly testing the new mod and just how our wonderful ideas were going to work, so that is your job. PS please buy the $200 under mountain pack in the yen store! we feel that is simply a fair price for you to test the game for us. but some of these people seem to think this is how a MMO is meant to be or something have a train wreck release for live players to test and then praise the company for all the patching every day after instead of ironing out at least 95% of the problems before sending it to live like a game company should. I mean look at it in another way you get a new used car and after an hour driving it it breaks down but the dealership is gonna fix it for you so you have it towed in and the work done but 24 hours later its out of commission again so back in to get it fixed another day and its busted again so get it fixed than that same day busted so get it fixed, are you going to be praising the dealership for all the hard work they are putting in to fix your car?
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    Tiamat and Manycoins are still ridiculous - need a fix asap.