test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Terrifying Insight is useless

odt#4182 odt Member Posts: 61 Arc User
edited November 2018 in The Temple
I would really appreciate the new horrible terrifying insight for DO to go back to a group buff, this version is useless and unwanted and we were promised also that it would only be nerfed to 10% group. It doesn't do anything, the best DO class feature is useless now and does nothing.. thanx.. no buff icon anyways and i tried it on a dummy same damage stats than without loaded.. please put it back to a group buff no one makes a cleric to be a dps class, that's just ignorant! This is really annoying to the point it makes me not enjoy my class anymore as i used to and feel inefficient in high level groups i am a group DO not solo dps and probably closer to a tank than a dps... clean up this mess you did to DO please. You have it all upside down DO are actually better healers than AC and AC are better dps buffs. Did the person who did this laim change even know what a DO is?
Post edited by odt#4182 on

Comments

• odt#4182 odt Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    just loged in after the first fix and it's written the proper text on it and adds up to 10% group ty :), i do not see the icon in the buff bar but the text does say when attacking, on a dummy i didn't see any icons or so but i will check it in dungeons if it works as desired. this is much appreciated to have the group buff back thanx
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    > @odt#4182 said:
    > I would really appreciate the new horrible terrifying insight for DO to go back to a group buff, this version is useless and unwanted and we were promised also that it would only be nerfed to 10% group. It doesn't do anything, the best DO class feature is useless now and does nothing.. thanx.. no buff icon anyways and i tried it on a dummy same damage stats than without loaded.. please put it back to a group buff no one makes a cleric to be a dps class, that's just ignorant! This is really annoying to the point it makes me not enjoy my class anymore as i used to and feel inefficient in high level groups i am a group DO not solo dps and probably closer to a tank than a dps... clean up this mess you did to DO please. You have it all upside down DO are actually better healers than AC and AC are better dps buffs. Did the person who did this laim change even know what a DO is?

Seems to be working now, though have not ACTed it.
    No Icon, but you apply it by damage, not passive.

I use aoe (DGlow, Chains) on mobpacks, then they seem to receive the debuff.

I agree that this DO nerf was terrible idea.
    DO was neither OP nor the cause of the 2DC meta. This doesn't correct either.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

> @odt#4182 said:

> I would really appreciate the new horrible terrifying insight for DO to go back to a group buff, this version is useless and unwanted and we were promised also that it would only be nerfed to 10% group. It doesn't do anything, the best DO class feature is useless now and does nothing.. thanx.. no buff icon anyways and i tried it on a dummy same damage stats than without loaded.. please put it back to a group buff no one makes a cleric to be a dps class, that's just ignorant! This is really annoying to the point it makes me not enjoy my class anymore as i used to and feel inefficient in high level groups i am a group DO not solo dps and probably closer to a tank than a dps... clean up this mess you did to DO please. You have it all upside down DO are actually better healers than AC and AC are better dps buffs. Did the person who did this laim change even know what a DO is?

Seems to be working now, though have not ACTed it.

No Icon, but you apply it by damage, not passive.

I use aoe (DGlow, Chains) on mobpacks, then they seem to receive the debuff.

I agree that this DO nerf was terrible idea.

DO was neither OP nor the cause of the 2DC meta. This doesn't correct either.

IMO the buff to the group was not needed; Terrifying Insight should be a self only buff for a DC. I disliked how DO had it easy and simply could just walk along and do nothing and provide a 20% damage buff to the group. The changes to DO are long over due but the devs forgot one thing and that is allow the DO to Q as a DPS into content. If that was included in this mod it would have been a good win for DCs that want to play as a DPS vs. buffer.

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

The changes to DO are long over due but the devs forgot one thing and that is allow the DO to Q as a DPS into content. If that was included in this mod it would have been a good win for DCs that want to play as a DPS vs. buffer.

If there was an option to queue as DPS, guarantee you that no DC or GF will ever queue as DPS. One big challenge for the devs is to find a way to discourage players from choosing roles just for queue position.
  • odt#4182 odt Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Sadly i hardly use my DO build anymore at the moment, for tong maybe the first part abit for fun but latest at Orcus i switch to AC... My DO build is still less squishy and i die much less but doesn't pack the punch i need for the group in tong or cr.
    It would be nice to have a viable DO build for those again, hoping mod 16 changes and makes the build more useful, i prefer playing DO. But for now for endgame stuff i would suggest AC buffer build with tons of cooldown reductions for the player and group, seems the most useful at the moment for the heavy endgame stuff. The hit on terrifying insight is just too heavy for dps race bosses. Let's hope this is just temporary and soon DO can shine also again.
    Post edited by odt#4182 on
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I’ve recently revived my DO build as primary DPS focus, and the results are encouraging.

DPS DO doesn’t perform as well in a low buff party since bosses outliving the initial duration of Avatar leads to a sharp drop-off in damage, but with good support it’s as ridiculous as any traditional DPS and brings additional party support, so it’s not a bad option at all since AC is going to win the buffer war regardless.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

The changes to DO are long over due but the devs forgot one thing and that is allow the DO to Q as a DPS into content. If that was included in this mod it would have been a good win for DCs that want to play as a DPS vs. buffer.

If there was an option to queue as DPS, guarantee you that no DC or GF will ever queue as DPS. One big challenge for the devs is to find a way to discourage players from choosing roles just for queue position.
    Like a OP if you are a DO DPS and if you are a AC healer. So if you are a DO you always Q as a DPS. That is a viable and highly probable change come mod 16.

Just a FYI...a DO can one phase Orcus just like a CW, TR, SW, etc...

Like a OP if you are a DO DPS and if you are a AC healer. So if you are a DO you always Q as a DPS. That is a viable and highly probable change come mod 16.

Unless something is done about the long DPS line, no on will ever queue as DPS if they can queue as support. Any GF or DO I see, unless they are like 18K, I will leave. Even if they are 18K, I question their judgement to wait in the long line and pass over role bonus.

Didn't know orcus had phases.
  • lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    You never saw Orcus jump into the air in T9?

You never saw Orcus’ attacks in CN, is. Balls, portals, aoe...?
    Now this really doesn't make sense. People can kill orcus before he jumps in the air?
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited February 2019

Now this really doesn't make sense. People can kill orcus before he jumps in the air?

I don't know if you are serious or cynical

mod13:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DliL58cVmGQ

mod 13 cradle before push pull

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyGgpEhO1qw

mod 14:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2qUtyrer7M
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyJaW-aIg-8

mod 14, 3 man
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oijA9IGyK5s

mod 15:
    https://youtu.be/2vs-bm1prbo

not sure what mod:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6pvO_9VsiU

And this is nice one, OP devo as main DPS:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6zrTOP_rto
    Post edited by micky1p00 on
    micky1p00 said:

Well, I was serious. Thanks for the videos, very nice. I've never seen anything close to these kind of coordinated runs. I suppose that is also true for 99.999% of the player population. Despite being around since mod 2, as a guild-less solo player, I didn't go into ToNG until mod 14 when it was in REQ. My 14K DC had to solo-queue CoDG for ampoules until the mod 15 MC weapons boost bumped my iLvl to 15K making it easier to get into organized runs. Now my 13K prot OP is solo-queuing CoDG for ampoules.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited February 2019

micky1p00 said:

Well, I was serious. Thanks for the videos, very nice. I've never seen anything close to these kind of coordinated runs. I suppose that is also true for 99.999% of the player population. Despite being around since mod 2, as a guild-less solo player, I didn't go into ToNG until mod 14 when it was in REQ. My 14K DC had to solo-queue CoDG for ampoules until the mod 15 MC weapons boost bumped my iLvl to 15K making it easier to get into organized runs. Now my 13K prot OP is solo-queuing CoDG for ampoules.
    I don't know how many saw or took part, but I would say that even without one phasing, a lot of the runs in channels, some open, many guilds, etc are very smooth and relatively fast, speed runers will laugh at this but I would say bellow 20min (or around it) per run is fast enough without turning a fun run into race, a run you can chat during.

No offense to anyone, but usually (not always) people who are very experienced and well versed in the game, do not solo public queue. The public queue will be the last option from the list, starting from guild, friends, custom channels etc.. It's by far the worst, and not by skill, or gear, but even just by communication, cooperation and general attitude.

I'm saying this only to emphasize how much different I believe is the experience for players that rely on the public queue and those that do not.

Unless something is done about the long DPS line, no on will ever queue as DPS if they can queue as support. Any GF or DO I see, unless they are like 18K, I will leave. Even if they are 18K, I question their judgement to wait in the long line and pass over role bonus.

Didn't know orcus had phases.
    I do random Q all the time and most GF are not tanks many are setup as a DPS and die like a DPS in all content; it is quite entertaining to see them in content and than complain that they have to be a tank and want a protection OP in a random Q. The fix is needed so that GF can q as a DPS and not be forced to be qued as a tank. We will probably see many Q as a tank than swap once in the Q and state, I'm a DPS, just to get into the Q. I have seen this a lot in other games and quite frankly it is annoying. Hopefully the devs put something in place to ensure players won't abuse this, such as if you start as support in the Q, it keeps you as support and if you switch you are kicked from the Q.

This is one of the few games where we are limited in the roles for each class; in other MMO games I have played, typically all classes have the ability to play two or more roles. Hopefully NWO provides all class, like the OP, the ability to play at least two roles in content. Role for each class can easily be determined by the Paragon Path we pick.

For instance a buffer role could be assigned to CW if the paragon path picked is MoF; so a CW qing into content as a MoF would be consider a buffer. This goes back to my AC and DO comment. Same can be applied to a GF SwordMaster is DPS and Iron Vanguard is the tank. What type of DPS you are (buffer or pure DPS) would be determine by feats.

There are just some thoughts but honestly each class really needs to be rebalanced further to have a 2 role system for each class in this game.
  • flintenuschi#0721 flintenuschi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Yeah still waiting to queue as DPS (DO) x)

And to all of these "One/Two/Three Shot" Videos.....the balance seems like..... balanced lol....id really appreciate some sort of "powersharing caps/buff caps" and so on.....and tbh...i didnt run those K-Team Challenges yet but im also not interested in running them just for a 600 Itemlevelgear :/ Nobody wants DO nowadays anyway haha so im just jumping into random queues and help the lower geared players :) Even with about 15k Itemlevel and well built gear (barovia hunts etc.) its possible to deal a decent amount on DPS now.
  • senordoeboysenordoeboy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Nerfing the DC... It what the Dev do.

Come mod 16 if the devs leave the Q as is, players who have more than one role most will Q as the support but will play as their DPS role. Very common in games where two roles are available. It actually ruins Qs.

• dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    > @mebengalsfan#9264 said:
    > The changes to DO are long over due but the devs forgot one thing and that is allow the DO to Q as a DPS into content. If that was included in this mod it would have been a good win for DCs that want to play as a DPS vs. buffer.
    >
    >
    > If there was an option to queue as DPS, guarantee you that no DC or GF will ever queue as DPS. One big challenge for the devs is to find a way to discourage players from choosing roles just for queue position.
    >
    >
    > Come mod 16 if the devs leave the Q as is, players who have more than one role most will Q as the support but will play as their DPS role. Very common in games where two roles are available. It actually ruins Qs.

No.
    Asterdahl has repeatedly explained this in the Mod16 Preview forum.

You will not be able to change roles in public Q/random Q.

Therefore, DPS/DPS classes can change paragon inside a dungeon but NOT DPS/Support.

If you Q as a healer DC you will NOT be able to change to Arbiter inside a public/random dungeon.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User

It's called being disgustingly overgeared, the exact reason why I keep lower iLvL stuff so I don't become too powerful.

It's also the reason 99% of players over 15k are terrible at the game and can't adapt to Mod16. There are 22k+ players struggling while 17k players of the exact same class build are having no problems.

> @mebengalsfan#9264 said:

> The changes to DO are long over due but the devs forgot one thing and that is allow the DO to Q as a DPS into content. If that was included in this mod it would have been a good win for DCs that want to play as a DPS vs. buffer.

>

>

> If there was an option to queue as DPS, guarantee you that no DC or GF will ever queue as DPS. One big challenge for the devs is to find a way to discourage players from choosing roles just for queue position.

>

>

> Come mod 16 if the devs leave the Q as is, players who have more than one role most will Q as the support but will play as their DPS role. Very common in games where two roles are available. It actually ruins Qs.

No.

Asterdahl has repeatedly explained this in the Mod16 Preview forum.

You will not be able to change roles in public Q/random Q.

Therefore, DPS/DPS classes can change paragon inside a dungeon but NOT DPS/Support.

If you Q as a healer DC you will NOT be able to change to Arbiter inside a public/random dungeon.

When I wrote what I did it was prior to the mod 16 announcement. Can a player who has two support builds switch between those though?