test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

adx why did we get cap raised?

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
we never hit cap. we never go over 500 but cap is raised and now we are at 530? why? I think some of hte richest must be manipulating the market. please roll it back to 500 we did not need a new adx cap. this is going to hurt us.

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I think it's very rich multiboxers who are responsible for the market going up now.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    bobo#5090 said:

They did it because the economy on pc was backlogged to the tune of 34mil. Now its backlogged less than one day later at 10+mil.

The mustard race has been qqingg about the backlog for years now. The dev team wanted to do something about it to "fix" the PC economy, just like they "fixed" SW or how they "fixed" new players roflstomping everything with scaling.

Since 10 million < 34 million (never minding that's just a manipulation of the exchange rate and ultimately devalues AD...), we can conclude:

:trollface:

• littledanger#4115 littledanger Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Yes, the once stabile Xbox exchange is now being heavily manipulated and taken advantage of - currently at 500:1, good job Dev's! Hopefully this will pass in a few days and drop back down to the low 400's.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't know that it has been changed on console too, given how many bugs that were reported weeks ago, and still are present in the M16 release...
    edited April 2019
    it's at 558 now, we had a healthy economy and with one move it looks to be trashed. really please roll it back or impliment some way that people cannot manipulate like this.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I talked to some "people" and it's going to be a "pump & dump" situation on the Xbox ADX for a while, they will buy out all Zen to raise the price, and then sell everything which will drop it significantly, and then do it all over again...

Too much work for me, since you can only list 25k Zen at the time, but there's money to be made if you're willing to put in the "work".

TLDR, let this run its course (unless you really need Zen), hopefully they will call it quits next week , but the best thing would be for us (at least Xbox) to get the cap back to 500...

I talked to some "people" and it's going to be a "pump & dump" situation on the Xbox ADX for a while, they will buy out all Zen to raise the price, and then sell everything which will drop it significantly, and then do it all over again...

Too much work for me, since you can only list 25k Zen at the time, but there's money to be made if you're willing to put in the "work".

TLDR, let this run its course (unless you really need Zen), hopefully they will call it quits next week , but the best thing would be for us (at least Xbox) to get the cap back to 500...

yeah been talking to some of my guild mates it's pretty clear that's what's going on after watching it for awhile. we were messing with him or them for awhile. it was fun. I'm outta zen now though. I made 2mil. so I guess that's good, it's too aggressive at this point for me to risk buying. maybe in a bit when their guard is down hehe. if you can't beat em.. irritate them a tiny bit..
  • jobu808jobu808 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I've been on here for years and never post but I need to vent. This will probably get deleted but whatever, here goes!

Shout out to the whomever decided to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up the ADX on the only platform that had a stable economy. YOU, the Devs said that raising the ADX cap was not a solution to the problem on PC back when YOU made the rough AD cap changes and took away salvaging! I can go back and find the post but what's the point? The damage is done and you know who you were that said that.

So why now was this a good idea? Our ADX was not a problem and fluctuated well with the ebs and flows of the game for events, sales and things like that. We have never had a problem and even when we hit 500, it never stayed that way for more than a few minutes.

We have been fine and moving up and down from 400 to maybe 480 for months on end. Now a day after the cap is raised we are at over 540 for no reason other than YOU raised the cap to 750.

There is no sale, there is no event. There is only the new cap YOU decided to go with on all platforms. Way to go! Good job! Oh and thanks for the big <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you that you gave us!
    Post edited by jobu808 on
    someone or a guild manipulated the adx up to make a profit. they're buying in the mid 520's 530 now and selling 545 to 550 a number of us were messing with him/them. it's getting aggressive now. but if you don't like what's going on play the adx and stick a spider in his/her/their craw. i encourage all to play the game. and hopefully send the market back down again.

and gee thanks cryptic for giving the ultra rich such a playground as this one. admittedly I have had fun with it this afternoon. it doesn't hurt the new comers to the game even a little. does it now???

fy da..

put it back to 500
  • redhoodedmenace1redhoodedmenace1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    It is messed up lol... I dumped all my AD into zen yesterday as soon as I heard about the change because I knew this would happen.
    edited April 2019

It is messed up lol... I dumped all my AD into zen yesterday as soon as I heard about the change because I knew this would happen.

I didn't and wish I had. I had abotu 15000 to play with I could have had 25 though. :( I naively thought nothing would change.
    I'm not saying I don't play the market. I've been doing that for years. I'm just saying the 100 point jump is only because the cap was increased. Yes, I could see it happening too and I have plenty of AD and ZEN to play with.

The point is, there was no reason to raise our cap. Our economy was fine and we were the only platform that wasn't backlogged at max. Also, what did it do for PC? Absolutely nothing! Now it's backlogged at 750 which goes to show what the Devs said earlier, it would not fix the problem on PC!

Anyway, now it's just about playing the market and hoping it never hits the cap in here. The rich will get richer and I guess maybe this was the reason, people might spend money to sell the Zen for AD on the ADX.
    I never disagreed with you or suggested you were playing the market. just explaining what happened. it's an artificial increase because they were given the rope to play that game. I'm suggesting everyone play the market to mess with the people who are artificially inflating the market and make it less profitable for them so they stop.

I agree though it never should have been raised and I'd like it if they put it back where it was.
    Sorry, I shoulda just put part of my post on here. That's what I get for not wearing my glasses when I decided to post something. Anyway, ya people are playing with the market. I just hope it doesn't get too crazy and hopefully we can get it back down.

I enjoy playing the market game but as we know there was NO reason to raise our cap. hate to see it so high for no good reason.

Ahh well guess I'll cut back in my box popping for a bit n see how things shake out. 😬
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    jobu808 said:

Sorry, I shoulda just put part of my post on here. That's what I get for not wearing my glasses when I decided to post something. Anyway, ya people are playing with the market. I just hope it doesn't get too crazy and hopefully we can get it back down.

I enjoy playing the market game but as we know there was NO reason to raise our cap. hate to see it so high for no good reason.

Ahh well guess I'll cut back in my box popping for a bit n see how things shake out. 😬

On Russian Owlbear server,,, ZAX plays you!
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    I looked when I logged on this morning (about 10, UK time) and it was 550-555 showing on the "Buy Zen". Checked again this afternoon, 595-602. Checked just now... 529-546.

The only half-rational reason I can come up with for doing this is to try and stop the PC practise of Zen Purchasers buying Zen with cash, using vouchers or sales to buy "stuff" with Zen and posting it on the AH to make more AD than if they sold it as 500:1.
    I say "half-rational" because there might just be a flaw in that theory that I'm not going to mention in case people go "Oh... that's a way I could game the system too", but frankly I assume people will spot for themselves.

The way to make Zen and AD trade a viable market is to make each currency uniquely useful and desirable.
    Make the Wondrous Bazaar a little more... wondrous... by putting cool new stuff in there that one can't buy with Zen, and maybe... and I know people will rage and get angry at this... maaayyybeeeee... consider changing some of the goods on the Zen market to make them so that they can't be sold on the AH.
    But NOT Bound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it's very popular to use sales and vouchers to flip stuff like Coal Wards and pets, (I do it myself) but if the market is so HAMSTER they need to resort to HAMSTER the entire X Box ADX, to grasp at a chance to mend the PC and PS markets then maybe it's worth looking at for the overall good of the game.

But before some Cryptic developer goes, "Oh... block Zen goods from AH sale... let's try THAT!" PLEASE note that that will only work if you do the hard creative work of coming up with NEW, interesting and exciting things to buy with AD, (not just more HAMSTER Refining Stones!!!!)

I looked when I logged on this morning (about 10, UK time) and it was 550-555 showing on the "Buy Zen". Checked again this afternoon, 595-602. Checked just now... 529-546.

The only half-rational reason I can come up with for doing this is to try and stop the PC practise of Zen Purchasers buying Zen with cash, using vouchers or sales to buy "stuff" with Zen and posting it on the AH to make more AD than if they sold it as 500:1.
    I say "half-rational" because there might just be a flaw in that theory that I'm not going to mention in case people go "Oh... that's a way I could game the system too", but frankly I assume people will spot for themselves.

The way to make Zen and AD trade a viable market is to make each currency uniquely useful and desirable.
    Make the Wondrous Bazaar a little more... wondrous... by putting cool new stuff in there that one can't buy with Zen, and maybe... and I know people will rage and get angry at this... maaayyybeeeee... consider changing some of the goods on the Zen market to make them so that they can't be sold on the AH.

I know it's very popular to use sales and vouchers to flip stuff like Coal Wards and pets, (I do it myself) but if the market is so HAMSTER they need to resort to HAMSTER the entire X Box ADX, to grasp at a chance to mend the PC and PS markets then maybe it's worth looking at for the overall good of the game.

But before some Cryptic developer goes, "Oh... block Zen goods from AH sale... let's try THAT!" PLEASE note that that will only work if you do the hard creative work of coming up with NEW, interesting and exciting things to buy with AD, (not just more HAMSTER Refining Stones!!!!)

scroll up to mightyericksons post. it's market manipulation a group of very rich people buy up all the zen and then buy low an sell high. if you look at the sell side there has been a huge gap between it and the buy side. I even played the gap a bit this morning although the people behind it are very protective of it and will close the gap to chase you out.
    edited April 2019

scroll up to mightyericksons post. it's market manipulation a group of very rich people buy up all the zen and then buy low an sell high. if you look at the sell side there has been a huge gap between it and the buy side. I even played the gap a bit this morning although the people behind it are very protective of it and will close the gap to chase you out.
    Oh, I understand what's happening, and how they're doing it.
    I'm just unsure about where it will settle, with the new cap being so high.
    The volatility is entirely down to the manipulation of people who are worried about being able to afford Zen, by people who will never need to worry about being able to afford Zen. There is a word for those kind of people, but even if it got hamstered out, I would still probably get a ban for using it here!
    I'm just lucky I bought a bunch on Monday...

From an implementation point of view, I think it's ridiculous that under any circumstance they think that a typical player being unable to generate enough new rAD in a week to buy 1000 Zen is an acceptable place for the game to be at. And while that;s not US yet, it's already where PC is at, and I imagine PS4 will follow shortly... their whales got ahead of this game when it launched so are well practised at it.
    And if this does settle at a substantially higher mark than it was before the cap raise, the AH prices will increase accordingly, meaning those new and lower geared players, who seem to be at the front of the devs minds a far as the new game mechanics are concerned had better get used to using hard cash to buy Zen both to spend and to sell.
    Because not only will they not be able to earn as many rAD in game as us old timers could in the past, things will also cost a lot more for them.

But I imagine new people having to spend more money to play catch up is not worrying anyone at Cryptic Towers...
    I think it will settle back down but I could be wrong. but either way this was a very poor move on craptics part.
    @kreatyve did you bring this to someone's attention? honestly I don't think it's what they intended when raising our cap?
    I know she did earlier based on feedback on a PC thread that was talking about how pissed off some people were about the double hit for players who are having to remove their 500:1 bids and re-post at 750:1.
    Because of the inordinate amount of time they take to fulfill. (I heard 2 months to get your Zen is not unheard of.)
    Some people will have been days or even hours away from getting to the front of the queue at 500:1 and now have to go to the back of the queue and pay 50% more for the privilege.
    I'd be ready to weep in frustration if I was about to run out of VIP and that happened to me.

The very definition of "Customer Service".
    edited April 2019

I know she did earlier based on feedback on a PC thread that was talking about how pissed off some people were about the double hit for players who are having to remove their 500:1 bids and re-post at 750:1.
    Because of the inordinate amount of time they take to fulfill. (I heard 2 months to get your Zen is not unheard of.)
    Some people will have been days or even hours away from getting to the front of the queue at 500:1 and now have to go to the back of the queue and pay 50% more for the privilege.
    I'd be ready to weep in frustration if I was about to run out of VIP and that happened to me.

yeah I was one of those people. it had been at least a month I was in the queue maybe longer. but that is a different issue to this one. this is flat out market manipulation. artificially raising (And possibly for good) the price of the adx is really not cool. especially since we weren't near cap. we haven't even been flirting with backlogs like ps4 had been

yeah I was one of those people. it had been at least a month I was in the queue maybe longer. but that is a different issue to this one. this is flat out market manipulation. artificially raising (And possibly for good) the price of the adx is really not cool. especially since we weren't near cap. we haven't even been flirting with backlogs like ps4 had been
    That sucks...
    I tell you... if it were me, my first reaction would certainly NOT be, "Ah well... I'll just have to buy some with cash then."

Yeah, its ironic that the only thing that it looks like will be successfully balanced by this Mod is something we really DON'T want.

That sucks...
    I tell you... if it were me, my first reaction would certainly NOT be, "Ah well... I'll just have to buy some with cash then."

Yeah, its ironic that the only thing that it looks like will be successfully balanced by this Mod is something we really DON'T want.
    o yeah, no.. no more money from me. I don't play a lot on pc anyway.

That sucks...

o yeah, no.. no more money from me. I don't play a lot on pc anyway.
    Same here. I only use it for preview access. My computer isn't exactly a gaming PC...
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

@kreatyve did you bring this to someone's attention? honestly I don't think it's what they intended when raising our cap?

I forwarded the thread. Don't have any information on it other than that, unfortunately. I'm not happy about it either. :(
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    All good, I hear what u were saying. I'm not mad at people playing the market. I'm mad that there was no reason for a cap increase in Xbox. It's only going to screw with what was the only good economy the game had. Ahh well...