test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon difficulty reports

Comments

• empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

i like mod 16 so far keep it up!

Master of the Hunt soloed no issue noticed

RIQ - apart from Tiamat and ndemo (especially Tia) no difficulty issue seen so far, all are way more challenging but feels good. Throne of Dwarven God hulks charge is bugged.

RAQ - TONG 2nd boss very hard, have not seen last boss. MSP first boss Kabal is bugged (ball doesnt make him non-immune to dmg) dont know for other bosses. FBI and eDemo no issue

As it is, minimum iL requirement should be way higher for both queues imo.

For public q demogorgon maybe to switch team requirements 2tank-3heals-5dps can help?

No particular problem with river district BHE despite someone else said.

(ex 14k item level player point of view - now 19k with mostly same gear, lvl 80)

which class are you playing?
  • kranky#1106 kranky Member Posts: 42 Arc User

Add to that the following to look into:
    Malabog Castle
    Many Coin Bank Heist
    Demogorgon

yep valindras/malabogs/demo/ edemo/ CN/ manycoins/ kessels/lostmauth/shores of tueren/tiamate/ ....pretty much any dungeon from before mod 16 that is RIQ is undoable even with def/crit avoid cap over 60k i still get 1-3 hit killed from basic mobs and cannot even get to a boss (in groups of all 18K itl or higher) have not been able to do 1 riq and the rlq is very hard but atleast you can complete it if you have enough heal stones/ scrolls of life. which is crazy
  • kranky#1106 kranky Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    dolrey said:

I'm in love in this game now. Difficulty is right there where it should be (no trolling). Finally players should respect mechanics of bosses and dodge red zones. Please don't nerf difficulty. It is fine. Players just need some time to remember how they played this content before it had became easy as abc in mod 4.

Probably you just can increase rewards (or amount of astral diamonds gained from dungeons by about 20%) to let players accommodate easier and to make players interested in tryhard.

Really no trolling. You made this game live again. Thank you.

either you are joking or insane having a challenge is ok but the idea is to bring it inline with DND basics of group play and i love most of what they have done but nowhere EVER in any dnd book or board game system did you get a penalty for doing areas lower then you..... so ig your party was lvl 18 and you went to a lvl 12-14 dungeon the rewards may not be as useful to you but it was a fairly easy run because it was lower then you period. making lower lvl content harder then lvl 80 zone is simply stupid scaling ppl who bust their but and grind out good gear then wish to go farm some AD shouldn't be penalized for it.

and seriously the rewards from these chests are garbage anyway most ppl just do riq to make their RAD quota's not because we want to run lower lvl areas. and now we cannot even do that. so if we cannot grind RAD/and we hit lvl 80 but cannot afford to upgrade gear to max lvl then why should we bother playing ? see cryptic thinks ppl are going to start spending tons of cash to get better gear and upgrades but guess what they wont they will just leave because why lvl stuff up if when you go to lvl 70 area (say barovia) all your r14-15 enchants are only equal to r9 anyway. so if they dont fix it so ppl can enjoy the game soon VERY SOON then the loss of players and revenue will be huge. then next step is shut it down because no profit to be made i give it a year tops if it stays this way!!!!
  • neidanman#1423 neidanman Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Just did elol on 20k IL CW with decent enough pug party and we couldn't pass scorpions. People dieing left and right, taking ages to get health down. Personally I won't be playing any more scaled down dungeons unless scaling is adjusted so things are easier at higher IL, its just not fun or enjoyable any more. I like challenging content when its the endgame stuff, but I also like a choice to play older & easier stuff when I have less time or am in the mood for less challenge. If that option is gone then I guess I will be, or at least from that part of the game. And weirdly I might stay to play the endgame dungeons as it seems they'll be the easier ones...
  • sirkus1313sirkus1313 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User
    Thanks Cryptic. You have ruined my fave toon. Guess I will just resort to one of my others. I like new content, I don't mind more difficulty, but when I have to use my health stone to say alive as a TANK...that is just stupid. The scaling is also broken IMO. I went from being 70 to being what??? Level 20? YOu all need to seriously listen to those who are complaining and fix some stuff.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    I don't understand the thinking here. Level 80's reporting major problems with those dungeons you are raising the min IL by 1000 on. Those level 80s are several thousand above the min IL already. So how is this going to make that content more likely to be done? The only explanation as to why you think raising the IL is that level 70s with low IL are the ones having the problems who shouldn't even be scaled at all in level 70+ content IMO

You should at the very least be showing us exactly what is being scaled and how much. Would really be nice to see what my scaled IL is but nooooooo
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Scaling takes you from your current iL to that of the recommended or target (11k for DR for example). Item level of gear is based on number of stats on that piece. So let's say you are 22k iL and you go into DR...you will see all your stats get halved (not perfect but close to it). As a result, if you are doing level 70 content, you should be overstacking armor penetration so you can hit harder, same goes with whatever other stats you are built around. I have had little issues with older content taking this approach. Excluding any bugged critters or mechanics as stated by the devs already.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    empalas said:

I don't understand the thinking here. Level 80's reporting major problems with those dungeons you are raising the min IL by 1000 on. Those level 80s are several thousand above the min IL already. So how is this going to make that content more likely to be done? The only explanation as to why you think raising the IL is that level 70s with low IL are the ones having the problems who shouldn't even be scaled at all in level 70+ content IMO

You should at the very least be showing us exactly what is being scaled and how much. Would really be nice to see what my scaled IL is but nooooooo

Them raising the iL by 1000 gives those who are over the iL 20,000 more stats (1iL =20 stats)
  • kickiusassius#6340 kickiusassius Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    The biggest issue I see with scaling is it hurts the players with less knowledge and skill. I base this on my belief, generally speaking, item level and stats bridges the gap between high skill/low item level and low skill/high item level. So the lower the knowledge/skill, the higher item level needed to run content.

I remember when TONG was first released. The Devs said "oh good group of 12k players can finish TONG in a reasonable amount of time". Well, my 13k to 15k friends and I couldn't get past Orcus... we must really suck. We didn't start to consistently finish until we were all between 15k to 17k.

How is scaling going to impact my group of friends?

Maybe I'll chime in later on out of favor classes, such as 2nd tier dps.
    Post edited by kickiusassius#6340 on
  • turloghobrienturloghobrien Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I just started the game again from lvl 1 and the very first real quest the Theft of the Crown is twisted. I've played it with Paladin and there is no thrill, your encounter guarantees to kill everything in vicinity and the daily just instantly kills the final boss Guardian of the nine. There is no sense of danger or risk, you just rip through the quest. I remember when I played first time years ago, I had to run back to campfires to heal, yesterday it needed no effort at all. It seems as the scaling trouble goes quite deep when he normal content is so easy and then skirmishes and dungeons are insanely difficult.
  • turloghobrienturloghobrien Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Here is a post I made on March 9th.

adinosii said:

Just went to do the Defending the Sword Coast, specifically the one in Pirate's Skyhold.

I got scaled down to 60, but the enemies were 81. Not a fair fight.

The issue was that in some instanced lower-level content I got scaled down, but the mobs did not. Guess what....6 weeks, and this issue went live. People are still reporting this.

There is no excuse for this. My advice would be to fire whoever is in charge of QC and hire someone competent instead.

Your implementation of downscaling is fundamentally flawed. People have made suggestions on how to properly do things ... my own set of recommendations is here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1247364/the-problems-with-downscaling-and-how-to-fix-them but other people have suggested alternative approaches that would work as well.

Just admit it. What you have is a major clusterHAMSTER and it should never have been allowed to go live.
    I just love the stats in the log you deal one point of damage the mob deals 25k points of damage. Cool :-)
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    dagmur said:

We went to some low level dungeons: Master of the Hunt and Dread Legion. MotH felt like years ago, when we first reached this dungeon. The MotH did hit so hard, I was the only survivor. But just because using my health stones all the time and running away. While moving to Dread Legion, the whole party was one shot by the first group of mobs. We got up and fought back, just to die and die and die again. Yes I did my math at the guild and everything - powers etc. - was set up well. Just that i still would have my L 70 gear and stats. The golems which are supposed to walk very slow, did run like Speedy Gonzales, the fastest mouse of Mexico all over the place. This needs to be fixed!

I ran Dread Legion yesterday as well, only with a PUG group. Two barbies, my wizard, a paladin and a cleric. We had no losses at all, noone was even close to die. Not even when it came to the boss fight. And the golems were moving at their usual speed.

Yes, it took a little longer, but it was more fun than the M15 version of this skirmish, since everyone now has to watch out for enemies attacks. My guess - at least for Dread Legion and MotH: watch the enemies attacks, avoid them as much as possible. Not only red areas, but all attacks. A DPS build is not a tank or a self-healer anymore and that's a good thing.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    This system was designed so that it will be easy to tune to make sure that we can end up with ideal scaling moving forward. We look forward to players getting to experience this new scaling, along with the new item level accuracy, we look forward to your feedback as this gets to preview.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11093133

give it a month or two ...

I am starting to see the wisdom in rolling it out a bit over everyone's capabilities and easing it back to something a bit more manageable for everyone.

I am hoping they can ease back the stronghold enemy a little more , so the lower level members can go back to practising on the their 3 heroics a day :+1:

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits