test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Undermountain Preview Patch Notes: NW.110.20190411b.9

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Release Notes

Content and Environment
General
  • Sybella Artis no longer talks over herself when introducing players to Challenge Campaigns at level 80.
Undermountain
  • Piranhas in the water now properly slaughter. (They hurt player characters a whole lot more.)
  • The door to the VIP room of the Moonstone Mask should now be much easier to interact with even with lots of players crowding around it.

Enemies and Encounters
Castle Never
  • Zombies in Castle Never now have less health.

Combat and Powers
General
  • The levels at which feat tiers are unlocked for Cleric, Fighter, and Paladin now match those of the other classes.
Fighter
  • The At-Will powers, Guarded Strike and Shield Bash, can now properly be used while blocking.
  • Into the Fray no longer provides massive Action Point gain.
  • Onslaught no longer grants immense Action Points when hitting large numbers of enemies.
Paladin
  • Paladins now have 10 base Dexterity, increased from 8. This brings their sum total ability scores up to 74, matching other classes.
Ranger
  • Split Shot no longer incorrectly grants a ton of Action Points even on a minimum charge.
Wizard
  • Thaumaturge: Storm Pillar no longer grants disproportionate values of Action Points compared to similar powers.

Items and Economy
General
  • All Artifact Weapons that incorrectly had an item level of 1 now have the expected item levels and damage output.
  • Companions that were duplicated have vanished, and only the highest quality (or highest level, if multiple exist with the same quality) remain.
  • Certain Enchantments and Runestones that had no icon now properly have an icon.

User Interface
Character Sheet
  • The Powers tab and HUD entry for the Character Sheet no longer glow even after players have spent all available points.
Home Page
  • New characters can no longer use the "Return to Protector's Enclave" button if they have not completed the Sleeping Dragon Bridge or Theft of the Crown. This should prevent them from getting into a state where they cannot complete the tutorial.
  • The "New Module" version of the Home Page now goes away when just the Boons and Powers tutorial are completed, rather than also looking for the Companions tutorial.

Localization
General
  • Text for the Italian locale is now nearly up-to-date.

Performance and Stability
General
  • A crash case has been addressed.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    ...but it's in a good place. /sarcasm
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • shah102shah102 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Without hesitation, I would dismiss all those involved in the scaling of parameters (who did it and who led them)
    People do something without checking how it works!
  • lilbittypretty1#8021 lilbittypretty1 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Um what about all companions being bound to character when sitting in inventory? I've heard several complaints about this across the forum. Is this wai or a bug?
  • ramesh84ramesh84 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Don't want to sound rude, but would like to know according to which logic warlock's not fading immolation spirits bug is still there since first preview week and not as #1 priority

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Nothing about the powerpoint exchange bug? I lost 400K AD and the support is not willing to help @terramak
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    Some Points not mentioned in this note:
    Transition to mod16, stealth all amorkits from all gear.
    Mastercraft III off-hand on CW is changed to Pionier off-hand.
    Companion window where the gear is shown displays 10 times better statvalues of slotted companion then it realy has.
    To compair gear we use mouseover of new piece and get a display from worn gear and new gear. New gear is often showing worn gear stats or wrong stats (you have do dismiss enchants of worn gear to compair both).
    Tarmalude trade bar shop has not new weapons as described in CTRL+J.

And last but not least: scaling is a big problem. its to aggressive for players not having Best in Slot gear.
  • mtlmortismtlmortis Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    > @greywynd said:
    > ...but it's in a good place. /sarcasm

You can just pop enrage.

...oh wait, wrong game.
  • soarokisoaroki Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    #Good place.
    Broken is 1 thing, every character have CAP for everything, and we dont know why we need rank 15, and items on companion, etc. I dont have items, and i have 90% stat with cap, on old dungeon all people have same rank enchantment,(same stat) like in communism everyone is equal! We can have 100k and more stat's but we dont need. It is mess for me. Percentage scaling would be better i think. Then it would make sense, and we would know why we need more stats..
    //
    I dont have problem with scaling existing, but why everyone hit CAP without being fully geared.
    Finally, the question arises, for what do we need these stats? On older dungeons we are scaled and equall to players with lower gear, on new content we just have stats more than we need.

// First boss in MSP, kabal got bugg, he is permanent immune for dmg, beholder in CN have to much resistance, Balor somtimes dances with my pt, like last boss in esot/valindra (aggro bugg?)

Btw;
    We can do dungeon 30min but drop rate is same like in mod 15
    Post edited by soaroki on
  • picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    the scaling puts us in a state of old fresh lvl 70. And that Fresh lvl 70 was and is not elibable to enter any dungeon.
    So the scaling is a very bit off.

But to repead the answer we got: "its in a good shape"

May be they have testet scaling, but it seems ony the boss fights (not the way to boss) and only in Best in Slot gear (not normal gear we have as lvl 71- fresh 80).
    No Dungeons for most ppl. means no AD for most ppl. unbelivable that they dont understand what this does to the game.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I'm sensing a pattern with all of these complaints about scaling. I can only assume 1 of the following to be true.

Option 1 - Scaling is broken
    Option 2 - The devs have gaming skills that are superior to almost the entire playerbase

So either the devs did something bad or everyone else is just bad. I think the silence on the issue shows you which option the devs think is more likely.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    picar66 said:

the scaling puts us in a state of old fresh lvl 70. And that Fresh lvl 70 was and is not elibable to enter any dungeon.
    So the scaling is a very bit off.

But to repead the answer we got: "its in a good shape"

May be they have testet scaling, but it seems ony the boss fights (not the way to boss) and only in Best in Slot gear (not normal gear we have as lvl 71- fresh 80).
    No Dungeons for most ppl. means no AD for most ppl. unbelivable that they dont understand what this does to the game.

well it WILL help fix the adx. less people having any ad means less ad to clog the adx. Also players will quit taking all that pesky ad they have with them. win win win right? :)
This discussion has been closed.