test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback on mod16 release & wondering where the new dungeon went

hugienwnhugienwn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
edited April 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
Greetings! I am excited that Undermountain is released -- finished the campaign, and enjoyed my time leveling my wizard to 80 in the Undermountain zones. Congrats to the dev team on a huge update. It took me about 7-8 hours to take my main character through the new storyline/campaign, and that was reading & listening to all the dialogue, doing all the quests, earning all the achievements/titles, and fully exploring each zone. I was taking my time and soaking it all in. As always, especially impressed with the art/environments/systems/QoL changes.

But now that that's done, I'm wondering... apart from Master Expeditions (which seem fun, at least IMO), as an endgame player, what am I supposed to do? Why is Lair of the Mad Mage missing from the release? Why has there been zero communication about that?

This awkward "what do I do now" situation is exacerbated by the fact that a significant portion of level 70 group content is suffering from horrible scaling issues (I've heard especially bad things about Demogorgon and Tiamat). Most players I know are waiting for "the devs to fix it" before bothering to step foot in another queue. And yet, tomorrow's patch notes make no mention of this elephant in the room -- not even to say "we're aware of the scaling problems and will have a fix soon"... perhaps there is somewhere else that that communication has taken place, but if there is, I didn't find it. And, for the record, I am a big fan of the removal of the buff meta & facetanking, and totally support the idea of making tanking/healing relevant again -- which is why the reports of the broken-ness of scaling in certain raids are a bummer.

To summarize, my feedback is as follows: I liked Undermountain a lot, but the state of the rest of the game is concerning. The fact that the new dungeon is missing is awkward -- this is a communication fail, plain and simple. The fact that level 70 group content is so badly broken is embarrassing -- the QA team did not do a good job here. The fact that there is a patch going out tomorrow that makes no mention of either of these two massive problems is, IMO, inexcusable. These are the kinds of things that drive players crazy, and that taint an otherwise great new chapter of content for the game.
Post edited by hugienwn on

Comments

• welshdemonwelshdemon Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I 100% totally agree with you on everything u have said. And about the lvl 70 contents I am sick to death of everyone saying that I need to redo how I play now cos I need heals that is a totally lie I am a pally and should be able to at least survive with the heals that I hve but no I cant even do that. My one and only job in NW is to tank but how am I supposed to do that if the mobs r hitting me so hard it is so very annoying and I hve tried everyway to make it a little easier for me but it is still a slog. I am 19k item lvl and I struggled and I mean struggled in fane that has never EVER happened.
    Devs I really really love what u hve done for the game but I am a oathbound paladin and I should be able to the job I am supposed to do and that is heal and tank myself to help the team but at the moment that is a no go and u really need to sort it fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Completely, totally, 100% agree.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • thyrannoothyrannoo Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Agreed.
  • rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Scaling is the bad sore of this otherwise good mod, I totally agree. We need communication on this - at least confirmation that it is acknowledged as not in the right state and being worked on.
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    100% agree! The scaling and lack of LotMM are HUGE black marks on what could otherwise be a very exciting time. As a Fighter I wasn't even mad I couldn't use block mechanics, I know it will be fixed (next patch Fyi) but the scaling and lack of dungeon/trial/skirmish is wildly disappointing.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Well stated. The main issue for me in this mod is the scaling or capping as that is hurting the player base.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • tyfud#3254 tyfud Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Agreed.
    Scaling is a huge problem right now. It's poorly executed and needs to be addressed ASAP. Most of the content is unplayable right now because of this. Downscaling is far too aggressive. The math doesn't add up or make sense.

LotMM was in preview, I wonder why it's not on live?
  • how it work now for dungeons and epic test is a mess. All time I try one all group vote to abadon it. No way to finish. Need to improve the chat system, people don't understand when you speak to they cause they not read chat, they not see there are message and so you can't try to make group to work better. Traslation, or italian traslation seem make with google traslator so is a HAMSTER, you try to understand why to use a power respect the other and you don't understand which si better cause you not understand anything. Well this are only part of the issue.
  • delta2119delta2119 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I like the scaling icon though, so clearly shows what a thorn it is (in it's current state).
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    I think this is the best post so far. So far it's a module without a dungeon.