test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Warlock mod 16

shiro#3991 shiro Member Posts: 3 Arc User
Hello! So I restarted playing since mod 16 is out, and created a warlock, which I love. What ability scores do I need to focus on? I heard it's not the same like it was pre-16, when ppl focused on charisma and constitution from what I had read? If there are another important things I should know, please share with this poor newb =)

Comments

• lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    May the force be with you. Oh, oops wrong game.

Int and Cha, or Cha and Dex or Int and Dex. Depends on what you plan to build for. But starting out, go with Int and Cha.

Don't bother upgrading enchants past Rank 8 or Rank 9. Don't use ANY form of XP boosters. NOT ONE. DO NOT USE THEM. Sell any you get for gold or just dump them on the ground. If you are over-leveled because you leveld up faster than the area requires you BRUTALLY scaled down. For instance, if you are level 20 and try and do Cloak Tower, a level 12 dungeon, you get scaled down to level 12, BUT you get scaled to a bare minimum level 12. Making MANY dungeons near impossible to complete.

Get a tank type of companion and learn to position it between you and the mobs so it takes aggro then position yourself on the opposite side so you have combat advantage.

Don't ever think you will be a high DPS warlock. That no longer exists with this mod. The warklock's dps is now down the toilet. The healing warlock reportedly does more damage than the DPS warlock. The DPS cleric does more damage than the DPS warlock.

Do not ever put real money into the game. It just isn't worth it.

That's my advice from a 20.4k item level DPS spec Warlock, earned the hard way.

And if you make it to level 80, grats for staying that long. There's a whole new set of rules at that point.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    ^^ What Angels said :)

In addition, right now everything is in flux and chaos and a general sense of annoyance is likely to color the response for all (some? most?) of us. Don't sweat "important" stuff right now and check back in a week or so.

By then we will either be gone, or more capable of giving detailed advice..
  • shiro#3991 shiro Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Many thanks for the tips! :)