test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon difficulty reports

Comments

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    It is not only scaling that is messing things up.

I have had several runs in RQs where game did not compose party properly. We were missing either tank or heal.

This happened in Heist, IG and Folly.
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    > deleted
  • teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    dungeons wouldn't be difficult if you hadn't trashed are player base cause this hole change is a joke and how my toons can no longer fight because you changed are encounter powers while class features that i really do not like cause when we had are powers feats and boons in mod15 that i felt they where much easier to understand than this why i want my stuff back for how i know you wont give why i wont be given you guys anymore of my money tell you fix this game right and allow us to kill
  • robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    dolrey said:

Difficulty is right there where it should be (no trolling).

There is RAQ for that. Go there and have your fun.
    dolrey said:

Please don't mislead developers that it is impossible to play. Just souw a bit more patience and perseverance and you will get success in completing all content.

Ps: that pleasant feeling when you completed something really difficult.. Do you remember it? :)

Looks like you haven't played this game much after U16. Have you completed Tiamat yet in Random Queue?

• agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    Can confirm Tiamat is currently impossible to complete, because we can't past the Clerics phase.
    What's odd is the adds on the first phase where you kill the gemkeepers are fine, but the mobs during the Clerics phase hit way too hard. As soon as this phase begins, everyone die in seconds. As a 21k sentinel barb with >500k HP at lvl 80, I was dead in 2 hits (1 for the shield, and one for the life). As a result, this phase never progress.

I did a VT with a very good group of 19-22k. The only problem I saw on this one is during the laser phase of Valindra. The shadows are way too fast and attack WAY TOO QUICKLY. Don't forget you guys removed the speed of our characters. Even I (tank) died once on the second laser phase, because the shadows are too fast, I can't out-walk them (no sprint on tank...) and considering they eat the stamina I can't block anything and I end up dying like the other members. It's doable, but way too hard for the poor chest at the end.

I also did a FBI on RAQ. No problem here. The removal of everfrost damage is very appreciated, we did not have any issues with this dungeon.

• dingrongdingrong Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    yesterday i finished CR with no problems .. 27 mins , today i cant finish kessel ... this is bad work
  • axyremaxyrem Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    dolrey said:

I'm in love in this game now. Difficulty is right there where it should be (no trolling). Finally players should respect mechanics of bosses and dodge red zones. Please don't nerf difficulty. It is fine. Players just need some time to remember how they played this content before it had became easy as abc in mod 4.

Probably you just can increase rewards (or amount of astral diamonds gained from dungeons by about 20%) to let players accommodate easier and to make players interested in tryhard.

Really no trolling. You made this game live again. Thank you.

then i am sure you can solo Group content since no one will join groups as it is right now...
    Do you have a god mode character by chance ?
    I dont think with the tiny choice of skills and powers since Mod 16 that theres any way to create a godlicke or let it just be a very good build anymore.....
    your big mouth wont bring my guild mates back nor the rage quitters ...
  • mizzb#2799 mizzb Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    This mod 16 is more terrible then i thought.. omg.. 4 yrs of playing down the drain... Im sad and mad at the same time.. But time to move on to a game with developers who listen to their playerbase...Laterz
  • gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    dolrey said:

Please don't mislead developers that it is impossible to play. Just souw a bit more patience and perseverance and you will get success in completing all content.

You obviously haven't gotten dumped into a solo quest instance leveled down to a single gray level 60 up against a pack of orange level 71 mobs yet.

Please get back to us with your elite tips when you do.
  • adders79#8251 adders79 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Firstly all the skirmishes need toning down considering it picks 5 of any class for these. If you get unlucky and don't get a healer it's game over.

I haven't played advanced queue but in RIQ everything but EToS is a mess one shots galore, enemies with too much HP. Also enemies run way too fast in dungeons considering some classes have no mobility now.
    If the item level for a queue is 12k a group of 12k players should be able go complete it albeit with difficulty. I don't how quickly you can fix pretty much every dungeon but you need to and fast players are already leaving
  • bajancloakbajancloak Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    I have only done a few RIQ so far but here are my thoughts.
    1) Demo - People have forgotten how to play. Running all over the place. No plan like in the old days.
    2) Manycoins - very doable with the right team. Did it today with no real issues.
    3) Pugging will get you many many deaths. I did about 15 Pugs of the RIQ and failed hard each time. Finally had to form a group of my own. This will have a massive impact on those you have limited playtime. AD generation will be cut in half until something is done about it.
    4). The biggest impact seems to be on pallys who have to learn a no way to tank. The vast majority of people are not on the forums so I can only assume they had a massive shock yesterday.
  • drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    dolrey said:

So, I would like to say to other players that you just should play right from the point of view of mmorpg mechanics. You no longer can roll in and smash everything on your way being immortal.

And it is normal for every good mmo to have challenging content. If you have failed then just think what you did wrong and improve yourself. All content (except few bugged dungeons) can be completed but you just have to show more coordination tactics and personal skill. That is all.

Ps: that pleasant feeling when you completed something really difficult.. Do you remember it? :)

"all content except all the content you're actually required to run for AD is fine" is not fine.

No, this isn't a case of "you just haven't adapted yet/you don't know what you're doing/you're doing it wrong". NOTHING in game is supposed to be able to 1-shot a tank that meets the gear requirement to queue for that instance. Period, full stop, end of story. And yet JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING currently is. There are more instances that can't be completed because trash is hitting 200k+ than there are instances that could theoretically be completed. The only "you're doing it wrong" that's possible when a current-available-BIS tank gets instagibbed every single pull is the fact you're still playing.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    But it's all "in a good place", right? Isn't that the party line?

This reeks of some suit or lawyer decreeing a release date based on contractual obligations. This is nowhere near ready.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • melzie#3799 melzie Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I was in the river district today. Mostly just hanging out and watching what was happening. Not one time did anyone beat the treasure ship. The boss would get half way down and then fully heal and call reinforcements and wipe out everyone. That is not balanced.
  • chancellorurzchancellorurz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @mentinmindmaker said:
    > It is not only scaling that is messing things up.
    >
    > I have had several runs in RQs where game did not compose party properly. We were missing either tank or heal.
    >
    > This happened in Heist, IG and Folly.

This. Since Mod 16 going live, I have been unable to complete a single random queue, because there are so many deaths by party members to trash mobs....every one just quits the instance. These queues were missing either a healer or tank. One party composition was 3xrogues, 1xwarlock and a ranger in Kessell retreat. The first 10 trash mobs of the dungeon just kept killing us over and over (ping ponging to each party member). I am a level 70 rogue with 12k IL. I have only been playing Neverwinter for four months (and was really enjoying the game going through the campaigns), but this is frustrating now. If the dungeons are working as intended, I have to move to another game. I'm getting nowhere with random teams, I don't play consistent enough to keep a "static" queue group.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Mobs move too fast in dungeons.

It is now impossible to outrun the wraiths in Valindra's Tower at the end boss stage.

Who made them move so fast!???

And no I was not using Darks in Mod 15 in Utilities, so it isn't because of that.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User

In Tiamat any hit from any mob instakilled me. After 10+ deaths I had to abandon it.
    It would be nice if you remove it from Random queue until it's fixed.

a few tiamats and more reported by alliance and guild mates.. of the clerics unable to be defended.. all 3 , no blue at all in any of the progress bars.. with a full instance for many tries I saw a good 10m into the trial. heist of manycoins.. 10 tries ,at least 10 different players ,could not save the vault . came close but the 3rd wave was not even close to doable.

the ratio of the how the algorithm/offset .. what ever calculation that was used pre-mod 16 to downscale my lvl70 to say a cloak tower or MoH instance (the only 2 that ever seem to pop btw) felt like after many years of it being attempted was almost there .. most lvl70 just a little too buff for the content.

I thought it was working out what ever it was you were doing there but now... fubar is about the only thing I can think of.
    :#
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    vordayn said:

Mobs move too fast in dungeons.

It is now impossible to outrun the wraiths in Valindra's Tower at the end boss stage.

Who made them move so fast!???

And no I was not using Darks in Mod 15 in Utilities, so it isn't because of that.

Best part is? This got called out in week 1 on preview, and never fixed. I'm not 100% positive but I'm pretty sure one of the closed-alpha testers (pre-preview) called it out, Adnosii alluded to it, and it never got fixed. Hell as far as I know it was never even acknowledged.