test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dont listen to the negative feedback

jakeesanjakeesan Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited April 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
All any one does now-a-days is hate on every new game or big update in any game. Mod16 is freakin awesome. Ill admit the warlock needs a little buff, but the rest is simply great. Every thing feels better.

Moderator edited title to be less aggressive.
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• garioredgariored Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2019

jakeesan said:

All any one does now-a-days is hate on every new game or big update in any game. Mod16 is freakin awesome. Ill admit the warlock needs a little buff, but the rest is simply great. Every thing feels better.

How you explain that we can not fight and kill some mobs that previously was a peace of cake?????
    honestly? they still are..at least for my HR and DC (haven't played my other alts yet) only difference is that it takes a few second longer now

I'm even seeing other player killing things faster than me and actually "playing" rather than running up and smashing the HAMSTER out of mobs and moving on to the next batch

all in all this change was / had to happen at the rate this game was going with its gear /stat cap

but I won't lie, certain....group content needs to be reworked for this new system
    Post edited by gariored on
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User

jakeesan said:

How you explain that we can not fight and kill some mobs that previously was a peace of cake?????
    If you were playing it at the intended level then, as you are now, it wouldn't have been a piece of cake? I'm not gonna troll ya', as tempting as it is, but this game has been far too easy for far too long. I'm finding that now, instead of button mashing, I'm actually having to use rotations, I'm even finding that stance swaps on my ranger have a purpose now, instead of just being inconvenient for my melee ranger. I've actually had to think a couple of times, except on my assassin, which is still devouring content, even though I had to do a couple skill swap ins for solo work.

I've seen a video of the skilled players running content on the test server; they would have never been able to level up if it weren't for the ease of the game previous to this update. How do I know? Because in my 5 year hiatus from here, I was in games where "standing in stupid" would get you killed, and yet, watching these "pros" at work, I had to shake my head in disbelief that given how they managed to wipe, they had the nerve to post the video that said, in a nutshell "Watch us stand in stupid and wipe, and then blame the update for our woes". They got used to all the crutches the game threw out, and now? They have to actually learn to play, or relearn, and it's killing them.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Today I take my 14k( 11k in mod15) toon for a spin in prophecy of madness. I played her as a stormwarden archer as usual and its are terrible. Electric shot hit like 600+ per hit ( It use to hit 13k in mod 15). After like 5 to 6 electric shot, I still barely get a shadow demon hp down by 2%. Then a TR swoop in and stab it for like 40-50% of its hp. After it end, paingiver chart show my damage is the worst, summing up to around 300k+. Everyone does around 1mil+. The 2nd worst did around 800k+. In mod 15 with the same playstyle, this toon use to be in 2nd or 3rd place and its dps has never been that worse.

Welp, I guess Cryptic studio still has no clue about what they are doing. Chance has been given. In fact its been given far too many time since mod 6. Its time to wrap thing up.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    kangkeok said:

Today I take my 14k( 11k in mod15) toon for a spin in prophecy of madness. I played her as a stormwarden archer as usual and its are terrible. Electric shot hit like 600+ per hit

To me that says your character is not built right. What are your offensive stats? Have you Maxed out ArPen? If not, your DPS gets reduced massively. What about your Accuracy, Crit and CA? Which weapon enchant are you using - I mean some build choices that were good before are just not that great any more.

Adapt or die.

Hoping for improvements...
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Overall I am happy with these changes, they had to happen, the alternative of leaving the increasingly unbalanced mess was the worst possible thing to do. Having said that, there are always gripes, for me clerics should not be outhealed by warlocks, but hopefully with the new system it will be easier for the developers to fine tune the balance, something that could not be done before.
  • silvertailsilvertail Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    Mod 16 (ie the 71-80 content) is pretty good. There are bugs in it but it feels ok for the most part except the problem with finding mobs as is normal with new mods. However any content that scales you is bad. It doesn't matter if you are lvl 30 being scaled to 20. The lvl 20 mobs hit harder in some cases then the lvl 30 mobs. If you just stay in the lvl 80 content then you will have no worries and lets face it most of the end game players don't need to leave it. It's the rest of us and the up and coming that are going to have the problems.
    stealth is survival skills (and not tanking skills, that is really different)
    stealth is damage
    stealth is mobility
    stealth is everything
    everything is stealth
    Stealth make TR OP, but lack of stealth make TR useless.
  • tharealcuber#2975 tharealcuber Member Posts: 28 Arc User

If you just stay in the lvl 80 content then you will have no worries and lets face it most of the end game players don't need to leave it. It's the rest of us and the up and coming that are going to have the problems.

Not so much, 4 weekly guild tasks have you repeat quests in earlier campaign zones (dread ring, sharandar, icewind dale and well of dragons). If those zones become a "challenge" (but in reality will take too much time and trouble to complete) it will be though getting resources guilds need a lot of to upgrade.

And how about all the other dungeons? Gets tedious enough as it is now, you want end game players to only play the 1 new level 80 dungeon?

I do not mind the zones/dungeons to become more of a challenge, but I do want to see that a level 71-80 character is more effective than a level <70 character.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2019

If you just stay in the lvl 80 content then you will have no worries and lets face it most of the end game players don't need to leave it.

Actually, that's not quite accurate. You get 3 "Challenge campaign" quests per week, which will send you back to older, lower level content. Those quests give tokens (15 per week) that you can use to purchase things like the new ranks of Enchanting Stones and Marks of Potency (rank 7). That's really worthwhile, even for veteran players who have finished all the campaigns.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Imo yu arent a endgamer if yu post a discussion like this try to be 20k and run demogorgon or etos or just go to se how bad hit yu downscale and after we can talk. #hotfixdownscale
  • manufracturemanufracture Member Posts: 92 Arc User

jakeesan said:

If you were playing it at the intended level then, as you are now, it wouldn't have been a piece of cake? I'm not gonna troll ya', as tempting as it is, but this game has been far too easy for far too long. I'm finding that now, instead of button mashing, I'm actually having to use rotations, I'm even finding that stance swaps on my ranger have a purpose now, instead of just being inconvenient for my melee ranger. I've actually had to think a couple of times, except on my assassin, which is still devouring content, even though I had to do a couple skill swap ins for solo work.

I've seen a video of the skilled players running content on the test server; they would have never been able to level up if it weren't for the ease of the game previous to this update. How do I know? Because in my 5 year hiatus from here, I was in games where "standing in stupid" would get you killed, and yet, watching these "pros" at work, I had to shake my head in disbelief that given how they managed to wipe, they had the nerve to post the video that said, in a nutshell "Watch us stand in stupid and wipe, and then blame the update for our woes". They got used to all the crutches the game threw out, and now? They have to actually learn to play, or relearn, and it's killing them.
    The thing though is that this should be happening in NEW content...not old content....just a thought

Mod 16 (ie the 71-80 content) is pretty good. There are bugs in it but it feels ok for the most part except the problem with finding mobs as is normal with new mods. However any content that scales you is bad. It doesn't matter if you are lvl 30 being scaled to 20. The lvl 20 mobs hit harder in some cases then the lvl 30 mobs. If you just stay in the lvl 80 content then you will have no worries and lets face it most of the end game players don't need to leave it. It's the rest of us and the up and coming that are going to have the problems.

I really want to buy into the hype, I really do, but to use your exact example:

Neverdeath Cemetary heroic dragon, dead in three seconds. I literally got one shot on it before it was over. It would seem that this myth of "scaling is going to kill the newbies is just that, a myth. Before the update, the dragon took 2-3 minutes to kill, on the outside.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
    adinosii said:

kangkeok said:

Today I take my 14k( 11k in mod15) toon for a spin in prophecy of madness. I played her as a stormwarden archer as usual and its are terrible. Electric shot hit like 600+ per hit

To me that says your character is not built right. What are your offensive stats? Have you Maxed out ArPen? If not, your DPS gets reduced massively. What about your Accuracy, Crit and CA? Which weapon enchant are you using - I mean some build choices that were good before are just not that great any more.

Adapt or die or leave.

fixed it for ya
  • nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    jakeesan said:

Being one positive thread in a sea of countless negative ones doesn't exactly help them keep the lights on. I logged in briefly for a moment yesterday just to gauge the player reaction and it was a lot of dread. One person told me they spent two hours on one character just to resort and organize everything. This is bad design from the start. Personally I don't know when I will log in to do my two hours to actually test things out or whatever. The entire system is complicated and unnecessary. The removal of %'s on the mouse-over of stats was a mistake. Like are average players supposed to take their stat number, subtract X number, then divide by Y, just to find out what their % to crit is ? That's a bit much. Idk. I hope it shapes up, I probably won't jump in until everything settles, if at all.

adinosii said:

kangkeok said:

Adapt or die or leave.

fixed it for ya
    I thought you already left? Just spamming how you're gonna so you can drum up some sympathy or something?

adinosii said:

kangkeok said:

Adapt or die or leave.

fixed it for ya
    I thought you already left? Just spamming how you're gonna so you can drum up some sympathy or something?
    Nah I'm bored and still living to my old habits which are generally playing NW or reading the forums and commenting when I think I have something I wanna say..........the gameplay is gone so I am now doing this....but once I have moved on I will probably be reading other forums and doing the same thing before they break something and the cycle begins....

adinosii said:

kangkeok said:

Adapt or die or leave.

fixed it for ya
    Nah I'm bored and still living to my old habits which are generally playing NW or reading the forums and commenting when I think I have something I wanna say..........the gameplay is gone so I am now doing this....but once I have moved on I will probably be reading other forums and doing the same thing before they break something and the cycle begins....
    I literally just went through that very thing in an older Korean Grinder, only their update really did break the game. They did a "balance" pass, but didn't do all the classes at the same time, and nerfed half of the ones they did into the ground, and broke a dps class trying to turn it into a tank...
  • fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
    A lot of the underlying systematic changes are very good things. Companions, refinement, those are big QOL improvements, and the overall philosophy change for tanking and healing is good; healers having finite resources but elastic output is good, and tanks operating on threat instead of hard taunts, and being able to take more than a couple of hits in a row is also good. Removing the triple healthbar from paladins is a small and fair price to pay for all three tanks to be usable in the same content.

My biggest complaint, even above the slower pace and counterintuitive ability score situation, is the relatively oppressive design of the tanking classes; too many feats lock you into a completely preset power list, and there are too many weak, uninspiring, or simply unclear choices.

Mod 16 is not a deathknell for the game, but all three tanks need a redesign with feats focused on supporting playstyles, not picking all your powers for you.

• feuerwolf#3519 feuerwolf Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    jakeesan said:

So you like the new mod... great for you. I really hate the changes... so what? Everybody has a right for his/her own opinion.
  • durgan#5731 durgan Member Posts: 28 Arc User

jakeesan said:

Being one positive thread in a sea of countless negative ones doesn't exactly help them keep the lights on. I logged in briefly for a moment yesterday just to gauge the player reaction and it was a lot of dread. One person told me they spent two hours on one character just to resort and organize everything. This is bad design from the start. Personally I don't know when I will log in to do my two hours to actually test things out or whatever. The entire system is complicated and unnecessary. The removal of %'s on the mouse-over of stats was a mistake. Like are average players supposed to take their stat number, subtract X number, then divide by Y, just to find out what their % to crit is ? That's a bit much. Idk. I hope it shapes up, I probably won't jump in until everything settles, if at all.

Same. I log on, invoke, tend guild structures and log off. My pally can do fights, slower than it used to, because a tanking pally sooooooo needed to kill things a lot slower...my rogue just dies so nope-sauce on that. I'm waiting to see if anyone can come up with a guide that works under this system. Right now, though, I have zero interest in dumping resources into something that either MUST change to be fun, or is a waste of time trying to make it work. Some will thrive in the game. Yay for them.
  • durgan#5731 durgan Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2019

I dislike comments of "this game now sucks, see ya, good-bye" but I also dislike comments labeling people who are critical of particular changes as "haters" and other BS. I mean should we label you a brown noser fanboy? No.

All games need updates and improvements, NW is no different. (quote cut to frame the parts I agree with, or pertain to me as a player:) although people who had gear focused on that (lifesteal) did get screwed.

But overall and all changes taken as a whole? Mod16 is really making me consider leaving the game. Cryptic seems to have this idea of how people should play their game... for reasons and I just don't like their idea of game play.

Always had a problem with being forced to play the game the way the dev's wanted me to, rather than an experienced MMO player such as myself should have the option to do so. I do appreciate the idea of DPS clerics, but now, more than ever the pressure is on for healers to be professional players rather than a casual fun romp through a dungeon. A dungeon isn't a raid. Eh well, I didn't really expect them to listen to us, but it would have been a pleasant surprise. Oh, that whole 'professions will take less time in Mod 15? Yeah, that was a lie :expressionless:

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Oh, that whole 'professions will take less time in Mod 15? Yeah, that was a lie :expressionless:

Well, if you get frustrated enough with the new system that you don't do professions, you don't spend any time on professions, right?

If you think about it that way, spending no time at all is less time than Mod 14 and prior.
    :trollface:

The entire system is complicated and unnecessary. The removal of %'s on the mouse-over of stats was a mistake. Like are average players supposed to take their stat number, subtract X number, then divide by Y, just to find out what their % to crit is ? That's a bit much. Idk. I hope it shapes up, I probably won't jump in until everything settles, if at all.

Besides needing to play the numbers game to even live, you know what's even "better"?

The fact that enemy stat values are not communicated anywhere in the game.
    So even if players make sense of the stats, they will have 0 clue on how to build relative to enemy besides "pick (x) stat and pray it works".

Isn't this mod designed to ease in new players so they can experience this Blunder Mountain setting? :trollface:

• mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    jakeesan said:

One of the developments with how Mod 16 has emerged is down to LOTS of negative comments being listened to by the Devs.
    Not everything, but a LOT.
    When it first hit Preview much of it was, to quote George Conway, "A HAMSTER show in a dumpster fire". Lots of negative comments were made, and lots of things changed.
    What we see now is actually very different to how it first landed on Preview and while a lot of the feedback, particularly early o was very positive in it's negativity, (if that makes sense) it was, nevertheless, highly critical.

We saw massive changes to companions, some good, some bad. We only got Mounts in a position where Epic and Legendary bonuses were worth having at the last minute last week.
    We had a completely different stat to percentage ratio, and monsters stats were all a fixed flat number.

So negative comments can be very good.

Scaling still needs fixing. It does... I don't care how much happy clappy, smile at the sky, positivity anyone wants to try and convey... it just does.

What I would say to those making the pointlessly negative comments is this.

If all you are doing is jumping on the bandwagon of slagging off Mod 16 because you suddenly find that it's not the same as it was...
    First of all... Well done... you've got as far as realising that it's very different to what it was before.
    Second of all... You are informing NO ONE of something they don't know when you point out that Mod 16 is different.
    Third... you've been testing the new system for all of, what... a DAY... at the moment? As far as learning the best and most effective ways to play in the new version, you will probably need a lot more tie than that. Or as long as it takes your favourite blogger to tell you how to play...

There are a large number of issues that will need fixing.
    "You're killing the game cos my Pally has no Temp HP... how am I supposed to survive!!!" type posts show two things.
    1 you've not understood the changes yet... give it time.
    2 you've no idea how feedback works.

Find a Youtuber who shares your views and go shout and scream into their echo chamber comments board. They'll love the attention, and feel validated, and you'll have found some new friends. Sadly you won't be able to join up with them and play in game since they'll all be quitting and taking their "Friends" who spend lots of money, with them.
  • linstedlinsted Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Well, for what it is worth.
    I have been playing this game for years, even had a version on the old Amiga 500. I have stuck with it through thick and thin. Being no good at the game I still enjoyed leveling up my players to 60, then 70 and deleting them and starting again.
    However I recently bought a tiger companion for my level 70 guardian fighter foolishly, thought like other purchases it was for all characters and for life, I would lose it if I deleted this character. I have just been annihilated by some level 50 bad guys.
    I have ten character slots and recently started a new character. For the first time in all my years I revived three players in the Blacklake leveling Melee, seriously that is bad, bad for new players especially.
    For me, that is the end. Goodbye and thanks for all the good times. Games are supposed to be fun, this one isn't any longer.
    My opinion for what it is worth.
    Long, long term player.