test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pally nerffed to death! Is this supposed to be fun?

devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
HI,
Of course I am all about a challenge but after all the new changes my pally is worthless. For example I am catching up with the older quests and being a lvl 70 in a lvl 57 area with the full Vistani gear I have been able to go through them easily. Now I cannot kill a single boss. I also checked and it's not as if my fighting lvl was dropped for this area as well. I am a ret pally and my last build was a great balance between DPS and tank. I guess what I am asking is with feats gone and powers nerffed how do I achieve a similar build? Should I be patient and wait till someone posts a good explanation of the new system? After all the hard work to build a good char this isn't fun anymore.

Cheers,
Ulfrik Dragonsyre
Hero of Neverwinter
Retribution Paladin of the realm
Siring quality Dragons for mounts and pets

Comments

• brandemisbrandemis Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    am agree paladin is USELESS!!! thanks Cryptic!!!
  • valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    Try doing the Aq Inc last mission with the rustmonster as a ranger. its impossible. I understand cryptic wanted group dungeouns to be harder but they broke the solo game in the process. I wont be around to wait for a fix for this disaster. its so bad. Iwas a wait and see guy before but im doomsaying now. this is probably the end of neverwinter so don't spend money on this game.
  • nemesrichnemesrich Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    I remember foresee the consequences of changes to paladin 2 months ago, told it on the forum and people called me idiot.
  • welshdemonwelshdemon Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    i really really hate to say it but I do agree with u all my pally is not in a good place at the moment and I really dont see how it can become any worse,as u said devs maybe wont read this but I would like to think with such a big rework they would at least read some forums
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    Things that are wrong with M16 pallys.

1. They can't tank. The change to their class mechanic shield is GARBAGE!!!!!
    2. They are S L O W. They always moved slow but had feats to help that and movement enhancements. They always killed slow in solo but had enough resistance to just duke it out till they killed everything. Now they are slow at everything and because of this now die more.
    3. The divinity mechanic is GARBAGE!!!!! Why are you nerfing this class to HELL with this restriction and no other (Clerics have their own problems)? Almost half of the pally's encounters are now behind a divinity paywall... for reasons. Did you think this would be... fun?!?!
    4. They can't buff. I mean why have a pally in a party? I can think of no reason what so ever.

I mean I am on the forums and reddit and the NW FB, and twitter pretty regularly. No time do I remember ANY player asking for any of this. I mean the hubris it took to disregard years of class development from previous game developers who created and built NW and these classes and the players who play it and just decide "no, I (we) are developer geniuses, this is how this should world and they will love it". The ego is staggering.
  • devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Well I have been playing now for several hours and my impression is they made leveling more of a grind by dropping EXP in half and virtually none for mobs. Shielding Strike is ok but moved up to lvl 71 and Radiant Strike was nuked we may as well be hitting with a marshmallow. Templar's Wrath dps is up a bit but lost all of it's overlapping hit points and Sacred Weapon dropped a few dps and almost doubles the cool-down. We also have no Aura of Courage.

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    The irony in this is that during the last big rework, when max level got bumped from 60 to 70 in M6, the Pally was the new class that provided the best survivability in game. Bubbledins were essential for dungeon parties to survive.

• jikjaxjikjax Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Agree. My pally is trash class now. Completely un-fun. Very disappointed and moving on.
  • andyufcfanandyufcfan Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I don't understand how developers can totally ruin so many things (or a whole game) in a single update. I'm going to enjoy m last 2 months on mod 15 xbox before it's uninstalled.
  • cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User
    > @pitmonster#5684 said:

> Why are you nerfing this class to HELL with this restriction and no other?

Do you honestly think yours is the only class that got nerfed?

Do you pla the TR? That class has been NERFED at least 4 times. And, their paragon trees are BROKEN now.
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
  • fatherfungus#6584 fatherfungus Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    It is funny, Ranger bows are now WORTHLESS...but the melee is ok if you can spread out your big attacks. Biggest headache I have is forgetting to switch to melee on zoning. Try to rush the mob and end up rushing backwards...lol
    It would be nice if the ranger could set the default attack mode as bow or melee. If your ranger, invest in good blades/axes.
    Bow attacks are trash and a fraction of the damage of melee.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    I have removed the tab keybinding for my Paladin. The divinity drain of that ability is just not worth it.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    This needs to be ROLLED BACK. The entire idea.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Brothers... your days of facerolling on the keyboard... are... OVER!!!!

/reference (although this would be better suited to a GWF thread)
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User

Brothers... your days of facerolling on the keyboard... are... OVER!!!!

/reference (although this would be better suited to a GWF thread)

LOL! I understand your premise here, I get it. And normally I'd agree. But in this case the LAST thing Neverwinter needs is less options. The paladin has less skin in the game now, and a lot more cookie dough... I'm a builder and theorycrafter in any D&D game. This M16 is a major game changer for theorycrafters for most/all classes.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    cabar1 said:

> @pitmonster#5684 said:

> Why are you nerfing this class to HELL with this restriction and no other?

Do you honestly think yours is the only class that got nerfed?

Do you pla the TR? That class has been NERFED at least 4 times. And, their paragon trees are BROKEN now.

I agree, my SW has been nerrfed as well and VERY disappointingly so has my cleric. She used to do massive DPS which made up for her thin skin now she's a paper weight. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!? 4 lvl 70 chars and not a one can hold a candle to the old build.

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
  • aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User

I don't understand how developers can totally ruin so many things (or a whole game) in a single update. I'm going to enjoy m last 2 months on mod 15 xbox before it's uninstalled.

They botched it equally horribly the last time they raised the level cap. It took six *months* for things to start to get back on track. And I would argue that they botched it worse this time with, so far, only *one* point in their favor...

Namely, the new content does not consist of "Go to zone. Repeat the exact same vigilance quest 16 times. Advance 200 feet deeper into zone. Repeat ad infinitum."

• nijinski#0551 nijinski Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    My OP is rocking her way through Undermountain, levelled to 80 with no problems using my L70 gear.

Have I had to adjust a bit ? Yes

Do I still have a playable OP ? Yes

Can I tank in dungeons ? Um, nope, the maxim in red is dead applies to OP now as well, learn to move.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

My OP is rocking her way through Undermountain, levelled to 80 with no problems using my L70 gear.

Have I had to adjust a bit ? Yes

Do I still have a playable OP ? Yes

Can I tank in dungeons ? Um, nope, the maxim in red is dead applies to OP now as well, learn to move.

I agree soloing the new zone is fun - I've done it and had few issues.

BUT - How many dungeons have you played since M16 dropped? I've tried a few - and if you are running an RIQ - INTERMEDIATE - in a PUG the odds of success are really low. Players wipe, quit, get replaced by other players who wipe, quit, get replaced by other players who.....I ran a Malabog instance like this. In 20 minutes we only made it through the first gate - and then I realized I was all ALONE. On MALABOG.
    Tried a few dungeons, Tuern was fine, nDemo was a disaster, we got absolutely murdered. RLQ was no real problem.

Haven't tried any of the high end stuff yet, still getting a feel for how the new stuff works, today will be looking at L80 gear and stats seeing as I hit 80 last night
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    mobs/ringleaders were casting "chain-cast" forcing me to run, and run, and run, then keep running to stay alive and not able to stop and hit them back. i see no cooldown for them while we are getting penalized.

think nerf bat is funny? not to angry players. here we go, another Mod 6 repeated, devs seem never learn the mistake and history repeated. are we expecting Mod 26 as next mod 6 again? we are no longer being fooled, it wont be 3rd time and it is unforgivable.

since it is almost unplayeable in some dungeons and still not completed, then most players would just revert back to invoking the alts for months until they get tired if it and move on, my alts are just now 'dust collecting mules'.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i was told by other player, in order to survive, i must have 80k in defense base, and i only got 58k defense value as a tank. isnt they joking? i have 19k item base fighter and they said it doesnt mean anything. i am so shocked, none of my enchants were near that high, only got 2-3 rank 14s and most of other enchants i have at lowest rank so far at 10 on my main character.
    few are ready to upgrade but cant afford high priced and paywall tokens. i am looking at cash grab created by devs and guys in suits that are too greedy and seem never had enough.
  • moosedawgmoosedawg Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 2019
    Don't feel bad, they ruined the cleric too. Everything that was fun about playing a DPS cleric is gone. It USED to be my favorite class to play. I'm pretty much loathing it right now.
    I'm respeccing from power heavy to defence heavy, it does make more sense for a tank
  • valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    The new divinity gimmick is a joke on both cleric and pally. Waaay too slow of a recharge time. Who ever came up with this idea should be fired.
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    Been playing my Pally in heal spec with my group and its working fine. Did a couple of PUGs and aside from a nDemo run disaster, was mostly fine. Couple of things

1) Teamwork pays. All three of the trinary are important.

2) Just cuz you can spam heals that have zero cooldown does not mean you should. I've run out of divinity once in the first day of play. And EVERYBODY needs to learn to put heal potions back on their keybinds.

3) Threat. How many of you have noticed the threat markers above where you party roster portraits used to be? This is an absolutely magnificent mechanic. And I'll bet 99% of ppl haven't even noticed it.

I really miss my Burnadin but that's gone now. Moving on.