test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All toons ruined

dreadheartdreadheart Member Posts: 39 Arc User
This update is the worse, Rangers, Warlocks, Wizards, and GF have been totally ruined, it is like they never were there.
What happened no seasomed testers, to test the changes or is ARC trying to scare all the old times that have been playing Neverwinter since the begining.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Why weren't you on preview testing?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    I love it.. finally something new and fresh instead of buffbot like in previous mod.
  • mysticsummer#5120 mysticsummer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I played the preview and my warlock was as the original, minus a few of my favorite powers. Now, as a level 70, I have difficulty killing level 28s without help. This is not going to be worth playing like this.
  • drecq87drecq87 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Seems to be a growing theme in the industry..."lets kill off our consumer base..."
  • dreadheartdreadheart Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    This is bad ARC should be ashamed of them self up till now this was a great game better then WOW.

• pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    There are certain things I get such as trying to balance out damage and get scaling working. Even the removal of life steal makes sense as long as the content is modified to take that in account for soloing.

My problems are the removal of more complex choices in the feats tree and paths and powers. I also dislike what was done to the pally in that its only real strength was it was almost un-killable and now its a bleeding mess begging for healing.

I simply do not remember anyone on the forums, and I am on here a lot, complaining about too many choices in powers and such. Now many have noted how some were rather useless but removing them is a very cheap and lazy way to fix that, they should be changed or improved.

IDK, the powers and stats along feel like a 2D cardboard character now. Meh.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    The reasoning behind some of the changes was spot-on.
    • Lifesteal was frankly absurd and encouraged bad behaviour, like "standing in the red".
    • Buffing was excessive, allowing players to ignore mechanics and almost insta-kill anything
    Unfortunately, some of the design decisions were just awful
    • Making primary stats irrelevant is bad.
    • Taking away build choices is bad.
    • removing the need for communication and synchronization in group play is at least questionable.
    • Minimizing differences between players is bad.
    • Reducing playstyle options is bad.
    • Devaluing hard work and investments in things like enchantments is bad.
    • Implementing downscaling through capping is really bad.
    What they wanted to fix was fine...how they did it was not...and we told them, over and over.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • k170#4488 k170 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Have been playing this game for years must have spent thousands of hours building my characters how i wanted them.
    Oh and it is not just time i have spent on this game but money as well,
    Well after this newest update you guys in charge have done a great job revamping the game.
    All my hard work wiped out in one update my tanks cannot stay alive long enough to tank my companions are only a shadow of what the were.
    But its not a problem i found a solution to this you just have to press the uninstall button so you wont be getting any more of my money.
    You peeps just ruined the best online game on the net well done
    Goodbye Neverwinter!
  • robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    To me the worst part of U16 is Removal of heals from companions.

I haven't used lifesteal much in the past, because companions were sufficient for me (I'm not talking about RAQ or REQ), but I think it should be left as an option for those who know how to use it (just a nerf would suffice in cases where it was outperforming).

Smoke bomb on my Rogue has a huge timer now (Why did they removed Recovery? Was it over performing?), so less fun to play.

It feels like all of my toons do like 10 times less damage, maybe it would be ok, but combined with no heals from companions it makes this game no fun to play.

I usually didn't play RAQ or REQ, because it was no fun to me, but I understand those who seek challenge and played it (and had fun). But now almost every content is no fun (even the boss HE in Dread Ring takes ages to kill, and we almost failed it, lol).
  • madjohny#9847 madjohny Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    evryone who tested prewiew etc knew whats coming so they just got tired of the S.H.I.T and said nothing and just left.