test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher patching after exit and not prior to start?

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
Anyone else see this issue? I launch and play the game with the patch on demand off. I can wait for the game to update at the start but it hasn't. I play for an hour or two, log out, and exit. Upon exit it returns to the launcher and starts to patch. I cancel because I have other things to do. But if I don't cancel, it does this over and over. This seems to happen with each and every new module just days before it goes live and I find it very annoying.

I will be taking a few days off from the game (if not the week) because I know how bugged Cyptic start ups get.

Have Fun! <3
wb-cenders.gif

Comments

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    It's the pre-patch for the new mod. It always patches after you sign out of the game.
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    avoiding the battlefield until the land mines get defused might actually be a decent idea.

at least your blood-pressure will thank you
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    I never do preview, that is just pre-alpha tweaking
    the real beta testing is probably at least the first 2 months of going live.
    ;)

it isn't all that bad.. after 3 months or so, everything will be back to business as usual, I would imagine
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

It's the pre-patch for the new mod. It always patches after you sign out of the game.

I copied the prepatch folder from preview to live and that stopped it. Thanks.
    See all of you this weekend, assuming there isn't an apocalypse.
    wb-cenders.gif