test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Providing Feedback

124»

Comments

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    *and it took them 6+ mods to get things back in line. Actually many player are concerned about the fact, that progress is disabled by scaling and all have to grind the same old dungeons again and again under far worse conditions, taking twice as long. So in the end you get sold the same old content in much less rewarding shape. This can only be enjoyed by new player, tons of long term player will leave and the new ones will recognize pretty fast what misses.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

This can only be enjoyed by new player, tons of long term player will leave and the new ones will recognize pretty fast what misses.

Well, I think some "long term players" will simply just stay away from lower level content. Spend a bit of time on the new L80 content and nothing else. Many of the "veteran" players have already completed all the campaigns and gotten all the boons. They may go back to older content to help guildmates, join random queues or do the 3 weekly "challenge campaign" quests, but the motivation to do so is just reduced because of the stat capping.

Hoping for improvements...
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    As a veteran my plan is:
    Focus on Expeditions and Undermountain HEs.
    Run Alliance Challenge Campaign groups.
    Do Alliance RLQ and RIQ.
    Do Influence runs on weekends.

I actually gained meaningful things to do, both solo and with the Alliance!
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

As a veteran my plan is:
    Focus on Expeditions and Undermountain HEs.
    Run Alliance Challenge Campaign groups.
    Do Alliance RLQ and RIQ.
    Do Influence runs on weekends.

I actually gained meaningful things to do, both solo and with the Alliance!

Collect key, go back to discords.

When the game can't provide anything above a glorious chat client for a while, then there are better chat clients around..
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    adinosii said:

This can only be enjoyed by new player, tons of long term player will leave and the new ones will recognize pretty fast what misses.

Well, I think some "long term players" will simply just stay away from lower level content. Spend a bit of time on the new L80 content and nothing else. Many of the "veteran" players have already completed all the campaigns and gotten all the boons. They may go back to older content to help guildmates, join random queues or do the 3 weekly "challenge campaign" quests, but the motivation to do so is just reduced because of the stat capping.

except for a good long while there will be very little to do at level 80 and there will only ever be 2 dungeons that aren't scaled. that isn't enough to keep long term bis players engaged. the other thing they could do to help retain bis players is to make the old bis dungeons NOT scale. or scale a lot lot less than they do now. tong, crl, codg should be level 80. really most of the old dungeons would be best as level 80. they are going to be ridiculously hard for any passing thru level 70's . I mean for someone who is levelling from the beginning.. they're going to have HAMSTER gear at level 70. they won't even have hunt gear. maybe they'll make it a lot easier to get the crl gear, but even then they will probably have r 8's. atm going into chult with r 11's and decent hunt gear I'm getting wrecked. I've always looked at it like, if you can't do chult you don' thave a chance in hell at doing tong.. and the difficulty from what I've heard is still very up there undoable really. at mod 15 levels.
    I think we all know as a fresh level 70 you aren't ready for tong. you just aren't. and then boom before they know it they are level 71. ... no one is going to do old content. the new people will be undergeared for it and the old timers will be under geared for it by design.

I really think the scaling and the 1000/1 together might be part of the problem. it's really not ready imo. more tinkering desperately needs to happen.
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User

adinosii said:

except for a good long while there will be very little to do at level 80 and there will only ever be 2 dungeons that aren't scaled. that isn't enough to keep long term bis players engaged. the other thing they could do to help retain bis players is to make the old bis dungeons NOT scale. or scale a lot lot less than they do now. tong, crl, codg should be level 80. really most of the old dungeons would be best as level 80. they are going to be ridiculously hard for any passing thru level 70's . I mean for someone who is levelling from the beginning.. they're going to have HAMSTER gear at level 70. they won't even have hunt gear. maybe they'll make it a lot easier to get the crl gear, but even then they will probably have r 8's. atm going into chult with r 11's and decent hunt gear I'm getting wrecked. I've always looked at it like, if you can't do chult you don' thave a chance in hell at doing tong.. and the difficulty from what I've heard is still very up there undoable really. at mod 15 levels.
    I think we all know as a fresh level 70 you aren't ready for tong. you just aren't. and then boom before they know it they are level 71. ... no one is going to do old content. the new people will be undergeared for it and the old timers will be under geared for it by design.

I really think the scaling and the 1000/1 together might be part of the problem. it's really not ready imo. more tinkering desperately needs to happen.
    The didn't implement scaling. They implemented a scaling simulation. They just set caps for each instance of old content. The problem is this does not work. Bad short cuts rarely do.
    ragnarz2 said:

adinosii said:

The didn't implement scaling. They implemented a scaling simulation. They just set caps for each instance of old content. The problem is this does not work. Bad short cuts rarely do.
    ofc they work together. you are both scaled down and then those stats you do have are 1000/1 instead of 500/1 like they were a few weeks ago. I don't remember the uproar about scaling being this loud before the 1000/1. that basically means those lesser stats you now have are ALSO half as effective.
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User

ragnarz2 said:

adinosii said:

ofc they work together. you are both scaled down and then those stats you do have are 1000/1 instead of 500/1 like they were a few weeks ago. I don't remember the uproar about scaling being this loud before the 1000/1. that basically means those lesser stats you now have are ALSO half as effective.
    Scaling has never worked in preview. Feel free to cite your experience where it works consistently.
    ragnarz2 said:

ragnarz2 said:

adinosii said:

Scaling has never worked in preview. Feel free to cite your experience where it works consistently.
    where did I ever say it was working consistently or working at all? the devs are calling it scaling so that's what I'm calling it. they also reduced the efficiency of stats from 500/1 to 1000/1 no one was complaining about the "scaling" at 500/1.. it became noticable and impossible feeling at 1000/1. the two things are related.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited April 2019

where did I ever say it was working consistently or working at all? the devs are calling it scaling so that's what I'm calling it. they also reduced the efficiency of stats from 500/1 to 1000/1 no one was complaining about the "scaling" at 500/1.. it became noticable and impossible feeling at 1000/1. the two things are related.

There are posts about the scaling well before the 1:1000, everyone just considered it as a bug, and most waited for it to be fixed, nothing more nothing less. Only recently it was posted as intended... hence the lots of posts..
    micky1p00 said:

There are posts about the scaling well before the 1:1000, everyone just considered it as a bug, and most waited for it to be fixed, nothing more nothing less. Only recently it was posted as intended... hence the lots of posts..
    and they scold us at other times when we consider a bug to be wai like the old peek at chest contents. lol.
  • fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User

This new module is the worst change. Paladin main stat used to be CON, but now CHA is the most important for paladin. My paladin used to focus on HP for tank. When I had 7000 item level, I used to be the only one survive Valinda. At that time, I barely lift my shield. Now, I have to lift my shield even 1v1 to low rank monster. The tank paladin is no more.

The tank paladin is viable, you just have to actually block, instead of giving yourself three healthbars and standing in the fire.
  • djpatkadjpatka Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have played this game for 4 years, dedicating lots of time and effort which now proves to be in vain. I enjoyed it and hoped it would only flourish. Changes made in Module 16 ruined the game for me. I don't want to spend weeks obtaining campaign currencies to exchange it for a black opal instead of a boon. Provided boons are generic and not as useful like the old ones. Plus, what's up with the super inflated stats? The professions are also not useful anymore, black ice crafting removal hit me. I expected changes wouldn't be more extreme, but I wasn't right, they've been becoming worse and worse with each new update. The quirks some powers had are now non existent. It's especially bad for rangers who are dependant on melee to ranged rotation and reduced cooldowns. Few feats that are offered just look silly. I hope something will be done about those foolish changes. I will come back when the game becomes enjoyable again and when all the bad updates are reversed.
  • maguscdxviii#2023 maguscdxviii Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I understand about creating a better game! I really do. Iv'e been playing D&D for over 30 years. Iv'e been playing Neverwinter since 2015. I have been working on my character all that time. Now, all of a sudden, someone yells "unfair", and we have to conform to someone who can't seem to make the right decisions regarding the advancement of their characters. how is that fair to those who have been working so hard for so long to achieve the character they wanted??????
  • dejanmax75#5631 dejanmax75 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Before mod 16 came, I have played Nevewinter. Now, after mod 16, I read forums and hope that things will restore like it was before mod 16 and do not play the game.

I will not write here a novel, I will say one thing: MOD 16 IS A DISASTER!!!
    Also, I've noticed significant less player online when I log in a last couple of time, wich is, IMHO, good.

Please, roll back old game a delete that mod 16 catastrophe!
  • astrotiger5astrotiger5 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Before mod 16 came and I played my GWF character (now called "Barbarian"), I use to setback and marveled my GWF companion Cambion Magus would battle before me (damage the enemy and sum case destroying them).
    Since mod 16 (and adjustment), I watch my GWF character's Cambion Magus battle Fire Archon Flamebow without damage him. (My character went over to Fire Archon and with a single blow destroy him). What the Hamster!
    This game is trying-the-hands of the player's and forced the player's to "pay up" or quit!
  • nailem#5658 nailem Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I want to first start and say I love this game! My question and I'm sure you have answered it many times but I cannot find your response is... Why didn't you make this an open world game?
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Well, I just watched the stream with MimicKing and did not see productive or satisfactory responses from the developer leader. My proposed scale adjustment was always what I imagined how the game should be. I will repeat it so that my idea becomes clear again:

Ex: FBI - Scale of status based on the best campaign equipment (Relic Armor), scale of enchants for the best of its time (rank 11 or 12, can no longer remember).

Sort Dungeons and Trials in 4 groups for their respective Insignias levels.

Another thing came to mind was how this new level cap made rewards less valuable. Artifacts should not have been changed! Until module 16 the artifacts had all the same item level and this made some dungeons or trials attractive. I remember my excitement the first time I dropped my first Shard of Orcus in CN or Fragmented Key of Stars in MSP and feel rewarded by the many times I did that dungeon to be able to win that particular loot. The newer sets came with more status and item level which made them more attractive, but the artifacts never changed! Soon the LoMM dungeon will be launched, I believe everyone will focus only on it since there are no attractions in the old dungeons. But someone can come and tell me that they can drop mates and mounts in any dungeon, but who will stop trying their luck in the last dungeon of the game with one of the best sets (if not the best) to run a MC in50-min. have the same chance to win mounts and companions, but outdated and worthless artifacts like Wheel of Elements or items from the Seldarine Set.

To complete my comment I will cite a case that occurred to me yesterday. One of my oldest friends that I had the pleasure to meet in the game came to say goodbye to me. I tried to persuade him that in the next few months the problems would be solved and that the gameplay would improve, but he remained firm in his decision and told me that there is no more to look for in the game, the only farm he has is the 100k of rad and playing the same dungeons he already knew completely did not bring him more satisfaction. It made me realize how satisfying is something fleeting. I remembered that at the height I played with my 3 of my 5 chars every day and that today I am discouraged in doing the masters expeditions in 2 chars only. Maybe it's time to follow my friend and stop, because with promises and shallow answers to a future that no one knows if this will come, nor if in that future will bring again my satisfaction to play this game.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    what did happen to the 3 dps 1 heal 1 tank que requirements for Random que?
    Ended up with 5 dps 3x today lmao
  • motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

what did happen to the 3 dps 1 heal 1 tank que requirements for Random que?
    Ended up with 5 dps 3x today lmao

You probably ended up in a skirmish, which (under mod15) had no role restrictions.
    Problem is, with mod16 you generally need a healer in every skirmish (otherwise the dps and tanks die 10+ times).
    They did not adjust the skirmishes. Its worse than it has ever been. One-shots and frequent deaths all over the place
    They did not adjust the dungeons to what they call "scaling" either. The lowest IL dungeons are now only completable with a near bis group (MC takes 30-50 min with the crappiest of crappiest rewards; the devs seem to think the content magically fixes itself - the numerous broken dungeons are not even acknowledged).