test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why I am downloading a patch of what looks like about 3.5-4 Gb on the live server ATM?

earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
edited April 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
Why I am downloading a patch of what looks like about 4 Gb on the live server ATM?

I was just logged in an hour ago.. and getting a patch just after normal reset time on the live server seems a strange time to be getting one... and it's huge !
Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
Post edited by earlgreybeard on

Best Answer

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    preloading for Tuesday's release...to avoid overloading the servers at that time.
    Hoping for improvements...

Answers

• earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    r000kie said:

and it's huge !

What she said.

Mod 16 is so awful some pre-patching have to occur. I got a 480MB patch yesterday, are you sure is 4GB? Maybe you have that on-demand patching set in the laucher, and you're forced now to download the whole thing.

I can't be exactly sure of course but it looks like it is going to come in somewhere close

no - on demand , isn't on BTW

View post on imgur.com
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    You get the pre-fetch before any new mod regardless if you set on demand. The size depends on how much was already download for pre-patch in previous sessions. I also got ~4GB because I did not logout (to download anything) for days.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    I haven't had on-demand checked for years.. possibly since before Mod 6 :#
    so long I can hardly remember the annoying patching it did when entering most areas or instances.

¯\_(?)_/¯