test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: General Feedback

Comments

• skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    Totem of Auriel heroic gets stuck after attacking the totem. It seems the mobs are continuously reloading as they always regen to full health within seconds. The only way to progress is to kill yourself. After coming back, the mobs will be attacking the totem without it's barrier. It gets stuck a second time.

That being said, scaling seems to be pulled back somewhat or I gained more stats. More to come..
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    adinosii said:

regarding the "toggle not to progress" - this idea is a perfect example of how much is wrong and how bad the scaling is, when "no progress" is preferable ro "progress".

Yes, exactly.

However, I'd prefer to just remove xp from all zones once your toon hits level 70. Except for undermountain. So if you don't want to level up you don't have to, just don't go to undermountain. Frankly, this would be better for my Pally that is still trying to get through the different campaigns. Now I'll be forced to level up and then get scaled down because my item level is too high (which it isn't).

But, it's too late for any of that. Scaling is happening whether we like it or not.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • beigeman#7856 beigeman Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    maybe an accept reward or lvl up button
  • mythrackamythracka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Post edited by mythracka on
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

maybe an accept reward or lvl up button

imo toggle would be better. the click reward thing is impossible for me not to just motor memory do. I try to hold to to heroic encounters and I have to constantly stop my self from pressing the little red button. then I get distracted by something shiny in the environment and without thinking I've clicked accept rewards. I CAN"T be the only one to have that problem lol
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    I've been thinking about the change to having only 1 active companion. This makes it somewhat difficult to level up a new companion that you may want to use in alternate scenarios, or as a replacement for your current companion.

Suggestion: Create at least 1 training slot for bringing up another companion, while still allowing you to use your current max rank companion.
    edited April 2019
    adinosii said:

regarding the "toggle not to progress" - this idea is a perfect example of how much is wrong and how bad the scaling is, when "no progress" is preferable ro "progress".

I went in with an undergeared (but wearing stuff appropriate to the zone) toon. I went with a level 70 to sohenstar river wearing mostly hunt gear from that zone. I got stomped absolutely stomped. long long fight with compies where I did 30 or 40 damage per hit and then got annihilated by scorpions. undoable for an actual level 70. at level 80 with scaled down stats it's still difficult and long and ridiculous but more survivable. so my comment was stoopid.. but still. it's still broken in a number of ways. it's still unacceptable in a number of ways. and good lord I feel for anyone trying to actually use that zone. it's worse than when the mod dropped live and I am nearly done with sohenstar on that toon.

otoh maybe it wasn't stoopid any bis players tried it vs their bis 80 toon.
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    Legendary Snail mounts need a buff to their ability since all other Legendary mounts with stats just got more than double stat increase. Daily powers are way too rare for 10% AP gain over 10 seconds to make any difference. Going back to 25% sounds like a logical move. There are few more mounts that need adjustments to their bonuses like Skeletal War Horse, Manticore, perhaps Griffon as well but not sure about this one, Strider and that's about it I guess.
    blur#5900 said:

Legendary Snail mounts need a buff to their ability since all other Legendary mounts with stats just got more than double stat increase. Daily powers are way too rare for 10% AP gain over 10 seconds to make any difference. Going back to 25% sounds like a logical move. There are few more mounts that need adjustments to their bonuses like Skeletal War Horse, Manticore, perhaps Griffon as well but not sure about this one, Strider and that's about it I guess.

artifacts are still just once a minute so imo the griff does need a buff too to be on equal footing with the others
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    The Legendary Mounts with a percent based bonus don't need huge buffs.
    The buff to the + Flat Stat bonus is to account for the fact that when the conversion went from 500:1 to 1000:1 they were effectively halved, while the +% bonuses remained the same.

If snail were to get a bump it should be no more than raised to 15%.
    (And I've got a snail, so I'm not down on them... but at +25% from just one source in the new climate is just too much.)

ETA:
    In fact having thought on it a bit more... 10K = +10%, so no... Snail probably shouldn't be buffed at all.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    If you think Boons are worthless, go to Well of Dragons and do a Boon Respec and check your stats as you go....

Just sayin’
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I have been testing yesterday's patch, and there are still some weird things going on.

I was playing as my main (L80 Cleric).

Good news first: I went through a substantial part of the solo content - both instanced areas (like Expeditions and lower-level areas like Arcane reservoir) and open world ares like stonghold HEs, Vanrakdoom, Soshenstar and WoD. I found nothing I considered too hard. Sure, some of the fights took longer than on live, and T-Rex in Soshenstar was a bit tough, but everything was doable. Now, I did not try any dungeons - I just wanted to check out the solo content, and I am not too worried about that. However, I was playing a "close to BiS" character. YMMV.

From what I am hearing, there are still some issues in dungeons with ToNG bosses, some random trash in CN and so on.

It seems that scaling (OK, capping actually) is not done on a stat-by-stat basis, but rather on an item-by-item basis. This means for example that two L80 players with identical total stats could end up with different stats when downscaled, depending on where their stats originate (gear, insignia, enchantments etc).

Different stats will get scaled down by different percentages. For example, when I go from YP to the Arcane Reservoir, my Power went from 117.634 to 67.350 (42.7% decrease), but my Armor Penetration went from 71.506 to 37.578 (47.4% decrease). This is partly because of the issue just mentioned above and partly because the scaling is implementd as capping, not proportional scaling, but this makes it annoyingly hard to balance stats.

There is something wrong with scaling, when switching between areas with diffent levels of scaling. For example, I did once end up in Vanrakdoom with my ArPen scaled down to 37K, instead of 71K. Going back to YP and entering Vanrakdoom again fixed this. I made several unsuccessful attempts to reproduce this, so I have no idea exactly which combination of conditions triggers this, sorry.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...

i agree boons are about worthless....started playing as Devout on my cleric last night, went all around undermountain, soloed an esot, soloed the CN up to the 1st boss....then i realize i didnt even do the boon page....

focused retaliation is overkill when it actually procs though. (mirror all damage back to the attacker for 15 seconds) very nice boon there

4% AP gain and 4% crit severity is also usefulish

there are a couple ok boons. I think you could get by with doing just a few campaigns out of the many to get all of the modestly useful ones.. but they aren't going to make a difference in over all game play really. just a little nice to have.

Suggestion: Create at least 1 training slot for bringing up another companion, while still allowing you to use your current max rank companion.

Not needed. switch to the "level-up" companion when you turn in quests.

• hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Not needed. switch to the "level-up" companion when you turn in quests.

You lose out on the xp from killing mobs, which is more significant than you might think. I've been trying to level up every unused companion for my characters for the past couple weeks, the mob xp adds up.

I've been trying to level up every unused companion for my characters for the past couple weeks, the mob xp adds up.

Oh, I know...I am doing the same thing.... Got 29 purple companions to 35 and 19 blue ones to 30...still got a pile of them to go....just hope to finish before Tuesday

• minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    adinosii said:

I've been trying to level up every unused companion for my characters for the past couple weeks, the mob xp adds up.

Oh, I know...I am doing the same thing.... Got 29 purple companions to 35 and 19 blue ones to 30...still got a pile of them to go....just hope to finish before Tuesday

Still have thousands of companion XP tomes around so won't be worrying too much
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Maybe instead of telling me Boons are worthless you should stop whining on the forum and go see what happens to your stats when you adjust them in Well (once you are getting scaled)?

We need to stop talking about scaling as a %, it’s not. It’s a hard cap.

Use Collections, figure it out.

(That’s not to say it’s not buggy, but understanding how it’s supposed to be working is the first step to making accurate bug reports. Yes, Cryptic should provide a clear explanation of the level 70 caps and (hint) what is not capped.)
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
    edited April 2019

Maybe instead of telling me Boons are worthless you should stop whining on the forum and go see what happens to your stats when you adjust them in Well (once you are getting scaled)?

(That’s not to say it’s not buggy, but understanding how it’s supposed to be working is the first step to making accurate bug reports. Yes, Cryptic should provide a clear explanation of the level 70 caps and (hint) what is not capped.)

what is not capped is most likely a bug looking thru collections I do not see what is not capped that you are hinting to. the stats in boons are still nerfed.
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    The intention of many of the changes and rewrites is actually good for the longevity of the game.

Buffs needed to be addressed. They were utterly strangling the game. As fun as it is to roflstomp sometimes, being able to buff so much and roflstomp everything so easily and quickly is not good for player retention or creating fun and challenging content. Mechanics can't be interesting or matter when they can simply be ignored by taking a DC or a temp. People get done, get bored, move on. Do I think they gutted too much? Personally, yes. But it was good intentions.

Character powers and feats needed a major overhaul. Much of it flat didn't work, didn't do what the tooltip said, wasn't WAI, or had super weird interactions with things. To make things more fun and manageable moving forward, it made sense to prune and simplify some. Again, I think it was too much. They didn't need to remove everything; removing some and fixing some would probably have been a more palatable change at this point in the game.

Old content was beyond roflstomp easy. So they introduce scaling. I definitely didn't like how sleep inducing running Kessel was, but I don't think anyone wants open world content to "stay challenging". Running all that grindy HAMSTER should get easier and faster to make it bearable. And they have seriously reduced the need and feeling of accomplishment for improvement.

I think both the idea and general direction of the companion changes is pretty good. Not perfect, but decently good.

The new holy trinity design, well, as much I don't mind a good holy trinity game, I think that call might be a few years too late and is going to alienate too many people who started playing because of buff and support roles. This might be the only good intention I would seriously question.

So, in short: intentions were good but implementation is iffy. We'll just have to wait and see if the overall reception is what they're hoping for.
  • midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Stronghold boons will be updated? Because now 8.000 power is mhe in proportion of how difficult and expensive is to bring SH to level 20.....
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User

Dude, I don't know what magic potion you're drinking, but I just told you I HAVE been. And I'm not seeing what you say you're seeing. Boons are fuckall everywhere I go. And scaling is HAMSTER. I'm glad you're happy, really I am, but that doesn't change the experience myself and everyone else is having.
  • drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    adinosii said:

I have been testing yesterday's patch, and there are still some weird things going on.

I was playing as my main (L80 Cleric).

Good news first: I went through a substantial part of the solo content - both instanced areas (like Expeditions and lower-level areas like Arcane reservoir) and open world ares like stonghold HEs, Vanrakdoom, Soshenstar and WoD. I found nothing I considered too hard. Sure, some of the fights took longer than on live, and T-Rex in Soshenstar was a bit tough, but everything was doable. Now, I did not try any dungeons - I just wanted to check out the solo content, and I am not too worried about that. However, I was playing a "close to BiS" character. YMMV.

From what I am hearing, there are still some issues in dungeons with ToNG bosses, some random trash in CN and so on.

It seems that scaling (OK, capping actually) is not done on a stat-by-stat basis, but rather on an item-by-item basis. This means for example that two L80 players with identical total stats could end up with different stats when downscaled, depending on where their stats originate (gear, insignia, enchantments etc).

Different stats will get scaled down by different percentages. For example, when I go from YP to the Arcane Reservoir, my Power went from 117.634 to 67.350 (42.7% decrease), but my Armor Penetration went from 71.506 to 37.578 (47.4% decrease). This is partly because of the issue just mentioned above and partly because the scaling is implementd as capping, not proportional scaling, but this makes it annoyingly hard to balance stats.

There is something wrong with scaling, when switching between areas with diffent levels of scaling. For example, I did once end up in Vanrakdoom with my ArPen scaled down to 37K, instead of 71K. Going back to YP and entering Vanrakdoom again fixed this. I made several unsuccessful attempts to reproduce this, so I have no idea exactly which combination of conditions triggers this, sorry.

Scaling is just flat-out completely broken.

Since testing ESOT seems to be my baby, last night I did 10 solo runs on my Barbarian. In 10 runs with the same gear, same comp, back to back with absolutely nothing on my end changing, I had WILDLY differing stats throughout. One run my defense was down to 5k and I only had like 78k health, the very next run I had like 39k defense and 179k health, the next run I had 23k defense and 134k health, the next run I had 41k defense and 211k health, etc etc etc. In all runs I was able to get at least TO Garakas, although he then promptly 1-shotted me when I was downscaled too much and I had little trouble (other than the fights taking 10 minutes) killing him when I wasn't downscaled that much.

Then I did 5 solo runs in ETOS, same gear as ESOT, same tier of dungeon, should have been the same stats, right? Nope. Across the board higher, although it ALSO had wildly fluctuating stats. Between 22k-53k defense and between 128k and 223k health. And basically EVERYTHING in this instance is hitting for 60k+, which is a radical change from last week where almost everything was hitting in the 10k range and I had little difficulty soloing to the last boss (last night I could not even get past the first trash pack solo).

Cryptic, whatever you did, FIX IT.