test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: General Feedback

Comments

• tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

In fact ALL Mount bonuses that provide Stat bonus points need buffing.

Mount passives won't be increased for the PC launch of M16, but they are slated for an increase in a post launch patch.
    You almost got me on this one ;) I still remember the promise of making new double AD events after changes to economy ;)
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    With all this talk about whether or not preview should go away i think some things are being glossed over or not considered.

1. People give their free labor in testing the product because they love the game and want to support it even if they aren't cramming wads of cash down cryptic's throat. It is not about impatience. The dev team is small and maybe getting smaller as they are siphoned of to other projects and while it is not ideal it is the way things are so we donate our time to help a project we love so it can run longer. What is ideal and what is reality are different and i don't see cryptic devoting more resources to the project anytime soon, so players play test and pick up the slack. We are not forced to so i don't think us preview testers are really being exploited.

2. Preview gives content creators time to prepare the community for changes and give more detail than the devblogs do. I find the Devblogs sometimes leave out important details. Being prepared for change is better than being caught flat footed. If i had not put in my time one preview i think i would have just walked away the day i saw what was done to the game on launch day. Hell i still might, but it will be a less impulsive decision.

3. Informed Spending. The details available to us for through preveiw give us a good idea on what is or is not a good long term investment on live. People will know not to buy the chultan tiger since its benefits are being nerfed. If i dropped a bunch of cash only to be blindsided by my perchases being invalidated and there was no means to undo it i would be PISSED. With preveiw we have a greater chance of informed purchases though the information does not get to everyone so it is not prefect but it is better than having no idea.

Sure i would love to be rewarded in some small way for taking the time to test the game for them, it doesn't have to be much, a few zen, some keys or even a fist full of AD, but i am not really after that so i will gladly test anyway. I want information and i want to support the game.
    I also want to reiterate how bad of an idea it is to cut the power lists in half and de-incentivize solo play.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    Scaling in Barovia appears to be way off. On live server, I have very little issues with most of the mobs with any of my characters. On preview, my level 80 HR was chewed up by a group of scarecrows. If you're going to take away our lifesteal, please scale regular mobs in zones so that it isn't an issue. I shouldn't come anywhere near dieing to mobs that are no issue on the live server.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    > @hercules125 said:
    > Feedback:
    > Scaling in Barovia appears to be way off. On live server, I have very little issues with most of the mobs with any of my characters. On preview, my level 80 HR was chewed up by a group of scarecrows. If you're going to take away our lifesteal, please scale regular mobs in zones so that it isn't an issue. I shouldn't come anywhere near dieing to mobs that are no issue on the live server.

Can you share your stats in Yawning Portal and Barovia?

Make sure to wait for the Bonding buff to kick in for each instance.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.

> @hercules125 said:

> Feedback:

> Scaling in Barovia appears to be way off. On live server, I have very little issues with most of the mobs with any of my characters. On preview, my level 80 HR was chewed up by a group of scarecrows. If you're going to take away our lifesteal, please scale regular mobs in zones so that it isn't an issue. I shouldn't come anywhere near dieing to mobs that are no issue on the live server.

Can you share your stats in Yawning Portal and Barovia?

Make sure to wait for the Bonding buff to kick in for each instance.

Stat Dread ring Barovia Yawning
    Item Level 19606 19606 19606
    Power 48615 52171 65691
    Armor Pen 37435 39101 44402
    Defense 37540 39960 49330
    Crit 50999 53705 63570
    Crit Avoid 32300 33537 37859
    Accuracy 28956 31027 37139
    Deflect 28930 30708 36230
    Combat Advantage 50544 52415 56162
    Awareness 21980 23077 26673
    Companion Influence 15.7% 16% 21.2%
  • brendaxnl#4453 brendaxnl Member Posts: 12 Arc User

even though i dont like how mod 16 changes the game.
    I spent $150.00usd on the mod 16 delvers pack (mainly for the rank 15 enchantmentx2 + toothsome)
    I spent another $250.00usd to buy all the enchantments i will need to thrive in mod 16.

price of an xbox one for a mod change it seems...

i have hope things will get better...

I hope things don't get worse..

Wow... Thats alot of money... It doesnt matter what ench u have, if u play lower content ur ench automaticly will be level 9 i believe they said.. Sorry to see u waste this much money :(
    Thanks for that effort :)

Crit 50999 53705 63570
    In terms of damage out put the only stat of these 3 that is on target is Crit.

That's not to say there are not problems with scaling (I agree), but if you are already below the level 70 ArP and Acc goal by a significant amount at level 80 it is only going to get worse once it is scaled. All 3 of those stats need to rise to 60k+, then when you go to the level 70 zones they will be scaled similarly to how Crit is now, and then the zones will be playable.

You may want to pass on HEs in Barovia while solo though, they are pretty harsh in what amounts to Vistani gear with Rank 9s.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    hustin1 said:

I have a CW who is 17.4 on live with all R14's. I absolutely will be benching her in the new mod. All of that effort and gear will go to waste.

Why? Simple. She's specifically built for CC and the mod absolutely obliterates her build. Total loss.

I get the problem with the companions.

But I don't understand what you are saying about CC. Thaumaturge CC works great for playing Zones and Expeditions in my experience playing my 14k iL on live Wiz through. Arcanist is a different story.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited April 2019

hustin1 said:

I have a CW who is 17.4 on live with all R14's. I absolutely will be benching her in the new mod. All of that effort and gear will go to waste.

Why? Simple. She's specifically built for CC and the mod absolutely obliterates her build. Total loss.

I get the problem with the companions.

But I don't understand what you are saying about CC. Thaumaturge CC works great for playing Zones and Expeditions in my experience playing my 14k iL on live Wiz through. Arcanist is a different story.
    She is a Thaumaturge. As I said, I tested it. She even has the Valindra set for extra CC. If a CC item exists, rest assured she has it. Six out of fifteen mount insignia are purple Insignia of Mastery. On live she is at or very near the theoretical maximum for control bonus. She has so much control bonus on live that I can't cast Arcane Singularity on anything less powerful than a Heroic Encounter enemy because it pulls so hard that it launches everything in all directions. On Preview, her control powers are pathetic.

broken_singularity
    Post edited by hustin1 on
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Hey about something that doesn't have anything to do with scaling: the Workshop isn't a location on the travel portals anymore. Is there a reason for that, or just to HAMSTER off more player, having to load the Protector's Enclave each time?

Edit: It appears that it's a VIP-only location, so of course not available on preview. Been VIP for ages and didn't check professions on preview for a long time, didn't see it before
    Post edited by agilesto on
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    VIP does not carry over to preview, so the option to go to the workshop is not there.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Yeah, I know that, but it doesn't appear on the travel portals at the entrance of zones either that's my concern.
    Or was it since the beginning a VIP-only option on the travel portals?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It is only a travel destination while you have VIP.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother

Thanks for that effort :)

Crit 50999 53705 63570
    In terms of damage out put the only stat of these 3 that is on target is Crit.

That's not to say there are not problems with scaling (I agree), but if you are already below the level 70 ArP and Acc goal by a significant amount at level 80 it is only going to get worse once it is scaled. All 3 of those stats need to rise to 60k+, then when you go to the level 70 zones they will be scaled similarly to how Crit is now, and then the zones will be playable.

You may want to pass on HEs in Barovia while solo though, they are pretty harsh in what amounts to Vistani gear with Rank 9s.
    I am using exactly what the game his given me from quest rewards and from doing master expeditions. If I have to have "optimal" stats to do what used to be fairly trivial zone content, the game is borked.

• kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

Why? Simple. She's specifically built for CC and the mod absolutely obliterates her build. I tested it. Total loss.

So, dear devs, how do you think I feel about this impending forced retirement? Am I to be to tickled pink about it?

Take a wild guess.

I have several toons in the same situation. I have a GF I completely built around LifeSteal, a TR built around Movement as well as a CC focused CW that had a LOT of recovery. For each I made companion purchases, pursued specific mount insignia and refined specific enchants - millions upon millions of RP dedicated to upgrading.

In testing these builds on Preview....ugh - the replacement bonuses for these builds are...less than optimal. And really, really boring. You can imagine how I feel about M16 then, at least insofar as these focused builds are concerned.

But on the bright side - I also have an HR archer build that still looks like he is going to be at least as good, if not better, on M16. And an SW that, with some tweaking, will also still be pretty viable.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    > @hercules125 said:
    > I am using exactly what the game his given me from quest rewards and from doing master expeditions. If I have to have "optimal" stats to do what used to be fairly trivial zone content, the game is borked.

That's the problem right there. You shouldn't blindly use every random drop and quest reward. You need to think, and only use them if they improve the stats you need.

Specifically, you have to prioritize stats, and maxing out ArPen should be at the top of the list.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I read from dev blogs that recharge speed is a stat in utility slots and furthermore all weapon enchantments are basically the same. Lightning enchantment is the only chance for encounter cooldowns, which doesn't have 2% encounters cooldowns. Intelligence ability is all I have for recharge speed, which is artifacts is the only way?! How much will Elixir Of Fate and campfire do? Also dev blog stated adjust the curves down for growth room, which nerfs everyone. Also stated it keeps the game more healthy. How is it healthy by nerfing all players? Cryptic I can go pages how bad thought out Mod 16 is, but this is short version.

Mod 16 explained to people is cause and affecting upon many players. This Mod 16 is a cripple!

Where is recharge speed stat in utility? It was stated in dev blog, after I re-read it more carefully with my own eyes. So where or how?

can we have a toggle to NOT progress past 70? ie choose to level up or not?

It would be nice. I have a TR still working on Omu and Bavoria zones, with less than optimal stats. It will get very nasty once she hits level 71.

• davidmokidavidmoki Member Posts: 54 Arc User

can we have a toggle to NOT progress past 70? ie choose to level up or not?

Can I just stay lv 70 until I finish all campaigns? Because of the classes change I'm switching main and it's pretty obvious that the downscale made the game a pain for new toons.