test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: Refinement

191011121315»

Comments

• cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User
    You are not conceivable! It is a true wonder how you think your long postings 'can convince anyone, ROFLMSOAO!
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    cabar1 said:

You are not conceivable! It is a true wonder how you think your long postings 'can convince anyone, ROFLMSOAO!

"convince?"

I am not trying to convince anyone....just stating facts and my interpretation of said facts. If anyone choses to ignore me, that's their problem. Anyhow, you are not even making it clear what (if anything) I have said you disagree with,

In the case of the runestones, the facts are as follows:
    • Most players have only a single companion they summon (per character).
    • That means generally each character will generally have 3 runestones and 3 pieces of companion gear, with 3-6 enchants.
    • The majority of those companions are non-augments, with bonding runestones. In that case, no changes are needed to the runestones.
    • A smaller number of players have an augment instead. That augment will generally be using Eldritch runestones, which can be exchanged for Bonding runestones using the new exchange vendor. Again, no problem.
    • An even smaller number of players have an augment as a secondary summoned companion for use in specific circumstances. That augment will generally be using Eldritch runestones, which will no longer be needed (as you already have 3 bonding runestones from the first companion), so they can either be sold on the AH, or exhanged for (bound) bonding runestones to give to an alt.
    • There is currently no good reason to use Arcane, Empowered or Profane runestones and very limited reasons to use Training runestonnes.
    • In Mod 16, people will need 3-6 of those runestones per character, but will generally free up a similar amount of enchantments (currently used in companion gear) instead.
    • Players can either sell the enchantments and buy runestones or use the exchange vendor to get (bound) runestones that are suitable.
    Maybe I should add one more item: "Some players do not understand the system and have made mistakes", but that's their problem. This system is not perfect, but it is good enough, and has various improvements over the current one.
    Hoping for improvements...
    well, when gateway was alive, i could sit and play on my tablet (while watching television with my better half), and so accumulated many pieces. but, old timers don't count anymore.
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
    > @lowjohn said:

>
    > Sure, you can EQUIP non-summoned toons, but it's pointless and stupid and you shouldn't have wasted time and effort doing it.

so, you have 3 pieces of companion equipment, and they will equip on all your companions?

how easy is that?
    Wait For It
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    The only comp that matters is the summoned one, and yes, whatever equipment you have slotted for the comp will still be there if you decide to summon a different comp.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    cabar1 said:

so, you have 3 pieces of companion equipment, and they will equip on all your companions?

Currently only gear on your current companion matters. Anything else is a waste (and if you put something like Loyal gear on all your non-summoned companions it was a waste of millions of AD (per character) . only exception is if the gear was already bound, and you were just using the companion for storage, instead of using bank/inventory slots.

In mod 16 companion gear is decoupled from your companions - you have 3 slots for bonding runestones, and 3 slots for companion gear with regular runestones, and that applies to whichever companion you have summoned at the time.

You got it now ?
    > @adinosii said:
    > so, you have 3 pieces of companion equipment, and they will equip on all your companions?
    >
    >
    > Currently only gear on your current companion matters. Anything else is a waste (and if you put something like Loyal gear on all your non-summoned companions it was a waste of millions of AD (per character) . only exception is if the gear was already bound, and you were just using the companion for storage, instead of using bank/inventory slots.
    >
    > In mod 16 companion gear is decoupled from your companions - you have 3 slots for bonding runestones, and 3 slots for companion gear with regular runestones, and that applies to whichever companion you have summoned at the time.
    >
    > You got it now ?

wowser, you talk as if you are the only person on the planet that knows anything.

anyways, this has gone way beyond being useful for anyone!
    Wait For It
    > @cabar1 said:
    > > @lowjohn said:
    >
    > >
    > > Sure, you can EQUIP non-summoned toons, but it's pointless and stupid and you shouldn't have wasted time and effort doing it.
    >
    > so, you have 3 pieces of companion equipment, and they will equip on all your companions?
    >
    > how easy is that?

i think you misunderstood: all the companions you have (in mod15) are capable of using the only 3 pieces of companion equipment you own on each toon?

how lucky you are.

since devs do not care what is said here anyway, i am done. i know many are happier since i typed that!
    Wait For It
    cabar1 said:

i think you misunderstood: all the companions you have (in mod15) are capable of using the only 3 pieces of companion equipment you own on each toon?

This is a meaningless question, @cabar1 as "all the companions" do not use gear or benefit from it. In mod 15 you should only put gear on your summoned companion. Now you said you basically made the mistake of putting Gateway (Loyal) gear on every one of your companions - now, I am sorry to hear that, because in effect you wasted millions, even tens of millions of AD that way, but the only thing you can do is to move on and be more careful in the future.

Anyhow, this discussion really does not belong here - it is not Preview feedback and really not relevant to the developers.
  • fuzzmeisterjfuzzmeisterj Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Was there ever something done about the Heart of Fire and Anniversary enchantments not upgrading? Or are they stuck at 14 and can't be exchanged?
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    cabar1 said:

well, when gateway was alive, i could sit and play on my tablet (while watching television with my better half), and so accumulated many pieces. but, old timers don't count anymore.

I did the same, I just sold them to buy useful things instead of destroying them in a way that got me nothing by binding them to non-summoned companions.
    cabar1 said:

how easy is that?

Correct. That's how it works in Mod16. That's also how it worked before Mod16, since swapping summoned companions was extremely rare AND keeping a suboptimal summon that you had gear for was better than an optimal you didn't have the gear for. And the advent of gear better than Loyal Avenger is very recent.
    cabar1 said:

how lucky you are.

My Summoned companion on each toon is capable of using the 3 pieces of companion gear I have on that toon, yes. Because swapping summoned companions is something you only ever do if a strictly better companion that you can gear up is released, and gearing non-summoned companions is stupid, and you will never, ever want to switch to anything other than the summoned companion for whom you currently have the best gear.

That's how companions work in Neverwinter.

If you geared up any companion other than your currently summoned one, you made an expensive mistake. That's just how Neverwinter works.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

cabar1 said:

If you geared up any companion other than your currently summoned one, you made an expensive mistake. That's just how Neverwinter works.

I disagree with this assessment. There are times where I switch companions due to the situation. I try to keep a melee, healing and ranged companion ready to go. There are some enemies that having either/or can make a huge difference. I don't want to be bothered with swapping gear to they are all geared up and even if they aren't are high as may main, the IL difference is less than 100 in most cases.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts

I disagree with this assessment. There are times where I switch companions due to the situation. I try to keep a melee, healing and ranged companion ready to go. There are some enemies that having either/or can make a huge difference. I don't want to be bothered with swapping gear to they are all geared up and even if they aren't are high as may main, the IL difference is less than 100 in most cases.

Just FYI, you screwed up the forum code and attributed your comments to me and my comments to that other guy. No big deal but it's weird to see.

But: Uhhh.... your Bonding Runestones are more than 100 IL *each*. Your companion gear is ~500 IL each. Your 3-6 companion enchants are more than 100 IL each. Either you don't have relevant companion gear, or you've been wasting a fortune building multiple sets of companion gear, and both are bad for this discussion.

In Mod 15 all companions are just a source of bonus personal stats with an occasional enemy debuff. Gearing up a non-main companion is a massive waste and has been since.... when were Companions introduced? 2012 or so?

In Mod 16, the debuffs are gone and only the bonus personal stats remain, and also all gear is now good on all companions. So you still only need one Companion set, but also you can use any Companion with any Companion set.
    > @autumnwitch said:
    > If you geared up any companion other than your currently summoned one, you made an expensive mistake. That's just how Neverwinter works.
    >
    > I disagree with this assessment. There are times where I switch companions due to the situation. I try to keep a melee, healing and ranged companion ready to go. There are some enemies that having either/or can make a huge difference. I don't want to be bothered with swapping gear to they are all geared up and even if they aren't are high as may main, the IL difference is less than 100 in most cases.

+1, glad someone sees it!
    Wait For It
  • tardbathtardbath Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Tenebrous enchantment shows different stats when equiped ! Rank 13 displays 6% and when equiped displays a 8% chance !
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    Perhaps this is a little off topic, but I was wondering if it's finally time that Brilliant Energy Weapon and Loamweave enchantments may be upgraded. I understand why they couldn't before- they are unique items and you used to need multiple enchants to upgrade any weapon or armor enchants. Now we don't, yet we still can't upgrade them. Wondering if this has ever touched the dev's discussion table.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    i just tried to refine a elven enchantment I used over 100 presswards on it but where it has the 0/150 to guaranteed upgrade there is no number. it just says zero.

i just tried to refine a elven enchantment I used over 100 presswards on it but where it has the 0/150 to guaranteed upgrade there is no number. it just says zero.

What level of Elven Battle? Any chance of screenshots before, during, after?
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

What level of Elven Battle? Any chance of screenshots before, during, after?
    why would I take before screenshots? I was upgrading an enchantment. it didn't take and I was like well gee how many more do I need before it maxes out. the after screenshot looks like a fresh enchant that has never had an upgrade attempted with a presward. it says 0/150 attempts til upgrade (or whatever the exact wording is)
  • fns2005fns2005 Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    > @mordekai#1901 said:
    > How about...
    > Every character is given X number of exchanges.
    > Base it on the total number of enchants any character would expect to have slotted at any one time. So all the standard enchants on gear, one weapon, one armour, plus six from the companion slots.
    > I may (probably have) have missed something obvious, but whatever that adds up to. (I'm about to watch the season finale of Walking Dead at the moment and too tired to log on and count them up myself)
    >
    > That way you get an effective "One for One". People then could, if they choose, re-exchange one, but at the expense of another one. Maybe if the devs are feeling generous, they could stick a +1 or +2 extras, just in case someone goofs up and presses the wrong button or something. It's an expensive thing to get wrong, after all...

Can someone confirm if it's working like this? Console player here. Once you exchange your enchantment and it becomes bound, can you exchange that bound enchantment for a different one? I'm just thinking of all the maths that will be involved when my stats change once the mod launches, trying to adjust them to the new bis stat allocations per class. It could be an easy thing to mess up, and a 'try before you' testing of enchants would be nice before finding on the right ones. Particularly my 18k DC and OP, all those radiants..
    yes, you can exchange and re-exchange the resulting (bound) enchants. What you cannot do is re-exchange runestones.

in general, many DPS/healers will probably want to end up with 3×bondings, 6x Empowered and Radiants for all offensive slots. Defensive slots are trickier..I'm personally sticking with Demonic for now.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    jettauk said:

Enchantment Exchange

The Antiquities Dealer in Protector's Enclave will allow free exchanges of enchantments for a period of time after launch. The restriction is same rank to same rank and number of stats to same number of stats.

Example. You can exchange any rank 12 single stat enchantment for a choice pack that has the other rank 12 single stat enchantments in it (choose one)

Currently weapon and armor exchanges are not hooked up (they will be before launch), but the standard enchants exchanges are ready for preview.

There will also be an exchange for Enchantments to non-bonding runestones. This is not yet available on preview.

Please make the enchantments received from this exchange bound to account. There are already people on the PS4 buying out the cheaper weapon enchantments on the AH inflating the prices so they can exchange them for expensive ones upon release to profit. This will artificially inflate the market both short term and long term. An announcement that the received enchantments will be bound to account should alleviate this.

they already are bound