test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Preparing for Mod 16

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
edited April 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
Assuming you are not just going to walk away from NWO once Mod 16 is released, you will want to prepare for it the best you can. Here are a few things to do.

Edit: I have moved my mini-guide to Google Docs. See here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CDXf2k27IlLeKbzYq8FM_urSGD3TLatuKW3DASp1hFY/edit?usp=sharing
Hoping for improvements...
Post edited by adinosii on

Comments

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Thank you - great post
  • gingiri#5448 gingiri Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Incredibly useful information, worth its weight in AD!
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you for sharing :)
  • skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Armor and other gear. Once you reach level 80, you will have access to a new tier of gear with much higher stats than any L70 pieces. There may, however, be certain pieces that remain useful for specific builds, but in general people will want the new L80 pieces. In order to get to that point, you will want to have the best pieces available to you when you start the Undermountain campaign. You will get a full set of "Undermountain" gear at the start of the campaign, but quite frankly it is not that great. If that gear is actually the best you have, do the following. Farm Seals of the Brave before Mod 16 launches and make sure you have 1200 seals ready. As soon as you reach the Yawning Portal, visit the vendor that will exchange those seals for Seals of the Crown. Then take those seals to the armor vendor in Barovia and spend them.
    Actually, I noticed this week that the seal vendor in PE sells Barovian armor now too. Just a heads up.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    I always wonder when players put up a preparation guide before a new mod that the devs will look at it and make it so most of those options are cancelled out. So any preparation is nullified.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    You assume the devs have time to read the forums this close to live date.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

You assume the devs have time to read the forums this close to live date.

Oh yeah I forgot. They aren't let out of their cages for lunch during this crunch time.

• prethenprethen Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    This is a very interesting list. I can't find the Yawning Portal to attempt to do that currency conversion that was mentioned. Is there something special I need to do to have it available?
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    prethen said:

This is a very interesting list. I can't find the Yawning Portal to attempt to do that currency conversion that was mentioned. Is there something special I need to do to have it available?

Considering the new mod hasn't dropped yet, it will not be available on live. Once it is, you need to pick up the quest takes you to Undermountain by way of the Mere of Dead Men (start off asking either Neverember or Knox, can't remember). Once you've made your way through the starting quests you'll arrive at the Yawning Portal. If you're already on Preview, talk to either Knox or Neverember to get started.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    This was all posted in the guides topic.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I have now updated the guide quite a bit with feedback from different sources, and moved it to Google Docs. Just follow the link in the first post.
  • shiro#3991 shiro Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Hi all! New player here, started to play yesterday and enjoying the game. I have read about this mod 16 patch and that it will bring lots of changes to the game. My question is, is it better to just stop playing for now and start again when the patch is coming?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User

Hi all! New player here, started to play yesterday and enjoying the game. I have read about this mod 16 patch and that it will bring lots of changes to the game. My question is, is it better to just stop playing for now and start again when the patch is coming?

Yes, you should stop and play the new mod when it arrives. Whatever you learn from now to new will most likely be irrelevant and confuse you.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Am I right in thinking the chances for upgrading enchants will go up (like when we went from max 12-14) so that's another reason for not upgrading enchants now.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User

Am I right in thinking the chances for upgrading enchants will go up (like when we went from max 12-14) so that's another reason for not upgrading enchants now.

My understandings are:
    1. better enchantment does not really matter as much in mod 16.
    2. it will have an odd breaker
    3. may be better upgrade chance (I think I read that somewhere)

In short, we should wait.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

My understandings are:
    1. better enchantment does not really matter as much in mod 16.
    2. it will have an odd breaker
    3. may be better upgrade chance (I think I read that somewhere)

In short, we should wait.
    Yes, the streak breaker works if your enchant is above rank 10, below or at rank 10 the streak breaker really doesn't get kicked in.

So with the streak breaker you will over the course of time if you do a lot of upgrading will "save" on wards.

Here is the thing to keep in mind. Due to this streak breaker, it has caused the Coal wards to drop in their value. Doing the math it turns out if a Coal Ward is selling for more than 350k on the AH it is not worth buying but instead its better to just burn Pres wards even at 1% chance if the pres wards are on average 5k each.

Just a heads up if you think youll save on pres wards by buying a coal ward on a 1% chance. This math is based on testing and the assumption that Pres Wards will remain roughly around 5k each. There are other factors that might cause Pres Wards to increase in price. One factor is that so many players needing new artifact and equipment upgrades their demand will go up for a few weeks, possibly a month.

So yes you are better off waiting until mod 16 to do your upgrades.
  • axyremaxyrem Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Assuming you are not just going to walk away from NWO once Mod 16 is released, you will want to prepare for it the best you can. Here are a few things to do.

Edit: I have moved my mini-guide to Google Docs. See here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CDXf2k27IlLeKbzYq8FM_urSGD3TLatuKW3DASp1hFY/edit?usp=sharing

I prepare by using my lifetime for friends, family , sports and other important stuff instead of wasting my life by preparing for a piece of software like an addict.....

how can you drop so low that you have nothing in mind but a computer game ?
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    My first thought was to get bondings as high as possible and not work too hard on the others
  • prethenprethen Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    The one thing I have a hard time with the enchantment costs is how is it that so many players are able to have so much in AD (or whatever else it might take) to get their enchantments/refining above Level 8. For now, I'm just hoarding my AD/refinement points. I have a measly 1.3M AD and about 400K refinement. The moment I try getting anything above Level 8, I start eating up Pres Wards and those aren't cheap and sometimes I can run into a really bad streak just getting something to an 8/9. What am I missing here? Am I missing some opportunity to get higher level items without the costs that I'm seeing (perhaps I should try buying them in Auction)?

My first thought was to get bondings as high as possible and not work too hard on the others

That would be the best way to prioritize, yes.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    That is what I did last week, I took a r9 bonding up to r13. I already have 2 r14 eldritchs so those are already where they need to be.
    edited April 2019
    prethen said:

The moment I try getting anything above Level 8, I start eating up Pres Wards and those aren't cheap and sometimes I can run into a really bad streak just getting something to an 8/9. What am I missing here?

Well, you can get the occasional ward from Celestial coffers, but in general yes, you need to buy a ton of them. However....you should not be refining anything right now- wait until Mod 16 arrives, as the ward cap use will mean you will use fewer wards on the average.

Also, try to get wards cheap. If you spend real $$$, buy Zen when there is a bonus (like during the previous weekend). Then buy the wards only when there is a Zen store sale, and save them until you need them. In fact, buy two or three times the number of wards you expect to need and sell the rest on the AH during periods of high demand - that should more than cover the cost of the wards you need for your own use.
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    Thank you for the guide. Was already operating on most of it's assumptions.