test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

UNDERMOUTAIN PREVIEW PATCH NOTES: NW.110.20190411b.0

Release Notes
Note: We may have included patch notes for issues that were never present on Preview.
Note: This is not an all-inclusive list of fixes, but a snapshot of the many fixes we are doing.

Content and Environment
General
  • Numerous tuning changes to dungeons and bosses.
  • Svardborg leaves his throne and engages the player properly.
Combat and Powers
Item Power and Set Bonuses.
  • Defender’s Banner - Standing in the area gives a different amount of Power and Accuracy depending on the activated artifact's rank.
  • Green Dragon Heart Artifact damage output reflects the tooltip stated damage.
  • Red Dragon Heart artifact tooltip no longer has “refine other items” text.
  • Serene Runestones now function properly and have the correct values for each rank.
  • Significant pass at updating artifact descriptions in the Tooltips to reflect their usage.
  • Tymora's Spinning Coin Artifact damage adjusts when it ranks up.
Classes and Balance
General
  • Heroic feats for Cleric, Paladin and Fighter no longer display as locked when you meet the level requirement.
  • Number of class icons have been added.
  • Smooth out the unlocking of powers for Fighter, Barbarian, Paladin, and Cleric.
  • Under certain circumstances when blocking stamina, it could spontaneously refill the stamina that was depleted from the last block.
Barbarian (Blademaster)
  • Adamantine Strike now pivots to face the direction you are aiming the camera like most other attacks, or the nearest enemy.
Cleric
  • Cleric class features have been heavily reworked and adjusted.
  • Magnitude of Bastion of Health for non Devouts has been increased from 500 to 600 and the tooltip correctly indicates the healed amount.
  • Righteousness mechanic is now only listed under Devout.
Cleric (Arbiter)
  • Feats have been overhauled.
  • Focused Light now makes daunting light actually single target for targeting purposes.
  • Hammer of Fate benefits from Burning Judgement as designed.
  • Hammer of Fate now indicates its entire combo magnitude and grants 3 stacks of radiant judgement.
  • Prophecy of Doom visuals have been updated to better communicate the effect. An effect persists over the target for the duration of the power, and a new effect accompanies the damage at the end of the power.
  • Restrain effect applied by Chains of Blazing Light could be broken by the restrained enemy dealing damage.
  • Searing Light has been renamed Searing Javelin and now deals fire damage, generates radiant judgement, and benefits from burning judgement. The radius of this power has also been updated to 8' from 5.5'.
Cleric (Devout)
  • Blessing of Battle has been reworked into Blessing of Light. This at-will no longer deals damage to an enemy or requires a target. It instead increases the effect of your next healing spell by 10%.
  • Final 2 columns of feats have been adjusted.
  • Guardian of Life tooltip has been updated to clarify it only heals party members.
  • Healing Word heals nearby allies, not just Party members.
  • Persistent Guardian summon a guardian when used with Guardian of Faith.
  • Righteousness decreases the cost and increases the magnitude of pre-paragon healing abilities (Bastion of Health) and decreases all threat generated from healing.
  • Swift Prayers is no longer a feat but a class feature, and allows movement at a reduced rate for both Channel Divinity and Astral Shield.
Fighter
  • Several small balance adjustments to the fighter class features.
Fighter (Dreadnaught)
  • Into the Fray tooltip displays Increased Run Speed.
  • Richochet damage is reduced correctly Shield Throw.
Fighter (Vanguard)
  • Counterattack effect granted to Dig In by the feat Shake it Off is now a core class mechanic called Retaliate which deals magnitude 300 damage with added threat and the damage is not based on remaining stamina.
  • Knight's Challenge persisted for 2 seconds shorter than indicated in the tooltip.
  • Knight's Valor redirects 100% of damage dealt to your party member.
  • Knight’s Valor transfers all threat generated by the covered party member to the fighter.
  • Shake it Off now enhances the magnitude of Retaliate by up to 300 based on remaining stamina.
  • Sharpened Senses causes Bladed Rampart to grants immunity to combat advantage damage.
  • Shield Throw buff icon is applied to enemies when stunned.
Paladin
  • Radiant Charge indicates that it knocks down targets, not stuns them.
  • Smite's FX would often stutter or play twice.
Paladin (Oathkeeper)
  • Aura of Life displays a buff icon on anyone within range of the effect.
  • Divine Vessel tooltip correctly reflects that it increases healing and healing spells can be casted as if they had no divinity cost.
  • Healing another player will not grant double Divine Barrier.
  • Oath of Devotion description displays it is a Level 30 Mechanic.
Ranger
  • Hunter’s Teamwork drop properly grants AP/Health/Stamina to allies.
Ranger (Hunter)
  • Thorned Roots now does damage based on the stance you're in.
Ranger (Warden)
  • Call of the Storm will only fire once per power usage.
  • Fox’s Cunning buff icon contains a description.
  • Rain of Arrows now functions properly with Aspect of the Serpent.
  • Seeker’s Vengeance no longer helps Rain of Arrows unless the feature is slotted.
Rogue (Assassin)
  • Gloaming Cut give 20% stealth meter on a kill.
Rogue (Whisperknife)
  • Disheartening Strike correctly applies only on DoT.
Warlock
  • Healing powers apply Lingering Sustain.
Warlock (Soulweaver)
  • Essence Drain affects the targeted enemy.
  • Essence Drain does specify a magnitude in the Tooltip.
  • Transfusion Tactics triggers for the healing given to the caster of Shatter Spark.
  • Wraith's Shadow DoT also restores health.
  • Wraith's Shadow healing lists the range in the description.
Wizard (Thaumaturge)
  • Combustive Action description states correctly a non-smolder power has to kill the target to make it fire.
Items and Economy
Professions
  • Rewards have had a significant text and icon pass.
Companions
  • Influence has been updated to reflect the design intent.
  • Number of abilities are correctly reflected on the character sheet.
User Interface
General
  • General UI polishing.
  • Numerous placeholder icons have been replaced with final art.
Character Art, Effects and Audio
Effects
  • Numerous FX polish pass on class powers.
Audio
  • Major audio and VO pass.

Comments

• nvw2013nvw2013 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    ranger melee weapons broken if you equip your own made weapons from your workshop, they will do 0 damage. Mulhorand and found stuff work fine. Workshop made bows work fine. Big gaps in armor making for Ranger vs other classes.
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Some change for the wizard are not in the patch note=>

Empowering Flames is now removed and it is replaced by Frigid winds for Thaumaturge.

Arcanist have a new feat :

Iced Lightning:

Storm Pillar, Lightning Bolt(New name of Sudden Storm), Storm Spell and Storm Fury do 10% more damage to target affected by chill.

Thank you for those change.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User

Companions

• Influence has been updated to reflect the design intent.
    What this exactly does now? CHA bonus is affected by it?
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    I see it black, 10 days left, and the number of corrections to be done remains huge. Class balance does not exist for now.
  • martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    Not a word about the broken scaling? Something SO IMPORTANT and don't fix it at only 10 days of the launch? ¬¬
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    davidmoki said:

Downscale still broken
    No drops from runic encounters, which means no master expedition

Only one more week to go :)

Actually Runic Encounters do drop resonances, but its incredibly inconsistent. So its "sort of" working at the moment.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • aday#3795 aday Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    I see enchantments exchange is not available on this new preview update - is this going to be final? Not a word on patch notes... Will we be able to exchange our enchantments when mod 16 launches?
  • geekoxxiiigeekoxxiii Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Curse Bite, Hellfire Ring, Soul Scorch, Hellfire Expertise shadow-nerfed in this patch.

"Note: This is not an all-inclusive list of nerf, but a snapshot of the many fixes we are doing." AH. AH. AH. <3
  • geekoxxiiigeekoxxiii Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    add this:

Warlock
    • Curse bite now deal 150 magnitude down from 175.
    • Soul Scorch initial hit now deal 6 magnitude per spark down from 10 per spark.
    • Soul Scorch DOT now deal 1 magnitude per spark down from 2 per spark.

Warlock (Hellbringer)
    • Hellfire Expertise now increase the Recharge Speed for 20% down from 25%.
    • Hellfire Ring initial hit now deal 75 magnitude down from 80.
    • Hellfire Ring DOT now deal 180 magnitude down from 220. Still bugged and deal 131 magnitude.
  • wilsonekpolskawilsonekpolska Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Hello
    have ask to enchant exchang. in mod will i bee able to exchang Rank 13 Brutal too Black ice enchatment ? or no bcs atm i dont see this option
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Yeah, the enchantment exchange isn't working/available for weapon/armor enchants, and normal enchants. Hopefully this is a bug and not intentional.
  • picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    Mount speed is just incredible slow. Even it is 80%,110% or 140% mount isnt faster then walking.
  • draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    lol..

where did MAd Dungeon go?

Scaling is broken as hell too.

Will mod 16 be delayed.. cos so many bugs and stuff missing..
  • wilsonekpolskawilsonekpolska Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    And if u have that problem with scaling all down i mean stats and mobs then scales up all old dungeons let them be for lvl 80.
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Lightning Bolt won't do damage on non-level ground/uphill/downhill (much like sudden storm).

• alfalolzalfalolz Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    Sun Burst feat is broken. When feated it still knowbacks everything .... and doesnt add extra pips.
  • alfalolzalfalolz Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    New Arbiter feath are looking ok, but Angel of Deaths as well as Perfect Balance is totally useless in pvp wise... we need to reduce number of stacks by half at least for perfect balance to be able to use it efficiently....
  • fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User

Some change for the wizard are not in the patch note=>

Empowering Flames is now removed and it is replaced by Frigid winds for Thaumaturge.

Arcanist have a new feat :

Iced Lightning:

Storm Pillar, Lightning Bolt(New name of Sudden Storm), Storm Spell and Storm Fury do 10% more damage to target affected by chill.

Thank you for those change.

I'd still call it "Conductive Ice," personally, but I'd love it if more classes had flexible, playstyle-theming feats like that.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Meh... please male stealth grant 1000% critical chance...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    There is no environment or music sound during character creation now that it is all updated to Undermountain.

At level 10 you are told that a 2nd Daily has unlocked, but that doesn't happen until level 12 now.

Post edited by obsidiancran3 on
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Hello
    have ask to enchant exchang. in mod will i bee able to exchang Rank 13 Brutal too Black ice enchatment ? or no bcs atm i dont see this option

Eveb if the enchant exchange comes back, the answer is probably "no"....you would be able to exchange Brutal for other 2-stat enchants like Vicious or Cruel or exchange Black Ice for 3-stat enchants like demonic or draconic.

Then again, maybe the BtA enchant exchange is just gone. I mean, you continue to be able to exchange obsolete stuff like Eldritch runestones and Insignia of Vigor/Leeching, but a general exchange for any weapon/armor/regular enchant...*shrug* Maybe it will be back, maybe it will get redesigned and maybe it will not show up.... no official comment on that yet.

Quite frankly, it's not such a big deal.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    The enchant exchange was always setup for an equivalent type of enchant - i.e. single stat for single stat, 2 stat for two stat etc. So Draconic for Black Ice exchange was possible, but not Brutal for Black Ice.

I agree with @adinosii , though - not a huge deal if it's not there, though it'd be nice if the new enchants were available, as an option.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Hello

Eveb if the enchant exchange comes back, the answer is probably "no"....you would be able to exchange Brutal for other 2-stat enchants like Vicious or Cruel or exchange Black Ice for 3-stat enchants like demonic or draconic.

Then again, maybe the BtA enchant exchange is just gone. I mean, you continue to be able to exchange obsolete stuff like Eldritch runestones and Insignia of Vigor/Leeching, but a general exchange for any weapon/armor/regular enchant...*shrug* Maybe it will be back, maybe it will get redesigned and maybe it will not show up.... no official comment on that yet.

poor people cant make enchantments from scratch so the exchange even for bta is big deal for them.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

adinosii said:

Hello

poor people cant make enchantments from scratch so the exchange even for bta is big deal for them.
    I believe that adinosii point is that even with the trade allowed, if it becomes bound and is not a permanent function is better (even for poor people, i'm one of them) to take more time and trade them, to not be bound to something, because later it may be more expensive to level him up than sell and buy a new (better) one... (usually happens to non bis stuff)
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    FYI: The enchantment exchange is back and enchantments pulled are still BtA.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

FYI: The enchantment exchange is back and enchantments pulled are still BtA.

armor and weapon aren't back though. wait were they ever there? or were they just confirmed to be avail at launch
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User

armor and weapon aren't back though. wait were they ever there? or were they just confirmed to be avail at launch

They're there as well. On the same tab as normal enchantments. IIRC they were always on the same tab.
This discussion has been closed.