test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.105.20181121b.28

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2019 in Patch Notes (PC)
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11102223
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Scroll of Mass Life: This item can no longer be used from inventory while dead.
    Scroll of Life: This item can no longer be used from the inventory when dead.

I don't use these items, but isn't that their primary function?

wb-cenders.gif
  • isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User

Not exactly.
    Can use when near death (character is on hand and knees and you have 12 secs to be revived by ally or scroll), but not when dead (no rez by ally option).
    (just what I'm assuming is how they are supposed to function)
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User

It was a well known bug that was being exploited (can say it now that it is going away).
    I didn't do it, but know many people who did. Could essentially bring yourself back after being DEAD dead, not just near-death.
    Good riddance.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • forumuser#2338 forumuser Member Posts: 8 Arc User

with this nonsense changes like this,

that we players can affirm that the module 16 will be a total failure...

p.s. just waiting for module 16 fail and the massive layoffs coming to save this game...

Its not a nonsense change, this is how they are supposed to work.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    People need to read ALL the notes, not only what they want to see:

"Note: These can still be properly used in the near death state."
    So this is effectively a bugfix, where you could use scrolls when dead-dead. Now you can only use them on a near-death state, which is exactly how they are supposed to be used.
  • violencebf22violencebf22 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Thx for your work/
  • ladyaradia#2029 ladyaradia Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Still no fix for the Legendary Adolescent Deepcrow's Combat Power? Still no fix for the Boar Shoat? Please, guys, fix these things.
  • ccynnccynn Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    you need a 6 hour shutdown for this?? if this isnt 15 minute weekly maintenance im just not sure what you can possibly fix that quickly??? you remember that we buy the stuff you sell? we are your customers right??why do you do these things at times when people play. you would be hard pressed to convince me that doing this at 2 or 3 am would disrupt the game less than at 8am est. the only reason is your convenience, so your programmers can work the normal schedule. way to put anything on earth before your customers.....again, and again, and again.
    I personally didn't mean to open a can of worms, but as I said, I never really used these two items. I used some of the free ones they gave us at events, but sold the rest. I felt it would become a habit, of running into obstacles, only to use them as a crutch to avoid actually overcoming the brick walls. Add to that they cost so much in the AH, it would defeat the purpose of making AD. The rare Greater Stone of Health and tears of Bahamut I already pop like candies. If the HP increases in the next module, I would expect to see a 50K or 75K health potion. As it takes 5 Exalted Potions (35K) to heal most of my 8 characters fully.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • forumuser#2338 forumuser Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    ccynn said:

you need a 6 hour shutdown for this?? if this isnt 15 minute weekly maintenance im just not sure what you can possibly fix that quickly??? you remember that we buy the stuff you sell? we are your customers right??why do you do these things at times when people play. you would be hard pressed to convince me that doing this at 2 or 3 am would disrupt the game less than at 8am est. the only reason is your convenience, so your programmers can work the normal schedule. way to put anything on earth before your customers.....again, and again, and again.

Because no time is convenient for the game, players are on around the clock. Doing it at that time means they have the people on-site if there is a problem and can move quickly to resolve it. And its not just applying a patch its server maintenance as well.
  • joachim#9556 joachim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Still no fix for the Legendary Adolescent Deepcrow's Combat Power? Still no fix for the Boar Shoat? Please, guys, fix these things.

(sigh) Still no fix for the Boar Shoat. Might as well just roast and eat the poor little PIGGY...

Moderator applied piggy filter.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User

I personally didn't mean to open a can of worms, but as I said, I never really used these two items. I used some of the free ones they gave us at events, but sold the rest. I felt it would become a habit, of running into obstacles, only to use them as a crutch to avoid actually overcoming the brick walls. Add to that they cost so much in the AH, it would defeat the purpose of making AD. The rare Greater Stone of Health and tears of Bahamut I already pop like candies. If the HP increases in the next module, I would expect to see a 50K or 75K health potion. As it takes 5 Exalted Potions (35K) to heal most of my 8 characters fully.

Honestly, I'm surprised life scrolls and stones of health were not nerfed (maybe "usable only on campaigns and quests, not in endgame dungeons").

As you say, scrolls and stones of health are a crutch. They allow us to be reckless, lazy and not worry about threat/defense/health bar. I mean, who cares? Just a pop a scroll.

The one very good trend the devs have made with KTeam and Event dungeons is "death has consequences".

KTeam is actually scary in the final boss fight when that red circle appears beneath your feet. This is a thrill we haven't had in years in NW. It's a good thing.

Now with Mod 16, removing our Deadpool-like immortality (scrolls and stones) would almost seem like a necessary compliment to the "tanking and healing are essential" theme.
    Otherwise the choice becomes "bring a healer or bring stacks of stones and scrolls", which is the opposite of their intent, isn't it?
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • garamore1garamore1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    ccynn said:

so your programmers can work the normal schedule. way to put anything on earth before your customers.....again, and again, and again.

How dare a company care for their employees by not making them leave their homes, wives and babies at 2am at night.
  • ccynnccynn Member Posts: 11 Arc User

Because no time is convenient for the game, players are on around the clock. Doing it at that time means they have the people on-site if there is a problem and can move quickly to resolve it. And its not just applying a patch its server maintenance as well.

not trying to argue with ya, but i work 2nd shift, my main play time is morning est. i get home at midnight, i have stayed up and played til 4 or 5 in the morning plenty of times and the difference in server traffic is huge, its noticeable even to me. if this fix was applied at 3 am or even a little earlier it would be done by 9am, a time when the rest of their crew is on to put out any fires that may have happened. the fact is it simply doesnt enter their minds that they are hosing ppl who pay their bills,it never will and we all know it.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    garamore1 said:

ccynn said:

so your programmers can work the normal schedule. way to put anything on earth before your customers.....again, and again, and again.

How dare a company care for their employees by not making them leave their homes, wives and babies at 2am at night.
    How dare a company not utilize slave labor to keep their completely rational customer base happy. ;)
    Food for thought @ccynn you are not a customer. You never own anything or bought anything from Cryptic. The client software on your hard drive is on a free lease agreement. Any cash you pay into the game will vaporize with; the account getting banned, an update patch removing virtual purchases, the termination of the game, etc.. We are called "PARTICIPANTS AND USERS" by the End User License Agreement, not customers or clients.

Anything paid to the Zen Store for virtual goods, should be look upon as a charitable donation to keep servers and game running. The virtual goods received should be viewed as a perk for donating. If you never buy zen, there is even less of a point to argue about the work ethics of Cryptic employees.

As for the time of day, Cryptic is based in Los Gatos, California, these repairs are being done during normal work hours. Other companies have sever shutdowns as well. The small 2 hour shutdown is normally for making back ups and banks do this every night not just once a week. This 6 hour downtime is more than what they are saying in the patch notes, as they are about to implement module 16 on the Preview server tomorrow.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • lipbulllipbull Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    Hello - thx for patching, but...
    your fix is only - If players had at least 135 Coins of Tales Told by the end of the Tales of Old: Lair of the Mad Dragon event, a Fabled Chapter has now been placed in their inventory
    The Problem here is...what about players, who didn´t get the whole coins - for example did 5/5 and get 16 coins instead of 32 or get one coin in their bag and can´t open to do the daily max of them?
    I for example run it multiple times and get for 5/5 successfully runs from 1 - 16 coins instead of the whole currency.
    What about the players who where disconnect and can´t rejoin.
    Do you restart/repeat/extend the quest (maybe over a weekend) that all of us have the chance to successfully ended it?
    My hint for further hard things like that is to let it ran over 10 days for ex. from thursday to next Sunday/Monday?
    If you can´t do that...did we have lost 1 event and maybe can buy the things for fabled chapter 3 month later than the people who successfully get their fabled chapter?

Sry for my bad english and thank you for taking note, ObelX

• wolfiekahn#3786 wolfiekahn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2019

Food for thought @ccynn you are not a customer. You never own anything or bought anything from Cryptic. The client software on your hard drive is on a free lease agreement. Any cash you pay into the game will vaporize with; the account getting banned, an update patch removing virtual purchases, the termination of the game, etc.. We are called "PARTICIPANTS AND USERS" by the End User License Agreement, not customers or clients.

Anything paid to the Zen Store for virtual goods, should be look upon as a charitable donation to keep servers and game running. The virtual goods received should be viewed as a perk for donating. If you never buy zen, there is even less of a point to argue about the work ethics of Cryptic employees.

As for the time of day, Cryptic is based in Los Gatos, California, these repairs are being done during normal work hours. Other companies have sever shutdowns as well. The small 2 hour shutdown is normally for making back ups and banks do this every night not just once a week. This 6 hour downtime is more than what they are saying in the patch notes, as they are about to implement module 16 on the Preview server tomorrow.

uh their calender shows that it wont be hitting preview until Mar 5th .. i just checked cause i looking see if there was anymore info on changes since i read the new dev blog announcing a change to the boons system (which seems from what they explain pretty good) Its listed right after the thing on feb 25th where they talk about state of game and stuff

• kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

The main draw for the new Festival of Lanterns event was the Boar Shoat - required the most grind -for a pet who, at present, still has no active bonus...

I'm pinging this again only because I am concerned if it isn't fixed BEFORE M16 drops we may never see it fixed.
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    Events

Players will no longer be placed in Protector’s Enclave when they are disconnected during a Hunt or in a Tales of Old dungeon.

@nitocris83 please remove the rule of one party for one run. Or at least make a possiblity to leave dungeon or party for time and meet again in few hours. Because 2 hours of runs is too bored and tiring.
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

uh their calender shows that it wont be hitting preview until Mar 5th

uh, no.

I would estimate a 95% chance of it hitting Preview today as scheduled - unless they discover a last-minute issue that makes the build too broken to play (we know there will be bugs in the first Preview release - but it has to be "playable").

If there is a delay, it will probably mean one week delay, but as I said, a release in ...uh, about 12 hours from now looks most likely.

As for (live) release of Mod 16, my estimate back in January was for April 9th, and I suspect that was the original goal - whether that is realistic depends on how long it takes to fix and find the remaining bugs.

Hoping for improvements...
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Now with Mod 16, removing our Deadpool-like immortality (scrolls and stones) would almost seem like a necessary compliment to the "tanking and healing are essential" theme.
    Otherwise the choice becomes "bring a healer or bring stacks of stones and scrolls", which is the opposite of their intent, isn't it?

If those still have 15 seconds+ cooldowns you still wont make it without a healer around :D

uh their calender shows that it wont be hitting preview until Mar 5th .. i just checked cause i looking see if there was anymore info on changes since i read the new dev blog announcing a change to the boons system (which seems from what they explain pretty good) Its listed right after the thing on feb 25th where they talk about state of game and stuff

Downloading +3 GB patch on Preview right now. I don't know about the calendar, just what people been saying. Heading into Preview to see if anything changes. Have fun! <3

wb-cenders.gif
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

(sigh) Still no fix for the Boar Shoat. Might as well just roast and eat the poor little PIGGY...

Moderator applied piggy filter.
    Mmmm... Bacon. Nom nom nom!
  • nightelven#9514 nightelven Member Posts: 16 Arc User

ccynn said:

Should Make time .... for the big changes "Rome wasn't Built in a Day" !!!
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Players are still being shunted to PE if they disconnect during ToO, and it is now April.