test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Acquisitions Incorporated

devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
I do not know how the heck to do or follow these quests. I do the rep-eatables over and over with no advancement. How do I progress through this one?

Chastain

Cheers,
Ulfrik Dragonsyre
Hero of Neverwinter
Retribution Paladin of the realm
Siring quality Dragons for mounts and pets

Comments

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

I do not know how the heck to do or follow these quests. I do the rep-eatables over and over with no advancement. How do I progress through this one?

Chastain

Literally you do the same stuff over and over. Open your Campaign tab and look at the progression "tree" there to find out more. As you do the quests you will get more quests which you have to repeat over and over again.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    Basically that.

Check your campaign page, repeat what is available until you can do the next campaign task, then add the new mission into the repeating assignments until you complete the campaign.
  • prethenprethen Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    Like so many campaigns, this one gets quite tedious. I finally "finished" it a couple of weeks ago. Keep in mind, that you can earn acorns faster (i.e. more weekly quests available) if you don't immediately go for spending your acorns on the boon part of the tree but rather progress up the campaign chain. It's a trade off, but you'll progress faster each week by getting those extra quests and you're not forced to do the stupid Basement quest for a measly 5 acorns per try. I've read where some players will maddeningly do that over and over again every day up to their max weekly haul. I just couldn't do it. I just did the weekly quests once per week and dealt with the dragged out amount of time to progress.

However, now, that I'm done, I'm stuck in a different way. When you've done them all, you get a quest to do Castle Never in hard-core lower item-level mode (which I learned can only be done in private teams) to earn a special coin that can be used towards some very sweet gear. The problem is getting a private group together...at least for me. I can't seem to do it. Plus, I'm concerned that I might be smooshed very easily if it's that hard-core and not even worth my time. And, you'd have to do it multiple times for each piece of gear.
  • tholthertholther Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    prethen said:

...However, now, that I'm done, I'm stuck in a different way. When you've done them all, you get a quest to do Castle Never in hard-core lower item-level mode (which I learned can only be done in private teams) to earn a special coin that can be used towards some very sweet gear. The problem is getting a private group together...at least for me. I can't seem to do it. Plus, I'm concerned that I might be smooshed very easily if it's that hard-core and not even worth my time. And, you'd have to do it multiple times for each piece of gear.

I think most of us have the same problem. I guess that if you are a very expert player with the right boons and other stuff and with a friend group with high IL you could do it. Alas most of the players -me among them- do not meet those requirements. So I pass.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    prethen said:

However, now, that I'm done, I'm stuck in a different way. When you've done them all, you get a quest to do Castle Never in hard-core lower item-level mode (which I learned can only be done in private teams) to earn a special coin that can be used towards some very sweet gear. The problem is getting a private group together...at least for me. I can't seem to do it. Plus, I'm concerned that I might be smooshed very easily if it's that hard-core and not even worth my time. And, you'd have to do it multiple times for each piece of gear.

You are referring to the K-team weekly random dungeon selection.

Well I do have a positive note to tell you. Don't stress about this. All that gear offered from completing K-team will be obsolete in a few weeks. You can obtain better gear than AI campaign gear in the new mod much much easier and you don't need to meet any item level requirements or difficulty. So just jump in, do the new campaign when it launches and you'll be with everyone else at the same point as everyone else.

So if you feel stuck now, don't worry you will be caught up with everyone else soon. Totally forget about that AI k-team quest. Its a waste of time now.

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    krumple01 said:

prethen said:

You are referring to the K-team weekly random dungeon selection.

Well I do have a positive note to tell you. Don't stress about this. All that gear offered from completing K-team will be obsolete in a few weeks. You can obtain better gear than AI campaign gear in the new mod much much easier and you don't need to meet any item level requirements or difficulty. So just jump in, do the new campaign when it launches and you'll be with everyone else at the same point as everyone else.

So if you feel stuck now, don't worry you will be caught up with everyone else soon. Totally forget about that AI k-team quest. Its a waste of time now.

Totally agree - dont do the K-Team stuff unless you want a challenge. The iL600 stuff isnt really that good anyway and takes WEEKS to grins out each piece
  • prethenprethen Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    Thanks guys for the confirmation that I'm not going to regret missing out on that stuff. I sort of thought that would be the case with the upcoming upgrade. Briefly, though...what's the K-Team and how does a player get involved with that? Will that no longer be a "thing" in the upgrade?
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    prethen said:

Thanks guys for the confirmation that I'm not going to regret missing out on that stuff. I sort of thought that would be the case with the upcoming upgrade. Briefly, though...what's the K-Team and how does a player get involved with that? Will that no longer be a "thing" in the upgrade?

K-team is a quest pick up from NPC in AI headquarters. The way it works is you put together a decent to good party and in the "L" panel you can set the instance options. Which means you set it to no deaths and reduced item level. This means NO ONE can die at all during the dungeon run. Anyone dies, its game over. You can try it as many times as it takes but death resets it 100%. This is why I say good team. You can't public queue for it, it must be private.

If you manage to complete the dungeon you can turn in the quest for a handful of AI campaign currency.

The reason it won't be worth doing now and after new mod is because the gear you can buy with the AI currency will be obsolete. You can get better equipment with less work, less requirements, and easier. It makes AI armor not worth getting. So the ONLY reason to run k-team in mod 16 is for the challenge of it. So if you go in don't even worry about currency, its a waste of time.