test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sell Me Your Foundry

hav0clolhav0clol Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
edited March 2019 in The Foundry
I'd like to play some awesome Foundries before I can't anymore. Promote your quest/campaign here. Please accompany it with roughly how long it'll take. Feel free to promote other people's foundries here, provided it is possible to complete it still (you have played it after the last time the author edited the Foundry). Here are some cool ones I have played:

Story/Combat mix:
Tired of Being the Hero (around 20 minutes)
Bill's Tavern (around 10 minutes)
The Doomguides' Folly (around 30 minutes)

Jump Maps:
Steampunk City: The Port (still in For Review, around 20 minutes depending on how good you are). Short Code: NW-DH9VPSSSL
Post edited by hav0clol on

Comments

• warrianswarrians Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Zero to Hero. I will gladly finish episodes 4 and 5, IF by some miracle the accept button bug is fixed as a last mercy to us. Of course, assuming its an unintended bug.

Now, a little about Z2H

The campaign is themed around some touchy subjects like time travel and paradoxes - As the books state that deities "wont allow those to happen".
    The entire thing is planned to be split in 5 chapters - Wilfred and the bridge, Wilfred in Neverdeath, Wilfred in the Feywild (Which had to be split into 3 sub-chapters), then Wilfred in the Enclave and finally Wilfred in the Dread Ring (The two last both to be made, and the last battle of the last split of Feywild is WIP).
    Its my first foundry, dont expect 100 tons of detail. hey I have a deadline now. Lol.

I focus on replayability -Change your class, and you get a different experience. Make a mistake on purpose, or take someones side rather than their enemy, and you get a different experience. Find one item you missed before, you get a different experience. Find them ALL, you get a different experience. Stray from the road, you get a different experience. Retrieve your items on a subsequent episode (Proving that you really did X or Y) and you get a different experience. I am 100% sure theres more typing invested in the secrets than in the main story.

I update daily and i publish every update as to test it outside of the foundry toolset environment. I still plan on delivering the whole thing before April 11st. Because If i dont, then what the hell did i put all this work on it for ??

ISSUES: English is not my main language (nor the second), and the foundry is not my first choice when it comes to hunting typos. As multi tasking NWO is beyond the capabilities of my machine, I can not plan all the text on a text editor and then just copy paste it inside. Also, I can not help you much with audio - The audio used is configured with the gracious help of a good friend whos not always available. Lets just say my headphones are permanently broken. Oh yeah, and Im aware about Realm Of Malabog. i keep bringing those cyclopses down the trees to the ground, but when i publish, some sort of alluring magic high atop the trees keep luring them back up. Figures. Best i could do so far was to reposition a few of them and make those cycs who WANT to stick to the ground.... Respawn. The cycs arent the only ones.

Post edited by warrians on
  • hav0clolhav0clol Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    Yea lol I submitted a bug report but don't hold your breath
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Republishing your quests makes them playable again. I've notified @nitocris83 that we need the devs to kick off an auto-republish but forgive me if I'm just a tiny bit skeptical that they'll actually do it (and I'm sick as a dog with a fever so I'm decidedly grumpy).

As for the OP, I'd be honored if you gave my two released quests a try. The first one is a lot longer than the second, but so far everyone who has run it loved it. It's definitely a *ahem* "unique" take on certain fey creatures. Cap Snatchers is part 1 and Blood Magic is part 2.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    thats great to know ill go repub mine asap
    hustin1 said:

Republishing your quests makes them playable again. I've notified @nitocris83 that we need the devs to kick off an auto-republish but forgive me if I'm just a tiny bit skeptical that they'll actually do it (and I'm sick as a dog with a fever so I'm decidedly grumpy).

As for the OP, I'd be honored if you gave my two released quests a try. The first one is a lot longer than the second, but so far everyone who has run it loved it. It's definitely a *ahem* "unique" take on certain fey creatures. Cap Snatchers is part 1 and Blood Magic is part 2.

It works! *Hearts* IT WORKS!!!!!! I just played redcap snatchers, i will post a thread about it because i find the review box a bit limited.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I've spent the past four years trying to sell the concept of the Foundry to the playerbase. It was an uphill battle from the beginning. In the end, it was all energy I should've put into creating more. My quests are all republished, including the ones I won't be able to finish. Play them if you'd like. It's hard to sell something when you're left with nothing but defeat.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5

I've spent the past four years trying to sell the concept of the Foundry to the playerbase. It was an uphill battle from the beginning. In the end, it was all energy I should've put into creating more. My quests are all republished, including the ones I won't be able to finish. Play them if you'd like. It's hard to sell something when you're left with nothing but defeat.

You are only defeated when you lose to someone or something you could learn absolutely nothing from. If you lose but learn from it, then you lost, but you were not defeated. Thank you for all your hard work, and I will be honored to play your quests.
  • jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    hav0clol said:

I'd like to play some awesome Foundries before I can't anymore. Promote your quest/campaign here. Please accompany it with roughly how long it'll take. Feel free to promote other people's foundries here, provided it is possible to complete it still (you have played it after the last time the author edited the Foundry). Here are some cool ones I have played:

Story/Combat mix:
    Tired of Being the Hero (around 20 minutes)
    Bill's Tavern (around 10 minutes)
    The Doomguides' Folly (around 30 minutes)

Jump Maps:
    Steampunk City: The Port (still in For Review, around 20 minutes depending on how good you are). Short Code: NW-DH9VPSSSL

here is my pride and joy NW-DNCCX95KTL
    you can also watch it on youtube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QLtkmhnbP4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Children of the Fey is the final chapter in The Redcap Snatchers saga. It ties up everything that I was trying to accomplish in breathing life into redcaps and I couldn't feel better about how the story turned out in the end.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    Wilfred in the Dread Ring (Zero to Hero episode 5) is half complete. it will be complete by my morning the 10th, or else I will eat my hat !
    It is done. the campaign that ate months of my sleep is at 100 %

this maintenance scheduled for 7 AM will probably take the foundry down for good, but still i hope someone will play.

EPISODE 5 (WILFRED IN THE DREAD RING, WIP LAST DAY ) NW-DJK22Y7CJ
This discussion has been closed.