test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Further to the above, I noticed that same thing, but my Sylphs (that I checked) have different names.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • epicfenix43epicfenix43 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I know it has many this will not be passed to one's sight ... but it is interesting to see how some comrades are changing their look going towards the style of the 5th edition of
    D&d, just look at this Kobold's slyblade to see the difference between live and beta.

The new model of the kobolds is very beautiful and reflects the style of the 5th edition, the textures are also much better than the old version, I hope this is the beginning of many small graphic updates you have models, not only do you have companions but also many enemies and NPCs in play.

In fact, I would like many models of other comrades to be updated, such as the werewolf for example, it would be nice if the model of the werewolf comrade was like the Barovia werewolf. It would also be nice to see Ogre, goblin Orchi etc ... with updated models in 5th edition style, the goblin models then I always found them a bit horrible and did not reflect the style of Artwork by D&d officers.

• douglasopferbeckdouglasopferbeck Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    New patch is up and won’t have a chance to test until tomorrow. Companions damage improve at all?
  • tardbathtardbath Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Companion gear with reinforcement kits take a +880 ca bonus that not only counts as raw stats for companion, but it also might counts as +combined rating for the pet.
    The user can reincforce his gear on live and have the the companion gear ready to go for mod 16 !! plz take a look on this.

Best
    Okay, companion damage appears to be the same, but all classes seem to be stealth nerfed (not in patch notes) by about 20+% It’s getting close to the point most content will require groups...
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Companions and augments seem to be near equal in stats , legendary augment at lev 80 spends 27k HP.
    Doing solo content a healing companion is my best friend plus some boons on top. Actually I can do some small heroics in Barovia at IL 20800, but I doubt this is gonna work for less geared chars with lower stats and boons.
    Outside a group you will have severe problems doing daily solo content at lev 70, missing incoming heals same as mitigation option, since your defensive stats are simply too bad.
    Actually I thought about putting all efforts into defense for my striker, cap should be 57k at lev 70, right?
    Ignoring Deflect and Awarness same as Crit resist but maxing my defense seems to be the most reasonable way to go in times of near "no selfheal" options for some builds. Green Slime up to legendary... a lot of AD to waste.
    I run that angel of protection actually, who did an adaequat job. Annyone can recommand a better one in mod 16 ?
  • dottynessy#7710 dottynessy Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Companions at-wills still do 0 damage and seems only few companion encounters sometimes do some damage. Either run a augment or a healer comp as it stands now. Comp system might aswell just be a "cosmetic statstick with sound" right now.

Hope its not intended and comp damage gets actually fixed.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Deleted - fixed - thank you.

Post edited by kemnimtarkas on
    edited April 2019
    Companions do not indicate if a Player Bonus Power is Utility/Defense/Offence, so for those of us with Tank options that are heavily Defense/Utility there is no way to know if a Player Bonus Power is at all usable for us or if when we get the companion it needs to be providing a better bonus that our 1 option for offence powers.

I really wish the whole defense/offence/utility thing would go away, even if do understand why it is there for balancing.

Redemption says that it will recover 4% of your "max health" over 15s. So if that is (4/15)%/s with 395735 HP I would expecct to get 1055 HP a second.

It says the quality of the summoned pet affects the recovery, so 4% is presumably for Legendary. I have a blue pet summoned, so even if I'm only getting 1/4 of that I would expect around 250 HP/s, but I am getting 40 HP/s.
    Post edited by obsidiancran3 on
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    @zimxero#8085 Have you check the quasit ? ;) Stats are just lol
  • ultimatefgt123ultimatefgt123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User

Also, it is noteable that Critical Severity of 1% was rated as equal to 1000 of a stat. This is under-rated. I suggest doubling all of the critical severitiy boosts on all companions. 1% of a stat gives 1% damage boost or damage reduction in best conditions. 1% critical severity only fires on a critical hit (half of the time)... so it averages at .5% damage increase each.

+1
    It would be helpful if companions that do damage stopped referring to % and started referring to magnitude.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    > @tassedethe13 said:
    > @zimxero#8085 Have you check the quasit ? ;) Stats are just lol

They fixed Quasit stats this last patch...
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    > @kemnimtarkas said:
    > Checked out the latest patch today - still checking in on my pack mule alt to see if the BtoC companion issue has been addressed - it has not...with 8 days until release.
    >
    > Devs - please don't make us wait until release day to see if you are going to be true to your word about fixing this issue.

The bound companions issue was fixed long ago.

Anything bound remains bound of course. Make a new copy of you pack mule.
  • itzlapolaloltzitzlapolaloltz Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Does anyone know if Alpha Compy was fixed?
    Issue: dont summon compy buddies
  • skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    Are player bonus slots (availability) going to be shown on companion tooltips? Right now, you only see where it can be slotted when choosing from the list of bound companions or at binding. It would really be helpful in character planning if we could see which slots player bonuses apply to before obtaining and choosing to bind them. As now, you can't really tell from either the collections page or auction house so it's a gamble on hoping the power is for a slot you need (since we do, thankfully, have offensive defensive, offensive utility, and vice versa). I know there are community built "databases" for that but... QoL.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    If no companions get nerfed before launch, a list of 13 Best in Slot PvE companions already exists for player powers.

I did not include the 8,000 stat companion for Critical Hit because this stat is easily capped without augmentation by end game. Tutor is possibly the best companion for characters under level 71, and was not included. We still do not know which companions are best in active slots, or if it is higly situational. note: Black Death Scorpion only makes the list if the "chance" is at least 50%.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2019

note: Black Death Scorpion only makes the list if the "chance" is at least 50%.

uhm....Black Death Scorpion gives you CA...that's the biggest reason for using it, IMO, at least for solo play for classes that have no powers that give CA.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Panther - Increases the power of your attacks against rooted targets by 10% (Duration of 10 sec? i thik)

Paranoid Delusion - Increases At-Will damage against disable, or held targets by 10% (Duration of 10 sec? i think)

add the Slyblade Kobold and Boom!!!

HR and CW the new Gods.
    Companions that give raw stats are low in value, getting to cap on anything but Combat Advantage is relatively easy without choosing such huge buffs from a pet. Ultimately you just cannot get some stats down close to cap, they will exceed it for everything.

Healing effects fit into that same weak category due to the magnitude of self heals out of combat. Especially if Redemption works per current tool tip (which it doesn’t atm).

The best effects all apply damage or increase damage out put, so Power buffing simple stat buffs work well still, but not as well.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User

Panther - Increases the power of your attacks against rooted targets by 10% (Duration of 10 sec? i thik)

Paranoid Delusion - Increases At-Will damage against disable, or held targets by 10% (Duration of 10 sec? i think)

HR and CW the new Gods.

If only one could actually root or disable bosses.
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User

HR and CW the new Gods.

If only one could actually root or disable bosses.

I believe that the effects are activated equal to the controlled moment of the CW and the Combatant's Maneuver of Inisgnia Bonus even the targets being immune.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    Hmmm.. what if.... yeah....

What if they push us for augments so much, because active companions - tens of them, are having hundrets of skills, so its against new MOD 16 "lets be clones" rule, and on top of that it leads to a situatoin where some skills on some companions may be bugged (like Kobold) and left unnoticed and.. you know.... break loose from strictly controlled environment of MOD 16?

So instead of putting a lot of work to sort this out and made regular companions viable again its a lot easier to nerf them to the ground, and this way force evey reasonable player to choose augment (add more stat bonus on top of augment and literraly no1 will bother with regular companions any more).

Make sense?
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User

That's right.
    They've taken the easy way out...
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    The result of using Slyblade Kobold's slotted benefit against a Rotter I held with Banishment while in the Twisted Caverns :

[4/19 22:57] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Holy Avenger deals 1 Radiant Damage to Rotter.
    [4/19 22:57] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Smite deals 14 Radiant Damage to Rotter.
    [4/19 22:58] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Holy Avenger deals 1 Radiant Damage to Rotter.
    [4/19 22:58] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Smite deals 16 Radiant Damage to Rotter.

Really? My only really damage encounter and THIS is my 100% boost? Please fix this.

~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Owlbear cub doesn't seem to work, can.'t see any procs

If no companions get nerfed before launch, a list of 13 Best in Slot PvE companions already exists for player powers.

I did not include the 8,000 stat companion for Critical Hit because this stat is easily capped without augmentation by end game. Tutor is possibly the best companion for characters under level 71, and was not included. We still do not know which companions are best in active slots, or if it is higly situational. note: Black Death Scorpion only makes the list if the "chance" is at least 50%.

While I largely disagree with this list for level 80 content, for scaled content those +stat companions are pure gold!
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Companions that give raw stats are low in value, getting to cap on anything but Combat Advantage is relatively easy without choosing such huge buffs from a pet. Ultimately you just cannot get some stats down close to cap, they will exceed it for everything.

Deepcrow Hatchling and Energon are "must-have"s IMO, as they give you the uncapped stats (HP and Power).

Hoping for improvements...