test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: General Feedback

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Is it just me, or are five of the destinations on the map now inaccessible? The names are in upper case and clicking on them does not send me anywhere. The other destinations work fine.

Hoping for improvements...
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Have patch note of new patch?

Have patch note of new patch?

Yes. See the Announcements/Release Notes section
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    > @adinosii said:
    > Is it just me, or are five of the destinations on the map now inaccessible? The names are in upper case and clicking on them does not send me anywhere. The other destinations work fine.

Looks like they are the names of the levels, but you access them through the gate. Kind of odd to make them icons though instead of just layering the text on the image.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Those are the names of the levels, previously missing. Weird that they gave them icons though.
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Bug. Cinematic for the Alchemist in which alchemist turns into Slaad played randomly. Can not determine trigger.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.

I grant the distinction, withdraw the accusation, and will leave it at "they're not 'killing fun' because they 'want to.'"

In the current meta, the power creep of specific builds led to a very, very narrow "viable" composition; fighters were pruned almost completely out of the tank pool because encounters had to challenge paladins with colossal amounts of temp HP; the powershare mechanics of two healing classes made them more efficient for damage output than two additional dps, warlock healing and gwf tanking technically had build options but were completely unsupported by the actual meta... the problems were manifold and fixes were necessary. They HAD to make changes.

I think we can agree that many of these changes are suboptimal, however.

The changes to attribute functionality has led to some vary tabletop-counterintuitive builds; not gamebreaking, but frustrating for people enamored of the IP.

The changes to feats have narrowed them too aggressively, and have failed to capture player interest by feeling genuinely good to take, or in other words, "worth their opportunity cost" in the way they are felt to restrict power usage.

Many of use will miss mechanics that have been removed, due to their multiplicative interaction with other mechanics.

Many powers have had functionality stripped, removing a lot of the feeling of variety between different options.

"they're not 'killing fun' because they 'want to.'" Yeah that was probably a little Harsh on my part. It was a HAMSTER thing to say and yeah i was out of line. You were right to call me on it.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    I mean, the bottom line is that they're trying to rebuild the game from the ground up without having to actually rebuild it from the ground up.

What they "should" (not really) do is shut down the server, and develop an actual Neverwinter 2, without all the balance problems from the current game, because it wouldn't *have* to reference all of the elements of the current game. Design classes from the ground up, without having to narrowly fit yourself into the powers, gear, companions, boons, etc that already exist. Instead, the game is kept with that straight jacket.

I put should in quote marks because that would require actually BUILDING a new game, not to mention that many of the existing player base would flat-out revolt. Someone more familiar with Everquest 2 can say whether that project was successful, but I'm guessing it would be an issue.

You can't fix a broken foundation, but that's what they're trying to do. It'll be playable, and people who have a lot of time (like me) and money invested in it won't entirely lose all of that, so there's definitely a lot of reasons it's preferable (outside of the obvious expense of building a new game). But it'll never click the same way an outright Neverwinter 2 would if it existed, and the game's just going to get progressively wonkier as time goes on.
  • ornaldornald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Uncorrected mistake in profession

The commission of task seems to be fixed by the task level, but some tasks are not so.

Gathering level 63 order Woodlily's commission is 47 silver 81 copper instead of 44 silver 24 copper.
    Alchemy level 30 task Potion of Healing's commission is 3 silver 16 copper instead of 5 silver 21 copper.
    Alchemy level 38 task Flask of Potency's commission is 7 silver 10 copper instead of 7 silver 45 copper.
    Alchemy level 62 task Major Flask of Potency's commission is 44 silver 24 copper instead of 40 silver 90 copper.
    Alchemy level 65 task Potion of Grand Healing's commission is 75 silver instead of 51 silver 65 copper.
    Alchemy level 69 task Potion of Exalted Healing's commission is 1 gold 40 silver instead of 69 silver 81 copper (Too expensive !!).
    Armorsmithing level 31 task Steel Armguards' commission is 6 silver 77 copper instead of 5 silver 44 copper.
    Armorsmithing level 31 task Steel Bracers' commission is 6 silver 77 copper instead of 5 silver 44 copper.
    Armorsmithing level 32 task Steel Greaves' commission is 7 silver 10 copper instead of 5 silver 68 copper.
    Armorsmithing level 33 task Steel Sollerets' commission is 7 silver 10 copper instead of 5 silver 93 copper.
    Armorsmithing level 34 task Steel Scale Harness' commission is 7 silver 84 copper instead of 6 silver 19 copper.
    Blacksmithing level 42 task Mithral Raising Hammer's commission is 11 silver 15 copper instead of 9 silver 25 copper.

Iron Nails required in following task, but cannot craft.

Armorsmithing level 70 task Oak Trunk
    Armorsmithing level 70 task Pair of Oak Trunks
    Artificing level 70 task Simple Dining Table
    Masterwork Artificing II task Ebony Dining Table
    Masterwork Artificing II task Oak Dining Table

And, Some Profession resources are not replaced or cannot exchange by retainer.
    Basic Alchemical Knowledge, Residuum, Scroll of Mass Protection from Dragons, Primordial Goo, resources of Summer Provisioning and resources of Black Ice Shaping.
    Post edited by ornald on
  • ornaldornald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Wrong names are left uncorrected for a long time
    • Masterwork Accessories III
      Fanged Restoration Ring is shown as Beaded Restoration Ring.

Current Masterwork Accessories III include Beaded Assault Ring, Beaded Restoration Ring, Bronzewood Raid Ring and Lichstone Ward Ring. Not exist Fanged Ring.
      Masterwork Waist Sets III include Beaded Sash, Bronzewood Sash, Fanged Sash and Lichstone Sash.
      Comparing the above two, Masterwork Accessories III is heterogeneous.
    • Masterwork Neck Sets III
      Fanged Amulet is shown as Fanged Beaded Amulet.
      Other names are Beaded Amulet, Bronzewood Amulet and Lichstone Amulet.
    • Masterwork Waist Sets II
      Name of Silverspruce Sash below rank 15 (uncommon) is "Silverspruce Belt".
    • Ranger's Masterwork Armor III
      Those name's prefixes are still "leather". Warlock and Rogue's Armor changed from "leather" to "dinohide". Is this unhcnaged?
    • Wizard's Masterwork Armor III
      Prefixes for these names are various. Bronzewood, Feathered, Jute and Silk.
      Prefixes of other classes are unified, Wizard's set is not-unified and heterogeneous.
    • Paladin's Huntsman Armor
      Huntsman Restoration Poleyns is shown as Huntsman Restoration Gaiters.
      Gaiters is Ranger's Footwear and Huntsman Ward Poleyns is not wrong.
    • Wizard's Thayan Servitor Armor
      Gloves of the Thayan Servitor is shown as Gloves of the Thayan Zealot.
      Names of other pieces in Collection are Cowl of the Thayan Servitor, Boots of the Thayan Servitor and Robes of the Thayan Servitor.
      And, Gloves of the Thayan Zealot is one of a piece of Thayan Zealot Equipment Collection (it's a removed collection).
    Post edited by ornald on
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Ahm why would you take a cleric to solo? It’s no better than any other class at doing solo content.

People are not telling @bpstuart to play a cleric, they are telling them to take a healer pet, and if they are telling bpstuart to play a cleric they are sadly misinforming him. (Yes I have played all the classes to varying degrees in the prior weeks, still re-leveling Pali this week.)
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    There's faster and slower soloing depending on class/path, but of the four that I've run through, solo is still doable. The faster and slower part is because of how roles are designed for the new holy trinity, and some people are going to complain about that, but everything I've tried has been totally doable. I mean, my devout isn't soloing dungeons, but neither is my AC on live so nothing lost there.
  • davidmokidavidmoki Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Most stuff I can solo on mod 15 I can't solo in mod 16 (or I can if I use Stone of Health), I can't tell if the problem is the gear downscale or just Barb been heavily under-powered, either way, its not fine, Trivial stuff like River district heroic events, Barovia weeklies or Chult weeklies dungeons (aka Fane) should all be possible for soloing without the use of stone of health, unless the whole point of mod 16 is forcing us to spend money to buy them.
    Edit: and of course everything is taking longer now, A boss that I can kill in 20 sec with no problem, now takes 2minutes and 1 charge of Stone of health.
    Post edited by davidmoki on
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    I did a little bit of work on some of the runic areas. My general feedback:

1. The mobs themselves are scaled fairly well. The huge health regeneration of some mobs needs to be removed though - it simply wont work for low dps classes.

2. I do NOT appreciate the instances that have the multiple tornados. Being bounced around like a pinball, having a large percent of your health lost as a result, while simultaneously being attacked by mobs is going to irritate a lot of players. Change it to just one tornado please, or lose them altogether.

3. I got the first item on the quest list to drop. Nothing else would drop - it appears to be broken.
    edited April 2019
    Boons are going to become the new meta. We aren't even going to be free from the Meta Megaminds calling everyone suboptimal but we are still hampered in our builds right off the bat.
    Sure the old feats were obtuse but we got to build through them as we go, now we have to grind till we get awarded points to start even thinking of customizing ourselves.

I really hope they start award Boon points in the old dungeons and quests so we can start custimizing our build before 70.

I really don't mind if fights are going to take longer for levels that are above my current level but going back to places like Sharander and Dread Ring for dailies and having it take longer than is did when I was ten levels lower is pure bunk.

I did some testing of things like Phantasmal Fortress and other solo stuff. The content as a whole takes about 50% longer than it used to, but because I spend a good chunk of the time running between fights, the main cause of the delay is that the actual fights take maybe twice as long as they used to do.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

You can't fix a broken foundation, but that's what they're trying to do. It'll be playable, and people who have a lot of time (like me) and money invested in it won't entirely lose all of that...

I partially agree, in that I've now been playing this game for 5 years (jeez...that sounds so much longer when I write it out) and have no intention of completely walking away at this point.

BUT, if the difficulty in existing zones increases while the rewards remain stagnant (or get worse), and they maintain the same level of grind needed for all non-Undermountain zones (think STK, Cloaked, Chult, etc) I'm definitely taking another extended break. Maybe check back in for the Protector's Jubilee in June.

And if it still seems icky then, probably taking another longer break until maybe Halloween...assuming there's still a game to come back to at that point.
    adinosii said:

bpstuart said:

Boons are going to become the new meta.

Huh?

I don't see that. Boons, just like the primary stats (STR/DEX/etc) are being devalued to the point where it almost does not matter what you have. Yes, they may give a 1% boost or whatever, but they are not game-changing and you might not even notice if you have them or not.

Just get to 80, buy some R15 bonding runestones and a legendary augment and you are all set. No need to grind stuff any more.

Well i guess i am still laboring under the Deluded notion that my decisions mean anything.