test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Castle Ravenloft still bugged in MOD 16?

oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
I recently returned to the game. I left a few months ago because of many factors that left me angry and disillusioned. One of the MOST Aggravating things that lead me to leave were the perceived bugs in Castle Ravenloft (The newest dungeon at the time I left) We ran CR the other day on both Live and Preview and guess what? The bugs are still there but changes have been made to the dungeon. This leads me to believe that the perceived bugs are actually mechanics that we have not learned how to mitigate. So I came here to ask this question one final time.

Is there such a thing as the Three Sisters "bug"? Is the second sister supposed to have a small hp bar sometimes and be incredibly hard to kill while teleporting all over the place? I submitted this as a bug report months ago with a video showing exactly what was happening.

Is there such a thing as the Archolith bug? Is the HUGE Red circle the Archolith makes not supposed to be visible for everyone in the party? This perceived bug was also reported with video evidence.

Is there such a thing as the shield bug on the final boss? Is the Sword used to fight the final boss supposed to say " Now raise me to the heavens" everytime you are pulled up to the room and have to activate the shield? Or it supposed to say that only sometimes?

I noticed that quite a few changes were made in CR that totally mystify me. For example why were the pillars removed in the sister fight? I thought the point was to break line of sight with the sisters when you were chained to them. Why was a delay added to the sisters before they Jump and clear stacks? If you made these changes why were the perceived bugs not also fixed or if the dungeon is WAI then why not give a hint at what needs to be done to negate them?

I believe we completed the dungeon on both preview and on live in spite of these "bugs" and changes but is was a miserable experience and we burnt maybe 60 or more scrolls between the 5 of us. IS THIS WAI?

I refer you to the video posted in the bug forums so that you can see the party makeup. We are not new to neverwinter and we are experienced in CR. Actually we have completed it several times without seeing these "bugs" thus my question, are we missing mechanics or are these bugs still in the game for so many months now going to preview?

I'll put these here on the off chance that they are bugs. Video evidence is already on the forums.

Is there such a thing as the Three Sisters "bug"? Is the second sister supposed to have a small hp bar sometimes and be incredibly hard to kill while teleporting all over the place? I submitted this as a bug report months ago with a video showing exactly what was happening.

Is there such a thing as the Archolith bug? Is the HUGE Red circle the Archolith makes not supposed to be visible for everyone in the party? This perceived bug was also reported with video evidence.

Is there such a thing as the shield bug on the final boss? Is the Sword used to fight the final boss supposed to say " Now raise me to the heavens" everytime you are pulled up to the room and have to activate the shield? Or it supposed to say that only sometimes?

After seeing these are still here on live and preview it makes me ask myself if I really do want to return. I mean hearing my guildmates get upset about the Sisters bug when it happens just takes the air out of my sails so to speak.
If this dungeon is WAI someone please enlighten me as to how we are supposed to mitigate these mechanics. You don't even have to tell me what to do, just tell me That I need to do something and I will figure it out myself. (more fun that way)

Thanks for reading, and thanks for all the work you are doing on MOD 16 and your replies here on the forums.

I would make you 2 more videos for conformation but sadly two of the guildmates in the first videos quit playing Neverwinter around the time I did and others are no longer interested in "wasting time and resources" to run CR. This is truly sad because IMO it is a great dungeon.

I just went back to the bug reporting forum for the live server. I made a post about these bugs way back on the 18th August 2018. I was told by TWO different moderators that it had been forwarded to the Developers. You mean to tell me that... (smh) I'll make the same suggestion here that I did back then. If the dungeon is bugged and broken please remove it from the random queue until it is fixed. Broken bugged content is infuriating, but compound that frustration 100 times when you HAVE to do it in a random queue to make RAD which you have to wait to refine into AD. That frustration is compounded 1000 times when you are told that it is being looked at or worked on by Moderators only to find out months later...(smh) If you ever wonder why there is so much anger and frustration in these forums look no further than this example.
Post edited by oremonger#9999 on

Answers

• dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    I too would like to know if this is WAI or not even though I suspect it is not.
  • oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    Anyone else hearing crickets?
    edited March 2019
    TL;DR for priority: Prioritization is difficult and not a science. If it keeps people from playing the game or supporting us, that will likely see the most attention. The rest is a judgment call based on questions we ask ourselves, and risk / time taken vs. reward.

TL;DR for escalation: When reporting bugs and feedback, it makes it much easier for me to escalate when there's a clear cause and effect - but don't let that stop you from reporting issues for which you don't have that information, if you think the severity is bad enough. Also remember that we devs aren't always up to date on the standard abbreviations.

If I knew the cause of these bugs I would definitely post that here. Sadly I do not know the cause and it does not happen every single time. I can tell you for sure that it does meet all of the criteria as stated in the beginning of the post I quoted above. I know several people who will not run this dungeon because of these bugs. They would rather drop out and take a penalty than run this content. It has been this way since last July and probably longer than that, but we were not able to run it until then.

If you can't fix it or do not have the time right now then please remove it from the REQ. If it stays in the REQ I get reminded of the bugs everytime it pops and it is very frustrating.

Like I said in other posts on this subject I will gladly do anything I can to help track down the source and try to reproduce the bugs. It does not happen every single time, but when all three line up in one run it is the most frustrating and miserable experience in this game.
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    It's still bugged, ran it the other day. Arcolith launched into his spin without doing his challenge and his red/black circles were invisible to everyone. Strahd forgot his blood floor, bats didn't show up, only the arrows. In the sisters, her animations/voice cues and attacks are completely out of alignment. It's been like this for months, most of us (as in people I run with) don't care because there is literally no reason to run it anymore. It has nothing nothing worth running it for. Not even the RAD, you get more RAD from multi ndemo and you get it faster. If you want UES run tong or cradle.

Castle Ravenloft was destroyed by bugs. Otherwise it would be one of my favorite dungeons.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
    Weekly bump for visibility.
    Not only is CR still bugged, but now we can't even run Castle Never. The scaling is broken, and I get one shot on the bridge before even getting to the castle. 22k Justicar with almost 700k HP getting one shot with my shield up. 15 Days until Live!