test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Masterwork V Question

alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
Hi all, I have a question about MW V. I completed two of the quests for MW IV, where I have to craft various items such as Effervescent Tidespan/Reflexes/Accuracy Potions for Alchemy and Titansteel armor pieces for Armorsmithing. This unlocks the "Masterwork IV-V" category in my profession crafting window. For Alchemy, this unlocks 7 items (Lakh Varnish, Living Varnish, etc.).

I also have a Nyanzaru masterwork quest Taking Credit, to earn 50,000 commission.

Here's my question. What are the next steps, and what do they provide? If I do Taking Credit, does that unlock MW V? Are more items unlocked? Are there more steps than just Taking Credit?

Also, has anyone worked on looking at efficient items to craft for Taking Credit?

Thanks!
Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Just a warning before you go further. MW will become pretty much useless in 3 weeks, and probably stay useless until at some point late this year. With Mod 16, there is not a single MW item actually worth making (well, maybe, just maybe some potions).

The other issue right now is that if you accidentally end up making +1 items, you might not be able to turn them in. We have been promised a fix to allow +1 items to be downgraded so they are recognized by the quest givers, but for now you might be stuck with them. This is actually more of an issue with the really expensive items you need to make earlier on like [Calishite Saddle].

As for which items to craft for Taking Credit, yes I did the calculations quite a while ago (I have max rank Masterwork in all professions), but prices may have changed. I suggest you just go and check the credits/cost ratio for all the items ... I recall there was more than a 10-fold difference between the top and bottom items.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Once you complete Taking The Credit, you are then able to craft a Final item to turn in, which will then give you mw5 recipe for that profession. I found the best way personally was to mix and match from various professions based on what you have available, and/or is affordable for you. Adinosii is correct in his points though, both about mw becoming outdated, and the horrendous mess the dev team made of the +1 system, which they promised a fix for and have said nothing about since last year. If you want it for personal accomplishment, go for it, but dont expect good ad returns for quite awhile.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I haven't fully unlocked MW but as far as I can tell, you only have to do the commissions on the first profession. On my second, the game skipped that quest.

Asterdahl said that he hoped a +1 item exchange would ship with mod 16 or shortly after, but was unable to promise anything.

If you have the resources to play with it, now is otherwise a good time to do the unlocks as prices are down. M17 is a likely time for the professions to catch up to the new level cap.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    Thanks, everyone. Very helpful!
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    pitshade said:

I haven't fully unlocked MW but as far as I can tell, you only have to do the commissions on the first profession. On my second, the game skipped that quest.

Yes taking credit is the gateway quest -- it allows access to any/every available MW5

Just beware of the +1 curse, it has been around far too long and is a major resource destroyer
  • several friends i have encouraged to play this game have quit because of the +1 items, it seemed to them to be a programming error that is not being addressed, so they have moved on to other games that don't have such obvious defects that are being ignored
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    we have been promised a fix to the +1 issue soon after the release of M16. This would be a context menu option to downgrade +1 items to the regular version.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    honestly my advice is to cease all MW efforts until after you have made a personal choice regarding MOD 16.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Just a warning before you go further. MW will become pretty much useless in 3 weeks, and probably stay useless until at some point late this year. With Mod 16, there is not a single MW item actually worth making (well, maybe, just maybe some potions).

The other issue right now is that if you accidentally end up making +1 items, you might not be able to turn them in. We have been promised a fix to allow +1 items to be downgraded so they are recognized by the quest givers, but for now you might be stuck with them. This is actually more of an issue with the really expensive items you need to make earlier on like [Calishite Saddle].

As for which items to craft for Taking Credit, yes I did the calculations quite a while ago (I have max rank Masterwork in all professions), but prices may have changed. I suggest you just go and check the credits/cost ratio for all the items ... I recall there was more than a 10-fold difference between the top and bottom items.

I'm seeing the new mod as a time to work on what you can to advance for when MW is improved again.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.