test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Made a capture video -- now what?

hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
edited April 2019 in The Foundry
I captured a run-through of Blood Magic and converted it to an MP4 file with VLC. The file is about 4.8 Gb. I don't know how to edit or host it, though (the first 5 minutes or so needs to be cropped off, for instance). I know there are (or were) some streamers here...can anyone offer some advice? I know that there was some discussion about making recordings of some of the existing Foundry quests before the sunset. I still have yet to capture a run-through of Cap Snatchers, but I figured I should ask about this smaller one first.
Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured

Comments

• warrianswarrians Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    you could message the guy who started this idea. I mean, the guy who took it from the STO forums and brought it here.
    If i were you, id post it RAW on youtube first, if they accept that sort of file size. if not then you will have to cut down on video quality to upload it. After that, if you get some help, you can make an edited version.
    Wrong place i know but... Side note question: Do you think we will get to see "The Redcap Rebels (WIP)" done , even if incomplete, before Doomsday? Me I am 95% done with my episode 4 and will dive straight to episode 5.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I hadn't planned on it, but maybe I'll take a look. As for the raw .AVI recording, it's over 200 Gb. The MP4 is certainly more manageable.
    yes i thought you said 4 gig, i dont upload videos so i dont know what youtube limits are. if you plan on finishing redcaps, avoid using the Realm of Malabog map(I noticed you used the grove), unless you like: editing every mob Y position in 2d and copying / pasting height coordinates and praying, every time you publish. That map is haunted by treetop dryads, who keep taking your encounters to the top of the trees.
    The truth is that The Redcap Rebels was the original prototype for Blood Magic, though it originally had a different story idea behind it. If I tried to finish it I wouldn't start with the Blighted Grove map -- it has way too many issues, especially when it comes to lighting. It's pretty much hard-coded for daylight so making a nighttime version is problematic at best. A "rebels" storyline would properly center around the custom village in the earlier two quests. Blood Magic really ties things up very nicely, but I'll spend some time today to see if I can think of an appropriate "epilogue" tale. With so little time left before the shutdown, though, I'm not sure that I can put anything together that does proper justice to the overall story arc. I'm not sure if "rebels" is really the appropriate term for what I have in mind now that Blood Magic has fleshed out the redcap origin story hinted at in the in-game lore entry on redcaps.
    well your grove looked like night iirr. yes i like your lore tie on gnomes and redcaps better than the simple "they sprout if you bleed a lot in the feywild" stuff i read online.

I like time challenges so if u get it done even on the last day expect a tip a d a review and a post here. hoping they dont erase the forums.

let us all remember to do the text copy of our foundries on the last day, and maybe the file backup you sugested earlier.

Also.. speaking of time challenges...

i finished my episode 4 lol, its ready. Spent till 6 AM doing it XD and im dreaming of having a worthy episode 5 (Finale) from this Sunday to the Monday.

If i can manage it in time, i will write a "Goodbye to the foundry" epilogue to the campaign too.

Also we better make sure we withdrew our tips LOL they will probably erase that system. the little AD reservoir under our rough AD, meant just for the foundry.

Sighs

• dtzdtz Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    Youtube is probably your best bet. It's where I've been uploading my campaign to.
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild, now archived on Youtube!
    Hmm. I'll have to see what I can do. For the moment I put Blood Magic on my Mediafire page.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/881nq9jc8v0zjmv/Blood_Magic.mp4/file
    checking !