test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: Wizard

Comments

• ralf1835ralf1835 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    Proposal to solve the problem on Thaumaturge weak single target damage and Arcanist poor AOE damage
    I will repeat every time give back for everyone Encounter additional effect spell mastery instead of insignificant 10% dmg

Sudden Storm you have so many ideas from players so choose one

Steal Time on Mastery slot as it is a steal time, what about a little twist. Every target slowed (max 5) gives a caster a 0,5 sec cooldown reduction (max 2,5 sec)
    let something mean, not just the name

Shard of Endless Avalanche whatever slot you put the shard (tab, q, e, r by default) it works as a mastery version from live, meaning you conjure a shard above the enemies and it falls down the tweak is that if it makes any contact (deal any damage) it exploads ( even if it touches 1 target) if the shard wont hit any target it can be moved in any direction by recasting it (as it works on mastery). In addition to 10% increased damage when we slot it in mastery we can use @thafabricants idea of lightning arcs spreading with magnitude 25 all over the sorrounding targets in lets say 20' radious.

Entangling Force Add effect on spell mastery exactly the same like in live version and magnitude on pulled targets around 125-200 , another problem with aoe we have resolved on Arcanist, but leave it in shared place for single target on Thaum

Icy Rays on spell mastery deals additional 5% damage per stack of chill, this will certainly increase single target damage, Thaum has a cold basis maybe we can do something about it. They will be helpful Feats Icy Veins and Frigid Winds but we must move it on thaum, in general why they are on Arcanist this is cold bases not lighting and arcane.
    I proposes to combine two Feats Chilling Advantege and Critical Burn for example Your Critical severity is increased by 2% for each chill stack an the target and smolder now deals 25% more critical damage. You'll ask me why combine two feats,
    because you have the task of maintaining stack of chill to do it damage, this is your priority, also you have to remember that you have 50% for a critical hit
    In empty space insert Frigid Winds to increased pure damage and in this moment we has feats on single target and aoe we must have a choice between Feats

Fanning thr Flame encounter good for AOE, why not do it for a single target maybe spell mastery can do it.
    Effect on spell mastery: Deal huge fire damage on one target magnitude 550

Arcane Bolt at will last cast have attack aoe like chill cloud, problem with aoe atwill is gone i think :) on thaum no one complains about chill cloud

Something that is sorely lacking for Arcanist is a mechanic for lightning. Cold has Chill Stacks, Fire has Smoulder, Arcane has Arcane stacks, but what defines Lightning? I propose the following:

1) Add a mechanic called charge, which has a duration of 5 seconds.
    2) When you damage an enemy with a lightning power, charge is applied.
    3) When you damage an enemy who is charged with an encounter or daily power, shock them, deal 80 magnitude damage.

This helps to make lightning a mechanic in and of itself.

1) Change Snap Freeze to Overcharge, which lowers the magnitude of charge 60, but allows at wills to shock charged enemies.
    2) Change Frigid Winds to Storm Brand, which increases your damage by 1% for each time you have shocked an enemy within the past 10 seconds, capping at 10%.

These changes will help to give lightning an identity of its own

I would like to have it on Wizard this mechanic would be nice to play with lighting powers for additional dmg to aoe

• rysiek86rysiek86 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    @volsalex#4337 I really like your ideas ... they are soooooo common with my way of Wizard i would like to play :)
    Cheers mate :)
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    rysiek86 said:

* Make Sudden Storm Spell Mastery version a max range ST hit of currently targeted enemy with greatly increased magnitude.
    This will provide additional alternative option for ST Damage for Arcanist, will give them the missing Lightning ST Encounter and also will provide the Lightning Bolt spell for people who asked for it in previous posts without necessity to add new spells or completely change mechanic of other spells.

EEEErmmm... it is impossible to do mate ... we have the Lightning Bolt... giglle... (check the name of "old" Storm Pillar)
    We cant have 2 Lightning bolts... giggle... or can we ?? :D:D:D:D:D
    Seems silly to make SP Lightning Bolt instead of SS, but whatever, it is what it is I suppose.

Now if only we had Chain Lightning-
    edited March 2019

rysiek86 said:

* Make Sudden Storm Spell Mastery version a max range ST hit of currently targeted enemy with greatly increased magnitude.
    This will provide additional alternative option for ST Damage for Arcanist, will give them the missing Lightning ST Encounter and also will provide the Lightning Bolt spell for people who asked for it in previous posts without necessity to add new spells or completely change mechanic of other spells.

EEEErmmm... it is impossible to do mate ... we have the Lightning Bolt... giglle... (check the name of "old" Storm Pillar)
    We cant have 2 Lightning bolts... giggle... or can we ?? :D:D:D:D:D
    Seems silly to make SP Lightning Bolt instead of SS, but whatever, it is what it is I suppose.

Now if only we had Chain Lightning-
    Maybe it is the first step to make Sudden Storm a Chain Lightning @theycallmetomu :D Maybe we will get our desired revamp on Sudden Storm. Cuz honestly mate :D giglle... The change on Storm Pillar is .... giggle... like ... jeeeez i dont wanna say this... but it seems like a spit in our face ... they just renamed the skill we didn even mention... giglle.
    I really hope we can make some cool ideas that Developer would apply to the mod 16. The ideas that are reasonable... and our dear Mr. Caculator will tone them in terms of numbers :D:D:D:D:D:D
  • volsalex#4337 volsalex Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I saw several mistakes in my previous post, sorry for that, can't edit to fix them)
    <font color=cyan>
    3) Passive Bonus Changes
    3.1 Class Features
    3.1.1 Arcanist
    * Change Storm Spell to proc on all attacks, but reduce the chance to 10-15% (equivalent of current version with 33-50% crit chance) and, if needed for balance, reduce its magnitude.
    This change would make this Class Feature viable for all Arcanists, even for those, who focus on other offensive/defensive stats more than on crit chance.
    * Let Eye of The Storm feat raise the crit chance above current limit of 50% if there is enough base crit chance (up to 70%, but only via this feature)
    This change would make it viable even for players who already have high crit chance against average enemy (30% and more), as currently this feature would have only a partial effect for them.
    3.1.2 Thaumaturge
    * Increase damage bonus against targets with Smolder from Swath of Destruction by X% (to 5%, for example)
    Currently, bonus from this passive is definitely too small, even with Smolder damage increase part. (For example, Arcane Presence adds about 2-4% to damage + 5% recharge speed, Chilling Presence adds about 4-5% to damage, while Swath of Destruction adds less than 2% and a minor Smolder damage bonus)

3.2 Paragon Feats
    * Swap Snap Freeze (Arcanist) with Chilling Advantage (Thaumaturge). Change Chilling Advantage to a new feat Arcane Might: for each Arcane Mastery stack on Wizard, increases his crit severity by X%.
    This change would give both PPs more thematical and appropriate feats. Thaumaturge has much more abilitites that generate Chill stacks so the feat that does damage per stack of Chill should belong to his tree. If Thaumaturge gets too much bonus damage from it, devs could simply lower the magnitude of procs. Moreover, if Thaumaturge makes a crit build and needs a crit severity feat, he/she can simply take Critical Burn in this selection, which also has good synergy with Critical Conflagration. Arcanist has good synergy with crit builds (Eye of the Storm, current Storm Spell), so Arcane-based feat for crit severity would be a nice addition for him.
    * Replace Frigid Winds (Arcanist) with Chaotic Power - new-old feat: increases damage of all powers by Y-Z% (1-10%, for example). The value of bonus is random and is defined when the power is used (similar to old Uncontrolled Obliteration feat).
    This would remove thematically inappropriate Cold feat from Arcanist, still keep this feat as a straight damage bonus feat, remove necessity for Arcanists with this feat to apply Chill stacks to their target(s) to get bonus damage and fits well for Arcanist tree and the alternative feat (gives player a choice between random proc of Chaos Magic and random damage bonus of Chaotic Power)

As a result - both PPs have thematically appropriate feats (all feats are Fire/Cold for Thaumaturge and Magic/Lightning for Arcanist), can be balanced via number tweaking if needed and have better synergy with the mechanic and features of each PP.

</font>

> @rysiek86 said:
    > * Make Sudden Storm Spell Mastery version a max range ST hit of currently targeted enemy with greatly increased magnitude.
    > This will provide additional alternative option for ST Damage for Arcanist, will give them the missing Lightning ST Encounter and also will provide the Lightning Bolt spell for people who asked for it in previous posts without necessity to add new spells or completely change mechanic of other spells.
    >
    > EEEErmmm... it is impossible to do mate ... we have the Lightning Bolt... giglle... (check the name of "old" Storm Pillar)
    > We cant have 2 Lightning bolts... giggle... or can we ?? :D:D:D:D:D

They definitely renamed not the spell people asked for)) But I meant the mechanic of the spell (mechanic like Lightning Bolt) and didn't suggest to rename it) Let's keep it Sudden Storm, because even a single powerful bolt to the target's face from my suggestion is still considered a SUDDEN storm :D
  • volsalex#4337 volsalex Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    <font color=cyan>
    And a small summary of all of my suggestions. If they are implemented:
    * Both PPs still have access to all utility Encounter Powers (Shield protection, Repel push, Ray of Enfeeblement debuffs)
    * Both PPs have access to combo of Icy Terrain + Steal Time (asked for in previous posts) and to 2 thematical ST Crowd Control Powers (Entangling Force/Imprisonment for Arcanist, Chill Strike/Icy Rays for Thaumaturge), so they get closer to balanced in terms of accessible CC Powers. If needed for balance, it is enough to simply tweak numbers of their damage/CC duration to make them in line with each other.
    * Both PPs have more options for ST/AoE damage encounters to choose from to better fit the player's playstyle / game situation. With these changes, both PPs have 6 ST Encounters to choose from (Arcanist - Repel, Ray of Enfeeblement, Entangling Force, Disintegrate, Imprisonment, Spell Mastery Sudden Storm; Thaumaturge - Repel, Ray of Enfeeblement, Chill Strike, Icy Rays, Spell Mastery Fan The Flames, Spell Mastery Conduit of Ice) and 8 AoE Encounters to choose from (Arcanist - Icy Terrain, Steal Time, Shield Push, Sudden Storm, Shard of the Endless Avalanche, Spell Mastery Repel, Spell Mastery Disintegrate, Spell Mastery Entangling Force; Thaumaturge - Icy Terrain, Steal Time, Shield Push, Fan The Flames, Fireball, Conduit of Ice, Spell Mastery Repel, Spell Mastery Chill Strike)
    * Both PPs have more thematical feats with good synergy with the PP's core mechanic / features.
    * In addition, Arcanist gets a useful Arcane Mastery stack generator at-will, easier to use Sudden Storm, Maelstrom of Chaos as a "cheap AoE damage only daily" and both PPs get more universal class features.
    </font>

Also, sorry for the grey colour of the posts, tried using the BBCode tags from opening post, but for some reason they didn't work.
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    Cast time for arcane boIt? what happened, it is now HAMSTER
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Imprisonment and Shard of the Endless Avalanche are pathetic skills that will never get used... and they are placed at the top end of the Arcanist skill line. Of our million requests, these two NEED something done. After that, the Arcanist needs one more lighting encounter... because the Thaumaturge has TWO fire encounters.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User

Imprisonment and Shard of the Endless Avalanche are pathetic skills that will never get used... and they are placed at the top end of the Arcanist skill line. Of our million requests, these two NEED something done. After that, the Arcanist needs one more lighting encounter... because the Thaumaturge has TWO fire encounters.

Why does arcanist need more lightning? Aren't most of the feats more arcane centric? I'd prefer to be able to avoid lightning entirely, to be frank.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    What I'm finding works best for general use is Thaumaturge with Icy Terrain + Fireball + Entangling Force for a permanent 3 encounters. This leaves a lot of choices to swap back and forth in and out of Master.... Chill Strike, Shield, Conduit of Ice, & Repel all work for AoE. Icy Rays vs Single Target. Spam the fire at-will and shoot ray of Ray of Frost to freeze faster. For me, Wiggins as a companion is doing 150% faster damage than using an Augment companion.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited March 2019

What I'm finding works best for general use is Thaumaturge with Icy Terrain + Fireball + Entangling Force for a permanent 3 encounters. This leaves a lot of choices to swap back and forth in and out of Master.... Chill Strike, Shield, Conduit of Ice, & Repel all work for AoE. Icy Rays vs Single Target. Spam the fire at-will and shoot ray of Ray of Frost to freeze faster. For me, Wiggins as a companion is doing 150% faster damage than using an Augment companion.

entangling forge on mastery isnt working as aoe on mastery like it does on live, reppel should never been a power to give to us thaum cw thaum need steal time power for thaum to build arcane mastery statcks, coi should be working like live server and be a shared power , mastery conduit of ice only applies 1 stack of chill on all targets and never refreshes to build up stack like it does in live server (they made that effect happen on icy terrain a fail from them, icy terrain was a ice trap for all target that were caught on the coi mastery effect).
    They always forget about cw synergy powers, chill strike(normal slot) and icy rays(mastery) are 2 options for boss fights fireball for the smolder effect and ftf to spread damage or not(for adds) or ray of enfeeblement(boss fights with no adds), chilling cloud and scorch at-wills are good for last feat on thaum(using ice power boost next fire power by 10% and vice versa.) @noworries#8859 some urgent fixes/changes for cw needed, shard of avalanche need similar animation to ice trolls ice boulder throw and give arcane mastery stacks based on how far we are from the target(normal slot) on mastery add 1 chill stack on enemies on the area of impact. lots of powers don't have mastery slots effects, wizards/warlocks/caster work different from melee characters specially their at-wills animation aren't as fast as melee chars, maybe change chilling cloud to add 1 stack of chill each 1 hit of it( a way of improving at-will use since we no longer have effects from artifacts weapons to add to them meaning chilling cloud is a single target at-will with the chill stack effect and scorch a aoe at-will )
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User

Similar to what I have been using, Fireball (tab), Icy, Conduit and recently I've started slotting Ray of Enfeeblement, for targeted damage buff on whatever the most annoying thing is in the mob. I stuck with Chill Strike and Scorching for At-Wills.

Earth Archon as pet, because its tank qualities help and its what have on the CW.

Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • nnymsnnyms Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    The Icy Veins feat selection bug is fixed. Thanks. However the Power tab is still blinking even after I've made all the feat choices.
    Conduit of Ice tooltip says: "Added Effect: Adds a chill stack to all targets hit". It adds chill stack only to the main target.
  • ruslan1404#8974 ruslan1404 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Shard of Endless Avalanche
    Useless skill just takes up valuable space.
    @noworries - Cryptic Developer - you just tried to apply it.

• raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Suggesting change to shard of endless avalanche to ice wall with slowing effect/blocking effect add chill and damage if in close proximity.
  • soulaeterr2soulaeterr2 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    explosive power seems like it doesnt work. or at least the litlle icon doesnt disapear after i use a fire based power

Post edited by soulaeterr2 on

hustin1 said:

I'm not seeing anyone talking about building for CC. Is that a new Comandment? Thou shalt not build Thyself around Crowd Control?

"New?" CC hasn't been a serious part of the game for a long time now.

I've basically grown to think that hard CC effects really only "work" in turn based games.
    well u have a feat that makes u do extra dmg on mobs u cant ctrl. i think if they did some more stuff w that a ctrl build could become meta even if u dont actually even control half of the mobs u attack
    BUG: explosive power still doesnt seem to work proparly
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    All my ideas are spread in different pages of the thread is why I have listed all my idea change in a single post to be more easy to find.
    Feats:
    Thaumaturge :
    Icy Veins :
    Reduced 5 stack of chill for each encounter to 1 stack of chill is very low.
    I suggest 2 stack of chill to be able to freeze mobs after 3 encounters, to add more control to the Thaumaturge path.

Empowering Flames :
    remove it and replace it by Frigid winds.

Arcanist:
    I would like that you add choice to player who like to use lightning powers, here are 2 feats suggestions.

Snap Freeze: remove it and replace it by
    Lightning enhancement :
    Storm Pillar now don't need to be charged to do is maximum damage and added effects.
    Sudden Storm and Maelstrom of chaos damages is increased by 5%.

Frigid winds: move to thaumaturge and replace it by
    Arcane Lightning:
    When you have 5 arcane stack and you use a lightning power your damage is increased by 5% for 10 seconds.

Powers:

Entangling Force:
    I think you should bring back the spell mastery effect.
    One reason to keep it available for both paths and bring the mastery version back, it's from the perspective of a new player, a
    low level wizard needs some effective AoE spell to leveling up and I think Entangling Force in mastery with Icy Terrain can be
    used together for an effective leveling up build. A new player needs to have an effective choice for the mastery slot to have a
    good impression of the class.
    For endgame wizard, I think if you bring the mastery effect back, it will be useful, yes to build up arcane mastery stack in a
    dungeon run, but in the open world it could be useful to pack mobs together and follow it with sudden storm for an Arcanist to
    be sure to not miss a target. For Thaumaturge to pack mobs together and follow it with Fireball, because sudden storm (5'x30')
    and Fireball in a regular slot (15') have a little AoE size.
    I don't think building 5 arcane stack for Thaumaturge is too strong, it's only 2.5% more damage.
    To have a really good advantage of it, you need the specific feats and powers from the Arcanist path.
    On the other side Arcanist can use Icy Terrain and Chilling presence, but I agree that it should be less effective for an Arcanist.
    It's why, to be sure that Arcanist cannot improve is chill stack mechanic with feats, I suggested a change for snap freeze and
    Frigids Winds.

Icy Terrain:
    cool-down on preview is really long.
    On the live server each rank of Icy Terrain decreases the cool-down by 2 seconds for a total of 6 seconds cool-down reduction
    at rank 4.
    It's why I think it should be reduced by 3 seconds at least.

Thaumaturge:

Conduit of Ice :
    only add chill stack to the main target, the tooltips specifies on all targets.

Swath of Destruction :
    Targets affected by smolder take 2% more damage.It is very low, I understand that you have removed a lot of debuff, but other
    class have kept some debuff that are higher than wizard.
    I think this value could be an increase to 5% to have the same debuff value than the HR power commanding shot (5% increase
    incoming damage from all source)

Fireball:
    Casting time 1.1 second is too long, I think it should be reduced to at least 0.8 sec like conduit of ice.

Arcanist:
    Shard of endless avalanche:
    I agree that Shard of Endless Avalanche needs an improvement.
    I'm open for everything, but something needs to be done with this power.
    There are 2 things that I don't really like with the encounter Shard of Endless Avalanche.
    First, I don't like the long time required to create the ball and push it. In a middle of a lot of mobs is problematic, it need to be
    faster. The second thing is the ball need to touch 2 enemies to explode, personally I would like to trigger the explosion myself,
    but if at least the explosion needed only to touch 1 enemy to explode, it will be a little improvement.
    -Reduce the casting time
    -Possibility to trigger the explosion

Sudden Storm:
    Increase the size of the AoE. Currently it's a 5'x30', I think it will be better if you increase the size to 10'x30'. It
    will help to affect more mobs. Currently, it's easy to miss a lot of mobs.

Maelstrom of chaos :
    Increase the area of effect to match Oppressive Force (25'radius).
    Change the pull and throw all mobs at a target location mechanic to a Shocking and Stun mechanic for 2-3 seconds to all
    mobs around you in this larger AoE.

Eye of the storm:
    Instead of increase critical chance, I think it could be more useful to increase critical severity.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 Well here is another two coppers for ya. Somebody has put a delay on the Arcane bolt casting time. There is a 1.5 second pause with each cast. The wizards hands seem to get stuck in the down position after an attack. On top of that the combat animation has really slowed down. Its like he's casting through water. I get mobbed by the time the second shot gets off. And their is an issue of symmetry that needs to be looked at. Arcane bolt needs to be a Three hit combo, not a Four. We are all used to 3 and if you put a 4th on it it will make survivability very very hard. It takes way to long to cast for one Arcane stack. And since the projectile is from above the impact time does not change (like it does with magic missile). Next is the useless Shard of Avalanche. Survivablity is key and if I have to wait for a big rock to form when I have an angry harvester in my sights I am good as dead. So devs please PLEASE keep up with reading and fixing and just make it function as a drop rather then a conger and cast. Have it be a knock down with an Arcane stack and make the Spell mastery slot do a repel as well, so the wizard has some breathing room. Lastly what is the point of imprisonment? It is a single target de-buff that leaves you wide open. I have been trying to put it into rotation but it just gets me killed every time. I have a complaint and a suggestion. Replace imprisonment with something more useful. Like the storm attack that storm callers use and Malabog uses? Its Endgame content guys please give us something more impressive then "oh no I am stuck".Lighting is personification of Raw Power.
    If you can give the Thrum their Fireball (which is Awesome by the way. I love it) then let the Arcenist show this Mad wizard The Fury of the Heavens and rain down hell upon him. We need "Shock" and Awe.
  • mrlight73#3252 mrlight73 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi. Is there any chance you retain the powers and feats tree of mod 15 and go along with the rest of the changes of mod 16? The diversity of the powers and feats is the MAJOR factor in an RPG or is NW gonna be an MMO but not an RPG? I love the new content. I play CW as main and the biggest fun factor of playing a CW is the frequency of your skill rotation. Take that away by dumbing down the powers and feats and not provide a source of CD reduction and you might as well make NW a turn based game like the classic Neverwinter nights 1. :)
  • trelamytrelamy Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Our beliefs don't make us better people. Our actions do.
    trelamy said:
    Im affraid you are right. There is too much to do with general issues/bugs.They wont focus on classes so much, and Wizards aint their priority :)
    In my opinion the Wizard will stay as it is now. Maybe some minor updates will occure.

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    coi sometimes add chill and sometimes not.........
    Post edited by mamalion1234 on
    I just read the DevBlog about wizard :D Is it written on the knee ?? (I had the same feeling about Warlock, Rogue and Ranger blogs) Barbarian, Fighter, Cleric and Paladin blogs were pasionate, full of details, encouraging :D When i read the Wizard blog it was like... meeeeh i have no idea what to write so ill wtite about fireball (that we begged for with tears in our eyes, cuz we didnt want to be circus jesters with Cataclism in our repertoire). I thought that this blog was wtitten long long ago as a general assumption of the Wizard class. Speaking of general assumption:
    "The Thaumaturge is a wizard who focuses on the duality of fire and ice magics. This is most noticeable in their ability to apply both chill and smolder to their targets which can combine into rimefire that gives the best of both worlds."

-Agree.

"The wizard paragon path Arcanist utilizes arcane and electrical magic to power their attacks. Whether they are summoning arcane bolts from the sky, unleashing electrical storms upon their foes, or stealing time from their enemies to empower themselves, Arcanists have a variety of options on how to fight. While some Arcanists may focus on building up their arcane powers to maximum potential, others may choose to spell weave their different types of magics to keep their enemies on their toes, or flat on their backs."

-"unleashing electrical storms upon their foes." . . . Where ?? When ?? How ?? What spell ??
    -"or stealing time from their enemies to empower themselves" . . . Does it mean we will get some change on Steal Time ?? or by empower themselves u mean 1 stack of arcane mastery ??

"The wizard is a master of many types of magic, as for which ones to use is up to you. Whether fire or lightning, arcane or cold, wizards are formidable adventurers worthy to take on the most challenging content."

-does it mean we will get a significant lightning spell/spells ?? because now we have got laughable Sudden Storm [encounter], Maelstrom of Chaos [daily](i would sell my soul to get this skill as an encounter, without the weak knockdown effect) and Storm Pillar [at-will] (ohhhh I still forget its Lightning Bolt not Storm Pillar anymore, that is only lightning themed and satisfying spell)

The lack of communication is depressing. Devs, or shall I say @noworries#8859 abandoned us, the Wizards. I would like to get some answers, I would like to be informed. I check the forum every day, and Ive got only one impression. People are giving up to make the feedback. Because of frustrations, because of disappointment...
    edited April 2019
    Yaaaay I wrote a damn post and when i wanted to edit my mistake in spelling it disappeared ...... just fantastic :D:D:D::D:D:D
    And it was sooooo importatnt text. :(
    How to retrive it ?? It must be here right ?? I posted it and just wanted to edit it :dizzy:
    Post edited by rysiek86 on
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    > @rysiek86 said:
    > Yaaaay I wrote a damn post and when i wanted to edit my mistake in spelling it disappeared ...... just fantastic :D:D:D::D:D:D
    > And it was sooooo importatnt text. :(
    > How to retrive it ?? It must be here right ?? I posted it and just wanted to edit it :dizzy:

Contact moderator. It gets flagged as spam if edited or posted to often.
  • smegman#1430 smegman Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    As a long time CW player, these changes suck horribly and make the game incredibly boring and easy
  • fns2005fns2005 Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    > @eregerog said:
    > @noworries#8859
    > I would rather see Arcane/Lightning-based feats for the arcanist and Repel could be changed to deal cold damage, add chill and perhaps leave behind a frozen trail (if it complies with d&d lore)

This would be so cool!

> Spell Mastery: One of the most disappointing changes is the partial removal of Spell Mastery Effects. These effects were part of what made the class interesting for me, and I'd gladly give up the 10% damage bonus on spell mastery to have them back. These effects added more interesting choices to character building and an interesting twist to an otherwise underused ability. Should the Spell Mastery effects be exactly like they were before? No! I'd rather have abilities that are both balanced and viable as a normal encounter and in the spell mastery slot. But I don't want that difference to be a 10% damage increase in most cases (Entangling Force pulling nearby enemies - I miss you)

I agree with this - Spell Mastery doesn't have to make OP versions of the powers, just different effect variations on the encounters encouraging choice in what you slot there depending on gameplay.
  • hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    What He ^^ said.