test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: Refinement

Comments

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Who honestly thought that they were going to let you exchange some worthless, garbage enchants for ones of value without binding them. Whoever thought that has been playing a different game than I have. There is 0 chance that the exchange is left up permanently. That's a pipe dream.

Sorry, for picking just this part.
    What are garbage enchantments for you? Every enchantment have the same value for different builds/classes. They also need the same amount of RP and Refining Sones for Upgrades. For me they are all equal and it's not us who consider after 5 years that the statsystem have to change totally. So, many people who mostly played support class and close to every enchantment have had recovery on it, is going to loose a heavy weight of Ingame currency, because everybody want to get rid of them, if accuracy isn't the goal for them.
    I was referring more to armor/weapon enchants that people ignored for years, then they heard about the exchange and jumped on the AH to buy up tons of low-priced, currently useless enchants.

Yes, every enchant has the same RP value but no one considers RP value when pricing a prominence versus a lifedrinker, or a dragon hoard versus a brutal versus a silvery. The real value was in their stats/bonus. And there were enchants that simply had less AD value in M15 compared to others.

I'm not saying I like the solution the devs have. I'll be taking a big hit if I continue playing since I refuse to trade in my enchants for anything bound.

All I'm saying is that it should have been expected and I highly doubt there will be a solution that most people like. I was shocked when the exchange was unbound. I figured they either made a mistake or didn't want to unveil the little dark secret that they would be bound yet. (makes you wonder what else they'll try to slip in at the last second)

I wouldn't even stick with 1 stat Enchantments, if i knew all this is going to change in couple Moduls.

Whatever you end up choosing now will probably be invalidated/neutered in a few mods again. This game has always changed something. Weapon enchants have cycled through what's BiS. Stat caps changed a few times which made people have to change enchants. The only difference now is the scope of the changes are quite extreme. Not to mention the class balancing will most likely be ongoing into M17 as well. If there is a M17 after this hits.
  • masterclown61masterclown61 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    If you can understand how economics work, if it was permanent and if it was unbound to unbound trade, each rank of each enchant would have the same prices. Period. The only flaw in this exchange is to let players know beforehand that they are going to get the exhange system after the update. So that they could change it earlier than intended. So that it becomes an excuse for bound enchants. So that your enchant, your AD and your effort becomes worthless AD-wise.

You could have just wait until the live patch, and apply the exchange system just before it goes live...

Clever work system-designer, clever work indeed, yet do we buy it? Nope :)
  • kopros666kopros666 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2019

kopros666 said:

gripnir78 said:

Well I play a tank - I need pretty much all of them so.....yeah try that before you say something like that...:D

BUT your last sentence - "The point is that you can reach pretty high stats without worrying too much about upgrading enchants and insignia" is the key here.

Enchantments are in fact so weak that improwing those from lets say rank 14 --->15 is a wasted effort.

And that in fact makes me wonder what would be a new source of making money for a Cryptic as rework of refinment chances of succes and making large part of upgrades pretty useless will definetly diminish income from wards....

As a tank you must focus on reaching the caps for defense/deflection and then go for hp. Awareness is mostly useless (bosses don't do ca) and critical resist is not worth it because now players and enemies have 50% max crit chance. So, no, you don;t need all stats.

Best investment to get most of the desirable stats comes from companions in two ways: i) bondings r15 + runestones r13-14 (r15 I think is a waste), and ii) legendary companions with stats. A single stat leg. companion gives 8k stats. But upgrading to legendary from scrap requires a lot of ad sink or companion tokens, so there is how cryptic found a way to make money.

Ps. Also mind that augment pets provide a ton more stats (plus hp) and this is why it makes them bis for tanks, so, again, achieving all these needed stats is not so difficult for casual players.
    Don't forget to add 4 new artifacts, a new weapon set, new belt, neck to the upgrades, you have to go through with each class/build.

True but to my logic bound gear never was and will be an investment, because it becomes obsolete quite early. Companions tend to deliver us through more modules and enchantments (non-bta ofc!) can be sold at some point.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,174 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    picar66 said:

Making exchanged enchant BTA, but if you upgrade them then they will be unbound. i think that is a solution.
    To upgrade them you need something. That will be honored. Abusing this is mostly impossible, cause to make them unbound they have to invest something of value (RP and xyz Stones). How many bound enchants are around that will be unbound this way? not really much. And it hurts not company. Its good for the circulation of ad/zen. Imho its a "win"/"not lose" descision.

I don't know about others. I know I have at least a thousand of account bound enchantments/runestone. I used to turn them to RP but in the past year, I just hoard them. Anyone who has Quartermaster will have that much (if they don't dump them to RP) and keeps on rolling in. Sure, there is a cost to upgrade but the cost is passed to buyer. I gain from 0 AD (of a bound item) to X AD (of an unbound item) which is higher than whatever cost to do the upgrade.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Everyone talks with concern about the game economy if the exchange system were free, how prices would fall, but forget that price has already fallen (on all platforms from what I have seen). The speculators have already bought everything that will be bis, just look at the price of Vorpal and Azure. 1 month before launching the preview of the new module I got a legendary mount for my GF and was able to undo offensive enchants with armor penetration. To increase your damage potential I invested in 4x Azure R13 which cost me 2.2m. Just look at the price of the Azure now and the scarcity of it in the AH. With class changes and attribute bonuses, Defense and Critic have now become an interesting thing to invest in, and they have noticed it quickly. Maybe they were smarter than me who believed in the trading system, or maybe I just believed in the trading system because I do not have capital for such bets.
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    So this may have been described already but I'm having a hard time reading through all 12 pages. To refine to Legendary is it just that type of Insginia (say Barbed, Enlightened) needed to refine it or is it the exact type (example Barbed Insignia of Prosperity) thanks so much.
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    > @polysatyr81 said:
    > So this may have been described already but I'm having a hard time reading through all 12 pages. To refine to Legendary is it just that type of Insginia (say Barbed, Enlightened) needed to refine it or is it the exact type (example Barbed Insignia of Prosperity) thanks so much.

Exact type, 8 Uncommon, 4 Rare, 1 Epic, plus the 1 Epic you are upgrading.
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    @mdarkangel#4696 thamks. Well that's going to be annoying as hell
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    question to devs: If i want to upgrade unbound assasin enchantments where i can find them?

Enchantment Exchange

The Antiquities Dealer in Protector's Enclave will allow free exchanges of enchantments for a period of time after launch. The restriction is same rank to same rank and number of stats to same number of stats.

Example. You can exchange any rank 12 single stat enchantment for a choice pack that has the other rank 12 single stat enchantments in it (choose one)

I have to ask, why did you wait one whole month to let us know that the exchanged stuff will be bta? Was it intended from the start or you came to this decision later? And why is it so difficult to exclude (already) bound stuff from the trader? People have suggested solutions and you haven't yet responded.
  • lordaeoloslordaeolos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    kopros666 said:

Enchantment Exchange

The Antiquities Dealer in Protector's Enclave will allow free exchanges of enchantments for a period of time after launch. The restriction is same rank to same rank and number of stats to same number of stats.

Example. You can exchange any rank 12 single stat enchantment for a choice pack that has the other rank 12 single stat enchantments in it (choose one)

I have to ask, why did you wait one whole month to let us know that the exchanged stuff will be bta? Was it intended from the start or you came to this decision later? And why is it so difficult to exclude (already) bound stuff from the trader? People have suggested solutions and you haven't yet responded.
    I remember telling alliance members a month ago that there was no way this would go live, and not have a bta mechanic. It's common sense from a market perspective. An exchange without a bta mechanic is a mechanic begging for exploitation by those with the means to buy out the market. One thing I would like to see if the ability to exchange the same enchant multiple times, and leave that exchange up indefinitely. This would level the prices for all unbound enchantments making the real game value basically the same.
    "Lord Willow"
    Guild Leader: Mistaken Identity (formerly Midnight Express)
    My Twitch Stream
    See my Youtube Channel for guides and more

"Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events."
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

kopros666 said:

Enchantment Exchange

I remember telling alliance members a month ago that there was no way this would go live, and not have a bta mechanic. It's common sense from a market perspective. An exchange without a bta mechanic is a mechanic begging for exploitation by those with the means to buy out the market. One thing I would like to see if the ability to exchange the same enchant multiple times, and leave that exchange up indefinitely. This would level the prices for all unbound enchantments making the real game value basically the same.
    Why would it matter if the enchants are worth the same?

Exchanging an unbound enchant for another unbound enchant isn't an exploit, all it would do is make a few people some AD in the beginning from exchanging cheaper enchants for more expensive ones.

This would not "create" AD as some people seem to think, it would actually drain AD from enchants being sold on the AH.
    Also, the profits would taper out, and ultimately be irrelevant in a few months time, as prices adjust accordingly.
    edited April 2019

kopros666 said:

Enchantment Exchange

Exchanging an unbound enchant for another unbound enchant isn't an exploit, all it would do is make a few people some AD in the beginning from exchanging cheaper enchants for more expensive ones.

This would not "create" AD as some people seem to think, it would actually drain AD from enchants being sold on the AH.
    Also, the profits would taper out, and ultimately be irrelevant in a few months time, as prices adjust accordingly.
    The only true exploit would be exchanging the bound r6s-r7s that come from quartermaster's bags for unbound ones. In that case, yes, somebody could make "some" profit out of thin air. Even then, it's not a big deal imo. Anyway, this exploit could be avoided if the trader didn't accept bound stones or if only higher ranked stones qualified.
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    If bta exchange goes live with a limited time exchange, people who dont want enchants bta need replacements with runestones plus enchants on toons. This means trading with a massive influx of everyone in the same scenario.

So, people with the means to buy up all runestones in ah or open lockboxes have an edge. They will be profiteering heavily, but profiteering isnt what devs are concerned with. They could easily make it so only r11+ enchants and unbound could be exchanged as unbound.

Everyone who has already invested in current companion enchants,with no means of replacing without a large repository of rp, wards, mark's, etc., everyone without the same resources will have to will have to sell or trade thier existing enchants heavily depreciated market for assasin enchants and runestones, etc. which will have a huge mark up in comparison. Requiring more zen, wards, and whatnot to be purchased. Newer players incentivises to buy zen to acquire extremely cheap existing enchants flooring market.

They want to force massive amounts of new enchants and runestones to be created at the players expense for those that want unbound, or get enchants bound as they will not be able to min max without replacing enchants again as they progress, get new gear, stat system changes or whatever they plan on doing again in the future. Once it's done, then it's free for all on forcing this kind of "fix" at players expense in the future. Coupled with companion, insignia and mount "fix" making all live bis all requiring replacememts also. They don't care about in game players profiteering. If anything it's all an ad sink motivated ingame profiteering by devs.

Obvious underhanded next level cash grab
    Post edited by mongol69 on
    The concern is with enchants r6 and r7? Because only those who use them are novice players. A draconic r8 that easily drops into Tiamat, SoT and LoL has incredible 3K worth of ad in AH. I want a valid argument that the exchange without bta would break the pie because, until now, I did not understand the comments of those who favored the bta, even in a disguised way.
    edited April 2019
    mongol69 said:

If bta exchange goes live with a limited time exchange, people who dont want enchants bta need replacements with runestones plus enchants on toons. This means trading with a massive influx of everyone in the same scenario.

So, people with the means to buy up all runestones in ah or open lockboxes have an edge. They will be profiteering heavily, but profiteering isnt what devs are concerned with. They could easily make it so only r11+ enchants and unbound could be exchanged as unbound.

Everyone who has already invested in current companion enchants,with no means of replacing without a large repository of rp, wards, mark's, etc., everyone without the same resources will have to will have to sell or trade thier existing enchants heavily depreciated market for assasin enchants and runestones, etc. which will have a huge mark up in comparison. Requiring more zen, wards, and whatnot to be purchased. Newer players incentivises to buy zen to acquire extremely cheap existing enchants flooring market.

They want to force massive amounts of new enchants and runestones to be created at the players expense for those that want unbound, or get enchants bound as they will not be able to min max without replacing enchants again as they progress, get new gear, stat system changes or whatever they plan on doing again in the future. Once it's done, then it's free for all on forcing this kind of "fix" at players expense in the future. Coupled with companion, insignia and mount "fix" making all live bis all requiring replacememts also. They don't care about in game players profiteering. If anything it's all an ad sink motivated ingame profiteering by devs.

They already force players (who want to be bis ofc) to upgrade regular stones/bondings to r15 and weapon/armor enchantments to r14, upgrade from the scrap a bunch of companions to legendary and grind/upgrade the new arti sets. Not to mention the legendary insignias. Too much ad sink and work already. If you ask me, once they introduce runestones as the "new" stones for comp gear, they should have let you trade old ones for runestones (at least the existing ones, excluding assasin's or whatever the name for the runestone with CA) with no charge and no binding. Too many obstacles for players to keep up and they will eventually lose interest and leave the game. Exactly what happened to mod 6. (I left game for 1,5 year back then).
    edited April 2019
    Without replacing all the runestones, you literally cannot play since companions make up half your damage or more.

So little Billy who just got everything close to bis has to trade what he has and get railroaded into bound, or trade 6 enchants and if lucky get 2 or 3 runestones in trades. Better yet for devs, trade in ah and let arc get thier 20% ad sink action from sell buy. Then go full wallet warrior to compensate the last 3 4 enchants, just to run old content and suffer a brutally painful experience with the well crafted scaling in zones . Plus awesome fun going though new content and scaling even worse in lower content. Better get 80k+ arm pen just to be safe little Billy. I hear there are sweet bound armpen runestones to pump you up there till scaling fixed 3 months after it goes live. Then get ready to pull out your trusty wallet..erm..I mean.. companion and change it up again.
    edited April 2019
    mongol69 said:

Too much forcing* and players will abandon the ship just like in mod6.

*regular enchants/bondings to r15, new sets, weapon/armor enchants to r14, new legendary companions, legendary insignias, runestones to r15.

Once runestones are introduced as the "new" stones for pet gear, we should have at least the option to trade old stones (slotted at pet gear, again) for runestones that already exist (excluding the ca runestone), with no binding cost.
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    kopros666 said:

Enchantment Exchange

kopros666 said:

Enchantment Exchange

ROFLMAO really that you guys believed that the exchange system wouldn't be bta? OFC it would. Since devs announced it, it was obvious to me they wanted to sink all ad invested on enchants to get stuck. if you want anything unbound, try to trade with someone. Otherwise, get along with them bta.

For me, I really don't care since I wouldn't change my enchants anyway. And I really liked that all enchants exnchanged will be bound, maybe ppl stop trying to HAMSTER the game and exploit everything they can.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • spoonybard#3189 spoonybard Member Posts: 31 Arc User

kopros666 said:

Enchantment Exchange

kopros666 said:

Enchantment Exchange

ROFLMAO really that you guys believed that the exchange system wouldn't be bta? OFC it would. Since devs announced it, it was obvious to me they wanted to sink all ad invested on enchants to get stuck. if you want anything unbound, try to trade with someone. Otherwise, get along with them bta.

For me, I really don't care since I wouldn't change my enchants anyway. And I really liked that all enchants exnchanged will be bound, maybe ppl stop trying to HAMSTER the game and exploit everything they can.
    Nice, now we know that you don't care, but you still took the time to provide invaluable feedback anyway.

How stupid of other players to post their thoughts about this issue...

And yeah, why on earth would people expect the bind status to remain the same as it had been for a month or so on preview?

Also, "ROFLMAO"...
    Was it really that funny?

On topic; you can't post bound items on the AH, why not just use that filter for the exchange vendor?

kopros666 said:

Enchantment Exchange

kopros666 said:

Enchantment Exchange

I may be looking foolish, but I really did think, there are many changes in a single patch that would justify a change without bta. In his opinion, all players would take advantage of this to value their assets since they would exchange for everything of greater value, but if this logic occurred, the higher value would lose price since there are many and the lower value would win, since there would be less their. It is the law of supply and demand. So as I only look stupid, I still expect changes on that until the last patch ... staying the way it is, I will follow the wave of many that I see to comment in several places and I will bid farewell to this game.
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    @kopros666 Totally agree with you m8. But most part of playerbase will pay cuz of a few.

Since the new mod announcement and testing on preview, ppl started to buy the cheapest enchants on ah just to trade them for the "bis" for next mod when it comes to live. That's what some selfish players can't or don't want to see, and I risk saying that they are the same players that bought a lot of enchants just to exchange them and sell later on ah. And that's why I like the bounding of every enchant tranded on the antiques dealer: since it's account wide, I could easily equipe they on alts and just farm and buy new enchants from ah or just farm them. The point here it's just simple: you wanna try to exploit? ok then, so that way everyone in the game will pay for it.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
    edited April 2019
    The same thing happened when open preview dropped. The same day before any details release, ah went nuts within minutes on every aspect that would be considered valuable in new mod before a single detail released. One example is Obc all bought out and went from 4k to 500k withing minutes of official NDA closure. That is extreeme profiteering and I would say probably more extreme since it was mounts, companions, enchants, insignias, etc. and mostly not to anyones benefit that hadn't known what changes were coming before NDA closure.
    I honestly dont care and good for them, but that being said. It's not like in next mod every companion just flat wont work at all without completely replacing them like enchants on companions.

My guess would be those who are most vocal for the bta are those who have been and or are planning on profiting on runestones and pricing as high as possible with bta exchange. Just look at whats been happening with runestones in live ah and how much more it hikes in release if implemented bta. Either way it's the ritch getting ritcher, but bta forces every single player to eventually replace with unbound runestones.
    Post edited by mongol69 on