test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• dressrobadressroba Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    also since best pet gear from story #make new players 20k il .
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    I'm the only one getting nerfed Crit Severity from "Erinyes of Belial" and "Cambion Magus" ?

for me they show normal stats when inspected but much lower when the power is equipped...
  • dressrobadressroba Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2019

i think pets bouns need some important changes .

u made the il now count as each 20 stats = 1 il , by keeping 8k stats from leg pet bouns = 100 il that's making the new system useless .
    '8k stats = 400 il '

u can have 2 ppl same il one have 5 leg bouns that give 8k stats each (some even give 10k ) and one have 5 green bouns that give 2k stats each they're both same il but one have 40k stats from pet bouns and the other 10k .

if you're going to respect the new il count system u need either to rise the il based on rank(green,rare,epic,leg) or based on the stats , how much powerfull the bouns is for pets that give ( posion or dmg or debuff bouns ..... ).

or nerf all pets stats at leg to 2 k stats to have 100il there :

green(500stats) 25 il
    blue (1000stats) 50 il
    epic (1500stats) 75 il
    leg (2000stats) 100 il

other thing u can do is:

green bouns: 2000 stats or 1% something + 1000 stats = 100 il .
    rare bouns : 4000 or 2% + 2000 = 200 il
    epic bouns: 6000 or 3% + 3000 = 300 il
    leg bouns : 8000 or 4% + 4000 = 400 il

since 1% = 1000 stats now ( 1% = 50 il looks right )

• artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    The stats are still there guys, only the tooltip doesn't show them.
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    artifleur said:

I noticed that late last night. I gain WAY more stats than my companion shows on their page. It makes it really hard to determine what you need.
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    @sgrantdev

Hi,
    Will it be possible to remove companions from our Companion Roster?

It's a problem if you have a green one inside, and if we want to replace this one be the purple version.

Thx for your feedback,
    Brew.
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • tardbathtardbath Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    There is no "balance" in some companion +stats
    example : Alphonse Knox Legndary +4kArmPen +2kCA
    Wandering Scarecrow legendary +8kArmPen +2kDef

Is this intended ?? This will lead to "BIS" comps that will get nerfed soon or later?!

I asked again in this thread for another companion but there was no answer or "fix" (Zhentarim Warlock/Harper Bard at legendary 16k HP both but +4k/+2k for the other stats)

Best
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User

Does anyone know what the new stats will be for the Fawn of Shiallia who gives only recovery as an active bonus? What will recovery be replaced with in Mod16?

Power and Crit (bigger stat is crit)... I have all companions in my companion overview in the pocket wiki:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fP_cUugHdsObvQDzLFijGA-mVm_qLmSy0MI62aTLkDM/edit?usp=sharing

Also, the formula for stat transfers actually hasn't changed... Just the base value for companions and augments has changed.

Base value now is "(Rank -4) * 100" (at least for all ranks >= 10)
    Great document!
    But, if the attributes tab is supposed to be the starting values for a new character they don't look right. I had a friend who only plays Champions with his Cryptic/PWE account create and authorize an empty Neverwinter account so I could see starting values on Preview when you create from scratch.

I see the following without racial bonuses:
    Ranger: STR: 16, CON: 12, DEX: 16, INT: 10, WIS: 8, CHA: 12
    Barbarian: STR: 18, CON: 14, DEX: 14, INT: 8, WIS: 10, CHA: 10
    Cleric: STR: 10, CON: 10, DEX: 10, INT: 15, WIS: 16, CHA: 13
    Paladin: STR: 8, CON: 12, DEX: 8, INT: 12, WIS: 14, CHA: 18
    Rogue: STR: 13, CON: 13, DEX: 18, INT: 8, WIS: 10, CHA: 12
    Fighter: STR: 16, CON: 16, DEX: 14, INT: 8, WIS: 10, CHA: 10
    Wizard: STR: 8, CON: 10, DEX: 12, INT: 18, WIS: 14, CHA: 12
    Warlock: STR: 8, CON: 14, DEX: 12, INT: 16, WIS: 8, CHA: 16
    artifleur said:

Tks man !

I didn't had time to test after i notice that, but i was thinking this might be the case since the tooltip on pet still the same...
    (only saw that on my ranger a min before logging off from Wizard test night)
  • rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User

Does anyone know what the new stats will be for the Fawn of Shiallia who gives only recovery as an active bonus? What will recovery be replaced with in Mod16?

Power and Crit (bigger stat is crit)... I have all companions in my companion overview in the pocket wiki:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fP_cUugHdsObvQDzLFijGA-mVm_qLmSy0MI62aTLkDM/edit?usp=sharing

Also, the formula for stat transfers actually hasn't changed... Just the base value for companions and augments has changed.

Great document!
    But, if the attributes tab is supposed to be the starting values for a new character they don't look right. I had a friend who only plays Champions with his Cryptic/PWE account create and authorize an empty Neverwinter account so I could see starting values on Preview when you create from scratch.

Ahhh I know what I did wrong... forget to remove racial bonuses indeed... are you sure paladin is correct? All others give 74 total points and paladin only 72...

Anyway updated the sheet
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User

Great document!

Ahhh I know what I did wrong... forget to remove racial bonuses indeed... are you sure paladin is correct? All others give 74 total points and paladin only 72...

Anyway updated the sheet
    Just checked it again and Paladin is correct.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    tardbath said:

Is this intended ?? This will lead to "BIS" comps that will get nerfed soon or later?!

I asked again in this thread for another companion but there was no answer or "fix" (Zhentarim Warlock/Harper Bard at legendary 16k HP both but +4k/+2k for the other stats)

Best

If that´s an issue, I can name another one.
    Archons, as now you could litterally delete those companions at current state completely.
    "5% on At Will use , to increase your Combat advantage by 2000 for 10 seconds when attacking targets with less than 50% health. This can only occur once every 15 seconds. Each additional archon equipped archon player bonus incease stat bonus up to 1000."

So you have a 5% chance vs mobs at 50% or lower on At will use to buff your Combat Advantage for 2k.
    On At will use you pop a 2000 bonus but only at 50% health adn 66% of the time ??
    Compared to a constant bonus like 6000 or 8000k it sounds pretty bad...it´s more than that, it´s underwhelming !
    Even assuming it is up at once from At will use (5% chance), you end up getting a 2000 stat buff for 66% of the time half of the time...wich is an average bonus of 660 Combat Advantage, 1650 at 4 Archons (5 times worse than 8k statbonus at best!)
    Assuming you are mad enough to slot 4 Archons (Water, Fire Earth, Air), you end with 5000 CA for 33% of the time and 10000 power + 5000 defense with luck for 66% of time ending with 1650 CA (average), 6600 power (if at 100% health and target lower than 100%) and 3300 Defense when at 100% health... tempting isn´t it?

Just pick a Deepcrow (constant 8k power) a Staldorf (8k CA) a Scarecrow (8k Arp+2k defense) and any other unwanted companion from mod 15 like a black Dragon Iuon Stone (8k crit) getting a 34k constant statbuff 24/7 vs a 11550 (average) -> a 3 times better and more consistant buff in the end.

"Boss, how can we make player most angry in this game?"
    Boss: " Just nerf actual BIS companions"
    In my eyes it is more selfdestructive than anything else acting like this.

Is there any argument to invest into CA or Critsverity over power anyway?
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Yes. Consider this scenario:
    Your Power is 70,000
    Your Crit is 25%
    Your CA is 40%

In this case...
    o Adding 8,000 to power will give you a 4.7% damage increase. (1.78/1.70)

o Adding 8,000 to crit (with 100% severity) will give you a 6.4% damage increase when you dont have CA. When you have CA it will only increase your damage by 5.33%.

o Adding 8,000 to Combat Advantage will increase your damage by nothing when you have no CA. Your damage will increase by an average of 4.53% when you have CA.

The important thing to realize is that as Power rises, it becomes less effective to add more to it, but at the same time Crit and CA cut each others effectiveness. With 100% critical severity.. Power and Crit should be increased equally until both reach 50%. After that, Power should be maintained at 50% higher than your CA%.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    tardbath said:

Best

If you think that's bad, they removed Defense from LOYAL &*$#ING DEFENDER. Talk about a kick to the teeth. Don't think for one second that I'm not still seriously pissed off about that.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    I guess this is the place to ask and apologies if it has already been answered - I didnt read thru all 19 pages.

We all know Stat bonuses from companions are wacky, those will defo get a re-balance before launching m16. What I dont know is this - are active /i mean non-augs/ companions wai right now on Preview? Cause let me tell you, a companion can pretty much solo Fangbreaker with my Justicar providing tanking and some support. Last night I reached Drufi twice with two different active comps on each run and I would have soloed..ahem..I mean my companion would have soloed her if one of her damaging abilities wasnt still bugged to insta kill even tanks thru Blocking.

Why are we becoming our companions companion in m16? Those AI driven, bug crunching lil buggers are many times stronger than even the strongest character we can possibly build. So again, is that wai ?
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
    thestia said:

Removing debuffs brings back a meta where augments are playable. That's a win in my book (and virtually no one else's)

The way things are currently, there is no reason to use anything BUT an augment. All this has done is switch the meta to the extreme opposite where everyone uses augments again, and no one uses active companions.
    Im sorry but what are you talking about? Which comps have you tested? I know for a fact that my legendary Paranoid Delusion hits with an at-will for 50 000 dmg on average. Would you call that nothing? Active comps clear mobs faster than almost any player. In Tuern the time it takes to solo is a lot less with a summoned, active comp than its with an aug. Personally I like the aug more since my main is a tank and the HP + other stats are nice to have however there is no denying active comps are dps gods right now /and will probably get a nerf/
  • itzlapolaloltzitzlapolaloltz Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Alpha Compy doesnt spawn compy buddies.

• vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    emilemo said:

I know for a fact that my legendary Paranoid Delusion hits with an at-will for 50 000 dmg on average. Would you call that nothing?

Kind of, yes. In M15, that number is negligible; in M16 it should be slightly more impactful in comparison thanks to the lack of high-value multiplicative buffs, but Companions still attack slowly, can't be micromanaged, and have an AI that can generously be described as "confused," so their overall contribution to anything but a dummy fight ranges from zilch to somewhat questionable.

I do hope that augments and active battle companions end up close enough in performance that the choice becomes largely cosmetic at end game, though.

Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited April 2019

vorphied said:

emilemo said:

I know for a fact that my legendary Paranoid Delusion hits with an at-will for 50 000 dmg on average. Would you call that nothing?

Kind of, yes. In M15, that number is negligible; in M16 it should be slightly more impactful in comparison thanks to the lack of high-value multiplicative buffs, but Companions still attack slowly, can't be micromanaged, and have an AI that can generously be described as "confused," so their overall contribution to anything but a dummy fight ranges from zilch to somewhat questionable.

I do hope that augments and active battle companions end up close enough in performance that the choice becomes largely cosmetic at end game, though.

I don't have my ACT logs handy right now (at work), but I've tested multiple dps companions and augments against test dummies and they generally come out to about the same damage output with a 5 minute timer; meaning (you + a companion total DPS) ~= (You + an augment total dps), a standard summoned companion has situational advantage in that you can place yourself for combat advantage solo as well as an extra aggro draw, whereas the augment boosts your stats higher, is reliable over the course of the fight, and never draws unwanted aggro... really I see each choice as having situational benefits. If little changes between now and go live my plan is to run a standard companion while solo, and an augment while in groups.
    In my opinion, they need to turn down companion damage. Whether I'm in Master of the Hunt or Lair of the Mad Mage or Undermountain campaign area or expeditions with/without runes... my companion is out-damaging me. I've got companion damage absolutely cranked (5x Dark Utility Insignia, Warlord damage boost, maximum Charisma, and Bronzewood weapon enchant to boost ally damage) and my companion is doing between 30,000 and 40,000 damage per hit (every couple seconds). Meanwhile, my at-wills are doing under 10,000 and my Encounters are doing between 10,000 and 30,000 damage. My Daily fills so slowly I forget it's there and only use it in boss fights. I'm just doing whats most effective for my DPS. Unless cryptic wants this to be the trend.. they need to dial it down.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

vorphied said:

emilemo said:

I don't have my ACT logs handy right now (at work), but I've tested multiple dps companions and augments against test dummies and they generally come out to about the same damage output with a 5 minute timer; meaning (you + a companion total DPS) ~= (You + an augment total dps), a standard summoned companion has situational advantage in that you can place yourself for combat advantage solo as well as an extra aggro draw, whereas the augment boosts your stats higher, is reliable over the course of the fight, and never draws unwanted aggro... really I see each choice as having situational benefits. If little changes between now and go live my plan is to run a standard companion while solo, and an augment while in groups.
    In my opinion, they need to turn down companion damage. Whether I'm in Master of the Hunt or Lair of the Mad Mage or Undermountain campaign area or expeditions with/without runes... my companion is out-damaging me. I've got companion damage absolutely cranked (5x Dark Utility Insignia, Warlord damage boost, maximum Charisma, and Bronzewood weapon enchant to boost ally damage) and my companion is doing between 30,000 and 40,000 damage per hit (every couple seconds). Meanwhile, my at-wills are doing under 10,000 and my Encounters are doing between 10,000 and 30,000 damage. My Daily fills so slowly I forget it's there and only use it in boss fights. I'm just doing whats most effective for my DPS. Unless cryptic wants this to be the trend.. they need to dial it down.
    i'm pretty sure that just means YOU aren't doing enough damage. LOL. they need to buff up player damage before I hear about anyone begging for moar nerfs! you're just trying to butter up no worries. He's all like oh yeah,, nerfs mmmmmm. lol yeah yo dawg I heard you like nerfs.. so here is some nerf for your nerf! damage has to come from somewhere. when they raise our damage up to decent again then we can talk but last time someone asked for a buff they were like oh I know how to buff. we nerf everything! in russia nerf buff you
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Companion damage is exactly where it needs to be to compensate for increased stats with augments. Dps is roughly the same utilizing either on a well built toon.

I would agree with that. In some circumstances it is not clear whether it is better to use an augment or a regular companion, and to me that's an indication that they got the balance right.

Lower damage for regular companions would basically swing the balance to "use augments all the time", so, no - this is fine as it is.
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited April 2019
    Looking at the statbonus augments actually give it is a viable option for less geared player to step into higher content and reach statcaps plus a big HP boost on top.
    If you allready have enough gear, you can call you companion on top, since the statbuff from augment on top is wasted most of the time.
    Actually it is pretty hard to even reach those statcaps at all, even slotting rank 14-15 enchants on top of endgear.
    I think it´s a good trade for most situations and lowers the gap between endgearded and less geared player. Comps need to deal some damage since otherwise they are simply useless compared to that augment, beside the fact that they die and have a poor KI, no nerf needed in my eyes. A tank will allways pick that augment anyway.
    edited April 2019
    (wrong forum...delete)
    Post edited by adinosii on
    edited April 2019
    hustin1 said:

If you think that's bad, they removed Defense from LOYAL &*$#ING DEFENDER. Talk about a kick to the teeth. Don't think for one second that I'm not still seriously pissed off about that.

Why? I mean, you might just be using it for a couple of days after Mod 16 hits when you get companion items with higher stats anyhow. Besides...maxing out Defense is not too hard anyhow.
    Well well, what have we here. Looks like active companion damage got greatly reduced with the last patch. All of you who have been saying that pet damage was ok or even low /lol/ must be living in a dream.. Or maybe you simply hoped for op pets to go live.

Either way its fine now
    emilemo said:

Well well, what have we here. Looks like active companion damage got greatly reduced with the last patch. All of you who have been saying that pet damage was ok or even low /lol/ must be living in a dream.. Or maybe you simply hoped for op pets to go live.

Either way its fine now

I believe the Pets dmg was good before the 29march patch, after that it just went to high, hope it have sent back to that and not lower, anyway theres patch notes this week ???
    edited April 2019
    emilemo said:

Either way its fine now

Hmm, I think you are definitely wrong. For a geared, knowledgeable player that comp is nearly equal to an augment. For a player that doesn´t know how to play and has wrong stats gear etc. that comp is a real assist tbh.
    If they really nerf companions, they will be from no more interest in most setups (groupcontent), except maybe doing dailies or running grindy solocontent.
    Most player will stuck anyway with augments in highlevel groupconetent then, since statcaps are astronomic somehow.
    My warlock is not gonna think about a companion at all since puppet spends CA, 80k HP boost is welcome and I gonna finetune my stats sololy on an augment if comps get nerfed significantly. That´s how I will act towards changes you named.
    When I started this game augments were first pick (BIS) and everyone was complaining about the uselessness of 99% of all companions.
    Anyway, i don´t care that much. I simply addept to unlogical changes until I leave this game for good out of boredomness, since all my classes were downgraded in playstyle and are not that much fun to play at current state, naming OP, GF, DC at first.