test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

multiple/multibox accounts

rudoxiki#9406 rudoxiki Member Posts: 22 Arc User
edited April 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
hey i was think about this qestion, because i see very toxic players about this multiple..support please answer me for this. when player use multiple account in same time and just farm AD and gold in ndemo, he doesn't do anyone hurt..but people when see that..then they insult player and become toxic... wtf is wrong with this people in this game...if another player have better than him then they insult...make toxic and go to support like primitive alien
Post edited by rudoxiki#9406 on

Comments

• darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    > @rudoxiki#9406 said:
    > hey i was think about this qestion, because i see very toxic players about this multiple..support please answer me for this. when player use multiple account in same time and just farm AD and gold in ndemo, he doesn't do anyone hurt..but people when see that..then they insult player and become toxic... wtf is wrong with this people in this game...if another player have better than him then they insult...make toxic and go to support like primitive alien

Ok I understand English is probably not your first language, so I am going to take a guess at what your saying.

Are you saying it is ok for a person to use multiple accounts at one time to be running ndemo at same time to earn AD? If so, Yes that is a very negative thing to do, because you are not actively participating in either instance and you are just afk for ad, that is no bueno.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Having more than one account is a grey area but multiboxing is definitely considered a violation of the Terms of Service.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • rudoxiki#9406 rudoxiki Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    yes my english is weak :disappointed: sorry, but that player dont wrong to others, dont use any bugs, bots, hacks nothing..yes i know he have afk more than one account, but when fight is really fast, dont afk on cut scene i dont understood this, why people are toxic, its just game...in this game 70% peoples use multiboxing, and its good i dont understand toxic players...its sad ;/ if you farm normaly witout any hacks, bugs etc, you farm few hours to take 100k daily, and i think its not wrong in this, ndemo is easy..and not public que just only private (yes i know i must learn english :P)
    edited April 2019
    its sad, because when another player have better than him then they crush him, because people are envious, toxic and idk how name that... hmm its really sad
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited April 2019

its sad, because when another player have better than him then they crush him, because people are envious, toxic and idk how name that... hmm its really sad

I don't know what you are trying to say.
    Are you saying you were doing multi-boxing and got insulted when you were doing that?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

yes my english is weak :disappointed: sorry, but that player dont wrong to others, dont use any bugs, bots, hacks nothing..yes i know he have afk more than one account, but when fight is really fast, dont afk on cut scene i dont understood this, why people are toxic, its just game...in this game 70% peoples use multiboxing, and its good i dont understand toxic players...its sad ;/ if you farm normaly witout any hacks, bugs etc, you farm few hours to take 100k daily, and i think its not wrong in this, ndemo is easy..and not public que just only private (yes i know i must learn english :P)

It is not true that 70% of players are doing multi-boxing. I don't even think there is 7%.
    i have seen many peoples on multiple but im not toxic player and when he play on multiple then its not wrong, he farm... many peoples dont understand how many hours you must play to get ad, 100k daily on account its sad..but when you have 3 or 4 account then you get daily 300-400 or more...but on ndemo you must play for 100k two hours to get this..but multiple its wrong when you use on epic dungeon with 5 player party that is wrong but if you farm on private que with 10 people i think its not..because its private que, hmm people every second can leave that party...i dont undertand when they are toxic and insult that player..toxic and insulting are wrong

Are you saying you were doing multi-boxing and got insulted when you were doing that?
    i try saying , multiboxing should allowed without toxic atmosphere
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited April 2019

Multi-boxing is not allowed. Do you understand what multi-boxing means?
    Multi-boxing is not the same as multiple account.
    If you are known doing multi-boxing, you will be banned.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    yes i know what is multiple and multiboxing my mistake in tittle of this post
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Read the Terms of Service you agreed to before you ever set foot in Neverwinter.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    hmm i dont find in Terms of Service any information on multiboxing or multiple accounts...
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    If you are playing multiple accounts at the same time and using one of them to just afk in a Demogorgan run then

1) YES, you are breaking the rules and

2) It is VERY rude. You are basically asking 9 other people to work 110% harder to allow YOU to earn more for less effort.

3) Going AFK for any reason is rude. Doesn't matter if you have 1, 2 or 10 accounts.

Multiboxing to farm AD is harmful to other players.

It's illegal to Multibox, you are getting more AD than you would otherwise be allowed, and that messes with the economy for the people that play by the rules.

If you were coming here looking for sympathy you made a serious mistake.
    we are not sympathetic to your cause. Most of us are firmly opposed to cheating, and this is cheating.
    Most of us are also not at all interested in picking up your slack in dungeons because you want to cheat.

but when its private que then players can leave every time without penalty 30min. I dont cheat i just create this post for opinion players and in Terms of Service i didnt find any informations for multibox, really or maybe i don't read correctly, yes i know its a really delicate question, but players have a choice, they allow or they can leave after kill demo , and doesn't hurt anyone

If you were coming here looking for sympathy you made a serious mistake.

no i dont looking for sympathy i just search for opinion but i see really negativ opinions

banned for what? because i create post with multiple/multibox? wow
    i dont find any information in Terms of Service, or im blind..
    i still waiting for answer any Moderator about this question multiple and multibox, they know better than any player i mean multibox/multiple account without use any bugs, hack, bot programs etc
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    I've seen no prohibition on HAVING multiple accounts although a lot of people think there is one.

Running several at the same time while only actively playing one is gaining an advantage without actively playing hence falls under the anti-botting restrictions.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited April 2019

banned for what? because i create post with multiple/multibox? wow
    i dont find any information in Terms of Service, or im blind..
    i still waiting for answer any Moderator about this question multiple and multibox, they know better than any player i mean multibox/multiple account without use any bugs, hack, bot programs etc
    You would actually need to talk to Customer Service about it, not a moderator. We only moderate the forums, and have no powers over game accounts.

That being said, we have been informed that having multiple accounts is not a violation, but multiboxing is a violation and bannable. If you have more that one account, do not log onto them at the same time.

Edit to add - I have also heard through unofficial sources that having an excessive number of accounts, even if not multiboxing, can be a violation, but have not personally verified that through official means - so I would err on the side of caution with that as well.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    ok,Its a violation but i don't find in Terms of Service any information about multibox
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

ok,Its a violation but i don't find in Terms of Service any information about multibox

You agree not to use any hardware or software, including but not limited to third party tools, or any other method of support which may in any way influence or give you an advantage in the use of the Services which is not authorized by us, including but not limited to the use of ‘bots’ and/or any other method by which the Service may be played automatically without human input.

FrozenFire
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited April 2019

but when its private que then players can leave every time without penalty 30min. I dont cheat i just create this post for opinion players and in Terms of Service i didnt find any informations for multibox, really or maybe i don't read correctly, yes i know its a really delicate question, but players have a choice, they allow or they can leave after kill demo , and doesn't hurt anyone

Are you saying you recruit people for your demo runs without telling them they will be carrying your AFKs? You don't see how this can be a problem for some?

You agree not to use any hardware or software, including but not limited to third party tools, or any other method of support which may in any way influence or give you an advantage in the use of the Services which is not authorized by us, including but not limited to the use of ‘bots’ and/or any other method by which the Service may be played automatically without human input.

ok my mistake but when player use multibox and suppose player use multibox, and he dont doing afk only just play on this accounts, just switch fast between accounts, yes i know i have really crazy idea about this :D i try explain all questions about this, because its really intresting information...and if this rule is hard rule with terms of service and can't little take in then it is sad
  • motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    Unfortunately the terms of service are not entirely clear with respect to the problem that:
    - a player with multiple accounts queues into an instance, playing only one account at the time (or all accounts afk) and using no software - besides windows and the nwn client - to "manage" his multiple accounts.

It is very well possible to fire up multiple instances of the nwn client (without any extra software).
    In fact, it is a specific functionality of the nwn client (in windows it is always possible to set a program up in such a way, that only one instance of the program can be active at a given time - I even think that this is the default setting, but not 100% sure)
    It is also possible, to switch between multiple instances of the nwn client on a single PC via windows command keys, not using any extra software
    Finally, it is possible to have several PCs with one nwn-client running on every PC.

Whether the "anti-botting rule" actually applies in such a case, is a matter of interpretation.
    In my personal interpretation it does apply in this particular case (and similar cases), because the key clause of the rule is:

"You agree not to use [...] any [...] method [...] which may in any way influence or give you an advantage in the use of the Services [...]"

If you read the rule, it is essentially irrelevant what method you use to gain an (unfair) advantage.
    The methods that are explicitly mentioned in the "anti-botting rule" are merely examples ("any hardware or software", "or any other method"), and it is explicitly stated that the examples given do not comprise a complete list ("including but not limited to")

For me it is absolutely obvious, that whenever you queue with multiple accounts into a public or private instance, taking advantage of the efforts of other players (because you cannot complete the instance without them), this gives you an advantage, in fact an extremely unfair advantage over the other players in the instance, that only get a single reward (for the same effort), whereas you get multiple rewards (a factor 2-5 more than they do).

Either you are using botting software to control all your accounts, which is unfair and explicitly forbidden.

But even if you do not use any extra software, and only play one account at a given time, your "method" consists out of doing nothing at all with the other 1-4 accounts that are afk.
    In other words, with just 1/2 to 1/5 of the effort of a legitimate player, you reap the full rewards.
    And worse, you are being carried by the other players, that have to make up for the accounts that are afk.
    So you are using the other players to do the work for you.
    That is extremely rude, extremely unfair, and clearly an unfair advantage.

I have no sympathy, and I think you should be banned.
    If it is your first infraction and you had difficulties to correctly interpret the ToS, you should be given the benefit of doubt and get a temporary ban, but in the temporary ban you should be informed, that any subsequent violation will lead to a perma-ban.

Unfortunately the terms of service are not entirely clear with respect to the problem that:
    - a player with multiple accounts queues into an instance, playing only one account at the time (or all accounts afk) and using no software - besides windows and the nwn client - to "manage" his multiple accounts.

It is very well possible to fire up multiple instances of the nwn client (without any extra software).
    In fact, it is a specific functionality of the nwn client (in windows it is always possible to set a program up in such a way, that only one instance of the program can be active at a given time - I even think that this is the default setting, but not 100% sure)
    It is also possible, to switch between multiple instances of the nwn client on a single PC via windows command keys, not using any extra software
    Finally, it is possible to have several PCs with one nwn-client running on every PC.

Whether the "anti-botting rule" actually applies in such a case, is a matter of interpretation.
    In my personal interpretation it does apply in this particular case (and similar cases), because the key clause of the rule is:

"You agree not to use [...] any [...] method [...] which may in any way influence or give you an advantage in the use of the Services [...]"

If you read the rule, it is essentially irrelevant what method you use to gain an (unfair) advantage.
    The methods that are explicitly mentioned in the "anti-botting rule" are merely examples ("any hardware or software", "or any other method"), and it is explicitly stated that the examples given do not comprise a complete list ("including but not limited to")

For me it is absolutely obvious, that whenever you queue with multiple accounts into a public or private instance, taking advantage of the efforts of other players (because you cannot complete the instance without them), this gives you an advantage, in fact an extremely unfair advantage over the other players in the instance, that only get a single reward (for the same effort), whereas you get multiple rewards (a factor 2-5 more than they do).

Either you are using botting software to control all your accounts, which is unfair and explicitly forbidden.

But even if you do not use any extra software, and only play one account at a given time, your "method" consists out of doing nothing at all with the other 1-4 accounts that are afk.
    In other words, with just 1/2 to 1/5 of the effort of a legitimate player, you reap the full rewards.
    And worse, you are being carried by the other players, that have to make up for the accounts that are afk.
    So you are using the other players to do the work for you.
    That is extremely rude, extremely unfair, and clearly an unfair advantage.

I have no sympathy, and I think you should be banned.
    If it is your first infraction and you had difficulties to correctly interpret the ToS, you should be given the benefit of doubt and get a temporary ban, but in the temporary ban you should be informed, that any subsequent violation will lead to a perma-ban.

ban because i create that post? o.O please dont comment toxic player
    edited April 2019
    i use botting software? lol show me o.O i make post to comment and now i use botting software cool...i never seen nosense words..you have a proof if i use botting software? lol please dont comment, and do not scare me about ban because i dont do wrong anythink.. wow nice idea...who make post with multibox or any unfair advantage then he use bott software :D nice joke...i never use any bots in any game...because i dont need that o.O
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Regardless, at this point in time, this is a discussion you need to have with Customer Service, rather than here on the forums. As such, this thread is now closed. If you have more questions regarding this topic, please file a ticket with Customer Service. Thank you.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.