test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 16

demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
I hope that with mod 16 tr has an encounter that bypasses armor pen 100% when used behind an enemy.

I hope that tr can still go running around in stealth like a ninja.

I hope tr retains their mobility.

I hope we keep smoke bomb.

I hope we keep dazing strike.

I hope we keep shadow strike.

Other than that ... surprise me
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!

Comments

• lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    Anyone was on preview to see the changes? I'm curious about them!
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Yes... I'm on preview... gloaming cut seems way weakers... working on getting assassinate....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    Feels like a totally different game... sabi class was cannibalized and spread between executioner and scoundrel... whisper knife has executioner master infiltrator powers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eshkull#7182 eshkull Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    > @demonmonger said:
    > Feels like a totally different game... sabi class was cannibalized and spread between executioner and scoundrel... whisper knife has executioner master infiltrator powers
    > ..

Wow, good to see WK get the respect it deserves<3
    > @ddasani1 said:
    > > @demonmonger said:
    > > Feels like a totally different game... sabi class was cannibalized and spread between executioner and scoundrel... whisper knife has executioner master infiltrator powers
    > > ..
    >
    > Wow, good to see WK get the respect it deserves<3

Um go play it then say that..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    yes kind of underwhelming by the looks of it - both paths
    rustlord said:

yes kind of underwhelming by the looks of it - both paths

Yes... stealth option for rogue is gone....
    Mobility option for rogue is gone...
    All we can do now is cookie cut power defense deflection with assorted mount bonuses.
    Not the way I ever played my pnp tr.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2019
    See you all in mod 16... wont be logging on much till then... trying to forget mod 15 already. Then mod 16 may not be as shockingly painful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alfared#9239 alfared Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Ya...i took a look...numbers looks the same...but you can definitely sense the loss of power...arch simplification of the build system...ridiculous cooldowns on encounters...no life steal is also a massive change...better stock up on stones of health friends...soloing will be near impossible...but for the end gamers...expensive companions who are now useless because of the change of bonus....it is a nerf no doubt about it...hated mod 15...now since the preview came out...it feels useless to play until 16 comes...and i am less than impressed with what i saw...so from my standpoint...it doesn't look good....for new players it'll be ok...but for long time players...i think it is going to be a tough pill to swallow!

But as a TR...my real question is....

Why did we have to get nerfed and re-calibrated in mod 15...if it was all going to be re-invented again in the very next mod?

This is what pi$$e$ me off...had to re-learn to use my character for 1 freaking mod!...and you got to do it again!
    ...made our existence miserable for absolutely no reasons!
    Amen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • doink#2651 doink Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Imagine Mod 16 without the nerf in Mod 15... I would suggest, ALL TR´s would leave the game instantly..:)
    Doink....useless TR...

• maxx1204maxx1204 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Some pro TR's said that mod 16 looks like pre mod3 times for rogues.
    So mod 16 launch is near, and I just wanna know... which enchants would be better to us, rogues, do our job the best way we can?
    > @lordseth1985 said:
    > So mod 16 launch is near, and I just wanna know... which enchants would be better to us, rogues, do our job the best way we can?

Vorpal looks good, prominence is good, lightning is good

Boost your deflection and hp as much as possible, some may even say boost defense.

Make sure you have mounts that can heal you in several ways.

Make sure you have these companions to heal you

Astral deva, pig, splinters (summoned companion), death slaad for added at will damage , and whatever else you like
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So we still have the 75% deflection reduction?
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2019

So we still have the 75% deflection reduction?

Nope.
    No individuality from ability scores either, so no deflect from CHA/DEX.
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
    And stealth is still nerfed... just wow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oh gosh... why they did that to us? from a squishy glass cannon to... what now?
    We are just dps... not too sqhishy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • turloghobrienturloghobrien Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Hi there, I am very casual player and certainly not very skilled one, but I have been able to get around the game with the almost "permastealth" combo of hyped stealth boosting Feats and Skills, Gloaming cut, Bait and switch, Shadow Strike, Lurker's Assault and also heaving high Recovery to allow for fast cooldowns of Stealth refilling Encounters. The ability to remain stealthed balanced the fact that TR has weak defenses and relatively weak attacks (when out of Stealth and compared to other DPSs). Now I feel bit frustrated, the cooldowns are deadly slow and there are just limited options to tweak them. Gloaming cut and Shadow Strike are less effective in refilling Stealth. The Stealth refilling capabilities are spread between Assassin (e.g. Gloaming cut) and Whisperknife (e.g. Shadow Strike), so you are not able to build Stealth centered character.
    I like to play thieves and rogues right because of stealthy, sneaky, surprising attacks and ability to avoid risks. Mod 16 has taken away big part of that and I am really thinking about switching to a different class (if not even switching out of Neverwinter).
    Last remark, in a normal gameplay (I am finishing Sharandar campaign, I can still handle the stuff with relative ease. Levelling queues are still OK, but Intermediate queues are pain. In Tiamat I was butchered and was able to merely scratch the bad guys, nothing more. In Dwarven throne I was able to do some damage, then I was left alone by the rest of the party, I have persisted and managed to knock down the psionic shield (well, I died many times), but that was it, Boss Illithid was way beyond my abilities.
    yea... things are bad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    which mount bonus/insignias/insignias bonus are you using now?
    > @lordseth1985 said:
    > which mount bonus/insignias/insignias bonus are you using now?

Anything that heals me...

Heal on deflection
    Heal on control
    Heal on combat advantage

Mount bonus redemption
    Yes I broke down and bought legendary lion just for the heals

Insignias..
    Hp boost
    Deflection boost
    Str boost
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenni46rus#9742 kenni46rus Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    more class rogue is not needed and this is reality m 16 https://youtu.be/ZtkxHFrRWkU