test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: General Feedback

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    bpstuart said:

Bug. Enchantment excahnge vendor gives me nothing upon sale of enchantments. I am not receiving replacement items at all.

What should i be receiving?

Eh, you do not receive anything...its' just a "credit" so to speak...then you co to the last tab and claim what you want.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    Speaking of the claim tab. It would be nice if the boxes didn't all look the same. A lot of people don't read the description before selecting and will be upset when they end up with a runestone, they can't exchange, instead of an enchantment they wanted.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    adinosii said:

I just finished running some tests with a stopwatch. Basically I wanted to compare the time it takes to do solo content in Mod 16, compared to mod 15.

I used the same character - a "close to BiS" Cleric. IL 18.6K lvl 17 in Mod 15 and IL 23K lvl 80 in Mod 16. I did content where I could be certain I had to fight the exact same mobs.

The bottom line is that the content takes about 50% longer in Mod 16, for example, Dread Spire took 3:29 in Mod 15, but 5:27 in Mod 16. This seems to be for three reasons.

1. I don't one-shot mobs like I used to - actual fights take longer.
    2. I run slower (reduced Movement).
    3. As a Cleric, I occasionally have to stand still and hole [Tab] down to recharge.
    The extra 50% is pretty consistent across different levels of difficulty, but it applies only to me as a Cleric - I make no claims regarding other classes.
    That sounds accurate. Matches my experience on my Arbiter.
    If this were the only change it would not be a deal-breaker.
    Leveling alts, dailies will all take twice as long. Frustrating change by comparison, but that wouldn't kill the experience so long as "Neverwinter 2" was fun.
    I only play support (and now Arbiter as Devout Cleric is merely a heal-bot) and cannot comment on DPS classes.
    But having religiously followed all preview threads, it seems Clerics are in a far better position overall then many other classes.

Clerics can solo comparatively well as Arbiter (played Arbiter for about 20 hours total on preview) and will always be in demand as (boring heal-bot) Devout for team play.

But zoom out to the overall team mechanics and party compositions and we have some serious role problems.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • samfandango#1314 samfandango Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Day by day I lose faith in the company more than I do the game. Buffs gone, that's cool. Re-work to classes, yes needed. A return to the "Holy Trinity" great (although it would have been better to put your own NW twist on it). Inaction on the ZAX, weak. Still so many missed opportunites to remove AD from the game. Removal of build diversity in a D&D game, ludicrous. Goes against the core tenants of D&D. Enforced BtA emchants in trade for unbound enchants. Forces players into a lack of future choice, based on what? The belief that some people may make profit off of others lack of knowledge. Well ain't that just business? A change of combat system that removes everything that was special, worst idea yet implemented (especially bearing in mind PoE has just been released on PS4). A failure to apply anything of actual worth to the zen or WB markets, or implementing things that can corrupt the economy into them and just leaving them be. Boons amd feats are now utterly useless. Poor (which is an over-statement) communication from certain devs, leading to rotting or stagnant threads of feedbacl. New area that looks awesome, people have longed for lush environments like these. New interesting use of quest ideas, great for future creation of content.

You just seem to have lost your way. I respect the return to the HT model, but in today's world it just isn't enough. It needs that core value but with an actual 2019 spin, something that you could have delivered on, yet failed to due to perhaps funding (although many revolutional items have been created with nowt lore than a shoestring). Foss has said before that mod 16 was his brainchild, his vision. Should this truly be his vision, he is divorced from the reality of this game. I think he had a beaitiful idea for this game, but PWE red tape has tied this vision down.

I hate to be so scathing. I love this game. I hate how this ended this way
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User

You cannot RLQ into content you haven’t unlocked right now on Live.
    You could actually add the missing skirmishes from the levelling zones to RLQ as well to significantly increase the content in that part of the game.

Also Tiamat would be Level 80 content under the suggestion, just Epic.

Oh, well there you go. Sounds good, have a complete proposal on my desk by Monday.
    I’m amused to find you have a similar effective idea in the Rewards thread, wrt making the old campaigns leveling zones that are non-repeatable. Also all that has to happen for SHs is move the currency to the level 80 repeatable zones (among other solutions).
    To be clear, I was being silly, but not dismissive-the idea sounds fine, hence why my proposal was similar!
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    moved comment
    Post edited by mongol69 on
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    If I'm being honest, I'd prefer no at-wills at all. 3 seconds between encounter powers at which point I dance around is better than having to sit still and throw magic missiles.
  • trelamytrelamy Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    I still have 35 unspent power points on my cleric that i cannot exchange. I really hope we can trade them on next patch...Otherwise, i would have spent money and gain nothing............not cool.
    Our beliefs don't make us better people. Our actions do.
  • samfandango#1314 samfandango Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Something else I hadn't thought of until now. Powers recharge and magnitude have recently been stated to be a trade off. For example, for an encounter's magnitude to be increased, would also mean an increase in recharge speed.

As of last weeks patch (where magnitudes were dropped), there has not been a single reduction in recharge speed to reflect this, at least as far as I have been able to see.

When a producer mixes a track, he moves all the sliders accordingly to create balance. How do you justify a reduction in encounter magnitude to increase "effectiveness" of at wills without also adjusting recharge speeds for encounters too?
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    That's about the pattern of all prior mods, so that matches my expectations. The only thing that surprised me was the April release date, I was expecting mid May. *shrug*
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • miotest#5683 miotest Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I think it will turn out like the import of foreign democracy to Iraq ... who does not understand that it can only be implemented after thorough preparation and gradually ..... then wants too much and in the finals has nothing.
  • miotest#5683 miotest Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    There are two ways to look at things in business:
    1) every owner would prefer a variant where investment in the product flows, but we know that it is a short-term issue and the market is running out quickly
    2) The long-term and constant thing is when investment drips but constantly
    3) You can't take something from players and then want to resell them.

My advice is:
    1) Double your rating values ​​to enchantments, insignias, and armor rein. kit (and increase the jumps upgrade for one RANK), let the runestone run where it is and the standard runestone also. Rating values ​​for Guild boons and boons increase by 25% and increase the companion player bonus accordingly.
    2) Apply monsters an unsurpassed Defense buff 0-50% by level incl uptime 0-X%.
    3) Give players the chance to exchange enchantments and insignias as intended but limited to resale in length until the next MOD17 is released. Also allow the exchange of more statistics enchantments for less statistic enchantments
    4) Move the issue of the release of the new MOD 16 by a month and fine-tune all the companions because it will be an investment that, if it fails, discourages everyone.
    5) Introduce a new VIP rank that will give 1 companion token / day
    6) Put some thing in the ZEN market that will raise the weapon bonus or defense but can only be applied through the highest level of master crafting and the weapon or armor is BtA.
    7) Make Apgain so that the value that is added to it on the pointer for each use of any spell on the standard AP points of that spell.
    9) Balance the rest and remember that it is better when dripping long and always.
  • davidmokidavidmoki Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    adinosii said:

I just finished running some tests with a stopwatch. Basically I wanted to compare the time it takes to do solo content in Mod 16, compared to mod 15.

I used the same character - a "close to BiS" Cleric. IL 18.6K lvl 70 in Mod 15 and IL 23K lvl 80 in Mod 16. I did content where I could be certain I had to fight the exact same mobs.

The bottom line is that the content takes about 50% longer in Mod 16, for example, Dread Spire took 3:29 in Mod 15, but 5:27 in Mod 16. This seems to be for three reasons.

1. I don't one-shot mobs like I used to - actual fights take longer.
    2. I run slower (reduced Movement).
    3. As a Cleric, I occasionally have to stand still and hole [Tab] down to recharge.
    The extra 50% is pretty consistent across different levels of difficulty, but it applies only to me as a Cleric - I make no claims regarding other classes.
    As a GWF I can say the same, everything is extremely slow now, the all the mobs/bosses in the game need a -50% stats, its not difficult, they cannot kill me, so its just a stick fight, there is no other word than "boring".
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I was planning on posting what i dislike about this module and also what i like just to add one more to the list of the 45+pages of general feedback but i think my time would be of better use reading a book or watching a show. There is going to be far more things i like in the latest activity anyway.

ps: @iamsmokingone#2455 I think you should do the same ;)

• autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User

Another reason why solos feel like they are being ran out of the game is the devs comments. Every comment that both Asterdahl and NoWorries give, even if the users' comment is about solo play, they always talk about the power or whatever is how it relates to group play. It is as if they are only building the new parts of the game for group play, or maybe the devs only care about group play, and do not want anyone to play solo anymore. I do not know.

Yes, we all know it is a MMO, but 90% of the game is still solo content, so they should make all the classes and paragons be able to solo the content that is supposed to be soloed, in a reasonable amount of time.

If anything sinks NW this issue will be it. Most casual to serious players play NW solo. If suddenly soloing becomes too hard (or even too boring) its done.

Not to mention the fact that I have 12 characters I got to level 70 from scratch. During all that time I was asked maybe 6-10 times to join in a group in a pre-level 70 campaign. People do not want to join random strangers in low level campaigns just to get stuff like dailies done and trying to force them too with have the opposite effect, it will drive them away from NW. And the whole ask a friend or guildie to help in bunk. The odds of finding anyone at a random time who needs to do that exact same campaign mission is low to nil. We have a finite amount of time to play we have to be as efficient as possible.

If a person can't get from level one to level 70(80) in a not only reasonably manner difficulty wise but also fun manner they will just stop playing. If this person is a new player to NW they certainly are not going to buy any type of Zen service to bump XP or bypass the campaigns because at that point it's been dull and tedious. From their POV all post level 70(80) will be the same. So why bother?

Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Yeah, M6 was a disaster for the game, and in reality was what started the road to out of control hamster that they're now trying to fix. They forced out a huge gamebreaking update full of bad ideas for making gameplay better that wasn't ready. (Sound familiar?) Which they then had to try to sew together into a patchwork quilt of fixes, patches, and buffs and nerfs. Which, over time, got so out of hand that they couldn't continue. And now they're doing the same thing again. Once was a disaster enough. Twice? The game won't die immediately, but it's survival will definitely be in question. I don't know if there is enough population to sustain the game long term if there is another mass loss like M6 honestly.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    The default assumption of DPS players is that what exists right now is the final state of the mod.

It’s tragic that things need 2 encounters or an encounter and an at-will to kill now. It’s so bad that it’s unplayable (and other over extended hyperbole).

Yes players leaving is bad, but players will always leave, any time some cool new game comes along or some change happens that someone finds untenable. (There have been a few of those over the years, not just Mod6.)

Support classes have as much right to be viable and desirable to play as DPS, and the fact that the changes have made it so that DPS might actually need to bring a tank and a healer along on a dungeon isn’t the tragedy that many DPS players like to paint it as. Nor is it a trashed that the harder 5 player content isn’t soloable out of the gate for Mod16 (though no doubt it will be in time).

And just because, I have played every class on preview with my attention divided between tank and dps (heals really needs a party to test and my play window isn’t great for that), with 1 of each in end game on live and the others all “middle of the road”.

Perhaps I’m more “elite” as a player than I think, because mostly I find the experience of 16 to be fine. The areas where I struggle are all scaled areas and I expect that to be a major area of attention by the devs over the next few weeks.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.