test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: Refinement

Comments

• drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    adinosii said:

With the new status system all my character will be outdated, and my enchants that were for me and for many others will not have value.

Why do you think that? As far as regular enchantments are concerned, why not just continue to use them, and rearrange your gear, as you have to update that anyhow? It doesn't really matter where your stats come from, just what the total is.

I see this as much more of an issue with weapon or armor enchants - you may want to swap out Lightning and/or Negation, for example, as they look mostly useless now and you just cannot sell them on the AH, as nobody else will want them either - so your only option is to exchange for bound replacements.
    There is no "rearranging your gear" as all pieces for a given slot seem to have the same set of stats, with just the amounts fluctuating based on ilvl. Pretty much the only slots you actually get to choose which stats you get are rings and artifacts.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    BUG: cannot break down eldrich runestones for refinement
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    Very disappointing to see the tradeed enchants becoming bound.
    And the potential problem being "you would be able to trade bound enchants for unbound ones" can be fixed by getting a same-bounded-status enchant. That way your bound enchant remain bound, but you still can trade your unbound ones without worry.
    This is really another step down. I wrote my vision of the current M16 compared to what it was on the first week of public preview. And this strike is another bad thing. Really frightening.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    drumon88 said:

There is no "rearranging your gear" as all pieces for a given slot seem to have the same set of stats, with just the amounts fluctuating based on ilvl.

Uhm...if you consider the gear sets, from Primal and up, you pretty much have two pieces to choose from for every slot, and they typically have some differences in stats.

You can also pick neck/belt/shirt/pants items with different stats and you can do a bit of tuning with the boons and insignia as well, so no...I don't agree.

I'll admit, however, that there are limitations. For fun, I made what is close to a BiS character on Preview, with an IL of around 24K. I had a real problem with pushing certain stats down to their cap....I ended up with way more points than I wanted in some stats.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    adinosii said:

drumon88 said:

There is no "rearranging your gear" as all pieces for a given slot seem to have the same set of stats, with just the amounts fluctuating based on ilvl.

Uhm...if you consider the gear sets, from Primal and up, you pretty much have two pieces to choose from for every slot, and they typically have some differences in stats.

You can also pick neck/belt/shirt/pants items with different stats and you can do a bit of tuning with the boons and insignia as well, so no...I don't agree.

I'll admit, however, that there are limitations. For fun, I made what is close to a BiS character on Preview, with an IL of around 24K. I had a real problem with pushing certain stats down to their cap....I ended up with way more points than I wanted in some stats.
    Well, just remember: the next module that drops, the monsters will be higher stat levels, so the caps will be higher, and you'll be using the gear you have NOW for much of it. Think of the real goal to be not the necessary stats to meet this module's caps, but NEXT module's caps.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

BUG: cannot refine eldrich runestones

Not a bug: because Eldritches are being removed from the game, anything you spend to refine it is wasted. Take it to the vendor, trade it for a Bonding, refine the Bonding instead.
  • timor211timor211 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User

The exchanges are meant to BtA.

This is not a bad thing...

If we can do this permanently ; if the stuff change we can also change our ench to adapt us

If we want to sell them ; don't use the exchange system ! (only for the ench or insignia who still exist)

Well, just remember: the next module that drops, the monsters will be higher stat levels, so the caps will be higher, and you'll be using the gear you have NOW for much of it.

For a whole day or two. Is that really worth worrying about?
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

Not a bug: because Eldritches are being removed from the game, anything you spend to refine it is wasted. Take it to the vendor, trade it for a Bonding, refine the Bonding instead.
    maybe I phrased it poorly. You cannot USE them for refinement. I tried to break it down to refinement points. this was not possible
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

lowjohn said:

maybe I phrased it poorly. You cannot USE them for refinement. I tried to break it down to refinement points. this was not possible
    Ah, I misunderstood. My answer changes to: "Not necessarily a bug: because Eldritches are being removed from the game. Take it to the vendor, trade it for a Bonding, break down the Bonding instead."

I expect it's a necessary side effect of preventing people from levelling Eldritches, and it's annoying to have to work around it but it shouldn't take long to fix.

As long the exchange will stay as a game feature permanently and we are able to adapt to each change in the future, i am fine with this changes.

I think it has been stated it will only be temporary. I do suspect that the exchange for Eldritch runestones and the obsolete insignia will remain permanently, though.

• davidmokidavidmoki Member Posts: 54 Arc User

There are too many different abuses, including changing bind status of bound enchants to unbound, that happen in an unbound system.

For anyone who wants to change their enchants but wants unbound ones, trading with players/using the auction house is the way to go.

Is this an April fools joke? >No one< will use the exchange now, why does it even exists?
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User

There are too many different abuses, including changing bind status of bound enchants to unbound, that happen in an unbound system.

For anyone who wants to change their enchants but wants unbound ones, trading with players/using the auction house is the way to go.

Ehhhhh what? so you telling me my 30+ enchants i bought off the AH will be BtA? or that at mod16 someone will want to trade my feytouched for a vorpal without asking me to compensate the 10m Ad difference? ehhh nice joke. Sounds more like a lazy way of not doing things properly, cos im certain you guys could make a trade for BtA enchants and another for Unbound enchants. i can understand people cheating with weapon and armor enchants, but as for normal offense and defense enchants i cant see that. Also this is your compensation for literally making years of investment obsolette. If you proceed with this, instead of making 2 different trades for unbound and BtA, then make sure you allow this exchange feature in every mod. cheers.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
    edited April 2019

Can you quote that part for me, please?
    If they are really doing this only as one time feature, for me this is the final nail in the coffin to skip this game entirely, because i am not going to upgrade every enchantment from a scretch again by grinding another 3 years to find myself in same spot i am atm.

"The Antiquities Dealer in Protector's Enclave will allow free exchanges of enchantments for a period of time after launch."

See the first post on page 1.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    at least the enchants are bound account. That means if enchants become useless you can use them to another class.

• aesculaepiusaesculaepius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

lowjohn said:

Ah, I misunderstood. My answer changes to: "Not necessarily a bug: because Eldritches are being removed from the game. Take it to the vendor, trade it for a Bonding, break down the Bonding instead."

I expect it's a necessary side effect of preventing people from levelling Eldritches, and it's annoying to have to work around it but it shouldn't take long to fix.
    It's still a bug. If they wanted to prevent people from leveling things, they would just automatically convert them to bonding on the server side with a script. What about people who have partially-leveled eldritch runestones? What if they want to finish upgrading them to the next tier before trading? I somehow doubt that they'll let you keep invested RP into an eldritch when exchanged. So, placing any restrictions on them is counterproductive, other than the inability to slot them.
  • aesculaepiusaesculaepius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    lardeson said:

Ehhhhh what? so you telling me my 30+ enchants i bought off the AH will be BtA? or that at mod16 someone will want to trade my feytouched for a vorpal without asking me to compensate the 10m Ad difference? ehhh nice joke. Sounds more like a lazy way of not doing things properly, cos im certain you guys could make a trade for BtA enchants and another for Unbound enchants. i can understand people cheating with weapon and armor enchants, but as for normal offense and defense enchants i cant see that. Also this is your compensation for literally making years of investment obsolette. If you proceed with this, instead of making 2 different trades for unbound and BtA, then make sure you allow this exchange feature in every mod. cheers.
    Here's an easy fix: limit the number of enchants that players can exchange. One armor and one weapon per character. While there will be some early market problems for people who bought enchants just to exchange them and aren't yet high enough to use them, it solves the problem of people trading in dozens of eclipse enchantments for barkshield and the like. Limit item enchants to the total number of slots available on maxed-out gear. Or, better yet, don't bind any of the non-armor/weapon enchants at all. A couple of weeks of market instability is fine if people feel the need to fire sale their enchants. This is another example of the game designers creating a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.
  • styley177styley177 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    If the exchange mechanism becomes permenant then i can prob live with the BTA changes, however if not, then i fear this will be one change too many for me :(

(still sore re comp changes ... and other's)

Here's an easy fix: limit the number of enchants that players can exchange. One armor and one weapon per character.

Won't work. I could for example create a brand new alt, send one enchant to it, exchange and send the result back. Then delete that character, create a new one and repeat.

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User

Explain whats so bad about it plz. How many unbound enchants do we have and how many bound atm?
    Sry? This change bc about the abuses? And you can name only one? You can only name one minor abuse? And the solution for that minor "abuse" is this enchant change hammer? For all players who spent lot of money/rp points/grinds??
    Really? I mean...really????

Spidey
    For the bound enchantments, I have hundreds and counting. Typically, those are rank 6,7 from Quartermaster. However, the exchange system should just keep the bound status. i.e. trade bound X to bound X, bound Y to bound Y, unbound to unbound.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kopros666kopros666 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    adinosii said:

Here's an easy fix: limit the number of enchants that players can exchange. One armor and one weapon per character.

Won't work. I could for example create a brand new alt, send one enchant to it, exchange and send the result back. Then delete that character, create a new one and repeat.

This is why on a previous post of mine I suggested one of each armor/weapon per main character. There should be a way to calculate playing time on server (there is a command for it) so newly created chars and rusty chars would be out of the equation.
    kopros666 said:

This is why on a previous post of mine I suggested one of each armor/weapon per main character. There should be a way to calculate playing time on server (there is a command for it) so newly created chars and rusty chars would be out of the equation.

But what's a main character....there is no clear way to define that. Also, if you go by age of character, it would unfairly favour those who have a large number of "storage" alts.

I just don't see this working.
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User

Well, this is bad news. I can't image who will want to use the exchange now - except for abusing it to convert bound to character enchants to bound to account enchants.

Anyway, with enchants there's an exchange at least. We need that for strongholds and the temple too. With the removal of lifesteal the temple got useless. How about being able to exchange it for something else? Abuse does not seem to be the issue here. It's only about months of collecting resources in vain.

• nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User

You can just simply make it to do not accept bound items, that way the abuse will not happen.

If this is not acceptable then just make that only enchants from a minimum rank can be exchanged, for example R12 and better ones.

For obvious reason I'm not going to bound any item unless it is stated officially that the exchange vendor is going to be keep forever.
    nisckis said:

You can just simply make it to do not accept bound items, that way the abuse will not happen.

If this is not acceptable then just make that only enchants from a minimum rank can be exchanged, for example R12 and better ones.

You might actually have a pretty good solution there. Allow only exchanging unbound R12-R14 enchants for other unbound R12-R14 enchants. It would make those happy who want to exchange their valuable Lightning or Negation enchants for example - it would prevent profiteering through buying a ton of, say moderate Eclipse enchants, and by disallowing exchange of bound enchants, the loophole is not introduced.

This would be an acceptable and sensible thing to do (which probably ensures it will not get implemented).