test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: General Feedback

Comments

• hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User

When listening to Celeste in this campaign, she sounds just a bit ... off. At times it sounds almost as if you're alternating between 2 voice actresses. She also doesn't sound quite like she did in prior campaigns.

Suggestion:
    If you lost the old voice actress, it would probably be best to re-record all of her lines, across all campaigns, just to make everything consistent.

• rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Ebonized Spear for Fighjter is a really cool weapon tks for the disigner there
    but it should be carried on back like all the other spears not on belt, i believe is a bug...
  • violencebf22violencebf22 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    How about add more cells for bags?
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Mod 17 is going to have to add a lot to make up for the losses coming in mod 16. No matter how i look at it, Mechanically Mod16 is a lesser system and poorer product. The Gorgeous environments can't make up for how cumbersome combat has become.

The infuriating thing is that this update is worse than the last, it magnifies the problems inherent in the system change instead of mitigating them.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    bpstuart said:

Mod 17 is going to have to add a lot to make up for the losses coming in mod 16. No matter how i look at it, Mechanically Mod16 is a lesser system and poorer product. The Gorgeous environments can't make up for how cumbersome combat has become.

The infuriating thing is that this update is worse than the last, it magnifies the problems inherent in the system change instead of mitigating them.

Work on Mod 17 has already begun:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1246612/mod-17-proposal-nw-gauntlet

/s

I agree that "Neverwinter 2" is not ready for release in April.
    You say "magnifies the problems" I think of power creep and the buff meta.
    The well-intended (but misguided) solution appears to be:
    "Nerf everyone. Make them dependent on each other"

In reality, based on Asterdahls honest comments, I think they are trying to make the mechanics more inter-dependent.
    DPS need tanks. Tanks need healers. Healers and tanks need DPS.
    I wonder if NW is too far gone to abruptly go back to "The Holy Trinity"?
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User

bpstuart said:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1246612/mod-17-proposal-nw-gauntlet

/s

In reality, based on Asterdahls honest comments, I think they are trying to make the mechanics more inter-dependent.
    Or in other words "Kick the solos in the hamsters till they leave" cause that has been the feeling like. I could do okay on my own in the past but mod 16 is a slog now when it was interesting in week 2. It is like they found something interesting with decent combat and then said "The solos are still having fun. Weaken them further."
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    From some testing after newest patch:
    -Unlocking stat enhancements on the Warlock "Golden Grimoire of the Watcher" offhand, I was able to unlock all secondary stats except Critical Severity using Cubes and "unlock random". Once I only had the Crit Sev option left, the unlock random button faded out and says there are no further options to unlock, but I cannot select Crit Sev since it is still locked.
    -The AP Gain and Recharge Speed modifications do not seem to work. Neither was appearing on my character sheet, and Recharge Speed did not reduce my encounter cooldowns on their tooltips.
    -During fighting some dummies, it appears that they were receiving the buff from Rune of Aggression. The wyvern knives icon buff that was on my toolbar for Rune of Aggression was also applied to the dummies when the rune circle was placed near them. I did not use the Wyvern Venom-coated Knives arti to attack them.

-for Primary Stat enhancement on the offhand weapons, increasing in increments of 1 with values between 500-2500 (10000-25000 for Max HP, but I didn't test that one) leaves a whole lot of opportunity to waste on Augmentation Cubes and brings in a rng factor that makes the current 100-400 scale look tame.
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
  • warravanawarravana Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    And in the end it will be that tanks and heals will not needed DD :)
    El sol negro brilla, en la frente de la locura el firmar,
    Kelemvor tomó mi trono de la muerte, pero soy eterno en la oscuridar...
    https://www.youtube.com/c/cyric
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    bpstuart said:

bpstuart said:

/s

Or in other words "Kick the solos in the hamsters till they leave" cause that has been the feeling like. I could do okay on my own in the past but mod 16 is a slog now when it was interesting in week 2. It is like they found something interesting with decent combat and then said "The solos are still having fun. Weaken them further."
    "We're 60 and 60: nine games out of first. That's bad, but not bad enough."

"What do you want? You've taken away everything already."

"Not everything."

(cut to the team bus)
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • darkneseternal#9985 darkneseternal Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    hi.
    I play only on hr ,don't like the alt system .
    I found the new combat system more challenging ,because I need to calculate when to use the encounter and the daylies ,which in a way I find ok .I played both pc games and the by the look of neverwinter online actual combat sistem
    is more close to a hack & slash game (diablo 2 ) than the trpg from there is taking is roots .not sure if will remain the same ,but is beter than 4-7 sec or les to finish a trash mob in higher level zone .

About the powers removed : some of them where never use at all ,and where there more from decoration . they removed the choices that nobody never made or use .the 2 paragon path right now on preview I can say that are 1 multi target and the other is single target focus .
    I think the removing of the feets could mean that there is a posiblity in the future for multi clasing (something like 70 lev HR 30 lev TR for exp) or upgrading to special clases (weapon master ,frenzied berseker .
    Single player campaign is excelent for the moment at story and peace ,but im worried about the multiplayer part .
    the queue sistem is broken not only on the preview ,but olso on the normal server.and is not because of the dev ,but because of the players, witch wants to get the fatest,easyest and most rewarding way on dungeon,skirmish or trial.Something like :for the dungeon/skirmish/trial the best group is 3GF ,2OP and will not accept a variation of that group, and if athe group fails 1-2 to miniboss on that trial/skirmish/dungeon will just abandon it and try it again in the same composition whit other players .
    The perfect exp is the last event whit the tales of old .very nice dungeon and ideea ,ok rewards , for an event but complete screw up because of the players.
    hope things will change and be good at the launch of the mod . for sure there will be some bugs ,hope minors .

• zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Not sure if this is a BUG or not, but when you are scaled down in a lower level area, it does not let you join REQ if your new IL has dropped below the threshold. If possible, please make this work off of your true IL so we have a healthy Queue population and so players don't hesitate to help out lower level players.

On the other hand, how good it will be for beginners. Enchants do not give anything and are no longer needed, the legendary mounts also give nothing more and are no longer needed. Signs in horses are needed only to activate the bonuses, because by themselves almost nothing is given. Oh yeah, bonuses, too, give almost nothing, so the signs are not needed. Thanks to the developers for saving my nerves, time and money.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    warravana said:

On the other hand, how good it will be for beginners.

It looks like that's a part of the design. Make the game more appealing to brand-new players who play for a few months and spend a bit of $$$. With character progression through playing made almost irrelvant, it is now much easier to reach "end-game", just by spending a bit.

I am sure this is actually appealing to a number of people. No need to actually spend months building up your character, learning how to play it effectively and figuring out the best build.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • meanrage1meanrage1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Currently on mod 15 you can build your character around you play style, When mod 16 drops all the characters will be the same, so you are forced to adapt your play style to the character and to bad for you if you can't adapt as far as Cryptic is concerned. I for one prefer to build my character to fit my play style than be forced into a play style decided by somebody else whom know nothing about me.
    edited April 2019
    adinosii said:

warravana said:

On the other hand, how good it will be for beginners.

It looks like that's a part of the design. Make the game more appealing to brand-new players who play for a few months and spend a bit of $$$. With character progression through playing made almost irrelvant, it is now much easier to reach "end-game", just by spending a bit.

I am sure this is actually appealing to a number of people. No need to actually spend months building up your character, learning how to play it effectively and figuring out the best build.
    By the way, yes. The boons campaignes now also do not need to be done either, because they are also useless.

• minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Anybody else see what they've done to the mounts for April 1 as a metaphor for what they've done to the rest of the game in mod 16 ?
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User

Anybody else see what they've done to the mounts for April 1 as a metaphor for what they've done to the rest of the game in mod 16 ?

Do you mean trying to buck my wooden horse?

Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    The bound to account enchants/runestones from the exchange make sense from a corporate view. Means, when we leave/take a break we can't pass our enchants to newer players. So, I'm going to minimize my use of the exchange for obvious reasons. Instead I figure, I'll swap with guild members and allies for some things that I would have used the exchange for.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

The bound to account enchants/runestones from the exchange make sense from a corporate view. Means, when we leave/take a break we can't pass our enchants to newer players. So, I'm going to minimize my use of the exchange for obvious reasons. Instead I figure, I'll swap with guild members and allies for some things that I would have used the exchange for.

Did they change that? I thought the box was bound but the enchantment inside was unbound. If they changed that they are really trying to pull a fast one on long time players. Not good IMO.

I would agree with that if the mechanics and the rules of the game did not change like the mood of a windy girl. Today, my character needs vampirism, and tomorrow it is useless and I already need a critical chance. What kind of transfer of enchants to friends can we talk about if I myself need to renew them and buy others because of the regular change of rules?
  • skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    <font color=red> I've had an issue with 2 different toons that I've leveled up on the preview server: some bags (celestial bags from invoking for example) will give an error: "You already have all items from this pack." The first time I encountered it, I discarded it. The second time I held onto it until around level 35 and it actually opened and gave a peridot. I tried at various level ups along the way with no success. The other bag that gave this issue was the bag bought with bounty currency (blackdagger for this specific instance) that awards an "unidentified" piece of equipment (to test the recent no identify scroll change)

Some of the adventurer leveling up crates still award identify scrolls.

Bondings of the same rank still stack and can't be equipped unless you can differentiate (refine) the stones to be different ranks </font>
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    warravana said:

And in the end it will be that tanks and heals will not needed DD :)

True.
  • fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User

About the powers removed : some of them where never use at all ,and where there more from decoration . they removed the choices that nobody never made or use .the 2 paragon path right now on preview I can say that are 1 multi target and the other is single target focus .

Not So Fast would like a word.
  • jelara1jelara1 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Started doing the campaign with a newly transferred level 70. Was 71 by the time she got to the first expedition (may have killed a few extra mob packs while experimenting with my powers but not a lot).

Why is the first expedition zone in the campaign progress doing level scaling for a level 71 character?

That seems right on target for this part of the campaign. Maybe expect a range of about +/- 3 levels around a campaign zone.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

Did they change that? I thought the box was bound but the enchantment inside was unbound. If they changed that they are really trying to pull a fast one on long time players. Not good IMO.

Since Friday, using the enchant exchanger causes the resulting enchant to be Bound To Account.

There is nothing in the patch notes to indicate whether this was intended or not (no patch notes at all, in fact) and no developer (or @nitocris83 ) has commented to say whether the change from unbound to bound was intended or not.

So we don't know *what* is going on, beyond that it's been unbound all through preview so far, and now it's not. We don't know if this was a mistake, a deliberate change, or if the unbound state from before was the mistake.
  • wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    kopros666 said:

nisckis said:

After this week patch, the exchange vendor gives enchants, runestones, weapon and armor enchants Bound to Account
    this kills the purpose of the exchange vendor itself, it was supposed to be a help for user after everything ingame has changed. With this change it's a severe punishment to anyone who uses it because that enchanment will be stuck to you forever, so the only real alternative is passing days or weeks trying to exchange enchants.
    For the runestones is even worse because with the M16 changes and this Bound to Account exchange, the only way is building 6 new runestones from scratch so if it's needed in a future we can exchange them with other players.

In conclusion, I do hope this change is a bug and it gets fixed before reaching live, because if it's working as intended this needs to be clearly stated ingame with red bold letters and also in the game web announcements (blog).

This is very serious! I do hope it was not intended. The lack of patch notes this week makes me wonder for the opposite scenario though.
    There were some vocal advocates for this change from console world. So this is intentional. They claimed that unless this is done "the console market will broken". Devs decided to listen to them instead to their opponents like me and some others.
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    With a bound enchant exchange we will loose any future min/max potential going forward from newer mod gear, stat changes, multi role classes with 2x enchant sets, etc. Absolutely crazy to have bound enchants become potentially useless requiring all new enchants to replace. Complete money grab scenario.

Enchant market is already broken in live console. R14 enchants are less than 3 coa wards value at this time.