test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: Refinement

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @aday#3795 said:
    > Will exchanging enchants result in a binding status change? Ie: will unbound enchant become BtA or BtC when exchanged?
    >
    > Any word on this? Not sure yet whether exchanging enchantments will make them bound or not when m16 goes live...

Unless it changed within the last week, the box you receive from the exchange is BtA but when you open it, the enchantments and runestones are unbound.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User

akemnos said:

is there really a difference? I capped open world with level 70 gear. getting the rest in 10 levels of gear will not be a problem at all.

With your level 70 gear you have 49,000 points in deflection and 29,000 points in awareness?...plus the others are capped too? I doubt that is possible. With level 80 gear, I'm still not capped for the 24,000 difficulty yet. For the dungeon to be capped you need an additional 64,000 stat points beyond. Furthermore, to climb from 90% Combat Awareness to the 100% cap would be entirely wasteful unless you first dump a large amount of stat increase toward Health and Power.
    Actually I could care less about deflection. I main a TR so I am only really concerned with my offensive stats. with my current gear on live I have the following.

40k arm pen
    46484 crit
    >24k accuracy (don't remember the exact number I had)

looking at the 32k for mad mage I am still capped on arm pen, crit is at ~34% and even the lowest accuracy I could have (24k) only gives them a 16% deflect.

Getting the rest of those stats will be trivial leaving me only to worry about increasing CA and power for offensive stats. Defense stats would not be capped but I would never expect a DPS class to cap those.
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Is the 0.01% DR per stack of negation right? That's a brutally low number.
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    Tenebrous enchantment activation chance doesn't stack and it's always 8% Tested with R14 and R15.
    Damage done is correct and in accordance with best Tenebrous equipped.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User

The antiquities dealer in Protectors Enclave is trading single-stat enchantments for single-stat option packs. When opened, however, the single-stat enchantment packs contain the triple-stat enchantment set to select from..

This is a good thing. This is to protect the investment of players who would have otherwise had to go out and get enchatments. Triple stat enchants will be the best to use in the next mod since you get more stats on them. The only question is what enchants to get to fill out the stats you need. The only people who are losing out are some speculators who purchased enchantments in bulk and pushed some prices beyond where they should be at. We shouldn't reward the speculators who mess with the auction house.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited March 2019

The antiquities dealer in Protectors Enclave is trading single-stat enchantments for single-stat option packs. When opened, however, the single-stat enchantment packs contain the triple-stat enchantment set to select from..

This is a good thing. This is to protect the investment of players who would have otherwise had to go out and get enchatments. Triple stat enchants will be the best to use in the next mod since you get more stats on them. The only question is what enchants to get to fill out the stats you need. The only people who are losing out are some speculators who purchased enchantments in bulk and pushed some prices beyond where they should be at. We shouldn't reward the speculators who mess with the auction house.
    if i need only power for me is not best to use triple stat enchant but the radiant.A Black ice would give me 720 power while a radiant will give me 1200 power.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User

if i need only power for me is not best to use triple stat enchant but the radiant.A Black ice would give me 720 power while a radiant will give me 1200 power.
    If what I have heard is true and some monsters self buff themselves over the 32k mark that means that you will have to choose which stats you need to cap since you won't be able to cap them all and just go into power.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    > @zimxero#8085 said:
    > The antiquities dealer in Protectors Enclave is trading single-stat enchantments for single-stat option packs. When opened, however, the single-stat enchantment packs contain the triple-stat enchantment set to select from..

<font color="red">This only happens with the Rank 14 Single Stat Exchange box.</font>

Unless something has changed with the last patch and newly acquired exchange boxes. I have Rank 1-15 Single Stat Exchange boxes I picked up shortly after preview released and only 14 was affected and is still having the issue after the last patch.
    Post edited by mdarkangel#4696 on
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

If what I have heard is true and some monsters self buff themselves over the 32k mark that means that you will have to choose which stats you need to cap since you won't be able to cap them all and just go into power.

for now( you never know if change) i have with radiants those stats
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    Are artifacts & artifact weapons no longer double refinement? The in-game tool tips have changed on some of them, but not others.
    Can't refine without ward for artifact weapon. Let's get real, 90% with the risk of 7 green enchanting stones/or 7 green marks doesn't rate using a pres. ward.
  • nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    Chiming in to say that I would also appreciate a response regarding an option to swap multi-stat enchantments for single stat enchantments. You’re switching everything up under our feet, it would be one of the fair things to do.
  • aday#3795 aday Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    pitshade said:

> @aday#3795 said:

> Will exchanging enchants result in a binding status change? Ie: will unbound enchant become BtA or BtC when exchanged?

>

> Any word on this? Not sure yet whether exchanging enchantments will make them bound or not when m16 goes live...

Unless it changed within the last week, the box you receive from the exchange is BtA but when you open it, the enchantments and runestones are unbound.

So they changed it now, and enchantments exchanged are BtA now... Sweet. :'(

It would be nice if we have an official word on this matter, whether this will stay, or it will be switched back to no-bound enchantments (which I doubt, but hey...).

Many people are still waiting on this so they know what to do with their current enchantments - sell them now or soon before mod 16 is live; or else stick to them and exchange them if they turn out not to be bound.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 Can we get confirmation on whether the change to enchants from the exchange being BtA was intentional or not?
  • fuzzmeisterjfuzzmeisterj Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    The single stat trading for 3 stat might be good in some cases, but we have utility slots and some other things to worry about, so it does more harm than good.

Are they going to fix the anniversary and heart of fire enchants from not going past 14?

The single stat trading for 3 stat might be good in some cases, but we have utility slots and some other things to worry about, so it does more harm than good.

Are they going to fix the anniversary and heart of fire enchants from not going past 14?

My guess is those two are WAI.
  • kingleo#8110 kingleo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 Can we get confirmation on whether the change to enchants from the exchange being BtA was intentional or not?

Please i want to know too, thanks
  • fra7santofra7santo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I don't know if yet reported but: heart of fire enchant and Anniversary gifted enchant can't be upgraded to level 15
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    All enchantments and runestones from the choice packs are now bound to account on pickup.

If this is intended please remove the exchange system altogether cause it would only be one big scam.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

Are artifacts & artifact weapons no longer double refinement? The in-game tool tips have changed on some of them, but not others.

They haven't been double-refinement since.... Mod13B? Mod14? a VERY long time ago.
  • douglasopferbeckdouglasopferbeck Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    > @artifleur said:
    > All enchantments and runestones from the choice packs are now bound to account on pickup.
    >
    > If this is intended please remove the exchange system altogether cause it would only be one big scam.

Ummm....no, it still gives ability to change out enchantments for personal use if you so desire. The reason they bound them is to prevent profiteering. If you don’t want to use the service, then don’t. It is still desirable to many...
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User

> @artifleur said:

> All enchantments and runestones from the choice packs are now bound to account on pickup.

>

> If this is intended please remove the exchange system altogether cause it would only be one big scam.

Ummm....no, it still gives ability to change out enchantments for personal use if you so desire. The reason they bound them is to prevent profiteering. If you don’t want to use the service, then don’t. It is still desirable to many...

True that. i really don't care about it, since I can use those enchants on alts. As long they are account-bound, I really don't care.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.

> @artifleur said:

>

Nothing wrong with a bit of profiteering. Adds liquidity to the markets.
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Well, not a fan of bound exchanged enchants myself. With 4 maxed self sufficient toons plus alts, they total way too many enchants to be bound with total stat system rework dropped on us.This requires a complete rework of enchants on DC and OP class not to mention companions.

Besides, all enchants require same cost in rp, marks, etc. to rank up. Does the "profiteering" concern really matter?
    Post edited by mongol69 on
    also, bind to account, means you can't pass them on to new players.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    mongol69 said:

Well, not a fan of bound exchanged enchants myself. With 4 maxed self sufficient toons plus alts, they total way too many enchants to be bound with total stat system rework dropped on us.This requires a complete rework of enchants on DC and OP class not to mention companions.

Besides, all enchants require same cost in rp, marks, etc. to rank up. Does the "profiteering" concern really matter?

The upgrade cost is the same but the original enchantment cost/rarity differs. Otherwise, the price of all type of the enchantment in AH should more or less be the same. Some are sold below upgrade cost.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Ah cost on enchants is extemely deflated at this point. R14 enchants value is less than 3 coa wards. I don't care about selling enchants and prefer to use them, but have liquidation options for whatever resources needed or swap out for min/maxing toons.

They could drop a new stat change again or update to "fix" issues at anytime after going live. If that's the case, it would be an absolute money grab, any incentive to continue upgrading enchants is completely gone.
    Post edited by mongol69 on