test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shadow dragon killed, can't progress

silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
After today's patch, I was finally able to enter the room and fight the shadow dragon. Upon his death, the quest location marker was apparently inside the structure but I could not enter from any direction.
I aim to misbehave

Comments

• gestrisagestrisa Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Same here.
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Previously I completed this before the bug preventing entry into the lair. At that time i spent 10 minutes using the amulet and eventually found the hot spot and finished the quest. That wasn't great but now it is impossible to finish.
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    Same here. Kinda disappointing to say the least. But it is preview and you take what you can get I guess. There is much to be done on their end yet.
    Cryptic, this is your sink or swim moment, this whole module is. As a day one player I've seen the changes and welcomed them, and I sorta welcome these changes....if they worked I would be more welcoming.
    There is nothing more dissatisfying than killing Keresta and company, then entering the Shadowdragons Lair only to not be able to complete the quest because of........some stupid oversight on someones part.

But as I said, it's preview, one cannot expect that everything will work as expected.
    CRACK! gulp gulp ahh! Here's to hoping you get it right.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • keziah#5074 keziah Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Finally got the vampire to quit bugging out and killed the shadow dragon only to not be able to get amulet to update. Ran quest a second time this time with no companions out for the dragon fight and somehow the amulet worked afterwards. Might be a coincidence might not. But at least it did finally work
  • oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    We had the same problem. We failed several times but then realized that you are not supposed to Kill the dragon at all.

Pull the Dragon to the Moonbeams, use the amulet, dodge the red, rinse and repeat till the quest completes. Depending on your game volume and settings you may not hear Celeste telling you the mechanics.

Do not DPS the dragon and just let the Moonbeam and amulet do it for you. Unsummon your companions because they can also kill it too fast. It worked for us, I hope it works for you.
    We also found that it still works when you dps him down a little and then drag him to moonbeams, but the problem is doing too much damage and him dying. The point of this quest is not to kill him. So the best way to make sure you don't kill him is just to use the amulet and moonbeam. We also dismissed our companions because they were doing too much damage to him.
    edited March 2019
    We were able to go back and do this again tonight. We killed it too fast the first time, but got it done the second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGcPPNwhz6w

Post edited by oremonger#9999 on
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Thanks all. I'll run my fighter thru it again this evening. My OP is having a tough time with the vamp boss so may have to rethink my power choices.
    I aim to misbehave
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

We were able to go back and do this again tonight. We killed it too fast the first time, but got it done the second.

Please tell me that boss fight isn't as boring as it looked. I'm all for some type of mechanics but 8-9 minutes of just dragging a boss into lightbeams...that's not exactly riveting gameplay.
    edited March 2019
    @ecrana#2080 You are right, it is boring and irritating. Great idea poor execution.

I think the problem is that the Dragon dies if you DPS it down too quickly and miss the protected green hp bar. The green protected HP bar flashes so fast that if your amulet is on cool down you miss it and the dragon dies. You are damned if you do or don't depending on exactly when you use the Amulet at the end of the fight. If you listen to the prompts from Celeste you often use it too early and end up missing the correct time because it is then on cool down. I have had several people tell me that they never even saw a green hp bar.

As it is now we unsummon pets and only one person does dps with only at-wills and even then we often fail because the amulet is on cool down.

I think this could be fixed in three ways.
    1)Extend the amount of time the "green" hp bar is displayed make sure it is longer than the Amulet cool down.
    2)Remove to cool down from the Amulet.
    3)Make the dragon immune to damage or self heal once the green hp bar shows up. At that point the Amulet should be the only way to finish the fight.

The display of the green hp bar on the dragon expires way too fast and he is not immune to damage during this time which causes him to die.

The amulet cool down is way to long and the prompt often tells you to use it right before the green hp bar appears, leaving you unable to use it seconds later when you really need to.

There is no message to tell you that you failed and why you failed. You are left there thinking you need to use the amulet on the dead body of the dragon. (You have no idea how many times I have seen people try this over and over until I convince them we need to leave and reset the whole dungeon.)

There is no way out of the instance if you fail. If you /defeat me you will spawn right outside of the area but the dragon will still be dead and you will have no idea how to proceed.

Either way you are right, the mechanic is cool but it is tedious and most players will run in and kill the dragon before they hear Celeste telling them to pull it to a moonbeam and use the amulet.

I have done this quest about 15 times now and only get it right every 3rd or so try. The pisser is that if you kill the dragon you get no fail message and you are locked into the instance. The only way out is to use a teleport scroll to PE and then log all the way out of the game.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

@ecrana#2080 You are right, it is boring and irritating. Great idea poor execution.

I think the problem is that the Dragon dies if you DPS it down too quickly and miss the protected green hp bar. The green protected HP bar flashes so fast that if your amulet is on cool down you miss it and the dragon dies. You are damned if you do or don't depending on exactly when you use the Amulet at the end of the fight. If you listen to the prompts from Celeste you often use it too early and end up missing the correct time because it is then on cool down. I have had several people tell me that they never even saw a green hp bar.

As it is now we unsummon pets and only one person does dps with only at-wills and even then we often fail because the amulet is on cool down.

I think this could be fixed in three ways.
    1)Extend the amount of time the "green" hp bar is displayed make sure it is longer than the Amulet cool down.
    2)Remove to cool down from the Amulet.
    3)Make the dragon immune to damage or self heal once the green hp bar shows up. At that point the Amulet should be the only way to finish the fight.

The display of the green hp bar on the dragon expires way too fast and he is not immune to damage during this time which causes him to die.

The amulet cool down is way to long and the prompt often tells you to use it right before the green hp bar appears, leaving you unable to use it seconds later when you really need to.

There is no message to tell you that you failed and why you failed. You are left there thinking you need to use the amulet on the dead body of the dragon. (You have no idea how many times I have seen people try this over and over until I convince them we need to leave and reset the whole dungeon.)

There is no way out of the instance if you fail. If you /defeat me you will spawn right outside of the area but the dragon will still be dead and you will have no idea how to proceed.

Either way you are right, the mechanic is cool but it is tedious and most players will run in and kill the dragon before they hear Celeste telling them to pull it to a moonbeam and use the amulet.

I have done this quest about 15 times now and only get it right every 3rd or so try. The pisser is that if you kill the dragon you get no fail message and you are locked into the instance. The only way out is to use a teleport scroll to PE and then log all the way out of the game.

I didnt knew i could use the amulet on him alive !
    I did passed this quest 3 times solo as Ranger and Barbarian (first preview week) and as Fighter (3 days ago) always using the amulet after i beated the dragon, but only worked when he fell at the moonbean spot...

gonna try the amulet on him alive tonight as CW ! (is hard to not kill him when the light fades becaus of Dot effects...)