test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: Rogue

Comments

• violencebf22violencebf22 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Smoke Bomb. Cast 0.5 Duration 6 cd 21.1s Is it possible to increase the duration of the action to at least 7-8 seconds? Well, too little effect. I have people from Asia Russia and Europe in the guild, and because of the simple ping we lose 0.5-1s.Or add the characteristic Strength of control that would extend the duration.
  • theothergaliusz#7671 theothergaliusz Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Is there any improvemenet?

It looks like the class is perfect and only one thing was fixed in patch. Nobody complains.
    Only 3 pages when other classes have 15-20.
    Or did people give up all hopes as a result of harsh treatment in MOD15?

Very short feedback is welcome or just agree or disagree with someone that already put comment.

I can only ADD that i Agree with the Stealth. I feel that it was our main mechanic that we could use: ATACKS that give 100% crit chance and additional bonus. Our core mechanic was also self-power-gain that was put into VOID.

The result is also visible to eye - we are getting close to lvl 80 villager class.

Regards!
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    It's more that people have given up. HAMSTER doesn't work and damage is bad. Synergy is non-existent. The core class mechanic does nothing. The theme, feel, and fun of a roguelike class have been flayed, gutted, hanged, and burned. Experience has taught that's what it's going to be. Feedback is neither welcome nor regarded. Why bother continuing to fight a battle we've already been losing for years, and this complete rewrite, the best chance to make it better, resulted in even worse? Even if they do bother fixing magnitudes and cooldowns so we aren't relegated to villagers, without a class mechanic that does something, anything useful but preferably roguey, why play it? It'll just be a not-as-good-barbie.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    As kythelion has said, most people have given up. only I am not 100% on the damage comment as other than the pitiful at will damage my main encounters seemed okay (I have personally done very little testing though). They have already posted what their thoughts are on the class and what they view is not working and unlike the other class threads that have 15-20 pages we don't have any devs giving us any type of return feedback. it has been 19 days since anybody from Cryptic has bothered to post anything here. Why continue to post in a thread when for all intents an purposes it looks like the devs don't care what we say or are ignoring us?
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 @asterdahl

Could you or other devs explain to us why those changes? Our class suffered a lot on past years and this so called "rework and balance" could bring us to glory alongside other dps classes.

My main class in any game I played was always rogue-like, thiefs, assassins and similars, but now you are making us abandon the rogue and change to another class without any explanation.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • elwing#6559 elwing Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    @trgluestickz

Thank you for your great review of the changes for the rogue class!
    I think you greatly pointed out that on one hand part of the changes are well done and follow a plan, but on the other hand some of the decisions don't fit with the overall idea of the class itself or its paths.

I couldn't agree more with your thoughts and think you offer a lot responsible approach to balance things out better. Especially the change of powers/feats between the two paths (like Dazing Strike for everybody, moving Shadow of Demise to Assassin) assist to distinguish the two paths more logical.

I'm looking forward to a developer feedback to this post, because for this mod the work with feedback is remarkable more productive than in the past mods. (Big “thumbs up” for this btw !)
    Ligula Trickfoot
    @trgluestickz

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, but its too damn long xD. Also thanks other people for explaining the situaction.

If feel like in the dev team there is no longer a person who can say NO to those changes that make class unpopular.
    Maybe just people involved are much greedy and make sure that this class wont beat their favorites ones and as result 'all the good ideas' are those that make this class being forgotten. I dont if its true or not. I'm guessing because we lack communication with them.
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    @trgluestickz your posts explain more completely and eloquently that I could ever hope to. Thanks!
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Critically Important Bug: ITC currently has a very powerful bug with it that allows you to get your daily back in roughly 10 seconds. If you activate this power in combat and then dodge before it takes effect, you gain this power's action points without it going on cooldown. You can dodge repeatedly to completely fill your AP gage way faster than intended. This bug has already gotten the attention of several rogue players in PVP and is likely to see widespread abuse in mod 16. Please patch this ASAP!

Update On The Impossible to Catch/AP Gain Bug:

I just checked the impossible to catch/AP gain bug again to make sure its still there this week; it appears it got a fix attempt last preview patch but didn't get announced in the patch notes. This fix did make it much harder to exploit but it still occationally occurs. I don't think it will be as appealing to try and abuse but I'll get back to you if someone finds a way to use it again.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    UPDATE TO MY UPDATE: Spoke too soon, it just occurred to me to check using double tap to dodge instead of shift to dodge, Impossible to Catch/AP gain bug still works when used with double tap. Still needs to be fixed.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Shady preparations needs to go in assasin paragon (wka~was known as) Master Infliltrator. I don't understand why everything is messed up?! The feats, powers, and perhaps some encounters are switched. At least of what I've seen from preview gameplay videos. I'm not sure if Lurkers Assault is supposed to be in Whisperstrike? Does mod 15 Rogue have Lurkers Assault in both paragons? All I know Master Infliltrator has Lurkers Assault and personally I'm not happy that's in Whisperstrike! A lot of people aren't happy about it, so please correct these things! Do I really need to show my setup on Rogue? It's because for some reason a lot of people, including me feel like we are being forced to play a different paragon. Please understand we want to play the same as mod 15, but with slight improvements for better balance. Thank you.
    Post edited by mwk on
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Unfortunately, what you do in M15 has little to do what you will do in M16. Many things are different, and likely going to stay that way.
  • jelara1jelara1 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    I’m growing very concerned that the dev teams consider the rogue class to be ‘done’, as in ready to ship/go live. We have seen only very very few changes with the last 3 patches, primarily fixing bugs. And no communication here. Compare to other classes where there was a lot more discussion between devs and the community, and have been continuously been seeing improvements with each patch. I see a lot of community comments (and I agree) to the effect one rogue paragon needs a complete rework, and the other still needs some work particularly in feats.
  • kors#9447 kors Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    1) Encounters really need a cooldown decrease;
    2) AoE encounters need a damage boost as for at-will powers;
    3) Make stealth useful. At the current state it is useless!
  • kors#9447 kors Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Please @noworries#8859 read what @trgluestickz wrote about Rogue. And, please again, reply to our feedbacks. It looks like you don't care.

Thanks
  • mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Please correct the Feats, Daily Powers, Encounters! Put them in the right paragon! Otherwise the game connections won't work effectively! We want to play the same! I used smoke bomb, lashing blade, impact shot (Encounters). (Daily Powers) Whirlwind Of Blades and Lurkers Assault. (At-Wills) Duelist Flurry and Cloud Of Steel.

Shady Preparations Feat was in Master Infiltrator, which is in Whisperstrike now. Master Infiltrator is now called Assassin, that's cool and fine, but a lot is put in the the wrong spots and has no connection! A lot of the classes need to be looked over carefully and setup correct!

Even some new feats don't make any sense for connection! Some do help because of the lost of recovery, however so far Mod 16 is a mess! Just what I see is making me upset.
    Post edited by mwk on
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

The absence of the developer @noworries#8859 in this discussion can mean two things:
    1- Everything is changing (unlikely)
    2- The developer is not interested in the Rouge (very likely)

Yet this discussion is not offensive or disrespectful, there are many clear and specific feedbacks, then I ask myself:
    - Why is there no dev participation as on other class posts?
    - Why in the Preview the other classes change a lot, instead the rogue from the launch has changed little or nothing?
    - Why don't they realize that the TRs have disappeared? A clear proof is that in this discussion there are 4 pages, in the other classes there are 15/20 pages.

Despite my questions, I trust @noworries#8859, I am sure that it will give new life to a dead class.

(sorry my english but i'm an italian player)

Your English is better than most people I work with... who are all English...

Everything IS Changing...
    Check out the Stats and Mechanics thread for details.
    Tomorrow's patch on Preview will effectively press a reset button, and everything will need to be measured against the new standards of Opposing Stat mechanic, and all combat will need to be measured against the new Enc/Daily Damage vs new Monster Hit Points.

(At Will damage is remaining the same, Enc and Daily damage is being reduced, and Monster Hit Points are being reduced by 30%. this will make At Wills a LOT more effective.)
    More experience rogue already noticed it. There is a game-breaking bug with TR, but nobody is reporting it, probably because there will be no response and "Thank you for your hard work". Other reason is the bug make the game more playable/enjoyable for rogue. (Making the Rogue At the top of the food chain). That probably a good thing, but it won't probably last long, but it has potential to last until the next MOD 17 :). DEV should not waste time investigating it and focus on the other systems that request more focus.