test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL M16: Rewards

Comments

• soythesauce#5192 soythesauce Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    wanted to point out that main and off hand artifactpowers are still the old ones.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Right now, with random queues the reward of RAD is worth runnimg RIQ and RAQ because as a high toon the time spent to reward ratio is ok.

With auto-scaling if the reward is not worth time spent, people will stop using those queues and find best.reward to time ratio. This will dry up the random queue for lower level toons and cause other problrms as well.

In short if reward isnt worth tome soent, you wont get people to go back and run old content, thereby hurting your new players.

Hi Darkheart! Thanks the feedback, and what you say is absolutely correct.

As you can guess, we introduced the random leveling queue to prevent those queues from being underpopulated, so we will absolutely be making adjustments if we see the leveling queue drying up. Because the leveling queue is still a very reliable way to make AD, we don't believe it will dry up very much, even if it is slowed down a bit.

We do believe that it may no longer be the first and often only random queue some players run, which ultimately we feel is an improvement, we'd like endgame players to run queues that are more appropriate for their level, and provide more of an entertaining challenge first for their daily rewards, and then run the leveling queue if they have time left.

Ultimately, we believe plenty of players still will have time left, enough to keep those queues firing, but again, if not, we'll definitely make the needed adjustments, and quickly.
    I feel like the fundamental error in the thinking is making AD generation tied to random group content to begin with, but I guess MMOs are gonna MMO.

I've always preferred to just do the campaign weeklies that give RAD, but they give so much less RAD per week that even when I'm running content I'm leaving money on the table.

Which I guess is fine for now-I'm raking it in hand over fist just with professions. Not that THAT'LL stick once mod 16 hits.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Please create a special "bag" for coupons

After invoking, when I get a coupon i throw it away immediately without reading it. I need inventory space. If coupons had a bag or zone, I might actually read them. Then, maybe I'd actually use one once a year or so. I know the game runs on money. I've supported that on the order of thousands of dollars. It's obnoxious to have a coupon thrown into inventory though. I've not used one yet.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User

After invoking, when I get a coupon i throw it away immediately without reading it. I need inventory space. If coupons had a bag or zone, I might actually read them. Then, maybe I'd actually use one once a year or so. I know the game runs on money. I've supported that on the order of thousands of dollars. It's obnoxious to have a coupon thrown into inventory though. I've not used one yet.

It takes 2 seconds to read a coupon. Maybe.

The time it takes to read the coupon now is the exact same amount of time that it would take if you had a bag to store it in.

They do not need to introduce a special coupon bag for a thing that takes 2 seconds to read and that will go away on its own after 30 minutes.

The time it takes to read the coupon now is the exact same amount of time that it would take if you had a bag to store it in.

They do not need to introduce a special coupon bag for a thing that takes 2 seconds to read and that will go away on its own after 30 minutes.

My experience is as follows:

I'll store a bunch of refining bags, and then open them all at once. Or, as I run out of inventory space and I'm managing professions on my toons, I'll be all like "I need 10 more inventory slots so I'll open 10 bags." But then OOPS random (useless) coupons are in 1/2 of them. So I need to open 10 more. That's annoying. BUT

The last thing in the world this game needs to be doing right now is incentivizing people to sign in, invoke, change character, invoke, etc.

So, no bag for coupons. Making my job easier just means incentivizing behavior that does nothing but add additional load on the server as people log in out just for coupons to play the zen market. The game should encourage the ability to play multiple characters, but not encourage simple *having* multiple characters, and adding a coupon bag would do just that.
    edited March 2019

I'll store a bunch of refining bags, and then open them all at once. Or, as I run out of inventory space and I'm managing professions on my toons, I'll be all like "I need 10 more inventory slots so I'll open 10 bags." But then OOPS random (useless) coupons are in 1/2 of them. So I need to open 10 more. That's annoying. BUT

The last thing in the world this game needs to be doing right now is incentivizing people to sign in, invoke, change character, invoke, etc.

So, no bag for coupons. Making my job easier just means incentivizing behavior that does nothing but add additional load on the server as people log in out just for coupons to play the zen market. The game should encourage the ability to play multiple characters, but not encourage simple *having* multiple characters, and adding a coupon bag would do just that.
    I have three characters. I log one daily, one about weekly, and the other one not since the day i created it. Not sure how a bag or spot that holds & hilights coupons encourages multi-account abuse.

IMO, every un-needed click and mouse movement makes a game less enjoyable, wastes time, wastes money, contributes to peripheral and human deterioration. Guess i could just let them fade away after an hour.

I have three characters. I log one daily, one about weekly, and the other one not since the day i created it. Not sure how a bag or spot that holds & hilights coupons only encourages multi-account abuse.
    It makes it marginally easier to do the storing refining bags to open them for coupons to buy wards on the AH and sell at a discount strategy that I just outlined.

Granted, it's a very very small thing. But my point is, the way in which it would personally benefit *me* is a way in which I acknowledge is bad for the game. That's the only point I was trying to make.

Alternate solution: remove coupons from refining bags.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    I suppose this is the right place to post this but:

In collections all of the Armor of the Dungeon Raider set says its Zen Market, but the general description in the entry says "Trade Bars".

Currently none of this equipment or the Mountain Weapons are available from the Trade Bar merchant in PE.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.

In collections all of the Armor of the Dungeon Raider set says its Zen Market, but the general description in the entry says "Trade Bars".

Currently none of this equipment or the Mountain Weapons are available from the Trade Bar merchant in PE.

?

Last I checked, the new mountain weapons were available for Trade Bars. That was for a CW. Been a while since I checked.

?

Last I checked, the new mountain weapons were available for Trade Bars. That was for a CW. Been a while since I checked.
    Did you check after the patch?
    Because yes they were available before the patch, but not after it on Wiz or Pal (I checked Wiz as well to see if it was just a Pal problem).

Obsidian Oath - Warlock

Wretched Cowl and Cowl of the Blackened Jaw have their level requirements swapped. The stronger one is Level 78, the weaker one is level 79.

edited March 2019

The companion changes are great. the Undermountain Module is good. I think the paragon system is good. I don't like the implementation of the stat system, but i can certainly live with it. There are a million bugs... but those can get fixed. The one thing that is breaking this "game" now, is the inability to distribute our stat points.

By the end of undermountain, our default gear gives us 20,000 points in every stat. The bonus stats are fixed by gear type, so no variation there. Our only "character" points come from our enchantments, runeslots, and mount. So, in total, we have about 20,000 points that "WE", the players, get to allocate. This is HAMSTER. We are all gonna be the same. I dont even know if a CW could get to 60,000 ponts in defense using every single trick available to them, and if they did, they would have nothing extra in any other stat. Please look at this character balance problem in the current equipment stat allocation system. Without flexibility, we are not really characters at all. You guys are missing the boat on this issue entirely... it will demoralize the player base.

Related to this core issue, the only stats that matter end-game are Critical Hit/severity, Defense, Deflect, and Combat Advantage. The power stat is very high, which causes minimal percent gains if players invest in it. Its now a "trap stat". All of the weapon/armor enchantments & runes & consumables & companions & boons that are giving bonuses to anti-stats are junk, because you are giving them to players automatically via the "Combined Stats" gear boost. All excess points are wasted, and do not have value.

Post edited by zimxero#8085 on
  • marekarawn#9701 marekarawn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    FEEDBACK: Undermountain Campaign - the 1 GP reward (Woohoo! a WHOLE gold piece!!!) for completing Into the Catacombs seems a little lame. Given that the Gear Vendor asks for AD, why not give AD as rewards for certain levels? The only place I've ever spend gold (really) is changing Enchantments on gear.

FEEDBACK: Undermountain Campaign - the 1 GP reward (Woohoo! a WHOLE gold piece!!!) for completing Into the Catacombs seems a little lame. Given that the Gear Vendor asks for AD, why not give AD as rewards for certain levels? The only place I've ever spend gold (really) is changing Enchantments on gear.

Alternatively, make it 100 gold! Real adventurer tier rewards!
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Not sure if this belongs here as it deals with the Exchange Vendor not an actual reward.

How is the Power Point exchange supposed to work?

On preview I had an unopened 10 pack of Power Points, the Vendor didn't recognize them. I opened the pack and claimed them, and the Vendor still did not recognize my 10 unused Power Points.

While I'm here, I posted the following in the General thread but will post here as well since it also deals with the Exchange Vendor.

BUG: Rank 14 Single Stat Exchange pack provides Rank 14 Triple Stat Enchantments
    edited March 2019

In the trade box for Blue Leech Insignia exchange, there are no "Initiative", "Gond", or "Brutality" insignias available. Also, the Enlightened Insignia of Mastery tooltip shows that it gives +1 accuracy (should be 280 accuracy).

• fuzzmeisterjfuzzmeisterj Member Posts: 55 Arc User

In the trade box for Blue Leech Insignia exchange, there are no "Initiative", "Gond", or "Brutality" insignias available. Also, the Enlightened Insignia of Mastery tooltip shows that it gives +1 accuracy (should be 280 accuracy).

Zen market ones are not on there and I'm pretty sure gond isn't higher than green. Fortitude is the third zen one.
    edited March 2019
    Nevermind.
    Post edited by obsidiancran3 on
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • theothergaliusz#7671 theothergaliusz Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Zen market ones are not on there and I'm pretty sure gond isn't higher than green. Fortitude is the third zen one.

I dont think that Green and blue insygnia from ZEN market exist? so you can't upgrade them to legendary rank?
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    Add in a vendor in the SH where you can trade Guild Marks for Mount Insignias, something like 7.5k for any one green insignia of your choice, and 15k for any blue insignia of your choice.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

Please revisit the Guild gear. It’s not just several modules behind, it’s now entire levels behind. This would be a nice addition for guilds with the change.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    bobo#5090 said:

I have three characters. I log one daily, one about weekly, and the other one not since the day i created it. Not sure how a bag or spot that holds & hilights coupons only encourages multi-account abuse.
    It makes it marginally easier to do the storing refining bags to open them for coupons to buy wards on the AH and sell at a discount strategy that I just outlined.

Granted, it's a very very small thing. But my point is, the way in which it would personally benefit *me* is a way in which I acknowledge is bad for the game. That's the only point I was trying to make.

Alternate solution: remove coupons from refining bags.
    An even betterer idea is to leave the coupons, and make the bags stackable to 99, or 999. I try to horde them for bonus refining stones/ when I have zen to spend. 99% of the time the coupons get tossed because I either don't need a comp, or mount, or "x", or I don't have zen to spend. If the bags were stackable that would be better.
    Well, if they get rid of the coupons, there's no real reason anyone shouldn't open their bags when they get them. After all, double refining stones from bags isn't a thing anymore.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2019

This is HAMSTER. We are all gonna be the same.

I think that is actually a part of the design. By making sure that two characters of the same class and similar IL have the same stats, same boons, same feats and use the same encounters, they become interchangable and it doesn't matter who you are playing with..

Who knows, maybe things are designed like this to cut down on "elitism" ?

Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
    adinosii said:

This is HAMSTER. We are all gonna be the same.

I think that is actually a part of the design. By making sure that two characters of the same class hand similar IL have the same stats, same boons, same feats and use the same encounters, they become interchangable and it doesn't matter who you are playing with..

Who knows, maybe things are designed like this to cut down on "elitism" ?

I find the problem to be an illusion.

Classes are different because of how they play, what they look like, the feelings they convey. Being similar in terms of damage output and overall functionality isn't a bug it's a feature. But since everyone's used to 30 rows of feats to mangle, it feels like an imposition. There's also the much more serious concern about whether different characters DO play differently.

But people are getting the core concern completely wrong. At least that's my viewpoint, I'm sure everyone will now glare angrily at me for telling them they're wrong and their concerns are silly.
    edited March 2019
    Here is a way to spice up the dungeon chests, keep Soul Ampules relevant, and provide a minimalist upgrade to legacy gear:

In Dungeon runs make these available (low chance) from the final chests:
    Greater Equipment Upgrade
    IL = 80
    useable on all gear slots except for Weapon, Offhand, Shirt, Pants, for equipment between 500 and 750 IL.
    replaces any existing reinforcement.
    Adds a combined rating of 200 to the piece.

In each campaign store add:
    Greater Weapon Upgrade
    Greater Offhand Upgrade

IL = 100
    useable on any non-crafted weapon and offhand between 500 and 1000 IL. Costs a LOT of campaign currency.
    The Weapon upgrade adds 2000 power. The offhand upgrade adds 8000 health.

In Chult, at where soulmonger ampules are exchanged add:
    Greater Garment Upgrade (cost = 1 soulmonger ampule)
    IL = 60
    Replace any existing Pant/Shirt 'reinforcement'. Can be used on ANY shirt/pants in the game.
    On shirt it adds 4800 health
    On pants it adds 1200 power

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Well, if they get rid of the coupons, there's no real reason anyone shouldn't open their bags when they get them. After all, double refining stones from bags isn't a thing anymore.

Yes, that event is still going to run. It's on the calendar for April IIRC. It just the new lockboxes and professions that don't double. Invoke bags and coffers, chest rewards, mob drops still double during the event.

ETA runs April 11 to April 15 on PC
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    pitshade said:

Yes, that event is still going to run. It's on the calendar for April IIRC. It just the new lockboxes and professions that don't double. Invoke bags and coffers, chest rewards, mob drops still double during the event.

ETA runs April 11 to April 15 on PC
    Was pretty sure they removed double stone drops for refinement packs a while ago, but I've been wrong before.
    edited March 2019
    So I was pondering Weapon sets and which would be the best for my Paladin and decided the Mountaineer set is probably the go to choice.

So I was curious how my defense looked with a 5% buff...oops...the set bonus doesn't work.

"When you are 25' or closer to your target, your Defense is increased by 5%. "

No increase at all.

"When you are farther than 25' from your target, your Power is increased by 5%".

Increased by 0.8% in SH.

Increased by slightly more in Vanrakdoom, less on the first mob in LotMM.

5% of my power is 4630, of my defense is 2648. Both of these are fairly significant number changes and should be readily visible, instead of the shift of 800 or so Power I get.

Further testing shows that a larger Power (only) boost can be gained by engaging more enemies. Pulling 3 mobs in Vanrakdoom gets me about 1500 boost, still far under the expected value.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock