test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

K-Team Weekly dungeon

For some of us who don't have 5 friends, we need to have a way to get in to the dungeon like you have to the leveling queues. There is no way I can participate.

Comments

• poisd2strike#7598 poisd2strike Member Posts: 77 Arc User

For some of us who don't have 5 friends, we need to have a way to get in to the dungeon like you have to the leveling queues. There is no way I can participate.

Doing the K-team with random people would be a very very bad idea. I recommend joining a Guild and running the K-team with other members from your Guild.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Pug. Most of the dungeons aren't that bad.
  • lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Or you can do what everyone else in your position does, beg for hours at a time in zone chat...

You CAN do a K team, but you refuse to make a group or find one. It’s just easier to complain on the forums.
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    > @lordnagy#1603 said:
    > Or you can do what everyone else in your position does, beg for hours at a time in zone chat...
    >
    > You CAN do a K team, but you refuse to make a group or find one. It’s just easier to complain on the forums.

I guess my question to you is how does the OP's request to have this in the queue system hurt you at all? I wouldn't consider it a complaint but a request that makes sense. The tales of old dungeon should also be available in queue when that pops up.

Now I'm not stating a random queue in group is going to complete a k-team run, but if people want to try and run it that way, let. How does it negatively affect you?
    No, it was a complaint. Because of a lack of friends he was complaining about not being able to do content. Serious, this is a MMO. Do not expect to be able to do everything without having some sort of network of friend/guildies/whatever as a way to get you through content.

If you open this up to the que system, you will have RAQ on steroids.

Spine up, make friends, hell join a guild, even a small one and this content will be readily available...as will Tales.
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    > @lordnagy#1603 said:
    > No, it was a complaint. Because of a lack of friends he was complaining about not being able to do content. Serious, this is a MMO. Do not expect to be able to do everything without having some sort of network of friend/guildies/whatever as a way to get you through content.
    >
    > If you open this up to the que system, you will have RAQ on steroids.
    >
    > Spine up, make friends, hell join a guild, even a small one and this content will be readily available...as will Tales.

You still didn't answer my basic question: how is this a negative effect to you? Putting this in a separate queue creates no issues for you.

Again I don't expect a random thrown together group to beat it, but if people want to try, hell go for it. It doesn't affect me or my game play in any way.
  • johnnyreklaw#1518 johnnyreklaw Member Posts: 114 Arc User

If you open this up to the que system, you will have RAQ on steroids.

How exactly? Don't put it in a random queue. Setup a separate queue list that doesn't tie into random queues. Its specialized dungeons, and its like Day of the Dungeon Master or other events. You auto-queue into a dungeon.

That being said, I think you'll find it easier to setup runs in public areas or find a quality guild/alliance. The largest issue with pugs right now is the "I gotta go fast" mentality. With the gear reductions, no one is immortal in content. You're much more likely in a random queue setup to get one person who bolts ahead and dies. When we run this, we talk as a group consistently about what we're doing, when we're buffing, and when to back off.

It certainly doesn't hurt to put it in queues, but its likely the people you'll want to compete with will be pre-grouping. Its always in your benefit to find an active guild with quality players.
    Sounds like you need a new guild. One that will actually run content and, you know, actually help it’s members...
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    bobo#5090 said:

Sounds like you need a new guild. One that will actually run content and, you know, actually help it’s members...

Yer a riot, every guild I've been in "runs content, and helps others". It's for this reason that I end up changing guilds once or twice per month, either I can't get anyone to give me a hand, or I donate, donate, donate, and never rank up or get a hand with quests from anyone.

If it wasn't for the guild boons, I wouldn't bother with guilds at all.

expectations of getting someone to run quests with you is probably always going to make you sad unless it's brand new content. with the way this game is set up running quests with others is pretty dependant on them being in the same exact place you are at. finding people to run content is another story. but just to point out the obvs. if you need help running quests then you're probably not ready for crl or k team. these require being geared properly and understanding mechanics and your own toons mechanics and how you synchronize with the rest of the team. quests shouldn't be difficult unless you're geared wrong, don't understand your toon or undergeared.

> @soulseeker#1880 said:
    > Sounds like you need a new guild. One that will actually run content and, you know, actually help it’s members...
    >
    > Lord sorry not everyone is perfect like you. It wont hurt anyone to add it to be a Q if you don't want to do then don't select it as a Q, don't sit here and tell him to find a new guild or find friends clearly you are the best in the game but we all cant be you...

But you can aspire soul seeker, you can aspire...

So what did your flippant comment have to do with him needing a guild that actually runs content with its members?

Nothing right....