test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: Barbarian Feedback

Comments

• bajancloakbajancloak Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    @asterdahl Again I ask if it possible to show us the stats on how much of the player base use encounters that most have identified as a waste. Eg. Mighty Leap and Not so fast. Granted everyone is different and what I may not find "fun" a lot of others may.
  • kopros666kopros666 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Blademaster: Encounter Bloodletter (paired with feat) does extremely high damage to you in some occasions and kills you instantly from full hp.

[Combat (Self)] Your Bloodletter deals 435339 (465748) Physical Damage to you.

I don't know if it's a bug but It's unusable at this point.

Post edited by kopros666 on
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Bloodletter/Bloodspiller healing/Dmg effect is effected by enchantment dmg in two different ways.
    Healing effect if Vorpal hits first

Healing effect if Bloodletter hits first

Dmg effect with Bloodspiller with WE's
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Not sure if this is known or intended, but my friend asked me to report for him as he does not have forum account.

Not So Fast will execute twice in a row if the button is pressed fast enough. However if he stops pressing it for a second during the first execution it will not activate a second time.
  • fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
    While I'm basically on-board with the change to the way our EHP is weighted, the reduction in total stamina would seem to create more pressure for abilities that restore stamina... Is that something you'd consider adding to any of our at-wills?

Could you add a 3rd feat option for all classes and tiers? Because sometimes the feat options you have built both affect powers a person doesn't want to use. So make a 3rd option for all feat tiers that is perhaps bland and less useful/powerful compared to the other 2 ,but would be useful for any build

I mean, that, or broaden the feats by either making them have an effect on more powers, or having a secondary, more universal effect if the focal power isn't slotted.
  • kopros666kopros666 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Relentless Slash At-Will doesn't perform its full animation when attacking multiple enemies and it continuously resets.
  • drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    Can still do 1/3 to 1/2 my health in damage to myself with Bloodletter
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1690475858
    edited March 2019
    Correction. Can basically kill myself with Bloodletter still. Just had a 450k crit that did 210k to myself.
    I only have 250k health at 20k ilvl. The bonus magnitude from Hidden Daggers seems to apply to yourself as well.
    Why no changes to the first feat pair? It's still a bad set that will only apply to leveling characters who can't use Hidden Daggers. NSF is flat out bad compared to even an unbuffed Mighty Leap, and the marginally shorter cooldown is not enough to make up for it since you will at most get 2 off per fight in solo content and neither should be used in group content period due to aggro issues. If you're insistent on keeping these two situationally-kinda-useful-but-still-inferior skills as the focus of the first feat choice, you need to make this feat choice actually viable at 80 (raise proc chance to 15-20% for Relentless Speed, getting rid of the delay before reactivation with Mightier Leap and adding a control effect to it would be my preferred and would still be fairly balanced vs. Hidden Daggers+Axestorm)

Also, Mightier Leap says "allows its immediate reuse" but I'm experiencing a 1.5-2 second delay before the skill becomes available again that I can't attribute to lag since all of the other powers seem to be working immediately
    edited March 2019
    Axestorm remains inconsistent on hitting mobs above/below the character on uneven terrain, occasionally completely failing to hit the middle mob in a group all at the same elevation. The "corpse yard" part of Vanrakdoom seems particularly egregious with a sub-50% hit rate.

As an edit, bonus damage from Hidden Daggers seems to apply to mobs missed by Axestorm due to terrain differences, so something's only half-working in the code.
  • rafamarques#5700 rafamarques Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Bug: not so fast can hit multiple (maybe 3) times in sequence.

tier 1:

Relenthess speed: plus the main bonus, should include a 50% of chance to hit again, and again, and again that encounter.

mightier leap: lets be pratical... no single person like that "instigator vibe"; improve to 600 magnitude+some radius buff/tremour effect and done.

Tier 2… i really wanted to see that kind of mechanic added to every single target encounter, maybe by a class feature or something like that.

tier 3: not a real choice here.

tier 4: looks like instigator feats that no single person wanted.

roar dont build enough rage, battle fury still on garbage (two destroyer powers... bad idea) and so on.
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Well, just took my 14.5k gwoof to Undermountain. I had a far easier time of it than I did with my 18K warlock. So I hope no one here is complaining about the state of the Barbarian.

The play style is smooth as silk so far, damage from my level 70 Barbie at wills is higher than my level 80 warlock at wills and my encounters are critting for over 100k, so I'm like, please, do not complain that you have things hard over here.

If anything, the Barbie needs to be nerfed. Admittedly, I'm only Level 71 right now and maybe things will change in the higher level zones but right now my undergeared Barbarian is slaughtering everything in sight. And it's mostly just sure strike and IBS. My companion doesn't even have any gear on it. So no, Barbarians right now are on easy street.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • croixxcroixx Member Posts: 24 Arc User

Well, just took my 14.5k gwoof to Undermountain. I had a far easier time of it than I did with my 18K warlock. So I hope no one here is complaining about the state of the Barbarian.

The play style is smooth as silk so far, damage from my level 70 Barbie at wills is higher than my level 80 warlock at wills and my encounters are critting for over 100k, so I'm like, please, do not complain that you have things hard over here.

If anything, the Barbie needs to be nerfed. Admittedly, I'm only Level 71 right now and maybe things will change in the higher level zones but right now my undergeared Barbarian is slaughtering everything in sight. And it's mostly just sure strike and IBS. My companion doesn't even have any gear on it. So no, Barbarians right now are on easy street.

Ok, and there may or may not have been a lot of changes since you played your warlock? Perhaps do an overall dps comparison after the next patch with both characters at lvl 80 with the same environment (variables). When preview first introduced mod 16 it was tough for everyone. So comparing said characters at different time frames is comparing apples to oranges.
    edited March 2019
    redoing
    croixx said:

Ok, and there may or may not have been a lot of changes since you played your warlock? Perhaps do an overall dps comparison after the next patch with both characters at lvl 80 with the same environment (variables). When preview first introduced mod 16 it was tough for everyone. So comparing said characters at different time frames is comparing apples to oranges.

Sorry, I should have clarified, I'm comparing as of today and this current patch.

I know the Barbarian was in a bad state when mod 16 launched on preview. It was officially the worst class in game, poetic really considering they have been basically the best for a long time. Maybe not always top, but easily the best spanning multiple mods.

Sadly that will probably continue to be the case, so much so that I may end up transferring my enchants over from my warlock. The clunkyness that has been demmed the new play style of the warlock plus it's HAMSTER numbers mean you may end up with another axe swinging barbie running around with his finger on the left click button. ;)
    No, you missed the point.

The Barbarian right now feels overpowered for the zones I am running in. That's the first point.

People that are complaining about the barbarian, shouldn't be. That's the second point.
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited March 2019

People that are complaining about the barbarian, shouldn't be. That's the second point.

On what basis. You're the only on the whole thread complaining about barbarian damage, which isn't even your main, and a mere 14k one.

then go ahead, prove yours point with an ACT comparison.
  • rafamarques#5700 rafamarques Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    "People that are complaining about the barbarian, shouldn't be. That's the second point."

people are complaining about USELESS FEATS/POWERS AND, BY CONSEQUENCE, A LIMITED PLAYSTYLE. gwfs-destroyers are monsters and have the same limitations.

• jamesdagr8jamesdagr8 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Would it be possible to make it to where the Blademaster path has 3 offense, 1 defense, 1 enhancement and 1 utility? I feel like as a DPS, having 2 less offense slots limits Barbarian greatly. That could be 8000 power (hatchling) and 4% at-will power.
    Another thing that would be nice is if Enduring Shout could somehow help with attracting aggro. I know we have good threat generation with Come and Get It but if that is on cooldown I find it difficult to keep aggro of larger groups.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    The Wyvern Hide artifact set (neck,belt,artifact) animation cancels Crescendo when it applies its rune, but doesn't affect the actual number of hits.

Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.

"People that are complaining about the barbarian, shouldn't be. That's the second point."

people are complaining about USELESS FEATS/POWERS AND, BY CONSEQUENCE, A LIMITED PLAYSTYLE. gwfs-destroyers are monsters and have the same limitations.

QFT.
    The whole objective here was to do away with the One True Build paradigm, and for that to work, there can be no dud powers or trap feats.
    Powers should be usable without feats to buff them, and feats shouldn't lock you into a specific batch of powers and punish experimentation.

The fact that there's a specific Chosen Build that can pull amazing numbers is... largely tangential to the actual goals.
  • ruslan1404#8974 ruslan1404 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    deleted
    Post edited by ruslan1404#8974 on
  • themule#2469 themule Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Since you can't use 5 encounters in the same rotation, I'm assuming at least four weren't being used for the whole run. If it was HD,NsF,As for mobs and HD,IBS,Frenzy for bosses that explains why HD proportion is so high. If they used HD only for bosses (but I can't guess what they used for mobs then), then you'd be right. Mind you, you can still be right and HD being overpowered but you can't tell from the data you showed w/o knowing the rotations used.

That is exactly what I did, Not So Fast+Axestorm on AoE, IBS+Frenzy on single, Daggers all the time, so there was some data being skewed there.

Note that the log was for the entire run, Sharp didn't give me the log to analyze fight by fight (which would have been more interesting I think).

I would guess Axestorm would see a bigger % of damage on AoE fights and Daggers less % on AoE due to Axestorm being very good at oneshotting whole bunches of enemies.

In Master Expeditions, some mobs and bosses use AoE attacks sometimes w/o even displaying red areas. And before confusion arises, by AoE I mean they are facing the tank, I'm on the opposite side, the tank doesn't loose aggro, and I'm getting one-shotted. It's not relevant if it's technically AoE or a back attack, point is an attack that hits people w/o aggro.

As long as that happens, you can't stay close to the mob, hence you can use atwills only occasionally.

No, I'm with you there on some of the more "interesting" attack ranges and not being able to At-will 24/7.

I can definitely see, on the bosses (especially 2), waiting for cooldowns wasn't as bad when the huge rock hitboxes made it near impossible to rotate, I pretty much tossed out Daggers, Raged, IBSed, hit a few At-wills, then ran away to dodge.

I was very worried asterdahl (and/or noworries) would just hit the nerf button and not try to keep Barbie in its competitive DPS state while making adjustments.
    Thank you for your reply, I'm glad to see we're on the same page here. I'm worried that our new acquired role of tank drags us to being both a lower tier tank and DPS.

But I'm also worried about the playstyle. I'd not like at all for the Barbarian to turn into a mage/shaman kind of char: right now we already have our share of long distance magical attacks (although of course their damage kind is physical). Some of them don't even look like melee powers (Axestorm I'm looking at you: a wave of magical axes appearing from nowhere hitting from far away). The old GWF was a cqc beast with most damage coming from physical hits (with damage type matching visual animations). Even daring shout had a physical feeling to it: I always used it to reply to beast roars (even when not strictly necessary rotation-wise, it was a small cool nod to role playing).

If we now need to always keep our distance, spend time running left and right, in fact wasting time while our encounters exit from cd, hit from far away or use a hit & run tactic, well that's a huge change in gameplay. Our damage output is irrelevant here. Last week my Axestorm could oneshot gorilla groups in Omu, yet I didn't like it. On live I don't oneshot them, I whack them with atwills, it takes longer but then I can move to the next group seamlessly. On preview, I have to pause between groups. It's a different feeling.