test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: General Feedback

Comments

• minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    drakkon5 said:

it has to be harder or we'll get bored really soon... ;)
    If you know how to play your class and play smart then you won't have troubles for solo content.

Other than the bugged combat HR, actually soloing is not so much of a problem. The issue is that it's a lot slower and about 95% less fun than it was in M15 for me.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    > @kythelion#3210 said:
    > Well, it might take a larger time commitment since you aren't going to roflstomp everything, but I find his point to be valid also. Once you find a smooth new rotation and keep on the right level gear, most stuff isn't unbearably hard. You might still be in danger of dying to a level 7 if you walk into a mob and go afk, but in leveling 3 characters from scratch with literally nothing as I'm a console player, I didn't have too much trouble so far if you discount bugs. I'm still getting around to the level 70 campaign zones, but all of the leveling zones felt pretty close to live in terms of time. Yeah, I had to drink potions. Maybe I died a couple more times overall.
    >
    > His point is that we don't get mods very often, and honestly this mod doesn't include a lot of new content. Undermountain only takes a few hours to get through to level 80. Then there's a new dungeon and new gear. A week or two, three to four at the most, for most players to regear. I understand why there's not more content, but his point is that this mod doesn't have a lot of incentive for people to keep playing. When people get bored and run out of things to do, they go play something else. And that's going to happen fast.

There actually is quite alot of content but not the kind I want: group dungeons.

The campaign areas, daily quests, challenge campaigns, heroics, expeditions ... truly alot of content and most of it will be replayable.

But that is not what most players wanted.
    I would gladly trade challenge campaogns and expeditions for 2 more queued dungeons.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    I was counting the heroics, expeditions, and stuff as part of the initial leveling and subsequent gearing. I won't spend much if any time there past the first couple weeks. Any heroics or dailies that need to be run past that for restoring gear will get the same flip of the bird SKT did. From experience, I doubt many other people are going to hang around past the first few weeks to do HEs or expeditions either. The challenge campaigns might count for extra content beyond the leveling and Mad Mage gear up. I haven't played any of it yet.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    pitshade said:

but it would be great if Armor of Lolth (CW) and Dark Armor of Lolth (DC) got the back flap like Lifesilk Spinneret has.

No, no no...This is very much a matter of taste, and some of us like it just fine the way it is, thank you.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Right. If I don't want to see my skivvies I can wear pants.
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Okay, so what is the deal with the runic bubbles in the various zones?

Is there a blog outlining how these HE looking zones are supposed to work?

I'm doing the Boundless Runic Corruption quest and it is not clear what you are supposed to be doing. Aside from what the quest says - Gather Unstable resonance: ...... etc.

Are these the new HEs for the zones? Do you get a reward or a completion for competing them? Can they be completed or do you just kill mobs until it expires?

Has anyone worked these out yet?
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User

BUG : Combined Rating

Adding gear with a combined rating is not actually adding the rating, it's subtracting it.

I have on some gear and I have an empty ring slot.
    My stats are:
    Arp : 34,893
    Crit Strike : 34,186

I add a ring to the empty ring slot with :
    Combined rating : 861
    Arp : 5,166
    Crit Strike : 5,166

My new stats are :
    Arp : 39,198
    Crit Strike : 38,491

Which is the stat of the ring (5,166) minus the combined rating of 861.

Expected:
    34,893 + 5,166 + 861 = 40,920

Observed:
    34,893 + 5,166 - 861 = 39,198

Yes, I was seeing some really bad stats after equipping more powerful equipment. Something is wonky.. this might explain it.
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    As you can see the quest says I need Gamma resonance, the relic to restore says I need Delta resonance. It should also say I'm restoring it not refining it, at least if we are going by what the quest says to do.

I also noted the next tales event in the quest tracker, does this give us a date then for the Mod 16 release? Seeing as we know when the next tales event is coming to live...
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I'll put this here also.

Boundless Runic Corruption
    I have been doing this quest for the past 3 days. It took me a while to actually open up my inventory and check my currency tab. When I did I saw that the lower half was full of Gamma. I discarded all but 3 of the gamma and kept trying to get the 3 Delta I needed. I noticed that even though now I again had 54 Gamma the quest was telling me I needed 3 more. I abandoned and restarted with the same results.

The Boundless Runic Corruption quest is fun, but it is hard to find the quest areas, and most times I arrive just as it is ending or worse it disappears before I get there. A player can't use Zone chat to coordinate across all of the Zones that the event spawns in so that requires everyone to just hop from instance to instance in the hopes you land on one with the event and get there before it ends. This is a bit frustrating, but if you are in a party with 5 people you can have one go to each area and wait until the event pops. Is there RNG to this quest? If so please adjust the drop rates. I have done so many of these things that I am already dreading doing it when it goes live.

Video of the bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzRuKCywLoc
    Post edited by oremonger#9999 on
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @adinosii said:
    > but it would be great if Armor of Lolth (CW) and Dark Armor of Lolth (DC) got the back flap like Lifesilk Spinneret has.
    >
    > No, no no...This is very much a matter of taste, and some of us like it just fine the way it is, thank you.

You like the default burlap undies? If I could replace those, I wouldn't care either.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Part 1 Dummy Control Test:
    Here is a snapshot of class balance for preview version NW.110.2019031b.3. Thanks to @greyjay1, @thestia, @rjc9000 and @sephiz#1200 for helping me.

Conditions that have been changed since the previous snapshot:

• Due to the 100 damage weapons currently not having a weapon enchantment slot, the R14 vorpal was removed.
    • We added the requirement that the test starts with the character at 100% Action Points.

Full list of conditions for the test:

• Naked characters except for the gear required to reach 50% critical strike chance. No insignia bonuses or insignias, armor penetration SH boon, no pets except for those specified.
    • No summoned companion.
    • 100-100 weapons from the trade of blades, purchaseable for 10 gold.
    • Tiefling Race, with constitution and charisma.
    • Lone level 9 dummy in the trade of blades, nearest to the pvp vendors.
    • Single target rotation for 5 minutes.
    • The base ability scores with no extra allocated beyond what you get for character creation.
    • Legendary Black Dragon Ioun stone active bonus (8k crit).
    • Imperial Rage drake mount bonus (4k crit).
    • 2x Beaded Assault Rings (5645 Arp and 3743 Crit).
    • Alchemist Companion's Active bonus (4k crit and 2k ca).
    • The DPS starts combat with 100% action points.
    • Level 80 character.
    • No random GWF or HR hitting the dummy and invalidating the test. Please stop doing this, it’s a collosal waste of my time and you not actually testing anything.

Rankings

Notes:
    • Classes with their cells highlighted in red are not representative of their true performance due to gaining bonuses when hit.
    • Rogue has higher Combat Advantage due to a class mechanic.
    • Ranger is in a very bugged state at the moment so this test is likely not a true representation of their unbugged performance.

Pie Chart and powers menu of Every Class:

Barbarian DPS Spec:

Assassin Rogue:

Warlock:

Arcanist Wizard:

Arbiter Cleric:

Healer Paladin Spec:

Whisperknife Rogue:

Tank Paladin Spec:

Fighter DPS Spec:

Trapper Ranger:

Combat Ranger:

Archery Ranger:

Fighter Tank Spec:

Barbarian Tank Spec:

Post edited by thefabricant on
  • dressrobadressroba Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Vanity pets don't show up in dungeons , stronghold maps .
  • mat44444mat44444 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Hi

An interesting set of tests/results – Personally I would think the dungeon run more an indication of overall performance in regards to dps than a stationary test dummy.

For example and only speaking for the warlock – hitting a test dummy where killing flames roughly makes up 20% of overall damage is a flawed test of dps. Killing flames only really performs its best upon targets below 25% health, hence it will perform pretty much maxed out upon a stationary test dummy (my experience of them is they are pretty much below 25% health after a few seconds) – this skill will not perform at this level in a game environment. The same would also apply to hellfire ring which is stationary area damage over time effect – things rarely stay in this area of effect for the duration in my experience.
    Hence probably the reason your dungeon final boss test shows, the Control wizard performing roughly 15% better, the barbarian roughly 21% better, the TR roughly 16% better than the Warlock – whereas your test dummy chart implies the Warlock is a very close 3rd in raw dps.

The final boss figures seem to produce a very different set of results than the test dummy – perhaps I am reading them wrong

Have a lovely day
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    mat44444 said:

Hi

An interesting set of tests/results – Personally I would think the dungeon run more an indication of overall performance in regards to dps than a stationary test dummy.

For example and only speaking for the warlock – hitting a test dummy where killing flames roughly makes up 20% of overall damage is a flawed test of dps. Killing flames only really performs its best upon targets below 25% health, hence it will perform pretty much maxed out upon a stationary test dummy (my experience of them is they are pretty much below 25% health after a few seconds) – this skill will not perform at this level in a game environment. The same would also apply to hellfire ring which is stationary area damage over time effect – things rarely stay in this area of effect for the duration in my experience.
    Hence probably the reason your dungeon final boss test shows, the Control wizard performing roughly 15% better, the barbarian roughly 21% better, the TR roughly 16% better than the Warlock – whereas your test dummy chart implies the Warlock is a very close 3rd in raw dps.

The final boss figures seem to produce a very different set of results than the test dummy – perhaps I am reading them wrong

Have a lovely day

Actually no, we test with 100-100 weapons because the dummy remains on 100% hp all the time. Try use our conditions listed, you will find its not possible to kill the dummies and this is intentional.

With regards to skills with conditional bonuses:
    • Disintegrate deals increased damage to targets below 25% hp.
    • Killing Flames deals increased damage.
    • Fighters etc do not gain bonuses from vengeance, this was noted.
    1 and 2 are easy to simulate mathematically, set the multiplier to 25%*the skills multiplier*the skills percentage of damage. 3 is not easy at all to simulate. Furthermore, things like players dying (which did happen) and other factors, will impact the results. 4 runs is a veeeeeeeeeeeeeery small sample size and in my opinion is not indicative of anything at all.

The reason the log file is included at the bottom is if you want to do a closer analysis, because if I pointed out every small detail which would skew the results, there would be an image album of over 10000 images. The point is, the results from those dungeon runs are not repeatable, where as anyone can verify my results in the first test.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    > @thefabricant said:
    > Part 2 Dungeon Runs (Lair of the Mad Mage):
    > • The tank DPS is not from the perspective of a tank class DPSing, but a tank playing as a tank, so it is not representative of a tank trying to DPS.

It’s like Smite is a problem or something....
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    > @trelamy said:
    > So.. i have 35 unspent power points, fully stacked on all powers on my cleric and I'm level 70.
    >
    > Yet i can't trade them on preview, can't seem to find them anywhere. . Plus the requirements are, that you have to be
    > below 70 level in order to trade them for AD. (?!?!?!?!)
    >
    > That doesn't make any sense to me....
    >
    > Sry if anyone else mentioned this before.

That would be because there are no Power Points in Mod16.

The inability to trade them on live at level 70 is a problem though (if I understand your report correctly).
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • yeenoghu#2009 yeenoghu Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Any idea or plans to buff articats damage a bit? Nothing like how it was before, but the fact they do have a 60 seconds cooldown, maybe something between 30k to 100k damage would be nice. For the ones that do indeed deal some damage.
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    Power point exchange vendor is not working.
    I do have 144 power points from the 124 maximum power points in live server, that makes 20 extra power points I did pay for that now I cannot exchange back in the vendor.
  • trelamytrelamy Member Posts: 56 Arc User

> @trelamy said:

> So.. i have 35 unspent power points, fully stacked on all powers on my cleric and I'm level 70.

>

> Yet i can't trade them on preview, can't seem to find them anywhere. . Plus the requirements are, that you have to be

> below 70 level in order to trade them for AD. (?!?!?!?!)

>

> That doesn't make any sense to me....

>

> Sry if anyone else mentioned this before.

That would be because there are no Power Points in Mod16.

The inability to trade them on live at level 70 is a problem though (if I understand your report correctly).

I have 124 maximum power points plus another 35 that i had bought from Zen store. But on Preview, i can't trade them on the Vendor. Points are nowhere to be found. It also tells me, "in order to trade those (inexistent)power points, i have to be below level 70. That's where i'm like, whaaaat?!
    Our beliefs don't make us better people. Our actions do.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Several mobs are getting stuck in walls and other fixed objects, especially mushrooms in many areas.
    Sometimes this blocks ability to get quest items (like the relics in the picture) or forces you to reset.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • glowingemberglowingember Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    bpstuart said:

The Class changes panel is being down right deceptive as well as unhelpful.

"With this Update we will be be moving away from the 4th Edition D&D Pre-defiend build classes." it is worded is if you are opening the classes up when you are really just changing their names. Classes are more Pre-defiend than ever, their builds restricted to 10 feats per path, only 5 of which you can have at time and the powers cut up and locked away in the paragon paths. While this is not a lie, it is not a good faith honest wording of the changes. Be HONEST and say something Akin to, 'We have streamlined the class functions and removed role descriptors from their names.' that way you are being diplomatic and truthful.

i am going to suggest this simply and straightforward. Do not be deceptive, we often see though it. it does nothing but erode trust.

My other complaint is less dire as these are still works in progress. While some like cleric do explain some mechanical differences others do not. The wizard explanation of the paragon paths just explains their themes, not their changes in function. There is NOTHING, about the removal of debuffs and the diminished focus on control potential and not even a 'These are DPS paths.' I hope you improve this as well as rephrasing the deceptive wording.

errmmm have you opened up a 5th edition book and compared it to a 4th edition book ? While i disagree with a bunch of how things have been implemented so far - it's pretty faithful to what 5th edition is trying to do. So far it looks like they are trying to take 20 levels worth of gaming material and stretching it out to 80 levels without taking parts of their own stat system into account.

just because in 5th edition you dont get many feats, it does not mean we can't get them in the computer to game to earn the stats we are being given anyways through combined rating on gear. We still get the stats, just from the wrong place. If we got them from leveling up then the type of complaint this player i am replying to would not happen.
  • glowingemberglowingember Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    to continue, all other stats aside. i currently farm influence for my guild stronghold using more than 5 characters and farm 3 she each. With the gutting of movement speed i think i am going to have to reduce that to 2 characters otherwise it will take to long running around.

simply

running

around.